Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Invite Some Neighbors Over

Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
Hi, I'm having a problem w/inviting neighbors and some friends over. I have a sim in the medical career and I have the "Equipment Arrival" questline and am at the point now where I have to convince 5 sims to vote. My problem is that I can only invite one sim over by clicking on the neighbor thumbnail in the neighbors panel and when I try to click on anyone else, all I get is "send love letter." I removed my mods and cc and it still happens. I have 2 copies of the same game. In the original game it is just as I said, but I seem to only be able to convince co-workers. In the newer game (I made a sims3pack file of this family and put them in a new Electronic Arts folder and a new hood) I can invite everybody over and even convince non co-workers. I guess I don't understand the difference since in the original I still have the problem sans mods and cc. Does anybody know why this is? It's a fairly new hood and I'm only on the second gen. I wouldn't think that it would be corrupted, but if it is then I can move other family members and friends over to the new game. Thanks!

ETA: Also in that same original game, I can't direct my sims to do laundry in spite of the fact that there is plenty of room and both a washer and a dryer. I can only direct them both (husband and wife) to transfer the clothing from the washer to the clothes line.
Post edited by Sonshine77 on

Comments

• Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Well, I've been trying to work w/this game and have come to the conclusion that it must be corrupted somehow. I was only in the 2nd gen w/gen 3 on the way. :( She cannot invite any of her co-workers over (they do not even show up on her contacts on her phone) except her sister who is her boss. I tried taking her to their houses and to other's houses and the option or icon in the upper left corner that shows visiting disappears totally after she rings the doorbell. I'm going to have to go to the other game and just take the back up in progress. *sigh