Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 Custom Content.

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    It looks like the creator of the toddler-child lashes updated them to work with the sliders but you will need to use her sliders instead (enabled for all ages).

For some reason I don't seem to be able to get them to work properly. I've installed the files but the original lashes are still on my sim. I'm sure it's probably something really obvious what I'm doing wrong.
    Are the CC lashes not showing up at all on the sim? Mind you, they don't just appear. You have to put them on first. I think you can find them in makeup > eyeliner. The face overlay I also linked should remove the EA lashes but place the file into the Overrides folder. The sliders and lashes go into the Packages folder like normal.

Okay well placing the file on overrides was something I didn't know. They're working now. The lashes and sliders were working but the original EA lashes were still on my sim as well so it looked weird. :D

Thank you so much for all your help.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2020
    It looks like the creator of the toddler-child lashes updated them to work with the sliders but you will need to use her sliders instead (enabled for all ages).

For some reason I don't seem to be able to get them to work properly. I've installed the files but the original lashes are still on my sim. I'm sure it's probably something really obvious what I'm doing wrong.
    Are the CC lashes not showing up at all on the sim? Mind you, they don't just appear. You have to put them on first. I think you can find them in makeup > eyeliner. The face overlay I also linked should remove the EA lashes but place the file into the Overrides folder. The sliders and lashes go into the Packages folder like normal.

Okay well placing the file on overrides was something I didn't know. They're working now. The lashes and sliders were working but the original EA lashes were still on my sim as well so it looked weird. :D

heh..Yeah in my original post with all the links I mentioned the Overrides folder but it was all the way at the bottom of the post. :p Glad you got it all figured out now. Happy to help if you have more questions.

Just in case you missed it - If you want to stack eyelashes with eyeliner then you can use NRaas: Master Controller to do so since sims can normally only wear one thing per category. Nraas > Master Controller > Settings > CAS > Multiple Makeup per Location
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/

heh..Yeah in my original post with all the links I mentioned the Overrides folder but it was all the way at the bottom of the post. :p Glad you got it all figured out now. Happy to help if you have more questions.

Just in case you missed it - If you want to stack eyelashes with eyeliner then you can use NRaas: Master Controller to do so since sims can normally only wear one thing per category. Nraas > Master Controller > Settings > CAS > Multiple Makeup per Location

Thank you again so much. I must have spent an hour or more messing with the sliders on my four sims tonight but I love the lashes so much. The original in game ones were super nice though. I was surprised at first when I saw they we’re eyelashes and not solid like in the Sims 4.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    If you grab S-Club's eyelashes, pick up the fix by BuckleySims too. They have a minor layering issue with certain hairstyles and aren't available for all outfit categories otherwise.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I recently downloaded some facial hair from here

Here's a few of them - there are 10 in the download.

50385816232_d73bd956aa_o.jpg
    50385816172_86784414c8_o.jpg
    @Sharonia there should also be a lash removal mod from the same place as the lashes came from. Unfortunately the lashes of all sims in your game will disappear and you will have to choose lashes for everyone! I tend to just put my lashes on the lowest length setting and hope for the best.
    If you add the lashes as eyeliner they are black but if you add the lashes under accessories they are colourable.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Sharonia there should also be a lash removal mod from the same place as the lashes came from. Unfortunately the lashes of all sims in your game will disappear and you will have to choose lashes for everyone! I tend to just put my lashes on the lowest length setting and hope for the best.
    If you add the lashes as eyeliner they are black but if you add the lashes under accessories they are colourable.

Oh thank you so much for the facial hair and advice. I was wondering why the eyelashes appeared to only to be in black. I don't really like removing the eyelashes for everybody so I also think I will do what you do and just make them small as possible.
    @Sharonia If you look closely you can see Jordan has recoloured lashes because they were added as an accessory.
    27828037689_2404489ac6_o.jpg
  • dreamyaridreamyari Posts: 41 Member
    I've been struggling with lashes.. whenever I put them into my game it's like they're only.. half there? Is there best way I can describe it. Like none of them are full lashes, they're kind of like a dotted line. I don't know if this will make sense but hopefully if somebody has experienced this issue before they can tell me where I'm going wrong.
    Probably worth mentioning that the lashes I've been using haven't been SClub's if that makes a difference, but it's purely because TSR only gives me the option to instadownload(?) and then sends me to an error page when I try to do so.
    ☆ it is only with the heart that one can see rightly ★
    ❀ advocate + founder of TS3 Renaissance
    - they/them -
    TS3 username; britishpinkkitty
    ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ ʟᴇɢᴀᴄʏ; https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981894/harper-legacy#latest
    @dreamyari Sorry you are having lash problems. I only use S-Club and have never had an issue. I hope someone else can help you.
    @Mikezumi No problem! It's probably a me thing haha, I've survived without them so far I'm sure I'll live. Thank you :)
    - they/them -
    ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ ʟᴇɢᴀᴄʏ; https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981894/harper-legacy#latest
    edited September 2020
    I have issues with the child lashes not looking right in my game but the S-Club lashes for adults work fine. Maybe give those a try @dreamyari if you ever find you want to try some again for the adults.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
    @Sharonia Yeah I would love to try the S-Club lashes I've just been having issues downloading them on TSR, thank you for your help though!
    - they/them -
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Sharonia Have you tried the sliders? sketchbookpixels has S-Club sliders up for download that work for all ages but you have to use theirs instead of the original S-Club sliders. I haven't tried the new sliders out yet... I just have the old toddler lashes that can't be adjusted.

@dreamyari Can you link or mention the creator of the lashes you're having issues with? The description might explain what's going on in case something is needed. Could be a missing mesh. As for TSR... I'm only seeing a green Download button. I'm using Chrome and I don't have a TSR subscription. Clicking Download sends me to a short wait timer because I block ads then I'm able to download the content. Could it be the browser you're using? Do you have any browser addons? If you are a TSR sub, I'm not sure what kind of options they give you so I can't help there.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    @Sharonia Have you tried the sliders? sketchbookpixels has S-Club sliders up for download that work for all ages but you have to use theirs instead of the original S-Club sliders. I haven't tried the new sliders out yet... I just have the old toddler lashes that can't be adjusted.

I have the sliders. It's not the positioning that's the issue. The eyelashes just look odd like not clear or something. It's only the kids ones though. I thought maybe they don't agree with my graphics card or something.
    edited September 2020
    @SimplyJen I put it down to not being my browser since I was able to download things from other creators without any issues, but switching browsers has allowed me to download from S-Club! I'm going to organise my mods and lashes and hop into CAS and let you know how it goes, thank you for your help!
    UPDATE: I got it working! The lashes I had in the game before the S-Club lashes still seem broken but it doesn't matter anymore since I have the S-Club lashes now! Thank you for the help and sorry for the kind of redundant questions when all it took was a browser switch!
    - they/them -
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I'm just wondering if anybody could recommend me some places to get quality Sims 3 create a sim custom content? My game is so lacking in options especially when it comes to hair styles and with TS3 not being the current game anymore I am unsure where to look. I know I will get more options in my game as I get more packs but I'm impatient and I see such pretty sims on here so thought maybe I could get some help.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

The only cc I use from TSR. I have used them since the beginning and 100% satisfied. I have a subscription.
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anybody could recommend me some places to get quality Sims 3 create a sim custom content? My game is so lacking in options especially when it comes to hair styles and with TS3 not being the current game anymore I am unsure where to look. I know I will get more options in my game as I get more packs but I'm impatient and I see such pretty sims on here so thought maybe I could get some help.

The only cc I use from TSR. I have used them since the beginning and 100% satisfied. I have a subscription.

I haven't really used TSR much when it comes to the Sims 4 cc but I am finding it a good place to go for the Sims 3 cc.
    edited October 2020

I haven't really used TSR much when it comes to the Sims 4 cc but I am finding it a good place to go for the Sims 3 cc.

Funny enough I feel like TS4 really rehabbed TSR's reputation. It's always been a mainstay of CC and I'm not immune to having downloaded TS3 content from it either (there's no sub for CycloneSue's grungy build/buy stuff, and Gosik, BillSims, and Lutetia have some good CAS stuff if not part of my "essentials") but until 2013/14 it also had a reputation for ugly/"photoskinned"/amateur content and paywalling content until it stopped the latter. Somewhere down the line it attracted a lot of TS4 talent that I never expected the site to have.

I'm focused on CAS and most of the TS3 clothes for offer are not the quality I want in my game unless it fulfills some niche I need (and boy do I have niches!) or passes my quality threshold, but I have to grit my teeth and use it for some very high-quality TS4 clothes regularly from Trillyke and Sentate. The latter has been a longtime CC creator so naturally he made some amazing stuff for TS3 that I recommend to all.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Funny enough I feel like TS4 really rehabbed TSR's reputation. It's always been a mainstay of CC and I'm not immune to having downloaded TS3 content from it either (there's no sub for CycloneSue's grungy build/buy stuff, and Gosik, BillSims, and Lutetia have some good CAS stuff if not part of my "essentials") but until 2013/14 it also had a reputation for ugly/"photoskinned"/amateur content and paywalling content until it stopped the latter. Somewhere down the line it attracted a lot of TS4 talent that I never expected the site to have.

I'm focused on CAS and most of the TS3 clothes for offer are not the quality I want in my game unless it fulfills some niche I need (and boy do I have niches!) or passes my quality threshold, but I have to grit my teeth and use it for some very high-quality TS4 clothes regularly from Trillyke and Sentate. The latter has been a longtime CC creator so naturally he made some amazing stuff for TS3 that I recommend to all.

I'm only really wanting to download some custom content hairstyles. I'm not really that into using a lot of custom content especially if it doesn't match with the games aesthetic. It's just I'm finding that the Sims 3 very limited in the choice of hairstyles that I like. I know more will come when I add expansions but I can't wait. :D
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member

I'm only really wanting to download some custom content hairstyles. I'm not really that into using a lot of custom content especially if it doesn't match with the games aesthetic. It's just I'm finding that the Sims 3 very limited in the choice of hairstyles that I like. I know more will come when I add expansions but I can't wait. :D

I mostly download cc hair for the sims 3. It doesn't look bad with the game imo, but I like the cc hair better than what maxis has given. I also like to download patterns from the exchange, because there are some beautiful ones, and I find that with good patterns, the clothes from maxis are just another level.
    Oh I download retextures of TSR hair with the mesh included. Is it because I have eyes and can tell the difference between textures and controls, or is it to avoid TSR ads? Yes, 100%

But yeah hair is a whole other animal and I took pains to not mention it. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited October 2020
    Oh I download retextures of TSR hair with the mesh included. Is it because I have eyes and can tell the difference between textures and controls, or is it to avoid TSR ads? Yes, 100%

I was actually wondering if there anywhere that has the EA hair styles re-textured, like all of them and preferably as default replacements so that they can blend in a bit more with the custom content hairs that I download. I've noticed that cc hairs have nicer more shiny textures to them and I'm a bit worried that they will look weird along side the dull looking EA hair textures. Does anybody know of anything like this?
    edited October 2020

I was actually wondering if there anywhere that has the EA hair styles re-textured, like all of them and preferably as default replacements so that they can blend in a bit more with the custom content hairs that I download. I've noticed that cc hairs have nicer more shiny textures to them and I'm a bit worried that they will look weird along side the dull looking EA hair textures. Does anybody know of anything like this?

Yep! At the very least I know that IfcaSims does, so does OneEuroMutt, and the shiniest of all from Aikea Guinea though she doesn't have a dedicated EA retextures tag (her Dreamwidth downloads here) I just tend to like things more Maxis Match.

outrun / blog / tunglr

Yep! At the very least I know that IfcaSims does, so does OneEuroMutt, and the shiniest of all from Aikea Guinea though she doesn't have a dedicated EA retextures tag (her Dreamwidth downloads here) I just tend to like things more Maxis Match.

Ah thanks. I actually prefer maxis match as well but I'm finding it hard to find custom content hairs that are maxis match. They all look kind of shiny if you get what I mean. In Sims 4 it's called alpha, I'm not sure if it's called that for Sims 3 as well. I just want things to match. Like I don't like it when my sims look a completely different style from the random townie sims.