Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just me or Supernatural Gameplay seems lacking?

2...Next

Comments

• AnaTheLibrarianAnaTheLibrarian Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel the same way. I loved playing with supernatural sims in the other sims games, but I am constantly wishing for more stuff for my occult sims to do in the sims 4. Especially for spellcasters and mermaids, when I use those occults it often feels like just playing with a normal sim because really there’s only a few differences separating them and normal sims.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I wish we had more darkness.

100% agree
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It isnt really that much of a issue for me since I usually play Occult sims to complement my 'normal' gameplay, I don't play occult for teh occult stuff like running clan of vampire or raising hell.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I find the game play boring for most of the occult life states. Vampires are the best occults in TS4 but even they are repetitive. Mostly I just play them until they get full sunlight protection and then they just become like regular sims to me but with a special diet of plasma packs. I hate that they can't feed on humans secretly and forever get harassed via texts for feeding off of humans.

Spell casters could of been fun but I find the selection of spells boring. It's mostly just daily chore cheats.

Mermaids and aliens are both completely boring game play wise but the mermaids do look beautiful, they have that going for them.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I was so disappointed when a servo of mine dressed up for a spooky party (by himself) and turned human to wear the clothes. That sucks, breaks the illusion, that they actually aren't robots but just normal sims with a mechanical skin (especially as they also have whims like any other sim too, want to get a drink at the lounge, want to turn into a vampire...)

I wish they would fix that and unlock hats for servos in CAS so we at least could customise them a little as now its practically impossible, we only got so many servo colours and I have more servos than that.

I wish they would fix all of them and add more. I'm so tired of waiting and getting nothing but normal things. Since ROM there has been nothing interesting (except perhaps Star Wars).
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I feel that the main issue with Occults is that there is no Fear. Vampires would be so much nastier if Sims ran in fear when they saw one bite a Sim. Or freaked out when a Spellcaster set someone on fire. Or a Mermaid lured a Sim with her voice and nearly drowned them. Or a ghost passed through a Sim to possess an object.

Having such a gap in the emotional system drags down the entire game. It's one of those things that at first you can't place your finger on what's wrong, but when you finally realize it, you can't not notice it anymore. Imagine if we get Werewolves that actually look like Werewolves and act wild and untamed but Sims can't be afraid of them.

Not having Fear basically neuters the Occults.
    #Team Occult
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I feel that the main issue with Occults is that there is no Fear. Vampires would be so much nastier if Sims ran in fear when they saw one bite a Sim. Or freaked out when a Spellcaster set someone on fire. Or a Mermaid lured a Sim with her voice and nearly drowned them. Or a ghost passed through a Sim to possess an object.

Having such a gap in the emotional system drags down the entire game. It's one of those things that at first you can't place your finger on what's wrong, but when you finally realize it, you can't not notice it anymore. Imagine if we get Werewolves that actually look like Werewolves and act wild and untamed but Sims can't be afraid of them.

Not having Fear basically neuters the Occults.

I agree with you on this! :D

Role-playing wise it would be more fun!
    Gameplay-wise it would give a social disadvantage to occults that have ability advantages over "normal" sims while using their abilities in public (unless around only likewise occult people where in they can just let loose like a spell-caster duel). More of a balance.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I'd love more supernatural gameplay, there just isn't enough. People say oh but the Sims is a life simulator, it never specified which life, and so the lives I play with are supernatural ones. Witches compared to 2 & 3 are good, but they don't have curses like the frog head one, it's all emotions or just change Gavin Richards into a fish. That's not lasting long enough for me, I can't even put him in a goldfish bowl to mock him in his fishy state. What's the point? At least when I play a vampire I can outright bite those pesky celebrities which is always fun. So yeah, more supernatural gameplay, more family gameplay....just more gameplay that doesn't involve a childrens art station for the kids because....boring. I want baby werewolves who scratch the furniture, bite the ankles of visitors and want to play fetch. I would also like my werewolves to have litters when they try for baby, and cute little bows in the babies hair that makes them look like little yorkshire terriers. I want to much, I know, but I'm all teary eyed at the moment for past editions of the game. (So I'm playing them instead.)
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    No to be rude but - it's you. Vampires are great, even without mods. All one needs is a bit of creativity. I will have to agree with you OTHER occults, though. They are definitely lacking in substance. Vampires? They are great.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    What I feel lacking most is occulty things besides the lifestates, like occult jobs, venues, events and pets.
    Ghosthunter, Medium, Fortuneteller...I have a vampire that is a Undertaker living in a funeral home, unfortunately I can't really playout his job though...
    for venues I would love a trait that would only allow occults on the lot, functional graveyards/funeral homes, haunted houses, spooky woods, ritual sides....
    events like "coven/circle gathering" with dancing+chanting arround a fire among other things
    pets like dragons, ravens, owls, frogs, bats and snakes

also more occult powers for kids and toddlers and occult forms for them, more occult/dark themed toys (interactable and as decorations).

Mermaids really need underwater lots and gameplay I feel and actually be able to drown a sim, other than that I like them how they are.
    Spellcasters need more curses to put on others, which won't go away with time but can only be lifted by a potion or ritual.
    Vampires are great the way they are imho.
    Plant sims should at least become a selectable, permanent lifestate, ghosts need way more spooky interactions/abilities and no need decay (or need decay based on their cause of death, like death by fire would only make the hygiene-need go down, cause they crave water...death by murphy bed would only make the energy go down and so on).
    And aliens need more (especially more interesting) powers, they also shouldn't all be automatically embaressed when found out/showing their alien form, they should have special interactions with objects too, like the rocket, the telescope and anything space related.

A fear emotion would be great in general.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat