Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 has passed 30 million players across all platforms

2...Next

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Even with the give away or low cost of the base game that happens from time to time it gives big returns. Because eventually most people will buy more packs full cost or on sale. For a product that started out in 2014 (base game) it's doing great. Not everyone wants to hear that of course.
    egTcBMc.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    Congratulations Sims 4!

So both LTD and active numbers are high. “Life to date, The Sims 4 has more than 30 million players across all platforms; daily, weekly, and monthly active player totals reached record highs for a first quarter.“
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Thanks for posting! Glad The Sims 4 is doing well and good to know that most people are happily playing the game, still enjoying the franchise.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    Mendota wrote: »
    The money is going to pay the developers and the share holders. You know I really don't understand why if people don't care for the game, why not just stop playing it, and leave it alone. I mean I hated Sims 3, and I stopped playing it and left it alone. What I didn't do was go to the forums and complain to those that did enjoy it. And it is not like the previous games did not have issues. All of the games will have issues from time to time because of how complex they are. It is just a fact of life with modern coding. There is not a program out there that is bug free to include all the Sims games. I don't post here often, and it is time for me to go. Happy Simming everyone.

I wish people would stop viewing these things in such a black & white manner. It doesn’t have to be a binary choice between “play the game” or “don’t play the game” because feedback, one way or the other, doesn’t mean that we either hate everything or we love everything about the game. There are plenty of levels of dissatisfaction and satisfaction in between.

If anything, criticism has recently been proven to be a motivating factor in the developers finally giving us the much-needed skintone update. If the community hadn’t voiced its displeasure, this never would have happened.
    Post edited by So_Money on
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    The money is going to pay the developers and the share holders. You know I really don't understand why if people don't care for the game, why not just stop playing it, and leave it alone. I mean I hated Sims 3, and I stopped playing it and left it alone. What I didn't do was go to the forums and complain to those that did enjoy it. And it is not like the previous games did not have issues. All of the games will have issues from time to time because of how complex they are. It is just a fact of life with modern coding. There is not a program out there that is bug free to include all the Sims games. I don't post here often, and it is time for me to go. Happy Simming everyone.

I wish people would stop viewing these things in such a black & white manner. It’s doesn’t have to be a binary choice between “play the game” or “don’t play the game” because feedback, one way or the other, doesn’t mean that we either hate everything or we love everything about the game. There are plenty of levels of dissatisfaction and satisfaction in between.

If anything, criticism has recently been proven to be a motivating factor in the developers finally giving us the much-needed skintone update. If the community hadn’t voiced its displeasure, this never would have happened.

right? why is people taking the game's criticism on such a personal level, getting offended and making people feel bad for having an opinion?
    if people keeps their expectations high for the game is because the sims 1, 2 and 3 exist. because those games set the bar too high. if ea didn't want comparatives, instead of naming sims 4 "sims 4" they should've done some kind of spin off and leave the franchise's main titles alone.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I‘d like to know where all the money is going...

HA!!! YES!!! I would like to know this too.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Now that they have 30 Million Players, and have earned huge amount of cash, maybe EA you can give Maxis a huge budget like you give with Bioware, DICE, Motive, and among others? The Sims Studio could not even add Eco Footprint Layers in existing worlds ( You know garbage in current worlds, or an apocalyptic look because of industrilzation) in their Latest Exapnsion Pack due to lack of budget. I mean come on, they wanted to make an EP that will affect all worlds in the game but only sky Vfx was the only thing they are able to do.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I‘d like to know where all the money is going...

HA!!! YES!!! I would like to know this too.
    It all combines into one financial statement for EA. So everything EA sells whether it is from the Sims or EA Sports goes into one financial pool and pays for things like server space for their online games and marketing and payroll, etc. Just how accounting works, products don't get divided no matter what type of company it is. This goes into a little more detail with it:
    https://www.pocketgamer.biz/business-and-production/70361/financing-your-indie-game-development-studio-part-one-of-four/

One of my friends handled the finances with Gaiaonline and was interesting to hear how accounting worked with them. He often used the cup of coffee comparison when describing how much value people put with microtransaction purchases. I went to school for accounting myself so this is something I enjoy talking about. There was often an expression with murder mystery stories, "Follow the money". I work for Employment now, so so neat to see how finances work with them too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller