Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    @RedDestiny92 , Well, speaking of guessing.. I removed the situational outfit hiders from my game for funnies, and your sim showed up like this:
    1Mcje7Q.png
    pApFXHm.png

What made it fun, regarding your update about Joey, lol, this happened a bit later:
    8Wgs8gM.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • the_red_simmerthe_red_simmer Posts: 36 Member
    The Radfords had a house upgrade and their daughter Quinn finally became a teen!
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Lyrie Oh, I'm looking forward to it!

I know right? I don't know whether to love her because she's such a stereotype of a proud and vain villainess, or love her because she's the deconstruction of a sue and literally "not like the other girls."

I'm not even sure myself if she IS that shalow or there's something deeper going on, since May's story is game-driven.

---

Have a very short update!

---

2htfBhi.png

In the passing days, May finally started working on the design of the next "century classic." Ambitious, but she was not going to go down easily, and it was time to double down and put her money where her mouth is, even if she didn't have a lot of it. However, in her confidence, she was beginning to overstep her bounds. "I'm telling you, this is going to be THE fashion statement for this century. Mademoiselle had 'la petite robe noire' back in the 1900's, well, this century it's going to be mine. Best part is, NO eyeball rings allowed. My look is going to be the front page of Smogue, Femme, Simgaro, and even reach as far as Japan."

Unfortunately, her confidence got her all over the place, and while she started to gain fame for it, it also attracted unwanted attention.

GcHbN1r.png

Lily, as well as a few others like Nancy Landgraab, wanted a piece of the action now that she was a rising star about to make a statement in the fashion world, and loath as she was to admit it, her connections were necessary but have become bothersome as of late. They wanted to be her model, her sponsor, etc. and the overload of information and catering to their needs were overwhelming and diminishing her vision of fashion.

Ky80rPr.png

'It's all falling into place, but I just can't find what will bring it all together! I need that je ne sais quoi; I need my muse! Why isn't it all together yet? Is this really the extent of my fashion expertise? Just this?! I need to make something so beautiful it'll be unforgettable for 100 years! Why? Why isn't this working?! I...I can't lose like this! I followed Mademoiselle and Miss Simtour to the letter, but why isn't it coming to me like it did for them? WHY!?'
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hadley Cole-Cordova's daughter Emerson became a child tonight on Harvestfest and her siblings are finally starting families of their own. Emily Cole married a man named Tobias Worthington(made by me) and they're expecting a son to be called Michael. Oliver Cole and his girlfriend Tiffany Cooper(also made by me) have a son named Ryder. <3 Hadley's son Spencer becomes a teenager in 22 days.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    @Daravi thanks! Sims is surprisingly fun to take screenshots in and freecam is simple but good.

When Eli woke up in his apartment in Evergreen Harbor with absolutely no idea where he was, who he was or who all these contacts on his phone were he absconded to San Myshuno to try and piece himself together. He had two things going for him (1) he had journalled since he was young and while his entries weren't always what might be considered... er, coherent they might help him figure out who he was and (2) while he might have been made to forget Emilio, Emilio didn't forget him:

mgRiDab.png

Eve, feeling pretty guilty about the whole 'made my erratic/gloomy/generally p fragile brother forget who he was possibly pushing him over the edge' and broke into his house on Sim-Halloween-the-name-of-which-I-forget and left him a third way to remember: their mother's urn.

MbpI4wc.png

Meanwhile, her new interest in Simta Muerte led her to Selvadorada where she learned some... interesting new skills:

rYgR2sT.png

And Emilio, slowly reconstructing his budding relationship with Eli, knew there were two possibilities for his amnesia. Eli could have had some serious mental break and forgot who he was maybe the death of his mother? Or, alternatively, someone could have made him forget. So he launched himself into figuring out who that could be, which led him to learning about vampires and their capabilities. Now Emilio doesn't know why Eve would do such a thing but what he did know is that he would do something about it.

VA1xuSw.png

&PHgr;
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    @MelsieYT

Here is the summary thread for my challenge. Happy reading. :D

This thread has included only the story parts, my building updates are reserved only for this thread.
  • MissClairelyMissClairely Posts: 15 Member
    > @Daephene said:
    > @MissClairely Did Kylo have an alien afterwards?

@Daephene -- unfortunately, no! I haven't played too much further (got distracted by another family I'm playing) but he didn't get the probed/upset tummy moodlet so I don't think he's pregnant, unfortunately. Might just have to have him contact the aliens with the computer and see if I can get him abducted again. This time was totally by chance!
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,317 Member
    @Daravi Your Challenge looks great and I bookmarked your thread. Toll. :)

I'm still goofing around with the knitting pack and started another Club, with another sim, one of ARIS6962's creations. This one is for teens and elders only and I included drinking coffee and cleaning to Club activites. The old man in the Club is the Guru from the Romance Festival and the elderly lady came by the house earlier and I invited her to join the Club. Lily is cleaning.
    Knitters are good listeners, but it feels a bit awkwárd they can't say anything.

RBELuHP.png
    Ye9hDxY.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    Two Behind-the-Scenes workers got in a fight during today's shoot. They were the Special Effects Operator and the Camera Operator. I can only imagine what this fight was about...

fgQiU3b.png

The director was not impressed.

OgF2c4v.png

UhXkRq4.png

Meanwhile, Dakota carried on with an amazing performance as usual. Side note: I am starting to get very bothered by the fact that they ALWAYS turn her into a blonde. She has beautiful dark hair, and it's not fair and I don't like that the game is programmed for actors/actresses to be blondes. Seriously, 🐸🐸🐸🐸? There are plenty of beautiful dark-haired actors/actresses IRL. The game seriously needs to fix this issue, and allow actors/actresses to have all hair colors.

nhEjO0M.png

In other news, I LOVED the detail put into this set.

VHVzJMu.png

5Ml5oWe.png

MfeJky8.png

uTZ7C60.png
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I finally managed to rotate through uni for the first time yay. It's a pain, though. I am sad that I must quite carefully pick the sims that get to have a degree, because I really am rotating by feeling and not by any timetable or structure and university needs a lot of management :/

However, I also managed also finishing all builds on one Oasis Springs neighbourhood - also, finally :,D

Today was a good simming day :)
    origin ID: adduapina
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,371 Member
    Seeing everyone's sims with artbreeder made me curious, so I thought I'd have a go with a few of my current sims

Clara O'Connol
    gYU5mIW.jpg
    Connor Brooks
    klvP2yx.jpg
    and their daughter, Roza Brooks
    LhgLchF.jpg
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    While Eve hadn't dealt with hunters before in her unlife she knew they were sniffing around about potential targets, and especially those vulnerable vampires outside Forgotten Hollow always needed to be wary. What she was not expecting was being attacked in her own home by her brother's boyfriend intent on slaying her.

OsS0KI9.png

Incensed at the idea that the hunters would use her brother to get to her she made sure Emilio wouldn't have a second chance.

y0Q3UG7.png

KC2aWGv.png

After his trip to coroner's office to identify Emilio's remains Eli was now, officially, in a Bad Place.

He was more inclined to believe that he had just had some kind of mental break, tracking his mental state through his journal and just through his daily life this seemed the most likely story at least. But someone had killed Emilio, that wasn't in his imagination. So he decided that he would do what he would deny them the benefit of ever seeing him die. Besides, this way he'd have all the time in the world to track down who did it.

vr8kqrL.png

Moreover, the mysterious urn that had showed up in his home had a ghost bound to it that claimed to be his mother. She promised to give him all the answers he wanted if he would only sever her connection to the incessant tug of the afterlife.

And so he did.

tOKGCHi.png

And with that fateful decision Eli tipped the scales. Greater powers suddenly took a very keen interest in the Sin family...

&PHgr;
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2020
    wbIgq54.png

The Spice Festival has come to San Myshuno, and under orders from her boss, May has to take pictures and write and edit an article for the special "Summer Slumming" edition, an idea proposed by the ME to Miss Simtour on targeting the quite obviously less tasteful (read: poor, lower middle class, SAHM, blue collars) readers of Smogue. Her job was to gather information on how their more affluent readers could enjoy themselves when its not Fashion Week or the season of the SIM gala in SimCity, by, as the ME guessed, "slumming it." May wholeheartedly agreed with the idea. Attending the gala at the Simopolitan Museum might be fun, but even she needs time to mingle and seek inspiration in smaller museums and social events to get ideas.

And wouldn't you know it, it seemed some celebrities also had the same idea. Maybe "slumming it" will be the next hot thing this season and she needs the details on the ground floor, and if lucky, seek inspiration for her own fashion line.

3E080bc.png

Of course, finding the right muse in the right places isn't just an instantaneous process. 'Ugh! A round collar shirt? In polyester no less? No, no, no, this simply won't do. I refuse for the next 'century classic' to be just a casual shirt. It's just as bad as the idea of, yuck, grunge making a comeback on the fashion scene. There has to be something here worth turning into a classic.'

aW10wiX.png

Disappointed with how this was how everyone was spending their time, basically boring stuff, she let out a huff and walked to the contest table. 'Hmph! What a waste of time this has been. I may as well just taste the curry, snap some shots, and be done with...well, hellooo.'

mIPi8BS.png

'Tall. Lean. Not caked on with ridiculous makeup. Exemplary colour coordination. She's perfect! I've finally found a muse!' "Hello, dear, I'm May Convallaria, and I work for Smogue magazine as a columnist. May I take some of your time to ask a couple of questions?"

1nWYfzz.png

It didn't take long for the two to strike an amiable acquaintanceship. Her name was Summer Holiday, a former cheerleader who moved from Speedville to Willow Creek with her friends. May was quite taken with her style. Clearly, she was the type of popular girl for the right reasons, and it carried Summer well into young adulthood. Just like the girl May used to be, except blonde, and could use a little more refinement. May was beginning to plan big things for Summer, if only she could get the girl to be her muse and model. With luck and talent, Summer will make it far in the upper circles, more importantly, May will make it even farther and revolutionize the fashion of the 21st century the way Mademoiselle did with the last.

Z9w7aDn.png

"Oh, dahling, I remember you. You're May, right? You've been making quite the scene in the fashion business lately, dahling. Word has it that Anna Simtour has her eyes on a few editrixes under her command to be her assistant."

'Oh, now you're noticing me, Miss Ward? Too bad for you, you has-been,' May smiled at her, while maintaining her facade of being amiable with the celebrity who couldn't bother to remember her name until now.

BKPMHbk.png

May's time in the festival was cut short, however. She'd forgotten, but the festival fell on the same day as Love Day. The man who was flirting with her in the lounge was asking her out on a date, and the place was San Myshuno Meadows. While she was pragmatic on the idea of dating right now, the fact that the man had chosen such a high-class place as a date spot might just impress her. That, and though she won't admit it, Dylan was kind of cute. The kind of man she would've fancied as a schoolgirl back in her private school days. He also had an adequate sense of style. So what's the harm in it?

vhTNYNa.png

'Oh...' Well, the shorts show off some noticeable assets. The hoodie was really horrible though. Why did she agree to this again? 'It might not be that bad. Maybe he's having an off day?'

AHWtJzD.png

May made good conversation with Dylan, and she was amiable foe the most part, but she couldn't help but wonder what in the world was he thinking wearing that, and in such a good park too. Still, she wasn't completely closed off to the idea. He was really cute, and had that boyish charm to him despite being a lot older than her. She was curious, and willing to get to know him better, and asked him questions...

TMiquQG.png

...and soon felt herself dying on the inside. He was too much of a goofball, wore a terrible outfit for a date, and just wasn't meeting her standards. Dylan had two sons from a previous marriage, and while love was free in many forms and adopting kids from previous marriages was all the rage for some reason, May personally didn't want the baggage of taking care of kids just yet, especially not her own. He didn't have any skills and hobbies. He was also unemployed...despite being a man in his late 30's...

Yea, the man may not be a creep, but everything is just screaming of red flags...

It's time to put an end to this date.

8qTnLhW.pngBack at the festival, love was in the air, and couples were out and about like bandits.kZUb5Nr.png

Before ending what she could consider was a not-so-bad but not so-good day, May sneaked in a few ideas for her line. Her fashion line wasn't quite there yet, but she felt that the time of her reckoning of the fashion industry was near for sure.

VPPADnR.png

The next day, Summer called her over to hang out. May was excited; she must've made a good impression and hooked the girl's interest.

'Why does this feel like one of those internet memes I've been hearing so much about?'

Summer met her outside and invited her in.

bzCd2Ba.png

'Oh my! How...quaint.'
    Post edited by Dust_Bunny2010 on
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited October 2020
    Ok, sorry folks! I didn’t get to some of you that needed longer replies. I’m supposed to go to bed by 2, and it’s 4 already. I will continue asap. However, I’d like to write an update of my own too. So I’ll just keep trying to catch up.

In the meantime, I found a way to keep Don and Thorne from endlessly running downstairs to their gym. Both of them having the active trait gets annoying really quickly, because they are both a million miles away from Kalila when she needs them!

Lol, They are funny

I put these rocking chairs right in the routing path to the basement. Now they just sit down and talk! Lol! Maybe rocking chairs will save their relationship? Ha!

dPflqCm.png

VdrHKKp.png

And I did a hybrid of Koteyka’s ArtBreeder method and mine and was Finally able to get a Don from my very favorite picture of him!!!!!!

0Z3CBIA.png
    nLeeDCe.png

Good? Yes?

@Koteyka

Awww thanks, I’m glad you liked the updates. You got it exactly right. Phillip deserves to be called Dad, and so he shall. Thorne has things to work on. Perhaps Don too.

I’d love for there to be a little crush between Danni and Lucas. He did end up asking to come over the next day! Lol

And yes! I always thought that playing Max would be fun. Sims with “over the top” programming are awesome! (Like Don, and Thorne! Lol)
    Oh wow, sounds like your dad is a lot like my husband as far as menacing stares! Lol, it always amazed us that the man could be menacing in a very politely worded email, lmao. So, I hope that whatever your dad does, if it’s staying quiet, so as not to ruin your life forever, or if he can speak to the right people, that things get better for you.
    Well, I'm not really worried about plagiarizing because it's not all that original but I'm not really good at translating and it's written in Russian, sooo yeah I could explain the plot though!
    Oh, that would be really cool if you could explain the plot!
    And ok, I will have to wait and see what’s up with little Ianto who is
    still human for most parts
    lol!
    I really love your ArtBreeder results. I agree, that’s not how I picture Steve At all. But those toddlers, wow! They are just the cutest little things. I about melted when I saw little Harry, oh goodness! :heart: I think Kostik is quite good, but yeah, Yuri is perfect! All of Tony’s ages look great! Very close to their Sims. Lol, ok, I’m not going to name everyone. They are all cool!

Ok, I believe I’m up to date on your chapters, although I probably missed commenting on at least one. But now I know I’ve read them all!! Yay me! Lol

I’m starting with the one where Ianto became “insane” and tolerable. Lol It’s so cute. Poor Steve, realizing he’s not actually as progressive as he thought he was. He seems to come around easily enough. I was laughing as I read Morgan’s plan, because I used to read Star Trek novels by the dozens, and relationships like that were often referred to. I am even less progressive than Steve I guess. Because I can say with all conviction that an arrangement like that would never truly work. It will look like ir works, but someone would end up being the third wheel, and have to be satisfied with the scraps. And I’m sure a thousand other people will tell me I’m wrong, Lmao. I’m 53. I know things :wink:

Anyway, Ianto’s mystery intensifies. I do love his explanation of why babies are so fussy. I have to agree with him. What an awful existence. I mean, even if you ignore the thought that they are highly intelligent creatures, the rest of what he says makes sense. You can’t see well, everything is too bright. Sounds are way too loud, not like when you were safe and warm, and everything was muffled. Can you imagine, if you had an itchy spot, and couldn’t communicate where it was? And that poor little guy had a thousand itchy spots. And what if you had a headache? Or even a hangnail? You know how awful that can feel, getting it caught on your clothes. So many little problems, all the time, and no way to tell anyone. Sounds like a good way to go insane. :D

But yes, things like this:
    I would love to see my life flash before my eyes but I suppose that's just a myth. Because that dying thing when it's supposed to happen... Been there. Done that. Nothing flashed.
    That just doesn’t bode well at all. There is definitely something up with this little man.

And that’s even more apparent in the next chapter, when he’s a toddler. And a very cute one btw :smile: Oh my God, when he gave up and gave Rhi his ice cream, lol! What a look on his face! But yeah, pretty grown up of him to do that. And then going back to wait for her, because she was slow. He claims that he wasn’t a good big brother to her, but he seems wonderful to me. And she was so sweet, playing dinosaurs with him, when no one else would.

And his issue with the turtles. Why did that upset him so much? He was helpless to stop them. I image he knew how dangerous it was going to be out there for them. But why? Why did he know that?

But my favorite part is when he’s with Thor, and he realizes that Thor is a “powerful being,” and that he was magical but no one else saw it.

And wow! I’d forgotten that Morgan could see the spirits! But that’s cool, Ianto can too! He is such an interesting little guy. Very wise for a baby. There’s what you call an “old soul.”

@Lyrie

Ohhhhh, this is the cutest Harvest Fest! And Rainbow is right, she does look cute in her dress!

She is so musical! What level is she on the piano? Was that the first time she played it? That day, with the woman at the home? I can’t believe she went and played something on the piano at Chez Llama after Dinner. And I’ve never seen Baako there playing before. I wonder if that’s an mccc thing?
    Anyway, It’s so cute how Lil was thinking of Angel as she went to the mailbox, is that a mod too? Or is it from Seasons?

And wow, going to do charity work that day is a great idea! And ummm, duh, why haven’t I done that with Max yet? (Although, when I sent Malcolm to do it he came back so angry that it was nearly impossible to keep him from swearing at his girlfriend! Lol!)

Poor Mattty with his stripey sickness, lol! Yes, that’s an awkward time to flirt, but hey! With Mckenna I’ll take what I can get. Lol.

I like their future plans, they all sound good and helpful for the future. Matty is a writer? Is it his job or aspiration or both?

And omg at your wink! And Juli eating fast!!! Ok, I’ve read the next update, Max needs to buy that ring pretty quickly! Lol

As for your problems with the chef, did anyone answer you? I can tell you what I do. I don’t use any mods in my game, so I jot down the names of the chefs and servers etc. Then go to manage families and give everyone the best traits and aspirations for their jobs. The wait staff get neat, cheerful, and good. The hosts and bartenders get neat, cheerful and outgoing. The chefs get perfectionist, neat, and creative. (Oh my God! I’m so dumb! We should put an inspiring picture or statue in the kitchens!!!) Anyway, I use aspirations for culinary for the chefs, and friend of the world for hosts, mixology for the bartenders, etc etc. And then, the other thing I do is mainly only go to that restaurant, so that chef levels up.

But poor Rainbow, how sad. I see Max didn’t take that food poisoning very well. It’s so nice to see him so happy about her. And he seems more and more mature all the time. I’m sure that they’ve broken the cycle that they grew up in!

This next update is the sweetest ever. Max and Rainbow are darling! Your dialogue that you write for them is just delightful. Rainbow is a bundle of energy, about to explode at any moment, lol! I love all the CAPS when she’s excited :D

How wonderful that meeting Hazel is going to be a thing! Yay! The whole trip does sound fun, bears, bugs, fish, a campfire!! And HAZEL!!!

But her whole thing about Juli is so funny! Kissing in a tree, and then Max, “I'm a terrible climber.” Ha, good retort, lol! Rainbow knows what that means, Not a tree, but many other places! (Well, it took him long enough!!! Ha!)

His apology about the extra work is so sincere, and I’m glad it didn’t make anything awkward for them. Rainbow seems to roll with the flow though, so I didn’t think it would be weird.

And she’s sweet, telling him what a great dad he is, and thinking about poor Hazel(nut) lol, I love that :D

And this
    : Max's Thoughts: 'I really have to work on my reactions when it comes to her or anything involving her, I can't have my guard up and be defensive.'
    This is profound. If he can manage to do that he should write a book, because it’s so important, and yet so hard!

And it’s so funny how much Rainbow loves Juli when you think about how she started out with her! Lol! I couldn’t believe how calm Juli always stayed. And she won her over, that’s for sure! She sure wants her for a mommy! I hope she wants a little sibling too, lol!

These updates are really the best. After all those years of despair, everyone in this family is doing well.

Now if we could just get that for Hazel…..

@RedDestiny92

Ummmm, yes…. I do recognize that there young man. :D As soon as I saw that picture, it reminded me of this shot of him meeting Thorne for the first time. I’m not sure why, but it did :D The tilt of his head I guess. Now That’s how you greet a new neighbor, right? :sweat_smile:

JKkmfCu.png

Besides that, he already has his own Thorne! Leave Don’s Thorne alone Joey!
    IJRTUlE.png

Lol at this:
    Finding a roommate proved easy and she knew she could have made a better choice
    Followed by this:
    she got a chance to relax a little broke or not...you bet she went with the cutest offer she could find.
    Yes, sounds like Joey!
    He seems to have some cash in this story! What’s that backstory? He can decorate a house, and buy JetSkis to boot? And oh my, he turned it up quick! Lol! Kissy faces, and kissing her hands right away. There’s my man! Lmao :p What do you mean, “pretending” to be a gentleman! Lol! He’s a perfect gentleman!

I’m dying here:
    When it was time to snorkel this dolphin immediately came up to him so I stopped him from joining her, look how happy it is, ugh he's charming to sea creatures too, him, I like.
    Lol, you don’t have to sound so annoyed that you like him! Ha!! It’s impossible not too! Has he obsessively cleaned a desk yet, or imagined worms wiggling inside himself yet? He’s an interesting queasy kinda guy :wink: lol

Yeah, here at the Romance Fest, you mentioned the old crowd again. Do you mean Hugo Villareal? Who is in the old group? I’ll bet it was fun telling them how adventurous she is, moving in with a man she didn’t know! Ha

He was willing to kiss her, hey? How sweet of him. And then that convo about the pet names. I was lmao. I guess “Love” was the best he’d come up with. And she was all “You can’t call me that, it just happened.” Well yeah, it did happen, so hush, lol

And oh my god!
    And over there we have two people ignoring me.
    Hilarious! What is Travis doing there selling paintings anyway? Clearly you didn’t put Jasper in this save, or that would be him. It’s always him. Lol!

And omg, really Joey? You can’t even make it to the bed? After all that talk? Lol! Isn’t that just like a man? lol

@Ellupelluellu
    hehee, even I know who that is

ETA: I did know the blue haired dude too
    You beat me! The blue haired dude had me baffled! lol

@Svineprutter

Hello again! Nice to see you! I have had the same results with my knitting club, and I even made sure that all of the members were up to knitting skill 3. Soooo, shoot. Maybe is we made it the Only club activity?

Anyway, yes, I’m sure it helped a great deal to have the comfort of someone’s lap while talking up another Sim! Lmao!!

And thank you, yes, I love my real Thorne a great deal. :heart: Well, I love Thorne a great deal, so…. there’s that :D

@Sofmc9

Oh my gosh! Your little Heidi is adorable!! And the sheep look so realistic! And Grandfather looks great. She looks so happy there! Chattering away. :heart::blush:

Granite falls would be good, but Windenburg is great too, as far as having mountains in the background. It so beautiful there, every time I play on a different lot I’m surprised by the scenery again!

@BlueSeaWaves

Awwww, thanks, I’m glad you liked all my little bits and pieces. That’s so funny that you tried to think of the dog Danni was describing too! Lol! And yes, they both love Danni so much, they’ll do anything for her. Up to, and including, talking to Judith, lol! And I laughed when all the kids did that when the guys kissed. I had to work it in somehow, and then Danni gave me that perfect lead in with her drama! :D And yes! Wasn’t Max’s bridge the funniest? I assume it’s because it was just 4 kids working on it. I’ve never seen a result like that before. And yes, Max is a very sore loser. Lol.

You’re right! Things are looking up for Owen and Sylvia! I’m glad to see her looking so happy around him. You said it took a while to get that bar back up, but they obviously did! Sylvia looks a bit apprehensive about bringing the whole family to that restaurant lol. Well, they did decide to keep it a secret.

Oh my God at the mouse reaction! That’s the best! Owen man, you need a job bud, and a better apartment. Or to move back to the house. :wink: The two of them are so cute, sneaking around together, and then getting a New Year’s kiss without anyone seeing. I’d say it won’t be too long before someone figures it out though. I’m surprised Sylvia wanted the kids to go to his place, knowing there were mice there! Ha! But how cute, like teenagers, texting all weekend. I can’t believe Archie is about to be a teen! And he still knows nothing about Tim, right?

@Daravi

Wow! Thank you for that succinct explanation of what went wrong in Germany after WWI and led to WWII. I have never heard it explained like that. It makes so much sense. Especially as we watch the rise of Nationalism here. It’s an evil thing.

I’m so very glad the Wilhelm is home safe and can be with his little girls! (who did indeed look like Huey Dewey and Louie! Lol! And yay! his brothers are safe too!

Oh! These black and white photos look wonderful! Your husband must have a great program.

@sarabeth2984

Thank you! I’m glad you like using the Swiss Chalet. And that is awful that your game is messing up relationships like that! Sheesh.

Neil looks great with that hair, and Anna is so cute! Are the rocking chairs on the upstairs landing? Or in that first bedroom? lol, I can’t remember what the landing looks like.

Fernando still makes me mad! Lol! Interesting that Skyler prefers being with his grandfather. Neil didn’t have any sons? I like their pub! I love Princess Cordelia there. Is that number over her head actually corresponding to the boyfriend she’s with? Lol!

Oh my, yes Mel is a bit to old to be having a baby. The risks of risky woohoo I guess. That office type building you made sounds cool! And yes! Nice male model you got there! I got your “Cured” Caleb Vatore as a model once. He made a stir! Cody giving a citation to his vampire coworker is awesome! I’m glad Rocky is getting squared away!

Maribelle and Harry sure have a wonderful new set of Foster kids :heart: Geez, this game! It has to be mccc that generates those child or teen only households, because it’s never happened to me. But hey, good thing you have them to take those kids in.

Leroy looks like a trip, and Harry “getting’ down” to metal music is awesome :D It’s nice that Lan likes the violin! And big congrats to Maribelle on her art showcase. That is the best shot of the kids there! Lmao!! :D They are soooo not happy with this.

@revgrv

Wow! Those are some colorful pictures! And oh my, quite a catastrophic. Things didn’t go well for Mirimata did they?

But hey, at least Willow and Messere Robot are happy! Is that Bella looking in the window? Lol!

Oh dang! Eve! Being a vampire is not going to help you here! Listen to your mother!

And Idk which one is Eli and which one is Emilio, but they both look pretty cute!

@Daephene

I love your new profile picture! Lmao! And I was paging through here and saw your picture with Geeta and the two drinks and I laughed all over again! Lol, This game trips me out.

Uggg, really? It could be 6 of them that we lose? Uggggggg that means Bruce will go for sure, won’t he? Isn’t he much older than his siblings? They are still frozen in time in my save. No worries! Lol! They are in my main save, along with Ian and Lawrence, and Don and Thorne. None of the families from the thread here have taken a step towards getting older in about a real life year! Lol!

@Lucy_Henley

You are welcome for the instructions! I hope you can try it out sometime!

@March306

Holy cow! My instructions helped you make that guy!? I’m amazed! Lol, I mean honestly, you did a really wonderful job! He looks completely real!

And holy cow! 4 more boys! Yikes! Doug’s such a good dad. Teaching those skills. My toddlers always get so whiney when I do that with them, lol.

I love Darth Vader in attendance at the Thanksgiving celebration. Lol, I love that holiday you made!

Hank and Even are really cool looking kids! Jeremiah and Boris are too. But they look so different from Hank and Even. Don’t you think? Their head shape is completely different.
    I’ve been trying and trying to have time to write down an update, because guess who I found walking around at the gym where Dash hangs out?!! He’s in the gym club now. :smiley:

FnWaP38.png

TTFN everyone!
    Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Yes, the explanation is very shortened, and there were more reasons for the dead of the weimar republic, but I can't write it all down, I had to keep it simple and I don't want to start an discussion about it. Maybe I'm wrong with something, other might disagree, but I'm not a historian. I see the rise of nationalism worldwide, even here again under false claims by trying to use the pandemic to destabilize the society, and this is frightening me to the hell.

In my game I have started to change the appearance of building, planing the outfits and started to divide sims in different camps. It will take a while until I can continue with my story. I got even the idea to rebuild my very first apartment where I used to live. It was built around 1926 as a provisional and survived ww2. The provisional still exist. :D
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    @CheesySimsLover ooh, that's the gig Caroline Masterson was doing the other day! She did get to keep her red hair for the Dignity and Decorum gig, it was just done up in a fancy hairstyle.
    I actually never noticed that most gigs seem to require blonde hairdos... weird. And yeah, there are loads of gorgeous dark-haired actors and actresses out there.

I took some screenshots in CAS to use in Artbreeder for when I have the time. I've been flicking through them and noticing the differences between the kids, particularly with Erytheia and Xanthe. They look very similar, but have subtle differences. Erytheia's ears stick out a tiny bit more, but not much, and it's not noticeable in normal gameplay. The nose shape is very slightly different.

As leader of the "No Grown-Ups Allowed!" club, Erytheia was able to keep tabs on the various members, and invite new ones. She noticed that Billie Jang had become a teenager and was therefore no longer a member, and NGUA now had two spare places... perfect for her younger brother and sister.
    "Hey, Artemis, how do you fancy joining No Grown-Ups Allowed? It's a great way for you to meet other kids."
    "Are you kidding? Of course I'd like to join! Does Apollo get to join, too?"
    "Yes, of course," Erytheia replied. "I'm just going to ask him now."

k9tjYJp.jpg

Anastasia Paraskevas decided to visit, and Caroline was happy to see her friend.
    "Happy Winterfest!" Caroline said. "I got you a present!"
    "Oh wow, thank you," Anastasia smiled, opening the box. "Ooh, I've wanted this book for ages!"

yKJgFKK.jpg

One thing that everyone loves at Winterfest is a grand meal. Caroline took the turkey out of the fridge and set to work, seasoning here and browning there, and produced a lovely feast. Though the family didn't all sit down at once, she didn't mind; she was able to enjoy the meal with Erytheia and Artemis.

W5GNr5u.jpg
    qkwLbbf.jpg

Oh wow, Father Winter! Xanthe thought as she spotted him near the tree. She remembered his visit from last year, and the fact that she hadn't been able to get a present from him. Now she was older, though, and had fully developed communication skills. She was delighted to receive a new Voidcritter card!

8XEuvQj.jpg

Thursday meant health and fitness day at school, which was Apollo's favourite subject! After attending a general talk from Mr Murakami, Apollo felt fired up enough to practise his basketball dribbling skills outside, whilst it was snowing!

kkwbcVA.jpg

Not really got a caption for this, but Apollo was dancing at school (one of the Go to School mod tasks) and he had... this face. Dunno what he was thinking of at that moment...

gqeTA26.jpg

Caroline and the older twins visited Planet Honey Pop!, where they had fun with the karaoke machine. Caroline watched as they sang a duet together. Erytheia had the better voice, but Xanthe was definitely giving it her all, which was just as important.

CII5F0Q.jpg

At around 8pm, a karaoke contest was annouced, and Caroline sang "Shaken, Not Stirred", scoring 60/100 points. The winner, however, was Ritu Gupta with 80 points.
    Ah well, I did better than last time, Caroline thought. And I had fun, which is the main thing.

cz6dxfz.jpg

Caroline was tired when she got back to the penthouse, and immediately went to bed. The rest of the family, however, decided to watch a premiere of a new television series. Even the cats seemed interested...

UzmBanr.jpg

No real caption here, just a screenshot of Erytheia and Alexander battling their Voidcritters! So... much... red...

XlBBpty.jpg

Just like he'd done with Erytheia and Xanthe, that Saturday, Peter took Artemis and Apollo to the Magic Realm.
    "Wow, this place is cool," Apollo said, looking round at the mystical surroundings.
    "So why are we here now, if we can't learn magic yet?" Artemis asked.
    "I thought you'd like to see it," was the simple reply. "I'll bring you here for your first magical training session, when you're old enough. I can train you at home, of course, but it'd be fun if we came here for the first session. Caro - your mother will come here too, so we can train both of you at once."
    "How many spells are there?" Apollo asked.
    "Twenty four in total, and fifteen potions," Peter replied. "There are four main types of magic: practical spells, mischief spells, untamed spells and potions. I imagine you'll want to learn mischief and untamed magic, but practical skills are always very useful."
    He could guess that the twins were both mentally vowing to learn all the possible spells and potions, just as he had done at their age. He had learnt almost all the Mischief spells, apart from a so-called "Ultimate" spell that he could only learn once at Virtuoso rank, and that he would have to ask the Mischief sage for. He had also recently learnt the Copypasto spell, which he knew would be very useful.

1idLDzp.jpg

"Being a Spellcaster sounds pretty cool, huh?" Artemis asked her brother.
    "Oh yeah. I can't wait to grow up," Apollo said.
    "Mum told me about the Delicioso spell. Imagine being able to conjure food out of nowhere!"
    The pair talked some more about magic, imagining all the fun things that they'd be able to do.

EZl2wLT.jpg
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited September 2020
    @DoodlyDoofus man, Ariel has been around a while! Yeah, Sith Lord or not, he's still rusty at magic XD Uh, welcome back, Sarai XD Welp, Gil certainly had an Adventure!

@AlwaysAsking ooh, thanks for the Artbreeder tute! Here is an attempt at Jamie! He lost his freckles and a bit of skin tone, randomly got an earring, and needs to have way curlier hair, so I tried a bit of an edit, and I think I have something that works-ish!

Hm2Iy7r.png

And no problem :) I'll just do the actual tours themselves, not the Gallery links, since those are included in the top image: Johnny's trailer at Slipshod Mesquite (second version, I have another, earlier one), Salim's apartment at 910 Medina Studios, a slightly more upmarket Sandtrap Flats, a kind of grungy 19 Culpepper House designed for three roommates (I think it comes in as a starter if you have three adults!), and Sandy Starter, an original build (and, as the name suggests, a starter as well).

@MelsieYT hey, welcome back to the thread! :D

@Koteyka heeee I look forward to seeing J, then! (Are we going to be getting certain other characters from that franchise too?)

Looks like a lovely day on the beach (those birds are called sandpipers, by the way! Aren't they cute?), and go Ianto!! Oh, his look of resignation at the ice cream XD;; Sci fi, dinosaurs, and hot beverages, hee. (Also hee, TARDIS shirt!) Man, the turtle scene is... intriguing. I love the relationship between him and Thor, how they both don't quite fit but they do fit together. Also, that first cap of Thor with the lights is just precious. Honestly, I do wonder if Ianto would ultimately be happier staying with him instead of leaving with his parents and Rhi?

@sunblond oof, poor Samyr. At least he had fun with Than! Teenagers are... yeah, not fun XD;; Congrats to Omar and Josie!

And wow, a magazine spread? Thank you! I nearly went into interior design before I realised I preferred designing stuff for myself instead of for other people, haha.

@Dust_Bunny2010 not quite, I didn't have aliens, alas! And I ended up moving the merfolk out - I was having trouble with the rooms (there's only six), so I decided to set up an established relationship between Caleb and Johnny so they can share, made the last room a TV and skills room, and moved in Mayor Whiskers :D

@revgrv wow, Eli is having a rough time :(
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Meanwhile, Dakota carried on with an amazing performance as usual. Side note: I am starting to get very bothered by the fact that they ALWAYS turn her into a blonde. She has beautiful dark hair, and it's not fair and I don't like that the game is programmed for actors/actresses to be blondes. Seriously, 🌺🌺🌺🌺? There are plenty of beautiful dark-haired actors/actresses IRL. The game seriously needs to fix this issue, and allow actors/actresses to have all hair colors.

nhEjO0M.png

I admit, stereotypes and doing things simply for the popularity is more of a turn off than showing things as they are. Just because a certain style, look, or word is popular doesn't make it better or more accurate.

The set did look pretty awesome.

edited September 2020
    The Broken World Saga

Merfolk Gender Terminology and Why it Matters
    The game uses the term "Mermaid" for all merfolk even though the word literally means "maiden of the sea" and only accurately represents women.

So, for the sake of clarity, I'm going to share a small break down of the words and what they mean.

Mermaid(s) means "Maiden of the Sea" and I use the term to refer to Adult Women of the Female Gender.
    Merman or Mermen means "Man of the Sea" and I use the term to refer to Adult Men of the Male Gender.
    Merboy(s) means "Boy of the Sea" and I use the term to refer to anyone of the Male Gender that is Toddler to Teen.
    Mergirl(s) means "Girl of the Sea" and I use the term to refer to anyone of the Female Gender that is Toddler to Teen.
    Merfolk and Merpeople means "People of the Sea" and I use the term to refer to anyone that is non-binary, to represent both the male and female gender in a group, or when the gender can't be identified.
    Merperson means "Person of the Sea" and it more accurately represents non-binary and individual without an identifiable gender.
    Merling(s) is a common term in the merfolk community that is gender neutral and refers to both merboys and mergirls Toddler to Early Teen.

"Mer" is the prefix that modifies words to mean "of the sea" and it can work as a gender neutral term.

For the sims, a MerSim is a "Sim of the Sea."

The existing terms matter because everything from merfolk mythos to what merfolk can do is split by gender. While MerMaids have stories of them using a Siren Song to lure Sailors to their grave, MerMen have stories of them taking the form of a horse and wildly running into the water to drown whoever tries to drown them. This Horse Version is the a MerMan version of the MerMaid Siren. MerMen might also be able to sing a Siren Song, but other stories depict MerMen playing instruments like a Violin in a way that holds influence over nature. I think in modern times, the abilities and appearance of merfolk doesn't need to be gender exclusive, but in the past, the stories about merfolk were split by gender and the full range of what merfolk can do is also only identified by whether or not you use the correct term in your research. More often than not, searching the term MerMaid will exclude MerMen and represent merfolk more poorly because of it.

Also, I think using the correct term is more important when an individual states their preference. This is very similar to how some people prefer a certain pronoun when people refer to them.

This ends the public service announcement.

The Kailani Legacy

I decided to focus more on sharing the merform of my sims in this thread. For me, the form that actually matters most is their merform, and I think merfolk should have more opportunities to do more in that form. In another thread, I'll share their other outfits if they have them.

The merboys' childhood was coming to an end. I had Kylen and Rylan play a couple games of chess to make some progress on the Whiz Kid aspiration for Kylen.

Kylen thought: "That was a clever move"
    Rylan thought: "He's not too bad at this, if I wasn't so tired."

Rylan Thought: "It looks like I can tie the game, so we can go to bed."

Sara helped Kylen with the Baking Soda Volcano Project. The didn't say much and focused on getting this done as fast as possible. They had plenty of experience with real volcanic eruptions. But, the school wanted them to learn more about them.

So, I made a few parenting choices based on what might've done. I'm against bullies and bullies taking lunch money. More importantly, I wouldn't want to tell my child that they are on their own and need to learn to stand up for themselves. I think, from personal experience being bullied, that kids that are bullied need someone else to stand with them. I don't think I would do all the fighting for them, but I think it's important that someone stands by their side through the struggle.

And another eruption shortly after the last, two in one day is a new record.

Kylen is quite the multi-tasker, he was eating a late night snack while confronting the monster under the bed. Unfortunately, the monster didn't want to be friends.

Another parenting choice I made based on what I would do. I know about the gifts that keep on giving, but I would be fine if I had a kid that wanted to give a gift given to them to someone else. I would rather the gift find its way to someone who wants it instead of making my child keep it. On the other side of things, I don't think I would be okay with this if it happened too often.

Reef aged pretty well, and he never stopped looking like a young adult even as his adulthood reached an end, maybe being a Merman helped with the aging.

He took some samples from the ocean and tested them. He was getting close to becoming an elder.

Sara is the best cook in the house, but she triggered a fire on the stove. It was an inspirational moment.

During Reef's Birthday, Calum and the other remaining Sulani Merfolk came over. The merman spent some time with Rylan to give the merboy a character lesson. Rylan learned the value of emotional control. There aren't very many merfolk left in Sulani, and they need to stick together.

Reef is an Elder now. Every Wednesday, the water gets shut off. Kylen was starting to need a bath. The book Kylen is thinking of has been a very annoying bug. Much like the future cube, my sims are spawning books in their inventory to read. This, of course, interrupts any other actions while I'm not controlling them.

Reef's Hydration was getting low, so he took a moment to back float in the Waterfall Lagoon. He was going to get some rest and retire from the conservationist career. He'll dedicate the remainder of his years helping the merboys grow into respectable mermen.

Kylen aged up first. This is the game's random trait for him. I was not ecstatic about this, but he doesn't need to do a lot of physical activity to become a musical genius.

Rylan aged up next. This is the game's random trait for him. I can only imagine the things a Goofball Genius can do.

(Merboy) Kylen Kailani

(Merboy) Rylan Kailani

(Elder Merman) Reef Kailani

So, Kylen pulls out a book and starts reading because of the bug. A random townie approaches him and starts striking up a conversation. I guess he's just trying to be friendly. And yep, Kylen is looking as out of place as expected. The merboys are looking more like they belong in the sea instead of on land as intended.

Kylen developed a fear of earthquakes after living on a lot with so many. He took some time to soak and relieve the tension.

Afterword, he listened to some music on the stereo. Bartending Guy has been keeping busy. I need to make him a family friend. He has maxed out bartending skills. He lives and breathes bartending. It's nice he found a fish friend.

So, after a couple of birthdays, Kylen decided to Nap Lazily for the rest of the night.

Extras:

The Lazy Trait
    This Trait comes with an interesting interaction. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do do much for energy gain.

Nap Lazily

50388490672_98e6ed3f81_c.jpg502c37d0-ffda-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

50388490397_c4f8eb001f_b.jpg249736d0-ffd8-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

50387616843_9b512467b1_c.jpgd4d9b370-ffd7-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

50388490467_457ca84b62_z.jpgdd12a6a0-ffd7-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

MerStyle Dancing
    More images in another thread in my signature.

50388313481_a3009182d6.jpg03efe160-ffd9-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

50387616998_b651e37532_c.jpg766d83e0-ffdf-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

50388313376_22baac0a1d_b.jpg59cfc540-ffdf-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

50388313286_2e0a47a38c_c.jpgb5f3b8e0-ffdf-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

50388313246_55f49bab3c_z.jpgbc078220-ffdf-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Kylen's Thoughts: "Leap Like a Frog"

50388490527_62f866d944_c.jpgbb343e80-ffdd-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Kylen's Thoughts: "Shake your fins."

50387616688_c3a68660b6_c.jpgc6f3b5d0-ffdc-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Kylen's Thoughts: "Flick out your fluke."

50387616678_2e040e19ca_c.jpgdd3b7ca0-ffdd-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Kylen's Thoughts: "Show those humans you don't need two left feet."

50388313046_42a1f973aa_z.jpge4314170-ffdd-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Kylen's Thoughts: "Be like the Octopus. Imagine the squid legs."

50388313451_2231dfdc32_z.jpg04c6ee30-ffde-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Kyken's Thoughts: "Okay, maybe the Jimmy Leg requires human legs."

50388313181_a3e4acc444_c.jpgf71400c0-ffdd-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    We need a Merfolk Atlantis.
    edited September 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    We need a Merfolk Atlantis.

I think that would be awesome! Maybe a merfolk world like how the vampires have their own world.
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    From my video game and TV-based families...

Dojima (Persona 4): Nanako (the child) went through a phase where she insisted on wearing a bear suit for a few days. It was an orange suit with a sun on the tummy (not unlike the Care Bears). The school made her take it off and she was sad for the rest of the day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top