Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Propose A Truce With A Mummy?

This has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find an answer. Especially after giving them 'Mummy Snacks' I get a wish to "Propose Truce with {mummy name}" and the description " Personal rivalries between Sims often reach a point when a truce is in order. "Your Sim wants to let bygones be bygones and propose a truce with a nemesis." This also shows up after defeating a Mummy. Any idea how to propose a truce with a Mummy?

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Have you try doing friendly interaction with the mummy first? most of the friendly interaction will be rejected by nemesis except maybe Talk about xxx or just Chat and then truce interaction will come up as soon as mummy think you're being okay.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    There are no social interactions at all. If there was, I could work from there.
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I think that's a bugged wish. Premade mummies cannot be communicated with so you can't "propose a truce" with them. If you want to fulfill the wish somehow, you'll have to get all the Egyptian Canopic Jars (not just the regular relic variety, ones you can Read The Inscription on) and summon a mummy, then become enemies with that mummy.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    @carlystur03 - But if the wish specified the original (pre-made) mummy by name, then that particular wish won't be fulfilled. The Canopic Jar summoned mummy will be someone else.

I have to agree though that the mummies who are spawned to guard tombs are robotic and probably not really meant to be messed with, as opposed to a full-fledged sim who has the occult state. And I have to wonder if a certain low percentage of wishes that sims draw are not bugged exactly, but are really just impossible on purpose. You know, we can all wish or dream for things that we can't really have. Although it can be really funny to have the Seasons patch initial attraction animations triggered by a robotic mummy who suddenly seems impressed by one of our sims with the little red hearts flying around the screen before they proceed to attack and try to beat the tar out of them. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @igazor That's true. I guess I should have specified that.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited October 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    @carlystur03 - Although it can be really funny to have the Seasons patch initial attraction animations triggered by a robotic mummy who suddenly seems impressed by one of our sims with the little red hearts flying around the screen before they proceed to attack and try to beat the tar out of them. :)

That almost made me spew mocha frappe all over the keyboard! How true!
    I wish we could talk to those mummies and make a truce. They still scare the heck out of me.

Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @igazor have you ever considered the possibility that the mummy is actually attracted to the sim they have hearts for and by attacking them they are trying to turn them into a mummy so they can be together for ever? I know the result of the attack isn't likely to achieve this result but sims will be sims. :D
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Karritz - The last sim I went through this with was a teen. Granted, an older teen, very attractive by way of traits, skills, LTRs, his nature, etc. I mean, I know it doesn't really matter what sims look like. He was very friendly and highly charismatic for his age. And yeah, that did occur to me. I reported this on MTS at the time as a potential "Earlier than May, Wayyyyy after December romance."

No problem with any of that, except the relationship if there were ever to really be one beyond the inevitable fight and the mummy's return to their sarcophagus couldn't really be anything but abusive to my poor broken-hearted, physically injured teen. (he recovered from all of that pretty quickly though)

Yeah, the robotic mummy had issues. But he also had thousands of years with not much else to do but sort them out by now. My sympathy there could only extend so far. Maybe I should have left some self-help books and a multi-tab behind for the mummy to ponder for the next few thousand years. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net