Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Breaking Bugs - Please Fix Them ASAP!

Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
There are three game breaking bugs making it almost impossible to have fun with The Sims 4 since "The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle":

1- Sims stop doing things and go harvesting vegetables, using the computer, exercising, playing the guitar. So they don't finish things players added to their to do queue. Players cannot manage a sim's household like that.

2- Plants, even the cowplant, sometimes revert back to their stage when they were planted. The fully developed cowplant is still there but invisible, and in its place we can only see a just planted cowplant seed. There is no fun in managing a garden like that.

3- Older sims cannot use blocks to teach whatever to toddlers, what reduces their rhythm of development. Older sims also cannot play dollhouse with kids.

These bugs have been around for quite some time now. I suppose it would be a good idea to fix them.
Post edited by Leo2009SSA on

Comments

• runemagicrunemagic Posts: 1 New Member
    The loss of queued actions is especially annoying, because it happens both with controlled sims and "NPC" sims.
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I’m incredibly disappointed that once again this patch is underwhelming in the bug fixing.

My sims can’t knit without needing a full day of sleep.
    My sims find it difficult to have an enjoyable discussion/date with an npc who is constantly distracted by clay, guitars, violins, designer sketch pads, future cubes, baking white cake, or whatever else takes their fancy today.
    My sims can’t visit their friends without starting a baking frenzy that ends up with cake in various stages of preparation littering the kitchen, dining, lounge, etc.
    My adult sims can no longer potty train or teach blocks.
    All my sims are so thirsty that they spend every uncontrolled minute at the sink or fridge getting a drink. Sometimes even when they are busting for the loo, they’ll decide a drink is the better option.
    My herbs revert to seed every time I harvest.
    The emotion buffs can change so quickly that even going to the toilet can’t be queued.
    My sims can’t put their toddler to bed if one side is against a wall.
    My sims are stuck forever waiting for some random sim on the other side of the neighbourhood who has decided they want to join in the conversation. Particularly annoying on dates when they finally arrive and realise it is “awkward”. My sim should be able to choose who they include in the conversation and not have it thrust upon them.
    I need a colour wheel so that I can personalise my sims and their homes and not be stuck with a furniture/clothing design I don’t like because it’s the only one in the right colour.
    Traits should take precedence over emotions. Even Lily Feng will flirt in front of her husband at the romance festival - an unflirty sim should not do that.
    Cancelling actions should be immediate, not minutes later when they’ve reached their (cancelled) destination and realise they weren’t supposed to do the thing.
    Pausing and saving should mean when I restart my game everything is as I left it.
    “The temple is resetting” should mean I can return the next day, not have to wait for the next trip.

Oh, so many others.

I think I’m going back to sims 3. Give me a shout if and when these are fixed.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    edited September 2020
    I’m downloading the patch now. Please tell me my sim has stopped giving fake bad news autonomously and ruining all her relationships now. This bug is super annoying

Annnnd nope still broken
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    I’m downloading the patch now. Please tell me my sim has stopped giving fake bad news autonomously and ruining all her relationships now. This bug is super annoying

Annnnd nope still broken

Which nap causes them to give fake bad news?
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Annnnd nope still broken

It’s just random I think. I have a sim every 5 mins literally she does it. I have no naps in place in the world she’s in and I turned autonomy off and she still does it regardless
  • 1301353012313013530123 Posts: 1 New Member
    There is a skill bar bug that pops up even more after the latest game update. It apparently gets stuck at full progress even when not learning a skill. Only restarting the game fixes it but it’s way too often. Is anyone else getting it?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    There is a skill bar bug that pops up even more after the latest game update. It apparently gets stuck at full progress even when not learning a skill. Only restarting the game fixes it but it’s way too often. Is anyone else getting it?

This happens to me sometimes. Also the conversation bar gets stuck like the Sim is still talking to that person even if they are not. Traveling seems to get rid of them.
  • jessicavanrijsjessicavanrijs Posts: 1 New Member
    Twins or triplets are now impossible without the having “on ley line” on your lot (which only allows for twins). Even when both parents have the fertility trait, it won’t work. I’ve even tried the twins/triplets cheat without success. It’s very frustrating and I’ve actually stopped playing the game a few times because of it.

Agree with above users that older sims being unable to use objects with their toddler is equally frustrating, especially because that is supposed to make the child learn the skill faster. I wonder if it’s the parenting expansion pack that has this bug!
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    edited September 2020
    If developers are having trouble trying to find where was the issue causing the bug with toddlers' interactions, this is the description I found in a site (h**ps://thefreshsims.tumblr.com/post/621111845953175552/toddler-mentoring-fix) that presented a fix for this problem:

"With the June 3rd patch EA broke mentoring toddlers. Specifically, mentoring them with blocks, dancing, the potty chair, and playing at the dollhouse with them were all broken. This is due to an issue with the test they added to make sure toddlers have met the sims that should mentor them."

Maybe now we could get an official fix for that sooner.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    The ambrosia cake is NOT working at all. It can't change ghosts to normal sims anymore. The "classic ruder konge dør" doesn't work either.
    DZtsiO6.jpg
    Xi3NcpM.jpg
  • CorinnecyCorinnecy Posts: 5 New Member
    There are too many bugs in game play interactions. why does the sim have to walk all the way to the last tile placement the other sim was to have a conversation? why cant the game register that the sim is wanting to talk to someone, who moves, and just goes to the sim? It automatically has to go to the tile that the sim was once you clicked on them for an interaction- even when the sim has left that tile.
  • CorinnecyCorinnecy Posts: 5 New Member
    The interactions of Sims at a gathering is intolerable. I have a family, with grandparents and parents and children and they act like they've never met each other once they've aged up. Why can't I control a Sim that isn't the active household- but is a played Sim? I would love to be able to create better social situations for my sims but they end up creating uncontrollably awkward situations- and they even FIGHT! I made most of my sims to have "Good" or "Cheerful" traits, they should not be able to fight with strangers for no reason. A LOT of the game play interactions are way too buggy and counter-intuitive for me to really enjoy live mode. I am 30yrs old and have been playing Sims since I was 10, and still to this day and play mostly for build mode- but also because I have Hope that one day the game developers will actually put time into bettering and developing more of the game interactions. For example, I LOVE the Eco-Lifestyle pack because it has touched upon this customizable aspect. If you put time and effort into bettering your community, the outside world around your home lot will change. That is really cool!
  • InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    The whole social mechanic. This is the main reason why it's killing the gameplay flow and other autonomous bugs.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974447/social-interactions-mechanic-needs-major-tuning/p1?new=1
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Let's put it this way: I use the "Reset / Debug" option on my Sim approx 5 times per IRL hour when playing to cancel bugged interactions and get the speed up to playable levels.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    My sims keep dropping what they are currently doing to go Practice Programming.
    I assume it's because I had them practice programming often because they need that skill for Journey to Batuu.

It's cool that they learn to prefer to do what they do the most, but dropping current tasks is not cool.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Annnnd nope still broken

It’s just random I think. I have a sim every 5 mins literally she does it. I have no naps in place in the world she’s in and I turned autonomy off and she still does it regardless

its the naps that do it you have start a new save and turn them off
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    There's a master list of every bug players have reported on the official EA Sims 4 bug forum.

If you can find the issue there, make sure to click on the button that says "Me Too". The more people that click it, the more likely it is to get attention for a fix. If you can't find the issue (make sure you do a search first so you don't make duplicate reports), you can create a new bug report.

Some of the bugs mentioned by people here are already reported:
    For issues caused by Eco Lifestyle, I made a mod fix for some of the bugs to help people on PC/Mac until an official patch comes out. You can find it here: Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes.
    @CK213 if your programming issue is caused by Eco Lifestyle's Tech Support NAP (which makes sims program) my mod can reduce it (it doesn't stop them programming, but limits each programming session to one hour instead of being infinite and stops them doing it when they have needs to fill.
    @Corinnecy if your spontaneous fighting is caused by Eco Lifestyle's Roughhousing Encouraged NAP (which makes sims fight) my mod can reduce it (it uses the default fight checks, note that sims with Good traits can still fight, but they usually only do it when in a bad mood or if they have a bad relationship status).
    @telmarina , @SeanBobbyG if your sims giving fake bad news is caused by Eco Lifestyle's Fun Community NAP (which makes sims do comedy and mischief actions) my mod can reduce it (it removes an action that makes them spam a version of fake bad news from Parenthood).
    @Leo2009SSA , @runemagic if your sims interrupting actions is caused by Eco Lifestyle's NAP pushes, then my mod can help clear stuck NAP action pushes incorrectly saved to your sims (which causes them to interrupt actions to perform a NAP thing).
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I assume it's because I had them practice programming often because they need that skill for Journey to Batuu.

It's cool that they learn to prefer to do what they do the most, but dropping current tasks is not cool.

I don't believe they are learning anything. My sims also stop doing what I assigned them to do in order to usually workout, harvest or play basketball. I think whatever they decide to do instead of their current task is related to an active NAP (neighborhood action plan) in some world. I guess you were just lucky the NAP influence on your sims was beneficial for their journey to Batuu.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Leo2009SSA wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

I don't believe they are learning anything. My sims also stop doing what I assigned them to do in order to usually workout, harvest or play basketball. I think whatever they decide to do instead of their current task is related to an active NAP (neighborhood action plan) in some world. I guess you were just lucky the NAP influence on your sims was beneficial for their journey to Batuu.

It must be a stealth NAP then because I there aren't any activated that would cause that.
    I really should uninstall that pack. :p It would probably break my save though.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Let's put it this way: I use the "Reset / Debug" option on my Sim approx 5 times per IRL hour when playing to cancel bugged interactions and get the speed up to playable levels.

I have to use that quite often too, and pause the game when Sims stand still and don't act like they have anything they are supposed to be doing even when its talking in conversation and you have something qued and it drops to where its what they should be saying but instead need a pause, and it helps sometimes bc suddenly things work again, if they aren't home when it happens or even are you look around at other Sims its like they could move and still do the motions like they are waiting to be told what to do but cant do it ( even non-played ones) in not sure what causes that
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »

I have to use that quite often too, and pause the game when Sims stand still and don't act like they have anything they are supposed to be doing even when its talking in conversation and you have something qued and it drops to where its what they should be saying but instead need a pause, and it helps sometimes bc suddenly things work again, if they aren't home when it happens or even are you look around at other Sims its like they could move and still do the motions like they are waiting to be told what to do but cant do it ( even non-played ones) in not sure what causes that

Exactly. My Sim is in Uni right now and the debate stand seems especially prone to this. Either the debaters freeze, or the onwatchers freeze, or they fail to leave the stand when done. I am not sure which one in the chain is broken but it doesn't matter if I click on the actual Podium, one of the debaters or one of the audience, but if I pick ANY of those and pick "Reset" suddenly everyone can suddenly get on with their lives again.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    simvasion wrote: »
    There's a master list of every bug players have reported on the official EA Sims 4 bug forum.

If you can find the issue there, make sure to click on the button that says "Me Too". The more people that click it, the more likely it is to get attention for a fix. If you can't find the issue (make sure you do a search first so you don't make duplicate reports), you can create a new bug report.

Some of the bugs mentioned by people here are already reported:
    For issues caused by Eco Lifestyle, I made a mod fix for some of the bugs to help people on PC/Mac until an official patch comes out. You can find it here: Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes.
    @CK213 if your programming issue is caused by Eco Lifestyle's Tech Support NAP (which makes sims program) my mod can reduce it (it doesn't stop them programming, but limits each programming session to one hour instead of being infinite and stops them doing it when they have needs to fill.
    @Corinnecy if your spontaneous fighting is caused by Eco Lifestyle's Roughhousing Encouraged NAP (which makes sims fight) my mod can reduce it (it uses the default fight checks, note that sims with Good traits can still fight, but they usually only do it when in a bad mood or if they have a bad relationship status).
    @telmarina , @SeanBobbyG if your sims giving fake bad news is caused by Eco Lifestyle's Fun Community NAP (which makes sims do comedy and mischief actions) my mod can reduce it (it removes an action that makes them spam a version of fake bad news from Parenthood).
    @Leo2009SSA , @runemagic if your sims interrupting actions is caused by Eco Lifestyle's NAP pushes, then my mod can help clear stuck NAP action pushes incorrectly saved to your sims (which causes them to interrupt actions to perform a NAP thing).

@simvasion many thanks for the imput. I'm already using your mod. Now i can switch npc nap's voting on and things have been fine :) thank you so much!