Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Obsession with white cake

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Oh my gosh, I can’t wait until the issues with NAPs are fixed!

Every day i come to the forum waiting for a blue notification at the top saying a new patch is available. We've fixed all issues with EL.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yeah I'm having this and it's a pain in the a**. My sim has roommates and they're CONSTANTLY getting white cake out, even worse is half the time they don't make it! They just get the ingredients out and dump it on my nice clean dining table and then go and get another one out! The other day I found about five mixing things sitting on my counter and all of them said they were white cake
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I just came here to say that the mods for avoiding eco footprint decay and npc nap voting from having effect in all neighbourhoods really work. Im having a great time thanks to the modders that did those. I was really sad that i would miss on the voting thing by having to disable it. Now i can play with everything that the pack offers. But i wish that the devs fix the issues officially.
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    > @allisonwonderland said:
    > Mine will bake a cake when they have a "meal prep" moodlet, but I believe that's due to a mod (SOL or Personality Please, maybe?). They never cook anything else for it though, just hamburger cake lol.

Okay I take this back. After I posted this, a neighbor came in and baked 4 white cakes in a row. She made 1, I put it away in the fridge and she just kept going. Ahh!!
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    > @allisonwonderland said:
    > Mine will bake a cake when they have a "meal prep" moodlet, but I believe that's due to a mod (SOL or Personality Please, maybe?). They never cook anything else for it though, just hamburger cake lol.

Okay I take this back. After I posted this, a neighbor came in and baked 4 white cakes in a row. She made 1, I put it away in the fridge and she just kept going. Ahh!!

Do not touch the cake until after they leave, otherwise they will continue making cakes.
  • Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Yeah I'm having this and it's a pain in the a**. My sim has roommates and they're CONSTANTLY getting white cake out, even worse is half the time they don't make it! They just get the ingredients out and dump it on my nice clean dining table and then go and get another one out! The other day I found about five mixing things sitting on my counter and all of them said they were white cake

This is exactly my experience since EL too!

My Sims have also developed an obsession with making a glass of water again too (I'm sure this was fixed a while back bit it seems to have come back). I followed one of my Sims fishing for a while the other day and when I went back to check on the other household member the coffee table had about 5 glasses of water and their bladder was close to failure but instead of dealing with it they were drinking another water!
  • rissarexrissarex Posts: 1 New Member
    My sims are constantly doing this, getting water, and stopping longer tasks (do homework, watch movie, even SLEEP) to do push ups or stretch. Agree its NAP related and so freaking annoying.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Yes! Lilith won't stop baking white cakes! It's insane. Plus longer to do anything. It's must be the NAPS. Didn't have this issue before I bought the new pack.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    My sims keep making white cake and their friends keep bringing some on top of it. Enough with that cake already !!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    Oooooooooo in didnt know this was a bug. I thought other sims just REALLY like leaving cake all over my floors as a gift. My sims have been stuffing themselves full of cake. 🤭🤭🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    Happening to me too. I even turn off autonomy and yet in spite of that sims go and cook cakes left and right. Now I've boxed off my kitchen with a see-through fence and gate and only let one person get through the gate. Might even have to turn that off when she's not hungry.

Programmers need to test out this game more before they release things - there's no way the problems this game has could not have been spotted if you even just play the game.
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    Just an update, in my Legacy family game save, I now have 84 white cakes in my refrigerator!! :D
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    This is still happening? I turned off the N.A.P.s a while back. I was thinking about turning a couple on but I can't so the white cake again. Or the future cubes and clay. I hope they adjust that at some point.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    This is still happening? I turned off the N.A.P.s a while back. I was thinking about turning a couple on but I can't so the white cake again. Or the future cubes and clay. I hope they adjust that at some point.

Yeah mine are as white cake crazy as usual. I turned my kitchens into walled in rooms and lock doors. The clay thing and future cube thing is also happening, but the white cake annoys me most
  • SimsShelleySimsShelley Posts: 1 New Member
    I believe this is due to Eco Lifestyle and the NAP bug is causing sims to do random actions to gain influence even with autonomy off. I was having issues with this, the autonomous lump of clay production in a sim's inventory, and random pulling out a tablet while in the middle of something. Thankfully I found a mod to fix this! https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/eco-lifestyle-interactions-fixes/
  • ReileenaOrionReileenaOrion Posts: 1 New Member
    This is SO annoying. I have white cakes everywhere. I have a haunted house and all the ghosts do is make white cakes. So many cakes. I almost don't want to play because all I do is delete/sell white cakes or stop my sim from making cakes.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited September 2020
    This is soooooooooo annoying!! I was playing one of my sims families yesterday, all they were eating and cooking was white cake !! Yet the mom, Abby, is a doctor, what a healthy habit right, eating cake all day ? And they don't even gain weight, that's not fair :lol:
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I really don't understand why they haven't fixed it. Modders issued a fix within a week of release which sorted all the problems, whilst the actual bugs team still haven't fixed it 3 months down the line.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have one game where it is constant white cake - everywhere or the ingredients for white cake are everywhere. driving me crazy. I have been giving them as gifts to all their sim friends and lovers lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • dneilldneill Posts: 33 Member
    I just noticed this the last week I've played the sims. Even if I don't touch the cake, they keep making more. I had roommates and everyone made cake, only white cake, nothing else. My sim got fat because of all the cake eating. I thought maybe it was a mod that I had. I played several different households, in different neighborhoods and every single one of them are making white cake. After reading others' comments about it having to do with the N.A.Ps Foodie's Unite, I checked out each neighborhood and only one of them had the Foodie's Unite. The other neighborhoods had other N.A.P.s and still made white cake. Here you can see two white cakes in the kitchen.

W53pkDRRYKGuwTkt5
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i think having sims cook is a cool idea but not when all they make it the same thing. i mean its foodies unite not cake unite. i dont get it. they really need to fix this.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    The only way I have been able to manage this bug is too enclose my kitchen and lock the door to everyone but my sim family. It seems like it's only guests or NPC characters that do it. My sim occasionally will try to start a cake, but I'm usually able to catch her.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I realized that this problem (in addition to the pushups and clay modeling) were actually related to one sim. I haven't had this problem in a long time because I disabled the NAPS but I downloaded an old version of my core family from the Gallery and one of my sims still did all these things as soon as I entered her into the current save. So I went into CAS and created a twin of her and deleted her. When I went back in, she was acting normal. So if you notice this happening on a particular sim, you may want to do that. You can use cheats to get the new sim back to the same place the old one was as far as learned skills, relationships etc. I would NOT recommend using any cheats (even MCCC) to get aspirations back or college degrees though. That messed up my save badly. To repeat, my sim was still exhibiting these behaviors even though I had NAPs disabled. Since depending on where you are at in your Sim's development, this can be quite a big change to your gameplay, I would recommend turning the NAPs off first and see if that fixes it.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    I made a mod to fix this and a whole bunch of other issues with Eco Lifestyle back in June. If you're on PC/Mac and are OK with using mods, you can get it here: Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes.

It reduces the priority of white cake from HIGH to LOW - all other food recipes in the game are default LOW, which is why they became obsessed with only cakes and no other recipes.

@SimsLady2000 it should also fix your bugged sims without having to delete them. There's a bug where sims will get stuck with these behaviours saved on them, including when you save them to the Gallery.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have given my Sims' home the "Private Lot" trait, locked doors to non-household members, and set the front door to No Trespassing from Solicitors. I still got a random visit from a repair Sim ostensibly intent on helping fix broken fixtures (which I did not want - I am skilling up a Sim in Handiness, so every broken appliance is an opportunity).

I ignored the pop-up, momentarily forgot about it, and then was startled to find her on the lot, IN MY HOUSE, baking a white cake in the kitchen. If this persists, I'll go for the mod. I'd really, really rather not need one.