Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Winter Fun EP would be so thrilling! Winter Expansion Excitement & thoughts thread

2...Next

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Between the survey last year(?) and the hints at the end of the Nifty Knitting trailer (and yes, they were hints. I can't explain why I'm so certain they were hints, but they were hints) I'm fairly confident we'll get a winter activity/ski resort type pack within the next three to five packs.

I'm hoping, based on what wasn't covered in the "don't expect" part of addressing the next pack, that this will be it, along with maybe some personality/trait overhauls (but that may be asking too much.)
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    that would be so fun. i hope it's something fun for them to do after the game pack they just shoved at us
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I think a whole EP centering around winter would be really lacking. So I hope it's vacation resorts, coming with a tropcial beach vacation world AND a wintery mountain world, a hotel/restort system as its new feature and lots of activities surrounding beach vacations and the snow :)

I think combining a winter vacation theme with resorts would be perfect! They could include a small alpine world and a small tropical world, while allowing us to build and manage resorts in any world. I would really love a cozy ski resort with a giant fireplace where my Sims who don't want to ski or snowboard could just relax by the fire. I'm at a loss for what they could include as new skills in a tropical world, though, since Island Living has most of the interesting tropical gameplay already.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Go for Winter Hotels
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think a whole EP centering around winter would be really lacking. So I hope it's vacation resorts, coming with a tropcial beach vacation world AND a wintery mountain world, a hotel/restort system as its new feature and lots of activities surrounding beach vacations and the snow :)

I doubt we'll get more then one vacation destination in one pack. Maxis hasn't done it yet.

Yes they have, with TS3 World Aventures (hope that was the correct EP title).

And in their survey they mentioned a vacation EP coming with a wintery AND a beach vacation world. :)

Well we already have a beach world but I"d take another if it added stuff Sulani left out. I'm hoping for that Brazillian Beach or Greek Beach Pack.

Dying for another beach world too 🤤🤤🤤
    My dream is a beach city.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

I doubt we'll get more then one vacation destination in one pack. Maxis hasn't done it yet.

Well, you might not have considered them vacation destinations, but they have. With one of those sims 3 EP's we got 3 worlds, an asian one and two others i cant recall right now , in one pack :)

That was TS3 though not TS4. That was World Adventures. I meant TS4. I'd love multiple vacation destinations in one expansion pack in TS4 but I don't think Maxis will do it.

Yeah. Grant basically told us before that they wouldn't do it.

But then, Journey to Batuu is exactly what he is saying no to??
    :/
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    stewby wrote: »

Well, you might not have considered them vacation destinations, but they have. With one of those sims 3 EP's we got 3 worlds, an asian one and two others i cant recall right now , in one pack :)

That was TS3 though not TS4. That was World Adventures. I meant TS4. I'd love multiple vacation destinations in one expansion pack in TS4 but I don't think Maxis will do it.

he's no longer on the sims 4 team. half the time grant doesnt know whats going on in sims 4 these days.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    stewby wrote: »

Journey to Batuu doesn’t have 3 worlds. It only has 1 world (Batuu).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If the next ep is winter resorts im going to celelebrate.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Deep. Snow. (Seasons Patch).

+ More snow activities such as building igloos and skating on ponds/water.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Deep. Snow. (Seasons Patch).

+ More snow activities such as building igloos and skating on ponds/water.

I ll takem.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2020
    It would be an interesting theme, if there's enough there so it doesn't feel like a duplication of Seasons.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sims Vacation had my favorite outdoor winter activities:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW18zfF0p-I
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sims Vacation had my favorite outdoor winter activities:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW18zfF0p-I

That hot tub in the snow looks so cozy, which reminds me I rarely use the one we have in TS4. Might have something to do with the fact that it is a social activity hub and everyone joins in whether you like it or not.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    i agree i enjoyed seasons in sims 3
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I'd love that !! I miss snowboarding and Ice skating on frozen ponds in TS3. Skiing would be nice as well, and sledding.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    If they release Winter EP, I hope they add snow deformation update to those who own Season EP.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited September 2020
    I hope this would include hotels
    (If it happens)
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

Unless it had a yacht and winter destination with updated weddings. The yacht would be easily made with base game and a few differences, plus add on's to make it worth going to. The winter destination would also easily be made with exceptions to decor, a ski lift, skiing, picture taken on lift and booth to buy it, cabin decor, yeti, ski clothes, and various ski equipment. Weddings are already in game. Fix it to where Sims can direct paid help to actually go work like with stores. Loads of cakes, veils, dresses, rings, garters, bouquets, ect. Cake designers and wedding planners as jobs. Cakes and dresses are already there. Having a small one level mall with the wedding planner & flower/props shop, ring shop, dresses/tux/garter, and cake/bakery. More like what we use to get in the Sims3, but somehow I still dream.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

The difference would be that vacations in the past have only been a GP, not an expansion pack.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

I think combining a winter vacation theme with resorts would be perfect! They could include a small alpine world and a small tropical world, while allowing us to build and manage resorts in any world. I would really love a cozy ski resort with a giant fireplace where my Sims who don't want to ski or snowboard could just relax by the fire. I'm at a loss for what they could include as new skills in a tropical world, though, since Island Living has most of the interesting tropical gameplay already.

Maybe water skiing, and surfing or boogie boarding. For a tropical world. Or how about a world with a big lake or river and house boats, maybe even with a slide into the water.

They could even have a water water world with big slides and a wave pool.

They haven’t given us amusement rides, or a zoo, or carnival stuff either.

I just hope they give us a hotel type of lot that we can use in ANY world.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Maybe water skiing, and surfing or boogie boarding. For a tropical world. Or how about a world with a big lake or river and house boats, maybe even with a slide into the water.

They could even have a water water world with big slides and a wave pool.

They haven’t given us amusement rides, or a zoo, or carnival stuff either.

I just hope they give us a hotel type of lot that we can use in ANY world.

Regarding hotels I hope so too. I want to place one in Sulani on that big empty 50x50 lot.