Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020

Comments

• Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @KatAnubis, I can't use Edge because the one time my computer downloaded it in a windows update it slowed down my computer so much that nothing would load at all so I uninstalled the browser and now my computer runs faster than it did with Edge.

I guess I'll just be clicking on allow from now on when I update things. I don't consider anything malicious, etc unless my virus protection says it is. Then again, my virus protection thought one of my older PC non-Sims games was malicious even though it was on a disk and now I can't play it :/
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can still play with Kawaiistacie's Afterschool mod? It seems to be broken somehow and not yet updated, but she isn't really updating it anymore somehow, so I thought if it was working and just throwing LEs or anything?

Still haven't updated because of that.

It's listed as "Broken" on her website. I went to her Discord to search for news about this mod and came across this explanation about when a mod will be available again.

If it is still listed in her Mod Updates, assume that it will be worked on eventually. She will take mods that she doesn't update anymore off of this update page.
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Faster Tutor Class In Discover University by StarTrekManiac2 (https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=636143) was updated the 12th if someone is looking for another faster tutoring mod. I have used this and magneticsouth's with no issues, though I now use MS's instead. But this is a good alternative.
  • Options
    discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    @Dakota88, I think KawaiiStacie has been working slowly on getting her older mods updated because she took a pretty big hit with both Eco Lifestyle and with this patch. I don't know if she's planning on updating this one but if you look at her webstie there is a list of what is fixed and what is being worked on.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2020
    @UnumProvident101 All custom doors are broken, except those updated on p. 1
    @Slyvanas Yes, Custom Pets is long broken. It's not on p. 1 because it was broken earlier than this patch, maybe just not as badly as now.
    @simgirl542 The current version of Edge is way better than old ones were. I use Firefox for CC/mod downloads with no issues.

Updated CC
    Little Monster Guards, Bear and Bot Defenders and More Monster Guards: Dragon, Ducky and Hippo Defenders (K9DB)

Updated Mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Updated CC Doors and Windows
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    @KatAnubis, I can't use Edge because the one time my computer downloaded it in a windows update it slowed down my computer so much that nothing would load at all so I uninstalled the browser and now my computer runs faster than it did with Edge.

I guess I'll just be clicking on allow from now on when I update things. I don't consider anything malicious, etc unless my virus protection says it is. Then again, my virus protection thought one of my older PC non-Sims games was malicious even though it was on a disk and now I can't play it :/

I hate Edge although my computer has no trouble with it. I only go with it as a 3rd alternative. Opera is my usual go-to when something goes wrong on Chrome. You might want to try Opera instead. I've found Chrome won't "allow" it even when I click on on the "allow."
  • Options
    StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    one custom door that I downloaded on 4/13/2015 is broken and I don't think that it has been updated yet and it's made by AdonisPluto
    Is it the Arlette Door? (That's the one and only custom door I have.)

@szanne7777 and @Cidira : Thanks! :smile:
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • Options
    Confirmed Fine by Creator
    • by the Scumbumbo team: all mods not listed as updated, including Teleport Any Sim
  • Options
    UnumProvident101UnumProvident101 Posts: 16 Member
    I> @StarryMight said:
    > (Quote)
    > Is it the Arlette Door? (That's the one and only custom door I have.)
    >
    > @szanne7777 and @Cidira : Thanks! :smile:

the custom door that I'm talking about is a colonial door
  • Options
    szanne7777szanne7777 Posts: 43 Member
    @UnumProvident101 Those items have not been updated; however, AdonisPluto has been active on the site very recently (when I just looked, September 21, 2020). The creator may very well be waiting on a batch fix from sims4studio - however, you could send a pm. Here is the creator page:

https://modthesims.info/m/3749619
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited September 2020
    @luthienrising I don't know if your note above for Mutske's CC pertains to the others, but I just wanted to say that Nynaeve Design windows for medium and tall walls have no transparency on the top ¼ of the window. Otherwise, the short windows work pretty great on all wall sizes.

Edit: I have only tried the Lyne Build Set from ND so far

ALL TALL & MEDIUM fixed Windows and Doors by TSR auto height-side tool are missing transparency on the top ¼ and some(most) have cutouts beyond frame. I have downloaded alot of fixes at TSR from different Creators just to test. So best to only use the ones that look ok and dump the rest and wait for Creator update or Studio batch fix.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Thanks @LuvMySimz ! That makes sense. I'll update p. 1 to note it's short windows/doors only for TSR content.

Updated Doors and Windows
    Updated Mods
  • Options
    StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    the custom door that I'm talking about is a colonial door
    Ah, okay. I actually just looked up the door I have, and it was uploaded in August of last year.

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • Options
    UnumProvident101UnumProvident101 Posts: 16 Member
    I just heard that AdonisPluto will fix the broken colonial door once his game is updated to the current patch and he's hoping this week
  • Options
    LancesalmoLancesalmo Posts: 39 Member
    Any body know if mods by Nexus are still working or fine after the last patch, I looked through the list but don't see anything about them. 🤷🏻‍♂
  • Options
    Lancesalmo wrote: »
    Any body know if mods by Nexus are still working or fine after the last patch, I looked through the list but don't see anything about them. 🤷🏻‍♂

Isn't Nexus a mod storage site? Anything you'd find there would be reported under the individual creator. That said, that site appears to include mods by at least one creator whose work is not supported by the general community, for reasons I won't discuss on this site. I won't be reporting on anything linked to Nexus.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    @luthienrising I don't know if your note above for Mutske's CC pertains to the others, but I just wanted to say that Nynaeve Design windows for medium and tall walls have no transparency on the top ¼ of the window. Otherwise, the short windows work pretty great on all wall sizes.

Edit: I have only tried the Lyne Build Set from ND so far

ALL TALL & MEDIUM fixed Windows and Doors by TSR auto height-side tool are missing transparency on the top ¼ and some(most) have cutouts beyond frame. I have downloaded alot of fixes at TSR from different Creators just to test. So best to only use the ones that look ok and dump the rest and wait for Creator update or Studio batch fix.

I think we will have a long wait for a batch fix. They said on facebook there is one person working on it. Not looking good right now.
  • Options
    LancesalmoLancesalmo Posts: 39 Member
    [quote="luthienrising;c-17676777"][quote="Lancesalmo;c-17676484"]Any body know if mods by Nexus are still working or fine after the last patch, I looked through the list but don't see anything about them. 🤷🏻‍♂[/quote]

Isn't Nexus a mod storage site? Anything you'd find there would be reported under the individual creator. That said, that site appears to include mods by at least one creator whose work is [i]not[/i] supported by the general community, for reasons I won't discuss on this site. I won't be reporting on anything linked to Nexus. [/quote]

Oh okay sorry I didn't know! I thought it was a mod creater I wasnt sure sorry
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    @Dakota88, I think KawaiiStacie has been working slowly on getting her older mods updated because she took a pretty big hit with both Eco Lifestyle and with this patch. I don't know if she's planning on updating this one but if you look at her webstie there is a list of what is fixed and what is being worked on.

I heard something about her laptop breaking some weeks ago. Perhaps this is the reason. I don't know, I guess I'll update now, I will just remove the mod and play without it. :(
  • Options
    Mod Updates
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Greeting Everyone,
    Really need help to know if this custom gallery posepack done by @SakuraLeon circa 2016 still works?
    tumblr_o9va45eXcI1vnr5t4o1_500.jpg

I get the result below as I use the pack:
    gjyaNKd.jpg

I've try whatever I know to make the pack works but... :bawling:
    Any one has same issue as I do? Help Please, and Thank you in advance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    circa 2016
    Chances are not good.

• Options
    H_annahb30H_annahb30 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I am new to discord. So, if I'm not doing this correctly I apologize. I'm playing sims 4 with the deaderpool mccc. everytime I log on it's a notification saying "mc_cmd_center.log" is located in the same folder has mc command center. What should I do about this? Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @H_annahb30,
    I don't use discord much, but I have in the past. When you get that error in game, click on the button and it should take you right to the correct discord page channel whatever it's called.
    Just click on the bottom to make a comment and tell them your issue just like you did in here.

I've had the same error message as you but I forgot what I did to fix it. I think I deleted the mod completely and redownloaded it.

I'm a rookie at this so if anyone else has any other tips or if I misspoke on something, please speak up.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top