Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims game for Builders - Cross Between SimCity & the Sims

2...Next

Comments

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer YASSS
    I've been playing Simcity 2013 and now I finally jumped on the Cities Skylines bandwagon, and I've built a city with lovely parks and a zoo, a tourist bus route, fixing to do a national park and an amusement park and I am ready for my sims to move in.

What I love about SimCity is the sims still speak to you when you zoom in on them. With Cities Skylines you can create your own assets as a modder, but I really want to build my lot like in the Sims and plop it down in the city I created and see the sims interact with it without having to manage the sims. But, if I wanted to I can create sims, plop them down in the city and see them go about their lives too.

Anywho, I am getting my builders itch scratched with both city simulation games
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited September 2020
    However the Sims has always been a family creation game. But what I want to see is to take it further and make the area grow. To still be able to control my sims in the way that I'm doing now in Sims with the main emphasis still being playing with my Sims family and interacting with other Sims...yet be able to grow the area and be able to make the rural area bigger (develop sections) as I play my Sims game which would allow my Sims family to be able to interact (under my control) with the larger assets that have been placed into the growing "world". I want a dynamic growing town; with businesses going out of business...and new ones coming in; all while being able to control my sims in the way that I used to.

It's hard to be able to show how this game would work without being able to program it myself but what I don't like is being stuck with a static town that my Sims wander around in for generation after generation without it growing on its own. I'm dreaming of a Sims 5 where you grow your city but you still control your Sim family...in its everyday tasks in the same way that you would control them in the Sims. But you have the assets of Simcity at your disposal where you place industrial zones...and commercial zones which are fluid dynamically that pop up their own sets of businesses (whether they are restaurants, lawyer's offices, blah blah blah...whatever types of businesses that you find in SimCity but the key point here is that pur Sims as well as NPCs can visit them (with the same interactive menus as in the Sims).

Sims as a game has to push the boundaries...and become something larger than it is currently instead of regressing and cutting out features. But I'm not willing to relinquish control of my sims. We already have city builders. What I want is an interactive dollhouse/life-simulator with Sims controls as in the Sims, but the dynamic city growth of SimCity. Where my family grows and I can play with them individually like I do in the Sims, but see an ever growing community such as in SimCity with added interactions as each new business pops up. Believe me this will be tough to program for EA who just loves to cut corners. But I want to make them work for my $$$ if they're gonna want me to spend money on Sims 5.

I want Simsville, but with the key emphasis on Sims (like in Sims 3) controllable as in the Sims, but playable within a growing town/rural community/or large city that doesn't stay static like it currently does within the Sims 3/4. I want to push the boundaries and truly see the Sims become a "life" simulator. Because Life doesn't stay static.

Eff it, I don't want my Sims to be stuck with 64x64 lots. I want polygonal lots, I want larger than 64x64. I want to have airports, buses, seaports, etc. the whole effing nine yards. But I still want my sims to be controllable. I want my Sims to be able to grow as a family and I'm not willing to give up control of them. I want to be able to have them interact with other sims like in the Sims 3 without having set-dressing like Sims in the Sims 4. Admit it, the sims wandering the backdrop are just that...SET DRESSING - you can't talk to them, you can't interact with them, they're not even complete sims. They look like Sims 3 sims that haven't fully loaded yet. That's not what I want. I want every sim able to be interacted with if and when they are approached by my family sims.

This is going to be a pain in the you-know-what to program, but this is what you've done with Sims 4 and cutting corners. Aggravated me to the point where I'm laying down a challenge. You either give me something that I can work with or I take my money elsewhere. I don't care if some didn't like Story Progression. I did and so did others. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that you get to take it out of the game and cut out gameplay options for others. EA needs to make a toggle or something that cuts out story progression if YOU don't want it but leave it in for those who do.

This is a game that from the start has appealed to both builders as well as family creators and family players. You, as a player, don't get to cut out game play options for others JUST BECAUSE YOU don't use that option and that needs to get through to some people.

Will Wright himself was asked this question by Rod Humble of what would he would cut out of Sims: Wright said, "I'd add more..."
    Rod Humble: I don’t think he’ll mind me telling this story in an interview – when I took over the Sims, I went to visit [Maxis co-founder and Sims creator] Will Wright. I was taking over his baby, so I wanted to go and kiss the ring. And he’s a great guy, but I asked him what I thought was a smart question, which was, “looking back, what’s the one thing you would take away [from the Sims]? What’s something you regret putting in that wasn’t needed, or the game would be more efficient without?” And he looked at me like [bulldogs do], with this sort of pitying look, and he said “I wouldn’t take anything out. I would add more. More is more.” The idea of taking away gameplay didn’t even occur to him. - full interview at https://www.pcgamesn.com/paradox-tectonic-new-game-rod-humble

MORE IS MORE... Think about that for a long while.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~