Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I think this would work with almost no distractions (tv, waterslide, etc.) and a small house. Would be worth a try.

It's been a looooong time since a sim has died in a fire by accident in my game, too. I think it got borked like many other things, too.

Same! I always forget tattoos even exist lol

You should rather be worried if you stopped laughing at the sandsculptures :p

But what kind of vacation world could be added? We have a paradise, camping and jungle. Winter wonderland? But that's only a thing when you have Seasons, so not an option for an extra pack.

Or maybe you didn't rush them as hard as I do sometimes :D

2.1:
    Yes, you get another spouse traits point :)

Lovely wedding! <3 They all look happy!

TBH, I'm a bit proud Atlas turned out so lovely in his mer form :D He looks like a male version of Caly but with my sims that usually means they look weird. But Atlas looks so handsome!

Patchy alone is enough to fuel your nightmares :D

NOOBOOS! And this time, Gal has a baby bump :) It must've been the teen thing last time.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Sorry for being absent, guys! I'm going to post the next chapter soon :)

@Karababy52
    Not sure exactly how long the dragonfruit have been frozen but Galatea was a child when it happened and she's now a YA! I've played ahead and I recently used a cheat to make them fully grown again because I got fed up with waiting for them to fix the gardening bugs.

I haven't seen Turner for ages now and it makes me sad!

I'll need to remember to look and see what all of the guys have got up to :)

That's such a good idea by SoulGal with the locked doors! I will have to remember that one.
    I'm hoping the ex contestants will pop up in the save again too, it always made me excited whenever I spotted one from the gen 1 bachelor challenge.

Yes, freckles are inheritable! I love that. I believe Epimetheus inherited Caly's freckles. A lot of kids in my 100 baby challenge inherited freckles if they had a parent with freckles. Moles are also inheritable and so are wrinkles - at least, wrinkles used to be inheritable since a lot of the kids in my 100 baby challenge inherited Vlad's wrinkles, but none of his kids in my legacy challenge inherited his wrinkles so maybe wrinkles are no longer inheritable.

I really hope to get some spellcasters in my challenge. It would be nice to play with spellcasters long enough to get the strong bloodline trait.
    Yes, he does have purple eyes! I love sims with purple eyes.. And sims with purple skin too (especially the light purple). If anyone ever wants to enter a alien/alien hybrid, you know what colour to make them ;)

Nope, I didn't give Lucas that hairstyle. I haven't made him over at all so the game must have given it to him. I took a minute to recognise him with it haha.

Tuna and salmon are both massive fish, surprised me the first time my sims caught them!

They did get engaged on the beach :) a beach wedding would have been really nice too, maybe I'll do that in future.

Epi's dark form is basically the same as his normal form because he was born a vampire-mermaid hybrid. I wanted him to be a vampire only but when I tried to cure him of being a mermaid it didn't work while he still had the vampire life state. I had to cheat away the vampire lifestate, then cheat away the mermaid lifestate, then cheat back the vampire lifestate. So, he lost his original second form and I had to generate a new dark form for him which started off as a copy of his normal form. I just added some more 'vampirey' details to it. Same thing happened with Scylla.

So far as I know, occult lifestates can't skip a generation although it would be awesome if they could! All of Galatea and Adonis' kids should be mermaids.

@Queenarella
    That is a really good idea... Maybe next gen that's what I'll do: I will lock them all in a small box house with barely any distractions and see what happens >:)

I would love a winter wonderland vacation world, but you're right it would be kind of difficult to add since it would require seasons. Maybe they could make it so that people without seasons could have snow in that world and only in that world?
    Thank you :) yay, I get a point!

It's such a pretty location for weddings, makes such nice screenshots.

Yeah I think Atlas' mer form must be pretty much all Caly. Now you've made me wonder what Caly would look like as a guy lol. If only Atlas' mer form and his normal form could be switched!

You're right, Patchy is super creepy - and barely does any work. Why do I keep him around again?

I agree, the no baby bump thing must have been because she was a teen. When she aged up from teen to YA when she was pregnant her baby bump instantly doubled in size :D
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    A nice chapter with lots to enjoy. I have added further comments on your block :)

I have a tip to get rid of the trash plant....
    You need to prune the plant twice in a row. Then the plant will die and you can throw it away.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    Oh gosh I totally forgot about the cheat to fix plants. Easy to do too, turn on testingcheats, right click on them and choose what you need to happen with them. I would've done that too if I were you, that's way too long for them to just sit frozen. I personally would try to figure out how many days it's been since they froze and given them those funds too. Not cheating at all when it's because of a game glitch/bug.

She has more now with her latest 'Comeback Challenge' chapter for an eliminated contestant to compete and win back a spot in the challenge. Check them out sometime, she said in the chapter anyone was welcome to use them in their challenges. :)

It's always fun seeing Sims other than your own you've put in the game! I love seeing the Gen 5 Brennans and a few other Brennans from Queenie's challenge in my game, plus Terence and Griffin too! :)

I think I need to use some of those facial features more now just to see if any of my Sims offspring get them. :)

Hopefully one day in another Gen you will. :)

So do I! The light purple is one of my favorite alien colors, but I love the dark purple and the bluish green shades too. I'll have to remember you love that shade for the next Gen bachelor(ette) challenge. ;)

Never had a hybrid in my game, it sounds complicated playing with them at first. You're probably a pro at fixing them up by now though, eh? ;)

Yeah, it's a bummer it seems it's not possible, but I agree, it would be cool if it could happen. I've read of other Simmers that have had Sims with genetics from previous generations way, way back though. For instance their great, great, great Grandfather's facial features, hair and eye color, body shape, etc. That's something at least.

Current Chapter:
    LOL! Caly cracks me up how she's always getting naked. Erratic Sims are so much fun eh? :D

Poor Vlad, but poor Patchy and the Flower Bunny too! Sheesh, get that man some plasma packs! Or get a Plasma fruit tree at least. Hmm, maybe Turner will come around again and Vlad can 'accidentally' trap him in the basement. *cough cough* Problem solved! >:)

He sure had a very, very bad day. I'm always surprised vampires don't burn up when hit by lightening. I mean, that's way more intense heat/light than the Sun!

Good Lord! Adonis is WAY more calm with his MIL standing there naked than I would be. Just matter of fact chit chat, nothing special or inappropriate going on here at all, nope. :D

Have you tried going in build mode and drawing a wall through that trash plant? That might get rid of it. Just use the sledgehammer on the wall afterward. :)

Congrats to Caly for completing the Angler's Ace aspiration!

Vlad's looking at that fan like she might be a possible candidate for a snack. :D

Congrats also on completing the Egg and Feather collections! You're on a roll! :)

Clementine is a little cutie pie! I love NK too! Especially for those rocking chairs, Plopsy, onesies, the Yarnies and hanging plants! I adore those so much! The other stuff they make is great too! Bummer gifting to toddlers doesn't count for the aspiration though. I'll have to remember that next time I play it.

Yay! Nooboo in the house! Love her name! Poor Clementine though, she's really not going to like it when she finds out there's yet another baby sister/brother on the way with which she'll have to share Mom and Dad's affections. Of course, with this game, you never know. She might actually like the next baby. 🙄

Great chapter full of lots of progress and fun happenings! <3
  • Options
    I'd honestly try this, too :joy:

Sounds like a great idea but I wouldn't hope too much for it :#

It is! Once I've used teleporter to get two sims on the baloncy of the house (can't walk there) and took some nice screenshots :)

Atlas' normal form isn't that bad. It's just the downturned mouth. I still think he's handsome :)

I've never tried Patchy but I guess I'll never try anyway :joy:

The game isn't coded for teen pregnancies, I guess ^^

New chapter:
    What is it with sims using any bed but their own for woohoo?

Maybe Vlad should avoid the rocket ship :joy:

Uh, bad news. A trash plant means a minus point :/ Also, you can only "sell" it for 0 money in BB.

Congrats on all the collection completing! :)

Clemmie is such a cute toddler! :love:

I see, Clemmie comes after her dad :joy:

I'd cry laughing if the "last" third baby turned out to be triplets :joy:
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @MonaSolstraale thank you :) that's so interesting! I didn't know that pruning a plant twice would make it die (you can tell I don't play with gardening much in my game)

@Karababy52
    Yep, that is the cheat that I used to make my dragonfruit plants fully grown again. I got fed up with waiting for the bug to be fixed! They haven't reverted again yet so I think it should be alright now. Glad you don't think it counted as cheating!

A 'comeback challenge' is a great idea! I think I'm too impatient for these bachelor/ette challenges to end to prolong them in that way though lol. I really should read her bachelor challenge some time. I am heading back to uni this weekend though and I'm not even sure I will have time to continue playing/writing my own challenge after that though :(

To be honest I love all of the alien shades. Used to think I didn't like the green but Amy in QA's legacy had that colour and she was gorgeous so I revised my opinion! Tempy and Roger's light blue shade is probably my second favourite after the light purple. Ohhh does that mean you might enter a purple sim? I would be so happy haha.

Hybrids would be so cool if only they weren't glitchy :( it's such a shame.

I've never had any genetics skip a generation in TS4. Maybe one day! Though I hope Vlad's nose doesn't skip a generation lol.
    Erratic has become one of my favourite traits thanks to Caly!

Vlad actually does have a lot of plasma packs just in case but I figure it's more in character for him to drink from other sims!

I guess there's something about sunlight in particular which makes it especially dangerous to vampires? I'm not an expert on vampire lore though.

I always find it strange how sims don't react at all if another sim is naked. I wish there was a shocked reaction or something like when they walk in on another sim in the bath.

I've actually played ahead (like, way too far ahead lol) and I managed to sell the trash plant in BB so it's all gone now :) but I didn't get rid of it for ages so it may pop up in the background of upcoming chapters for good while!

It did occur to me in retrospect that maybe Clemmie didn't like Vlad's gift and that was why it didn't count for his aspiration, rather than because she is a toddler. I wasn't watching carefully though so I am not sure if she reacted badly to it or not.

You've reminded me that I still have to make Vlad knit a Yarny and one of those ugly sweaters (since I've played ahead, he's done with the knitting aspiration in my game now).

Clementine is so funny. I'm sure she will grow to love her siblings though :) I'm too soft to make my sims have an unhappy family.

@Queenarella
    It's so weird, I actually do not find Epi, Atlas or Circe weird looking anymore. I am way too used to Vlad offspring! But I agree, Atlas would have been fine if it weren't for his mouth.
    And what is it with sims using the furthest possible sink to wash dishes? So many questiions!

Oh no, that's so annoying about the trash plant! Where is that rule? On the scoring section of the legacy challenge site there are only three 'penalties' which result in a minus point listed and none of them mention trash plants:

-1 point every time the power is shut off due to unpaid bills
    -1 point every time the plumbing is shut off due to unpaid bills
    -1 point per child/infant taken away by social services

Is the thing about trash plants said in a different section? I'll have to look at more sections of the site.

On that note, I know you've told me that holidays count as social events for the purpose of counting 'gold medals' for the scoring but I can't find that on the scoring section of the legacy challenge site either.

The only part I can see about holidays says that when your founder dies you can add a new holiday to celebrate them and a second holiday on the day you began the challenge (e.g. the first day of winter). With the death of each heir you add a tradition to either of the holidays. You then get 1 point once one of the two holidays reaches a total of 5 traditions, 1 point if you are able to have an heir reach gold level celebration status for a 5-tradition family holiday,1 point if you are able to have all active members of a legacy household reach gold level celebration status for a family holiday.

You know the rules so much better than I do so I guess there must be a more comprehensive page on the legacy challenge site which goes into the scoring in more detail and does mention these things but I can't find it and it's driving me crazy lol.

I think I won't count the minus point from the trash plant though because it grew while I was playing the bachelorette with Galatea in the bachelor mansion so I wasn't even playing in the legacy house at the time. It definitely wasn't there when I moved Gal out and I noticed it immediately on moving her in again. It wouldn't have grown had I been playing the household.

Also, trashplants are only meant to grow on the bare ground, not on floored surfaces, so it's a glitch that it grew in that spot at all.

Now I think I'm done persuading myself that I'm allowed to discount it :D

Thank you! Now I understand what you meant about getting addicted to collecting!

Haha I pray that I will never have triplets in this challenge! I don't think there was room for triplets in the household with this pregnancy anyway so I was safe from that horror :)
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member

Hi, I took a pretty long break from the sims and played some other games, too. I'm that type of person where I get obsessed about a game until I learn about a new game and completely forget the old one XD. Of course, I come back to the old games and then get completely obsessed with them again XD.
    Anyway, I decided to check your challenge and WOW! A lot has happened! XD! (The last time I checked was legacy chapter 1.3 of the challenge.) Of course, I read through everything and it has really evolved into a engaging and hilarious story, haha! Well, here are some comments about the recent chapters:
    Dunno if someone said this before, but did anyone catch some special things about Caly and Adonis? Caly's a demigoddess and Adonis is a prince which makes the Straud line perfect royalty! Haha! They're also mermaids as well! :)
    Wow, Clemmie has the mind of a demon XD. Wonder where she got that from? :D
    As for the teen pregnancy baby bump, teens are coded to look skinnier than adults, so I guess the bump was also smaller for that reason. The code basically adds fat to the belly when a sim is pregnant, but I think that it is coordinated with the fit & fat of the pregnant sim as well. Just some insight. ;)
    Oh also, just a serious question, is Clemmie qualified to become a heiress in the heir poll once she's a YA since she isn't the heiress's spouse's child? I hope so, XD! (I haven't really read the detailed part of the legacy challenge rules before so...)
    I think you'll only have a single this time, otherwise... meh, not going there, haha! I hope it's a boy though so they have a son! :)
    As for gardening, my 100 baby challenge matriarch easily became rich once she cultivated orchids and dragon fruits, haha! Once they grew to magnificent quality, they were the best price. Of course, she had money trees and won the lottery as well, but excluding those, she wouldn't have to do any freelance work! Once she made the orchids into flower arrangements, it was easy money! :D I definitely promote gardening in every game I play!
    I also like how you're having Vlad learn a lot of skills, haha! Since he's a vampire, he can learn as many as he want unlike my matriarch who's mortal. ): Super-sims definitely make the game interesting! :smiley:
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    I keep forgetting that's an option and usually end up just spouting a few choice 'forbidden' words at the screen and rage quit playing that save for the night. o.O

Soulgal has a very busy offline life as well so a lot of her challenges take a long time to complete. I don't mind though, of course. There's no hurry. This game is meant to be fun and relaxing. No one should feel obligated or guilty about not having time to post or anything. :)

I didn't even know Tempy and Roger's alien shade existed, or had forgotten, until I saw them in Queenie's challenge. I love that color too! Purple will always be my absolute favorite though and yes, I'm thinking I might enter a purple Sim in the next round. Whether they are alien or not remains to be seen. :)

The very reason I haven't tried to get a hybrid in my game. I'd love to have them, but the glitches look like an awful lot of work just to play them somewhat correctly. I play to relax, not get stressed out. :D

Ah, that's good he has a backup plan, but yeah, you're right. It is more in character for him to drink directly from a Sim. I myself gave him that canon in a story of my own once. :)

Exactly! They should react in shock, and perhaps look away, cover their eyes, leave the room, something other than just standing there with a bland look on their face!

Glad you were able to get rid of it so easily. :) I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist or something, stuff like that bugs me more than others. I wouldn't be able to stand having that there for so long. Queenie lets crystals/elements from lightening strikes lay around her Sims' yard for ages too. :D

Hmm, that's a good point. I've noticed when playing the NK aspiration the Sim needs to actually like the gift or it doesn't count for some reason. It should just be the act of giving the gift that counts.

I love those Yarnys! They're so cute. The ones on the tree stump move around the house too, which is spooky. That sweater is so ridiculous, I love it though just because of that. Be careful with it though, don't have him gift it to Caly unless he removes the curse first. o.O

I guess you don't count 100 Baby challenges as a family then eh? ;) I wouldn't call unhappy toddlers locked in a dungeon doomed to eat only popcorn a happy family. :D (you know I'm just teasing you, right?)

Current Chapter:
    I love the title of the book Vlad was reading Clementine! So funny! Interesting that she actually likes the story though. Hmm... 🤔

Aww, somehow you always manage to make me 'like' Vlad, a little anyway, by showing his softer side. He really loves that cat. :)

Wow, Gabriel just can't let go eh? He really, really doesn't want Galatea to forget about him. He's a sweetheart. <3

Holy Simoly! That's a lot of Dragonfruit and Orchids! I love gardening in this game, but I've never had a garden that big before. Glad you have Patchy to help out or your Sims would never get anything done. :D

So cute how Clementine is trying to get Patchy to scare away the stork from bringing another sibling. Sorry little darling, it doesn't work that way.

Love the fact Galatea is writing Adonis into her children's story. Their chat in those screenies makes my romantic heart go pitter pat. <3 Love the fun exchange between Vlad and Caly too. :)

Poor Bryon, it's his own fault though. Should've stayed away Dude. :D

Congrats to Vlad for maxing out the Handiness skill! You do know he didn't need to go to the Forgotten Grotto to get those fish though, right? With the right bait, they're all available at any rare fishing spot, especially the one way back among the rocks in Oasis Springs park. However, it is a bit easier to get them from the Grotto, especially the Batfish. Great idea having Caly and Adonis help out with the Mermaid's lure though.

Aww man...Goodbye Mayor Whiskers, hopefully we'll see you again soon in ghost form. :'( Caly's thoughts about twins, Clemmie chatting with Grim and especially Grim asking for Caly's autograph was hilarious though! :D

Clementine is bound and determined there will be no new baby sister(s) or brother(s) eh? :D

Great chapter, as always! Have a good one! <3
  • Options
    Your gen 2 kids don't look like typical Vlad offspring anyway. Maybe Circe but the others are fine imo :)

And why use the sinks in the bathrooms and not the one in the kitchen? :p

It's not part of the penalties? I thought it's on the list. You're fine then! :) Sorry for the confusion :sweat_smile:

I can't find the part about the holidays either. Maybe I've read about it on the Legacy Mega Thread :sweat_smile: I hope I didn't make a mistake there... :# I could have sworn tho it was mentioned on the site you linked.

The trash plant growing inside looks like a bug to me anyway. As it's not listed as a penalty, don't count it :p Maybe that was a rule in ts3 legacy challenge and it kinda got stuck in my head...

The proud feeling you get when you finish a collection you've never tried before is just amazing. And addicting >:)

I'm in generation 7 and I've only had 2 pairs of twins, no triplets. I guess the chances for triplets are super low. Tempy had the fertility trait and even then she "only" had twins. And just look at your 100 Baby Challenge with Vlad. How many triplets did you have there? And you used several traits for it.

New chapter:
    If you think about it, the original fairy tales by the Grimm brothers were brutal, too. Like there was no happy ending for Red Riding Hood :D

The gardening bug is soooo annoying! And it should be fixed by now -.-

Vlad's racing comment could be read completely different, too :joy:

Caly's outer wear is usually grey, I think :D

Noooo! Not Major Whiskers :'( It's so hard to see your pet die in game... It's even harder than a sim dying...

Gosh, Grimmy! Don't ask for an autograph after you took Major away!

Clemmie is the perfect granddaughter for Vlad, isn't she? :p
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Zora001 hello, it's great to 'see' you again :) wowzas you've read a lot of chapters - I'm glad to hear that you found them enjoyable! I'd probably do the same thing as you if there were games that I enjoyed as much as sims but I haven't found one that I like as much yet.
    I did not consider that at all but you're right, that does make them perfect royalty! I suppose my legacy family has kind of become a royal family now :D and also I didn't think about the fact that both Caly and Adonis are mermaids but again you're right and that's such a funny coincidence!

Clemmie's demon mind must've come from Vlad... Or maybe Caly. Or both!

That makes sense about the teenage pregnancy, thanks for the insight :) I thought it must be something like that.

Yup Clemmie is definitey going to be on the heir poll. The only heir requirement I have is that they are the child of the previous heir. It doesn't matter that Adonis is not Clemmie's father (biologically speaking), she's Galatea's daughter and that's what matters :)

All will be revealed when the baby is born soon ;)

The dragonfruit plants and orchids are making so much money! Thanks to the green eco footprint they're all perfect quality now too, but the eco footprint does fluctuate so they do go up and down in quality.

I'm kind of cheating a little with Vlad since he is both overpowered and immortal but having a vampire founder technically isn't against the rules so I'm exploiting this. I'll use him to complete lots of aspirations and max lots of skills as the challenge progresses. I did once consider killing him off after Caly dies, but I've decided that I cannot do that!

@Karababy52
    I understand the rage quitting, I was so mad when all of my dragonfruit plants reverted :( I still hope they will fix this bug.

Thank you, I'm glad you don't mind if I have to take time off this challenge :) I've written up to about chapter 2.9 (played up until 2.11), so I will hope to at least be able to release those chapters while I am at uni. After that though, I don't know :(

Ahhhhh a purple sim would be a dream come true! I'd love to get those purple genes in my legacy :)

You're right, hybrids are stressful. I've had fun playing with vampire-aliens in the past but now I think I'll just cure any hybrids because they're too glitchy.

I once had a sim go out in public naked. No reaction. Nothing.

I guess the aspiration does say that they have to 'successfully' gift three knittables, so maybe that implies the reciever has to like it?

I don't think I will ever let Vlad gift Caly a sweater, even with the curse removed. I don't want to risk it! I do need to see what Vlad looks like in that fobidden sweater though...

Oops forgot about my 100 baby. Well um I guess I don't count that as a family! I'm usually nice to my sims though, I promise. The toddlers still do get a bit neglected though ngl :D
    I'm glad you thought the story that Vlad read Clementine was funny! It's totally the sort of thing that I can picture him thinking was an appropriate children's story.

Vlad did love Mayor W... Makes what happened to Mayor later in the chapter even more sad :(

Gabriel is a sweetheart! He was the only one of the contestants to congratulate Galatea on her marriage and then again on the birth of Acacia!

I actually planted more dragonfruit and orchids so the garden gets even bigger :D Patchy barely ever does any gardening because Vlad does it all! Surprisingly, so far it hasn't taken up too much of Vlad's time. I guess having vampiric run etc makes it easier. Also the plants don't seem to need watering very often and they haven't needed to be weeded/sprayed for bugs yet. The ability to 'supersell' speeds up harvesting so much too!

I'm happy that you think I'm getting the 'romantic' scenes right with Gal & Adonis and Vlad & Caly - as you know, I'm not a natural romantic myself but I do like my sims to have loving marriages :) I get way too invested in their relationships!

I actually didn't know that I didn't need to go into FG for those fish! It seemed to suggest that some of those fish were only/primarily found in FG on Carl's guide and I don't have much fishing experience so that's why I went there. Ah well, I needed to have someone max the handiness skill for the challenge anyway.

It's sad to see Mayor go... But he will be back as a ghost!

Clementine is not going to get what she wants :D

@Queenarella
    I know who to thank for the fact that my gen 2 kids look so good despite their father - it's Caly! And that means it's you I have to thank :)

Sims are so dumb. I hope the AI is improved in TS5!

Hmm it might be one of the penalties even if it's not on that site. Maybe that site isn't up to date with all of the penalties and the rules regarding holidays? Or it could be on another page on the site, or something said on the mega thread. Maybe I will ask about it on the mega thread :)

But yeah I think I'm going to ignore the trash plant thing since it happened when I wasn't playing the household and it's inside so clearly a glitch. But I'll be careful not to let another one grow!

I had basically never finished any collections before this challenge except the JA ones and the space rock ones and the feathers. So I get that feeling with almost all of the collections I complete! Can't believe I didn't bother with collections before. I showed my Mum the family's collection room and she didn't understand what the fuss was all about lol.

In my 100 baby Vlad only had two sets of triplets. He had the fertility reward trait and the on a ley line lot trait. But usually there wasn't room for triplets in the house anyway I think. I've only had triplets once in a played house (outside of my 100 baby) I think so they are definitely a rarity!
    Wait, does littler red riding hood die in the original story? In the story I had as a kid, a woodcutter chopped open the wolf and little red riding hood came out alive. But um... Now I come to think of it, that was probably an 'edited' version of the story!

I always found it so sad that the little mermaid didn't get her happy ending in the original story. She dies at the end :( that always made me cry as a kid.

Beginning to wonder if they will ever fix the gardening bug!

I'm so dumb, how are you reading Vlad's racing comment? I can't figure it out :D

I know, he's gone at last! He had a good long life though. He was almost an elder when the family got Mayor and Caly gave him an age down treat which sent him to the start of kittenhood. So, he's not had a bad life!

I love that Grim did that and Caly rejected it. Burn!

Clemmie is hilarious and I love her!
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    Clemmie did not like her new brother either ... but it's good to see she likes Acacia now <3
    Acacia is so beautiful. She looks like her father :love:

Risky Woohoo!?.... We must hope that the shower is not enchanted, otherwise there is probably still room for a couple of twins on the plot :joy:
    NB: So sad that Captain Whiskers died in the last chapter. I loved his arrogant personality :cry:

Shock! Vlad burned to death! :scream:
    Caly was energetic as always. Nothing can overthrow that woman (nymph). I can not imagine this family without Vlad :cold_sweat:

Club meeting, Vlad's clothing cracked me up :lol:
    Congratulations on another fish for the collection :+1:
    There is a fishing spot on the pier in the Magnolia Promenade where I have been successful in catching Angelfish in addition to Cowberries and Dragonfruit. Maybe you could try starting a club meeting at that place :)
  • Options
    @MonaSolstraale
    I couldn't leave Clemmie disliking Acacia. Like I said (I think to Karababy) I like my sims to have happy families!

You're right, Acacia takes after Adonis a lot. I'm so glad that she got the purple eyes!

I don't know why I torment myself by playing with the risk of risky woohoo :D although the time it caught me out with Clemmie was actually kind of a fun plot twist.

Don't worry, I'm going to keep Mayor around as a ghost (though he won't be a member of the household anymore obviously) :)

I can't imagine it without Vlad either! I refuse to let that happen! My heart stopped when the camera turned to Vlad and I saw he was burning up - but then I remembered the death flowers. I knew they'd come in handy some day.

I cannot comprehend why the game put that stupid helmet on Vlad for his club outfit, but I'm not complaining. It's hilarious!

I've played ahead so I've actually already finished the fishing collection (big yay!) but thank you for the tip! I'll bear it in mind for future reference :)
  • Options
    Haha you're welcome :sweat_smile:

It is up to date. There's the date of the last update on top. Maybe it was taken out? Maybe I've read it in another challenge? I'm worried I misread the holiday one :# Then my score would be cheated...

Same for me :D There were a few collections I've done for the collecting aspiration but that's it. The other collections always seemed so much work lol But it feels so great to comeplete them :)

There used to be a time (like 3 years ago maybe) where triplets occured a bit more often. Also twins. But that was "fixed". Luckily :D

In the version I know, there's a man who saves red riding hood and her grandma by cutting the wolf open :sweat_smile: But the original version from like the 17th century ends with both being eaten by the wolf :sweat_smile: There are more fairy tales that are way more brutal in their original versions.

She dies in the original story? :o To be honest, I only know the Disney version. And Disney wouldn't let a Disney princess die ^^

There used to be a gardening fix some years ago and it took way too long to fix it... So fingers crossed we get the bug fix faster this time.

I try my best to not get this censored: ( :D ) Vlad races Caley as he always is first in woohoo :joy:

How could I forget Major was set back to a kitten? He was adorable :love: I will miss him. It's so hard saying good bye to a sims pet...

It would have been a scandal if Caly hadn't rejected Grimmy!

New chapter:
    The independent toddler trait is the best! Acacia is soooo cute! :love:

Aw, finally Clemmie accepts her little sister!

Isn't the wand guy in Harry Potter called Oleander? The name sounds super familiar to me.

Can you sell orchids for more cash than dragon fruits?

I'm sure Gal won't get pregnant. Risky woohoo is silent, creeps up behind you and attacks when you least expect it :D So by saying "Oh no, I hope nothing happened" you're fine ^^

Oh my gosh :o Vlad almost died o.O I'm not ready yet to see your legacy without him :p

The helmet :joy: The SHOES :joy:

The puffer fish death is interesting (and funny). I've only tried it once tho as it takes some time.

I have no idea how to make Lucas to step down either :# That's why I always found a new club.

Oh the tree fish is in the glades, isn't it? Lovely place.
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    You're welcome, and again, no worries! :)

We'll see how it goes. No guarantee the heir will fall in love with my as yet unmade purple contestant though. Perhaps someone else will make one too and that Sim will win though. Either way, I hope you get a purple Sim in your Legacy somehow.

I wouldn't blame you, that's probably exactly what I'll do if I ever get any hybrids in my game. The only problem I see with that is, how do you decide which occult to let them keep? Guess it depends on the story/circumstances eh? :)

What's really weird is how erratic Sims react to nakedness. My Asylum Sims like to shower in the rain, even during a thunderstorm, and they'll act all shocked when they see another resident get naked to go shower. But then, they will go ahead and do it too. :D

That's exactly right, they do have to like the gift. If they don't, it doesn't count. I don't understand the reasoning for that restriction at all. :|

I don't blame you, I wouldn't risk it either and YES! We do need to see Vlad in that sweater! :D

No worries, you're right, the Sims in that challenge aren't 'really' a family even though in the strictest sense they are. I believe you! :)

Good point, being a vampire would certainly help in taking care of a large garden. Your Sims are going to be loaded! :D

From someone who is a natural hopeless romantic to one who isn't, I think you're doing a good job! I don't think you're way too invested either, most Simmers care about their special Sims and want them to be happy, that's a good thing! :)

Carl's guide was written before changes were made to fishing in a patch, but I think you could always get a Batfish, Wolf Eel and Angler fish at the OS park spot. Lots of fishing spots that were previously only good for common fish, have all types of fish now too. They even added some fishing spots.

Current Chapter:
    Acacia is a little cutie pie! I'm so glad Clemmie decided she likes her too! Bummer she doesn't like Oleander though. At least right now. Maybe she'll warm up to him too? We'll see. :)

Holy Simoly! You weren't kidding about the large garden! o.O I'd be interested to know how much they get from just one harvest. I bet it's a lot!

Man I love the shower woo hoo in this game, especially now that they actually wear towels instead of clothes. Hope their impromptu 'fun' while the folks were gone doesn't end up having a squalling aftereffect though. o.O

GAH! Wow, that was a close one! Thank Goodness Caly had that death flower in her pocket to save Vlad!

HAHAHA Vlad's club outfit is priceless! Love it! :D

Hi there Ramona, good to see you! Gawd, I'll never get over that nose. No offense to her, but I actually think Vlad's better looking! o.O

Wish I could help with getting Lucas to step down, but I very rarely play with clubs so I've never tried that aspiration.

All three of the remaining fish you need can be caught at the pond and Waterfalls in Sylvan Glades. Treefish quite easily with salmon, Angler you need medium sized fish, like Koi, Bass, Catfish, etc. As for the Piranha? Guess what they like the best? Red-tailed sharks! :D Not sure what else, I don't remember. I know one of them like Angel fish, maybe the Treefish? I've caught all three of those though with no bait at all sometimes. Sage is great bait in SG though, always have good luck with that for some reason. Your results may vary. :)

Great chapter, looking forward to the next one. Have a great week ahead! <3
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Grim: That sounds unlikely but your acting skills there were phenomenal – it almost seemed as though you believed what you were saying – so, I guess I’ll bring him back.

I snorted out loud. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Hi everyone. I'm back at uni now so apologies if I become a bit slow at posting and if I don't always have time to respond to comments or to comment on other people's stories. Before coming back to uni, I did finish writing up to the end of chapter 2.10 and I have screenshots for chapter 2.11, so I hope to post up to at least the end of chapter 2.11 but after that I really don't know... Depends on my workload and how organised I am. Again, if I am slow at responding to any PMs, you know why.

@Queenarella
    I posted on the legacy mega thread about the trash plant and the holidays but have got no response. Even if the holidays thing isn't an official rule, I don't think it would be unfair of you to count the holidays as social events. I mean, it takes effort to make everyone complete all of the holiday tasks (hence why I normally ignore the holidays!)

Also, you've completed the party animal aspiration, haven't you? I think Tempy did it, didn't she? I was reading through the tasks for that aspiration and if you got gold on all of the parties from that aspiration you'd have all the medal points that you needed and then some (assuming that for the 'attend party' tasks you had another member of the household throw the party).

The fishing collection in particular was one that always seemed like way too much effort, so I'm proud to have completed it now! And doing it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be either.

In a way I kind of prefer the fairy tales in their original gruesome versions (I know, that's weird!), they're kind of more interesting that way. OMG next naming theme idea: names from/inspired by fairy tales. Totally using that.

Yeah the little mermaid dies because she can't get the prince to fall in love with her - he marries another woman. So sad.

Lol I get it now! That is too funny :D poor Caly...

It's even harder to let Mayor die because he's my favourite sim cat to have in a household :(
    When I'm allowed to pick toddler trails I ALWAYS choose independent. I don't think any of the first gen toddlers were independent so Acacia is the first.

The wand seller from Harry Potter is Ollivander but yeah it does sound really similar!

No, orchids sell for less than dragon fruit but still a lot. According to Carls sims 4 guide, a normal quality dragonfruit sells for 250 simoleons and a normal quality orchid sells for 225 simoleons. Mine are all perfect quality right now due to the green eco footprint but I don't remember how much they sell for each when perfect.

That is exactly what happened when Galatea got pregnant as a teen with Dana! That was the definition of unexpected!

Neither am I. If Vlad dies for real I am 100% cheating and exiting without saving :tongue:

I've actually never experienced the puffer fish death in my game... Makes me want to experiment now lol.

It's ok, I have played ahead and got Lucas to step down. I think the key is having a high enough relationship with him :)

Yep, the tree fish is in the glades. Not much to do there, but it's so pretty. Makes me wish for fairies (maybe some day - crosses fingers).

@Karababy52
    If people keep entering purple sims one is bound to win eventually though ;) or maybe I could have an alien abduction baby some time and the mamma alien will be purple... I can only dream!

With Vlad and Caly's kids, Scylla and Epi were both born hybrids and I let them keep the vampire lifestate since all of the other kids were mermaids so it seemed fairest that way. I guess if I get hybrids in future generations I will employ a similar tactic.

I guess the recipient having to like the gift is meant to make it a harder task to achieve? Overall, I'm impressed with the NK aspiration since it's not so much of a 'tutorial' aspiration (unlike e.g. the JTB aspirations).

Might be a while until you see Vlad in that sweater since I've written up until the end of chapter 2.10 (played until the end of 2.11) and he still hasn't made the sweater yet lol.

My goal is to max out the household funds and then to downsize the garden after that :)

Aww thank you <3

Thank you for the info on fishing! You can probably tell that I barely ever fish in game haha.
    Clemmie does eventually warm up to Oleander too although if I recall correctly you may have to wait until they are kids for that :)

In an upcoming chapter I do say how much the garden makes in one harvest. It was about 249,000 simoleons I believe. So yeah, a lot! Better than several money trees, although more work obviously.

I forgot how when shower woohoo was first added they wore clothes. I remember thinking that was weird now! I am also glad that they added shower woohoo back in. I only have one gripe with it: I don't think it increases the hygiene need like it did in TS3, does it?

I make sure everyone has a death flower just in case. They have a death flower bush so there's an endless supply of them.

The helmet really makes the outfit :D

You're right, Ramona makes Vlad look like a supermodel! And his nose is tiny compared to hers.

It's ok, I've played ahead and I figured out how to get Lucas to step down. Just needed a high enough relationship :)

Wish I had known that about the fish when I played this! Since I played ahead I didn't know you could find the piranha in Sylvian Glade and I made Vlad and Caly go to OS to look for it. I will remember that for future reference. I can't remember now about what bait I used but I used what was suggested on the Carl guide and it seemed to work (eventually!). Glad I didn't have to use my precious red-tailed shark to catch the piranha :D
    Thank you, hope you have a great week too!

@LegacySims2017
    Glad you appreciated that bit! Caly is a nutter but her craziness saved Vlad's life :D
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    I hope your dream comes true! :)

Sounds like a very fair way to handle it.

I love NK! I've played three different Sims with that aspiration so far, but I use Plopsy all the time for all my other Sims since the pack came out. I'm amazed at how much 'stuff' is in the pack. I'd hazard a guess that it's the biggest stuff pack in TS4. In my opinion, it's worth the full price, definitely.

Oh well, no worries. I'm sure he'll knit it someday soon. :)

Great idea! So glad there's a Super Sell option at higher gardening levels. Makes it a 'bit' easier with larger gardens.

You're welcome, most of my Sims do a little fishing at least at the beginning of their R2R stories. But I've also had many, many of them do the Angling Ace aspiration. It's one of my favorites. :)

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to see what the kids look like once they've grown up. I bet they're all gorgeous! :)

Whoa! Only a very select few of my Sims have ever had that amount or more of Simoleans. Most of them had to win the Lottery to reach that level, with the exception of my Rosebud, Collector and SuperSims.

When it was first introduced it didn't raise hygiene. In fact, I think it may have even lowered it. But when they updated it for the change to towels, they must've added hygiene as well. It goes up now in my game at least. Not a lot, but it does go up.

Very good idea! I always forget that's an option because I normally like to play with aging off. But some of my gardener Sims have grown a Death flower bush just for that reason since they weren't worth much in the past. I think they're worth more now though since ROM. I know you can buy them in the Realm at a shop, but they're expensive, 2500 simoleans for one. o.O

Yep, the helmet is the pièce de résistance! :D

Big nose or not, I love Ramona and your BOTU with her! <3

Excellent! I guess that makes sense.

Piranha and the Red tailed shark are the two hardest fish for my Sims to catch, especially shark. It used to be the Wolf Eel, and it sometimes is still tough, but not as much as in the past.

Current Chapter:
    Great idea having the club help plant Dragonfruit! I bet it still took them forever to do it though. And yes, Adonis does look hot in his swim trunks. :D

Aw, poor Ramona, she was just trying to be a good neighbor. I don't think Caly's responses to Clemmie helped her understand how rude it is to call someone ugly either. Oh well, Caly's mostly a great parent/Grandma overall though I'd say. Even when she's stalking, it's out of love! ;)

Congrats on finishing the Fish collection and to Vlad for maxing out the Fishing skill! Gawd! I hate, hate, hate how townies butt in on EVERYTHING my Sims do out in public. I normally don't use the word hate for very many things, ever. But this is one big exception! Grrrrr! 😡

Oleander is such a handsome little guy! It's weird but I've never seen that happen when a baby ages up in my game. Maybe I've just never paused quick enough? *shrugs*

Dang it! Clemmie! Give your 'ol Grandad a break. Poor Vlad! :( Love the makeover you gave Clemmie for her birthday though! I love the hairstyles that come with JTB. Hope I get to use them one day in the future. *sigh* Clemmie's entire look is very cool! Great she got the Erratic trait too! I adore that trait! <3 So she thinks she can talk to Atlas too, perfect! :D

Sorry to break it to you, probably already know though, but they fixed the toddler potty training bug in the last patch. :|

Yay! Another collection completed, Congrats! You're on a roll eh? :)

Great chapter filled with lots of goodies! Have a great rest of your week! <3
  • Options
    Good luck back at uni! Don't worry, we all get that real life is more important than a challenge. Same for me :sweat_smile:
    I even completed the holidays doing the 10 babies a generation point :D And they are sometimes hard to get... Hm, not even EuphorialQueen has answered? I guess she's busy and will answer as soon as she's back on the forum :) Or she needs to check it out herself first.

Yes, Tempy completed the Party Animal aspiration. Was rather easy to be honest. It's been a few weeks since I've done it so I have no idea how I made Tempy complete it :joy: There were a lot of parties tho :joy: And a lot of annoyed household memebers.

Agree! Fish is one of the hardest collections. You should feel proud about it! B)

Not a fan of happy endings? :p Yes, awesome naming theme! :love:

She said she didn't mind that :joy: I guess she lied :p

Same for me with Loki... It's so hard :'(

Same :joy: Independent is so nice. They even can use the potty on their own from the start!

Oh right :sweat_smile: I know Leander is a German boys name. Not common but I know a guy from my home town with this name.

A garden can be a great thing for a legacy. Even if orchids bring less than dragon fruits, 250 is still a lot!

But Vlad has to die one day. Or you keep him until the end of the legacy :D It's not against the rules. But he needs his slot in the household.

It's so rare tho. I wanted to see what the fugu death looks like (super funny actually :D ) so I forced a sim to buy puffer fish and let him cook it like 10 times. He leveled up in cooking but in the end, it was bad quality >:)

Fairies would be a real plus for the game!

New chapter:
    Good idea to cheat the plants back to where they should be!

What's not sexy about Vlad and his helmet? :D

I'm on Gal's side. Squeamish all the way :joy:

I did NOT know the angler fish has a plumbob on its antenna :o Cool detail. Once again ^^

Congrats! The fish collection is so hard but you rocked it!

Just imagine strangers would stare at people kissing in real life just like townies did in the game... AWFUL :D

Oleander is sooooo cute :love: red eyes!

ERRATIC :love: Also, it looks as if you've already completed the BOTU part of the challenge :p

I have the same toddler potty training bug! SO handy! I hope it won't get fixed :D

Another collection! YAY B)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    You've taken fishing to a whole new level!

And I'm glad you did because I'd never have the patience to do it in game so it's fun to see all the varieties you catch!!!

So impressed with your together fam. No one has died! YAY!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    Me too :D

Glad you approve :)

I wanted HH but NK is probably my favourite SP, really impressed with it. Still hoping for HH as a GP though.

Oh yeah without super sell harvesting all of those plants would be impossible!

I should do the Angling Ace aspiration more often. I have only completed it once before and never completed the fishing collection before this. I never noticed how pretty all the fish are until now.

You may have to wait quite a while for the kids to grow up as I don't see myself playing any time soon :( however I do know what they will look like as YAs (yes I peeked at what they will look like as YAs in cas.fulleditmode) and honestly I love all of them, I think they are all good looking! That's funny seeing as Vlad is their grandpa.

The family is definitely going to be very rich lol.

I guess shower woohoo must only increase hygiene a bit since I never noticed! In TS3 I am pretty sure it maxed hygiene.

Yeah death flowers do sell for a lot (not as much as dragon fruit though). I think that dragon fruit, orchid and death flowers are the produce which sell for the most. A normal quality dragon fruit sells for 250 simoleons, a normal quality death flower sells for 240 simoleons and a normal quality orchid sells for 225 simoleons. So death flowers actually sell for more than orchids. But you only get one death flower per harvest whereas you get two dragon fruits per harvest and two orchids per harvest.

Aww thank you, I'm glad you liked my BOTU! I still have such an emotional attachment to Ramona because of it lol.

For me, the piranha and the angler fish were the hardest to catch. The wolf eel took a bit of time too though and the red tailed black shark.
    From what I remember it actually didn't take too long to get all the dragonfruit planted. The club helped a lot.

It's Caly's expression when she is talking to Ramona in that screenshot which really gets me :D and yes she isn't the best role model lol.

Thank you! I don't mind townies turning up where my sims are so long as they don't try and talk to my sims. It is particularly annoying if a townie decides to join the conversation in the bachelor/ette part of the challenge during a date!

Really? It happens all the time in my game! It only happens if the baby ages up on its own though and that only happens if I forget that it's the baby's birthday.

Yep that JTB hair might be my favourite part of the entire pack. I genuinely mean that too lol. I was so excited to see that she got the erratic trait! It fits how I wrote her character from toddlerhood so well.

I just saw that in the patch notes :( haven't updated my game yet though as I haven't played since before getting back to uni.

@Queenarella thank you <3 I hate real life, make it go away so that I can play sims :D
    EuphorialQueen passed away :( so sad, she was always so lovely. Didn't have much interaction with her on the forums but she has helped me out before and was so nice every time.

I made a thread asking about the trash plant and holidays issue. Only two people replied. By the sounds of it, the official rules don't count holidays as social events for the purpose of the scoring but I guess if you wanted to be really sure you'd have to ask Pinstar. It's really annoying if those holidays didn't officially count for you, but you've still got generations left if you do want to throw some more parties/do some more dates. And if not, I don't think it would be unreasonable of you to count those holidays that you did complete all the traditions for as social events. I mean, that's hard to do (especially when you have a full house)!

If I recall correctly Scylla got the party animal aspiration but I didn't let her complete it as it sounded like too much fuss. I will have to do it some time though for the challenge.

Haha I do like happy endings mostly but sometimes an unhappy ending can feel right for the story, kind of poetic.

That is the best thing about the independent trait!

How much money does your family have now? They must be loaded since they've been growing dragonfruit for much longer than my family have!

Nooo Vlad will never die! At least, I will keep him until the end of the legacy (unless something unfortunate happens to him of course). I can spare him a household slot. But any future vampires in the main family will have to be executed when their time comes >:)
    What's not sexy about Vlad and his helmet? I think you meant what IS sexy about Vlad and his helmet? LOL.

The angler fish is the prettiest fish imo. And the plumbob is such a cute detail!

Thank you! I'm so proud to have completed the fishing collection, it felt like a very daunting challenge but didn't turn out to be so hard in the end :)

Honestly, if people irl were like townies at all it would be awful. They would keep coming up and talking to you and I would hate that so much! And that's not to mention all the weird outfits lol.

Yes! I love love love the red eyes! Can't decide if I prefer purple or red eyes now.

So happy about Clemmie getting the erratic trait, it fits her and will make for some funny moments with Caly.

Honestly I think the BOTU part ended with Galatea. And I owe it all to Caly's genes!

I hear they fixed the toddler bug :( now maybe they could get round to fixing some of the bugs I actually want fixed...

@pammiechick
    Haha I did go pretty full on with the fishing. But now the fishing collection is completed you won't have to see any more screenshots of fishing (you're probably bored of them by now) - woop woop!

I liked seeing all of the varieties of fish too. I never paid attention to them before or properly looked at what they look like.

Well Mayor did die but yes other than that everyone is still here! I swear when Caly goes I will be so cut up about it.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Ok so I'm posting six (!!!) new chapters now. I wrote all of these before going back to uni and had planned to post them one by one at regular intervals but things are busy and I thought I'd just save myself some time and post them all at once. I know it's a lot, so don't feel obliged to read them all at once (or at all!)

I don't know when the next chapters will be. Maybe not until next summer because I can't see myself getting much, if any, time to play whilst at uni.

And I'm sorry if I don't reply to comments, hope you understand!

Chapter 2.6
    Chapter 2.7
    Chapter 2.8
    Chapter 2.9
    Chapter 2.10
    Chapter 2.11