Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone put their own music into The Sims before?

2...Next

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Once I put Avril Lavigne's When you're gone in the romantic station and then I just ended up always clicking next song so I can get to hers. Maybe I should have put in a few more to distract myself hehe. But yeah usually when I put my own music in I go out of my way to skip all the sims songs.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2020
    When we were able to add our own music to the music stations, I would put in previous Sims songs (and SimCity music).

The only non-Sims music I would include were songs that were either completely instrumental, and maybe songs in languages that I just thought sounded Simlish enough to my ears. I would not tolerate English in my game (or any real language I can understand).
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I would like to but it seems complicated can they make it easier I get tired of listening to EA music.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love to be able to put my fave playlist in Sims 4. If there was a way to do that without mods I would.
  • GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    This is something I used to do a lot back in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 days I should definitely do it into The Sims 4 but I feel the game has some really good music in simish!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yep, I got Lady Gaga in my current TS2 game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yeah i have radio stations that i've replaced for entire albuns.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    I used to toss my iTunes playlist in there after converting it to a form that the game could read. And it was mostly baroque classical. Would love to see Sims 5 make it able to create your own music station...that will broadcast to your sims' radio. Half the time, my stereos would stop emitting sounds through "custom music" station and I'd have to reset the stereo or sell and buy a new one...and sometimes that wouldn't even fix it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the day when they put an Alexa into the game and you can just say "Alexa play ........" and you get your music played. B)

Mind you...I turn music off in my game as I play whilst watching TV. Multi-tasking!

Alexa would hate my guts.

"Alexa; play Vaughan Williams Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis"
    Google 101 on how to confuse the living **** out of Alexa.

"What am I searching for? Vaughn Williams or Thomas Tallis?"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Definitely. My TS3 parties are always thumpin' and bumpin'. At first, I used to add music to TS4 as well, however, I don't like the sound mechanic in TS4 at all, it's way too spotty. If I put music into the game it's for me as much as it is for my Sims. I should be able to hear it clearly anywhere in the same room that the stereo is in.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Indeed. I actually enjoy plenty of the existing music, but I use the custom music feature in both TS3 and TS4 to change it up a little. A bit of variation always helps.