Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5000 SimPoints to Give Away! Please Post Your Wishlists!

Comments

• Sallyp2020Sallyp2020 Posts: 21 Member
    Dear @Symb10sis, hope you're fine. This one (Sallyp2020) is the new name for @Sally_ :smiley:
  • Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hello Everyone!

I hate to start off this way, but I only have a minute right now as I'm getting ready to eat and then leave.

I just wanted to come on here and at least let you all know that I'm INCREDIBLY SORRY for taking this long and for disappearing :( . Also to let you know I'm still alive!

Short version: A series of very bad things happened to me over the last months and I just haven't really been doing or thinking about much of anything else. Mostly just been wallowing in self-pity and watching TV.

That's no excuse though. If I'm being honest (which I generally try to be, lol), I've had plenty of times where I could've at least come on here and posted something (like I'm doing now). The Sims 3 just fell by the wayside and I feel like a total jerk.

Once again, I'm terribly sorry and will be around as soon as I can, which will be early next week at the latest. Hopefully sooner, but I have multiple appointments and other things going on this week and want to make sure I find some real time to spend here.

Thanks to those of you who've written to check up on me! That's greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if you felt ignored. I promise I'm not normally this rude! I just the got the messages this morning. I'll reply as soon as I can.

Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well! :smiley:
  • Koolkat197Koolkat197 Posts: 30 Member
    Oh my gosh, you're okay!! Thank goodness <3

The Sims isn't going anywhere, so take the time that you need to recenter yourself; we can wait <3
  • sara4562sara4562 Posts: 133 Member
    You are okay and that's all that matters! <3

Take all the time that you need!
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Hello @Symb10sis It looks like life has thrown a lot of lemons your way this year!

I have just gotten back into the Sims 3 — after last playing it in 2014 — and now realize I missed the opportunity to watch videos for SimPoints all these years. It's a wonderful game. You're doing good work.

If you are still willing to give away SimPoints, or just want a Simlish friend to chat with, add me on Origin: sketches

I try to play at least once every night. I'm on the East Cost time zone. I hope you get well soon.

Best,
    ♥ sketches
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Sallyp2020Sallyp2020 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi @Symb10sis , don't feel sorry..hope it will all get better soon! :)
    edited October 2021
    Hello Simmers! :smiley:

I can't believe this has happened. I'm absolutely mortified that I abandoned this for so long. I started this thread over a year and a half ago :anguished: . Then I disappeared mostly. Then I came back and disappeared again. I just read my last post here for the first time in a year and almost died because it's been a year when I promised to reply and get this going within a week "at the latest." I stink :(

Without going into too much detail about my life, I suffer from pretty severe neuromuscular issues, live alone and have no one to help me survive (but thankfully am well enough to be able to do that :smile: ), so day-to-day life is tough and it takes about all I have just to get through each day. And that's on top of just normal life-related thingies that happen. Time flies by without me realizing it.

I still have a ton of Points! I actually bought more at one point earlier this year as penance for doing this, but then got waylaid again and never posted. Thankfully I've finally managed to spend some of them for a couple of people recently.

I've written to a couple of people through here and plan/hope to write to more to see if everyone's still around and playing The Sims 3, but if you're still around and still want some gifts, please reply here with your Wishlist and let me know! Or even PM me! I'm looking for friends/penpals as well as just trying to unload my points!

I'm serious this time! I promise! Halloween is my favorite day of the year and I hope to be give away at least some (if not most) of my Points that day in a sort of HallowSimsChristmas mashup :smiley:

I'd go back through this thread and gift to people who posted, but given how much time has passed I'm afraid of gifting to people who've moved on. I wish I could go back and start over, but sadly that's not possible. I'd also love to go back through and tag those of you who were so kind to me throughout this, but I simply don't have that kind of time or energy on top of what I'm already doing. Sorry :(

My SINCERE apologies to everyone here for what's happened. I never wanted nor expected this to happen when I first posted. I wouldn't have even posted then if I hadn't believed that my Points were about to expire...

Happy early Halloween and I hope everyone is doing well! :smile:

p.s. People who post screenshots or have a higher number of overall posts on this site will have a higher chance of getting something, simply because I'd like these Points to go to people who can demonstrate that they truly love the game and aren't just out for some freebies for a game they don't take seriously. Not trying to discriminate per se, but I want to be honest. If you only have three posts on the site and they're all asking for gifts, you may get something, but the likelihood is much lower than someone who's been around for years and has hundreds of posts.
    In other words, please be realistic :lol: .
    Feel free to try anyway though, especially if all you're looking for is something small!

Happy Simming! :smiley:
  • bookwormbeautybookwormbeauty Posts: 31 Member
    I don't know if you are still open to gifting but I'd love to be considered! I'm actually a new user that's more of a stalker (and I never remember to login). But anyways, I'd love some points if you are open to it! Still play and love the Sims!

> @Symb10sis said:
    > Hello Simmers! :smiley:
    >
    > I can't believe this has happened. I'm absolutely mortified that I abandoned this for so long. I started this thread over a year and a half ago :anguished: . Then I disappeared mostly. Then I came back and disappeared again. I just read my last post here for the first time in a year and almost died because it's been a year when I promised to reply and get this going within a week "at the latest." I stink :(
    >
    > Without going into too much detail about my life, I suffer from pretty severe neuromuscular issues, live alone and have no one to help me survive (but thankfully am well enough to be able to do that :smile: ), so day-to-day life is tough and it takes about all I have just to get through each day. And that's on top of just normal life-related thingies that happen. Time flies by without me realizing it.
    >
    > I still have a ton of Points! I actually bought more at one point earlier this year as penance for doing this, but then got waylaid again and never posted. Thankfully I've finally managed to spend some of them for a couple of people recently.
    >
    > I've written to a couple of people through here and plan/hope to write to more to see if everyone's still around and playing The Sims 3, but if you're still around and still want some gifts, please reply here with your Wishlist and let me know! Or even PM me! I'm looking for friends/penpals as well as just trying to unload my points!
    >
    > I'm serious this time! I promise! Halloween is my favorite day of the year and I hope to be give away at least some (if not most) of my Points that day in a sort of HallowSimsChristmas mashup :smiley:
    >
    > I'd go back through this thread and gift to people who posted, but given how much time has passed I'm afraid of gifting to people who've moved on. I wish I could go back and start over, but sadly that's not possible. I'd also love to go back through and tag those of you who were so kind to me throughout this, but I simply don't have that kind of time or energy on top of what I'm already doing. Sorry :(
    >
    > My SINCERE apologies to everyone here for what's happened. I never wanted nor expected this to happen when I first posted. I wouldn't have even posted then if I hadn't believed that my Points were about to expire...
    >
    > Happy early Halloween and I hope everyone is doing well! :smile:
    >
    >
    > p.s. People who post screenshots or have a higher number of overall posts on this site will have a higher chance of getting something, simply because I'd like these Points to go to people who can demonstrate that they truly love the game and aren't just out for some freebies for a game they don't take seriously. Not trying to discriminate per se, but I want to be honest. If you only have three posts on the site and they're all asking for gifts, you may get something, but the likelihood is much lower than someone who's been around for years and has hundreds of posts.
    > In other words, please be realistic :lol: .
    > Feel free to try anyway though, especially if all you're looking for is something small!
    >
    > Happy Simming! :smiley:
    edited November 2021
    @bookwormbeauty

Hi :smile:

Yes, I'm still totally open to gifting. Nearly everyone seems to have vanished (though I'm still trying behind the scenes when I have time/energy), so this didn't work out quite as I'd hoped when I posted last week.

It probably doesn't help that at some point over the last year, EA decided to make all of these Sims 3 boards into a sub-board :( That's just ridiculous and I hate it!!! :rage:

Nice to come across people who are still playing the Sims 3! I know the community is pretty large globally, but (and I just mentioned this lol) it's hard for everyone to come together now. This forum was already slowing way down, so this is a pretty sad state of affairs.

Do you have a Wishlist you could post?

Hope you're having a good day and Happy Simming!

p.s. And like I mentioned in my last paragraph in the post above, the more active you are on here and/or if you can post some screenshots, the more generous I'm apt to be :smiley:
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited November 2021
    @Symb10sis I read your message and thought that I ought to be giving to you, given how hard your life is in parts...

I still play the Sims 3. Quite a lot, actually - I use it mostly for story-writing, which usually works out at a chapter a week getting posted (apart from over the summer, which just got ridiculously busy, and the only computer game I could fit in was solitaire). I'll put a few first chapter links in here for you, with a description of the genre, and maybe you'd enjoy one of the stories and see lots of screenshots on the way.

https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2017/07/talisman-chapter-1.html Talisman is a time-travelling story.

https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-key-of-my-heart-chapter-1.html The Key of My Heart is a romance.

https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-hutchins-and-mojica-renovacy.html This one's a renovacy, which is basically a challenge where someone makes a family and a very dilapidated build ( Mmdrgntobldrgn made this one and this is the story I told from it) and you have to renvate the house before the youngest child grows up. And no-one can have a job.

https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2014/08/its-not-fair-prologue.html And this is the first of a series of linked stories set in a town called Rowansford, where I told stories about different characters in each story.

Wishing you all the best for today.

PS - yes, I do have a wishlist: let me know if you'd like me to post it.

• pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    Hi, I just saw your thread here and I hope you are okay!

If you have any points left I'm interested :) I wish I could give you something as well... If you have a build request let me know!
    EA ID: Praktrosella
    edited November 2021
    @SamelaRita

Your first sentence was just too kind :heart: . Thank you! The best thing you can give is friendship :smile: . I have almost no real life friends left, but have a couple of penpals from this forum (this thread actually lol) and am always looking for more. Provided that people understand I may go long periods without replying due to my life. :smile: Just look at this poor thread :disappointed:

I just took a moment to check out your stories and wow! That's an amazing amount of effort you've put in :smile: . The Sims 3 never ceases to amaze me at the sheer number of different ways a person can approach it. From a simple, casual time-waste to entire years-long generational family creation tool to building and CAS (I'm a CAS addict :lol: ) to story telling. It never ends.

I'll definitely be reading some of your stories when I find the time and thank you so much for sharing!

Unfortunately I'm currently dealing with issues affecting my right arm (which are actually stemming from my back/shoulder), so I can't use a mouse very much or game :( . I have some tests for that coming up, but hope to be feeling better soon :smile:

And yes, please post or PM me your Wishlist! :smiley:

Thanks again and I hope you're having a wonderful day!

@pinkrobin

Thanks! I'm doing okay this weekend. Feeling pretty upbeat :smile:

Please post your Wishlist and I'll have a look :smile:

I've never had someone offer me a build request before, and I've never really thought of asking for anything specific in that regard. I'll have to give that one some thought and let you know. It's actually (and quite sadly) been a while since I've played The Sims, so that doesn't make it any easier. What types of things do you like to build? And thanks for the offer! I'm quite intrigued and interested...

I love building in The Sims 3, but all too often I get mired down in Create-a-Style and there goes dozens of hours of just recoloring things for fun :smiley: . I love the zen aspect of building. No time crunch, no rules. Just a wonderful, unfettered creation tool.

I hope you're having a great day!
    edited November 2021
    @Symb10sis I'm totally happy to be a penpal with someone who sometimes takes ages to reply! Not least because that happens to me from time to time: life gets in the way of spare time. Rather thoughtlessly... ;)

I've upgraded my wishlist a bit, but I need to send you a friend request as I keep my page set to private - is your sims 3 name the same? I did find one symb10sis over there, but I wanted to be sure that it was you and not someone else using the same name! I've been caught out by that before. Or finding that someone has a different name over there to here.
    @Symb10sis Thank you, I had a pretty good day. Glad to hear you're okay!

I mostly build houses so tell me if there's something you want.

May I ask how much you would be willing to gift? :) I just want to make sure my wishlist doesn't contain stuff that's too expensive.
    Thanks for the reply! And yeah it's definitely hard to get everyone together but I find that's the case with online communities in general! I am sometimes on reddit but that can be so rude sometimes.

Well, here's my Wishlist! (It's my Sims3 Store List...although I do have an Origin one but this has my stuff/packs Wishlist).

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=bookwormbeauty

Glad to be part of an active online community!
    Symb10sis wrote: »
    @bookwormbeauty

Hi :smile:

Yes, I'm still totally open to gifting. Nearly everyone seems to have vanished (though I'm still trying behind the scenes when I have time/energy), so this didn't work out quite as I'd hoped when I posted last week.

It probably doesn't help that at some point over the last year, EA decided to make all of these Sims 3 boards into a sub-board :( That's just ridiculous and I hate it!!! :rage:

Nice to come across people who are still playing the Sims 3! I know the community is pretty large globally, but (and I just mentioned this lol) it's hard for everyone to come together now. This forum was already slowing way down, so this is a pretty sad state of affairs.

Do you have a Wishlist you could post?

Hope you're having a good day and Happy Simming!

p.s. And like I mentioned in my last paragraph in the post above, the more active you are on here and/or if you can post some screenshots, the more generous I'm apt to be :smiley:

Hi @Symb10sis Just realised I can send you this link! (Thanks, @bookwormbeauty !) so here it is.
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SamelaRita
  • masonshanemasonshane Posts: 1 New Member
    i have been playing sims for 10 years now my user name is masonshane if any of you guys want to download my content that is totally your decision to make. Play With Life!!!! from Mason
    @SamelaRita

Yes, unfortunately I'm "Symb10sis" everywhere on here. It works I guess (I like the "Sym" part), but my ex (who's been gone a long time) was the one who came up with it and now I'm stuck forever :lol:

Awesome to hear you're interested in the penpal idea! :smiley: I'll send you a PM (or you can send me one) in the next few days and we can talk about your Wishlist and hopefully some other things. Thankfully your Wishlist is a whole lot more manageable than most I've seen over the years :smiley: Not that there's anything wrong with wanting worlds and such. I know people on here who've been gifted those and more over the years.

Hope your day's going well! :smile:

@pinkrobin

Glad to hear things are going pretty well!

I haven't played in a while, so I'm not sure what I'd want. Hopefully you'll take a raincheck :smile:

I bought a new TV earlier this year and The Sims 3 is unplayable on it because it's way too dark. I could still technically play on this one, but, well, I bought a giant fancy new TV for a reason :smile: I found a thread with a possible workaround for my issue, but haven't been feeling well and so haven't tested it out.

I don't know yet how much I'll be able to gift to any individual person. It mostly comes down to what I mentioned in my post(s) regarding activity here, along with overall friendliness and such. :smile:

I really don't want to end up gifting to people who only use something once or twice and then forget about TS3, though considering how old the game is, my hope is that most of the people here are die-hard fans who've been playing for a long time like I have (on and off, anyway). This is along with how many people come along and ask, though there is going to be a first-come, first-serve kinda thing as well to an extent. I have two people I've been PMing with since I started this thread basically and I know they're gonna get a bunch of stuff (or at least one big-ticket item), but I can't really put a number on anything.

I wish things weren't so darn expensive on the Store. It's highway robbery and always has been. Most of what people want (and most of the really cool stuff) costs like 1500 Points and up. I can't really do that too many times, sadly. Just giving one of those to each of the people who've replied so far would bankrupt me, Point-wise.

I'm more than willing to help out with smaller things though, especially if someone's going for CYS or has some items they're just dying to have. For example, I recently bought a stove for a friend on here and that got her the entire rest of a January Compilation. Those are Points well spent :smiley:

Sorry for the wishy-washy answer, but that's about all I know right now. I go into more in my reply to Bookwormbeauty.

Feel free to put whatever in your Wishlist and just let me know what item(s) are most important to you. I'll do what I can :smile:

And odds are I'll have Points left over once I've done the bulk of giving things away, so that'll be fun too. :smile:

@bookwormbeauty

I'm so sad about what's happened to these types of online communities. I guess I haven't helped the situation by abandoning this one the way I did though :lol: . I used to love forums, but everyone just seems to be into social media and instant gratification and all that these days. And a lot of forums I've tried joining over the years have turned into closed-off places where newbies are looked at with suspicion rather than welcomed. That really doesn't help.

I end up being treated like a freak most places I join because I have the audacity to write more than 160 characters at a time. I wasn't born for the Twitter/texting age.

Hopefully you'll understand, given your awesome username :smiley:

I was just looking at your Wishlist and I'm pretty upset (to put it mildly) that all of the items that are "On sale" (they're not even really on sale anymore...) aren't giftable. Things like the Massage Chair and the Pinball machine. Those are the type of semi-cheap items I'd love to give away, but the Store won't allow it and EA won't fix it like they publicly promised everyone they were going to just a few years ago. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

I hope you and everyone else so far understand that there's a bit of math involved here, so it may take me a bit of time to figure this all out. One thing that'll help me is just to let me know what item(s) are most important to you, or even just share what type of gameplay you enjoy the most :smile:

I was in a fantastic mood on Halloween and probably (read: definitely) came across as overzealous and in a rush. I do that sometimes when I'm feeling good and apologize. I do want to get this over with reasonable quickly so another couple of years don't go by, but at the same time it's neat having people to write to/with and hopefully get to know everyone a bit before just throwing Gifts around. :smile:

And like I wrote to Pinkrobin, it's difficult because nearly everything on the Store is so darn expensive. I wish I could give everyone The Bakery (and nearly every Wishlist I've ever seen has had it on there lol), but that's 1900 Simpoints, which equates to nearly $20. That's just insane. I couldn't believe the prices when I first saw the Store back in 2009 and I really can't believe that they haven't gone down (with the exception of the Daily Deals, which don't apply to Gifting) over 12 years later. EA should just bundle The Store into one thing and sell it for a reasonable price at this point.

Anyway, that's my update for everyone today. Sorry that it's a book :smile:

And yeah, my brain's acting up a bit today :smiley:
    @Symb10sis - I've definitely done my share of abandoning an online community or two. Social media definitely changed things. I got into Twitter but then drifted away from it this past year. And I JUST added a few things to my gift list that are on the lower end. I hadn't logged onto that store in a while, but now it's more of a balance. And the things on there are definitely way too expensive! I keep hoping they'll have a sale or something.

I keep hoping that EA will have a deal on the expansion packs! SO far I only have the base game and generations. I'm eyeballing AMbitions and Seasons (I'll get either one of those if I get a job or on my birthday whichever comes first!).
    @Symb10sis That's fine. If you have an idea you're always welcome to tell me!

I hope you'll solve the problem with your TV soon so you can play. Regarding myself I started playing TS3 in 2009. Then a few years later I got busier and didn't have as much time to play as before. But since 2017 I've struggled with mental health issues due to a hormone disorder and that gave me more free time. Playing the game is a good way for me to relax och escape reality. I switched from discs to Origin in January last year and apparently I've played for nearly 600 hours since then :D

AH4hsoA.png

Here's my wishlist:
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Praktrosella:
    The thing I've really wanted the most for a while now is Sunlit Tides, but it's totally understandable if that one is impossible. I always have plans for future saves and I would like to play a beautiful Polynesian sim which would fit perfectly with the world. Hopefully I''ll be able to do that someday!
    Otherwise I would be happy to have the Industrial oven. I have a sim who is a level 10 chef and it would be a lot of fun to build and run my own restaurant with that particular sim.
    But honestly I would be grateful for anything you choose to gift!

I agree that the prices are ridiculous considering how old the game actually is :neutral:

I'm a shy person so neither I have many friends. It's fun to meet nice people like you and chat a bit :) Have a great weekend!
  • PalgoonsPalgoons Posts: 20 Member
    @Symb10sis if you want to send me something on my wishlist here my wishlist, and thank you so much for your generosity!
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Palguna31
    edited November 2021
    @bookwormbeauty

I've grown to hate social media. It's too anti-social :lol: . I only recently joined Reddit and Quora and that was just out of boredom one day. They can be interesting at times and I figured that people had answered a ton of questions for me already over the years on those sites, so maybe I could give back a little. I joined Facebook back in 2012 after promising myself I never would. It seemed great at first - all my old friends were there and we were friending each other and then, well, that was it. No one actually wanted to reconnect. They just wanted to collect friends and likes or something. So now I have my ~100 Fakebook "friends" who ignore my private messages and then wish me a happy birthday or ask me to like certain pages. I refuse to post publicly anymore, but I do wish a few people happy birthday's each year. Hurray! :smiley:

And I'm just way too wordy for Twitter so I've never bothered.

They do have sales on The Store. It's a pretty complicated system (they're called "Daily Deals"), but it's how I came to own it all without spending thousand$$$. I actually posted about it a little in this thread a long time ago, here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17435918/#Comment_17435918
    I take no credit for all the awesomely amazing work the creators of the threads I linked to did in order to help everyone. They deserve so much credit for figuring that all out. The amount of work it must have taken to do all of that is mind-boggling.

Some of the Cascades are truly awesome. Especially the "Animals Abound" one. A person can get quite a bit of content without too much SimPoint investment if they're patient and play their cards right.

EA used to have massive sales on TS3 expansions. They were regularly discounted to $5 per pack. I started playing again in 2017 after about 4 years and just happened to find them all (I owned everything up to Generations on disc) on sale on Amazon right when I got this PC. I went hog wild and bought almost all of them. Then bought the rest a few months later when I realized it was a sale (I really thought they were just $5 because the game was so old...silly me).

The last sale I saw was March of this year. Packs were $10 a piece. So I guess they still happen, but not very often it would seem :( (though I don't check often either). I think EA realized that people were loving their old game too much and they really want to push their "new" (Sims 4 is 7 years old, which is past retirement age in video game world) game onto everyone.

My advice to anyone wanting to complete their collection is to check eBay. I just did and there's a brand new sealed copy of Pets (Limited Edition) for about $8:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/384480299031?epid=111174838&hash=item5984cfc817:g:spMAAOSwuTldn0UW
    Not too shabby. The Limited Edition items are irredeemable (codes have expired), but with Pets people should get the Pet Shop because it comes with every version (one EA glitch in our favor :smile: ). I was stoked when I saw that item in my Purchase History after redeeming the code from Amazon!

Here's Seasons for a little bit more:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/143732884245?epid=24045282190&amp;_trkparms=ispr=1&amp;hash=item217725c315:g:AscAAOSwK2VfYPn0&amp;amdata=enc:AQAGAAACoPYe5NmHp%2B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsS9d9gBrkNbRQtRn8MVXnYktt%2BSRSjy6IgiRM%2FSTnhxS45ypew1MvP0XWIekeV0eKHJ15trzR%2BHBEiH%2FxFbXBkonYxcNDPjrmEAu5n4JhAzTXOcmk6LOSroh%2B47YaOG3fYnM%2FisLqio%2BCHqrZ9%2Byd06ADYBBUHZEj6kgvAb2sK0ol3SQBMW9SeAXhuJp7buAs3LHJVGPjyOZeJtJprbuR0elTaj1VOcBHexc7ceYMiyK7Ld2ssX2Y%2Fi%2BPuKRepKE0UWQXy0rf25oOBKQ3bd2OZk1K0CHGei3MgUqE1jispC3McnraICMIc%2BL4M%2FRMpyHxgvgYthvEnd3ClQBmbmKw5CeSkgMzRcbawWgGjEsOQ0DNhoHJauGdGjnlrXq1xnuTInKvuTBQ%2FHKZib0K8duKcfi9PnIRqLIKUdQIGCPgv3pYMSFhsNwGiuFcotPWO674P8Xhm9OEg20wwsZY6tDqY9ab%2Bgj0f0vOUzIpsuQB0JAliDOXWu795rRYEf1IwBm6xzzut8%2BXjAvZiInWXKLkSjEH67DpMu0kh1OrCE3fvmXCUbri8aAmScF%2B7pf%2F%2BoKK5%2FltkeC4QfeL8a%2B96fLetNZB2CcmaFSzt0Mtc6ghMMtdNkIOjqOqnHQ4LZ2EJow3cw3FpvN0ew%2B%2FQOdKxRbKZxrl2dYKzH1lBaL3Pp5ht20aGzaC1itMGzJC%2ByDhi3m3NUzXX5b795dm2WD2S6dK2vlsmaCJBHwFNKdrtLqjJKVv65Rpx%2F57Wf691cN3dLm%2FDurHhHFIXvQemPOkEAGHzAeoM1pcVxL3FCfvVQJSPuab74AJFFcnu%2B40EHGzOMJmAP6XaVsKtttMNgzm9AG26bw%3D%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMpuft_qJf

Ambitions is probably my favorite pack (or at least way up there), but some of that might just be nostalgia. The cheapest I saw it just now was like $16.50 though, which isn't quite as good a deal as those two. Now that I think of it, I'm not even sure why I posted the links, considering anyone can just search "Sims 3 [insert desired pack name here]" and keep checking until they find it cheap. Oh well, not gonna bother deleting what I already copy/pasted. :smiley:

Same with Sims 4 if people are interested. Most Expansions can be found for around $10 or so a lot of the time.

Just make sure it says "Brand new" and "Sealed." That way you know the code hasn't been redeemed!

Wow. I kinda went off topic there. Hopefully I shared something useful/worthwhile though! :smiley:

Maybe in my next reply I'll actually get to your Wishlist :smile:

Hope you're doing well!

@pinkrobin

Thanks! :smile:

I almost tried to fix it the other night, but my days go by pretty quick and I'm sadly a TV junkie. Being injured doesn't help. Even if I got it working right, it'd just be a tease :lol: .

It sounds like our timelines are similar when it comes to The Sims 3! I started right after it came out, played pretty regularly for a long time, then quit circa 2013 due to my life becoming completely untenable. Then I bought a new PC in 2017 and realized I didn't own any PC games, so I installed the Sims 3 on a whim and because it was all I had. I lost my mind at how awesome it was in 1080p with all the expansions and everything! Then I lost my mind again because nearly every Sim I'd ever made was actually horrifyingly ugly and I realized I had to start all over.

I just checked and I have 535 hours in Origin, so you've got me beat by a little bit. I think that means I probably have somewhere upward of 1,000 hours in the game total. I wish I had a way to know for sure. What's kinda sad though is that most of those Origin hours have just been me learning to mod, becoming addicted to sliders and generally being a CAS addict.

Here's my favorite Sim I've created so far. Her name's Vale and, when I finally get to play again, it'll be with her and her younger sister Star. I can't even guess as to how many hours it took me to create the two of them (and I think they're finally as done as they can ever be). Probably at least 200 if you count finding all the CC, learning sliders and all that. Anyway, here she is:

51267563793_7c6bac480d_c.jpg
    Vale by Symb10sis, on Flickr

Sunlit Tides is a beautiful world. That's where that screenshot was taken (the lighting is wonderful for Sim creation). I'm sorry to say this right after saying that, but yeah, that's a bit pricey for me to Gift, sorry. It does go on Daily Deal rotation (see the first link I posted to Bookwormbeauty about how to own the Store) and can be had for cheaper at times, but those prices don't count for Gifting unfortunately. Maybe something to keep in mind though if you ever have Points of your own. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I don't want to get your hopes too high up in case it doesn't happen, but the oven may be entirely possible! I love cooking/recipes in the game too! :smile: I almost always play with aging off, so nearly every Sim I play with ends up a level 10 chef :wink:

I used to be really shy when I was younger (to the point of social anxiety), so I know where you're coming from. I thankfully mostly outgrew that, but some of that's just the level of social isolation I live with - I get too excited when I see people to be nervous anymore :smile: . I generally only see other human beings a couple times a week at most and that's usually in a time-limited professional capacity (physical therapist, actual therapist, etc...).

I'm sorry to hear about your hormone disorder, but I'm glad you've found ways to cope :smile: . That's what The Sims 3 does for me as well - it lets me go outside, walk around as much as I want, drive (sorta), take in the sights and basically live in a way my actual life won't let me. That's when I actually stop OCDing on my Sims though...

I hope you had a great weekend! :smile:

@Palgoons

Hi! :smile:

Welcome to my ancient but recently resurrected thread!

Thanks for posting your Wishlist! How long have you been playing?

I'm not making any promises yet, but I'll see what I can do :wink:

Thanks for the nice comment as well :smiley:

Hope you're having a great day!

• PalgoonsPalgoons Posts: 20 Member
    @Symb10sis I played sims 3 since I was in junior high school! which is for about 9 or 8 years ago, but i started exploring it since i was in senior high school and started to get to know and learned sims has so many packs. I created sims 3 store account in 2015 but i played with my friends CD. And now I have my own money and started purchased sims 3 packs again step by step and put it on origin.
    @Symb10sis My weekend was good, thanks :)

Our timelines are very similar indeed. Funny how you discovered that your sims were uglier than you thought :D

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how many hours in total I've spent playing the game ever since I bought it. It must be thousands by now. Have you played Sims 1, 2 and/or 4?

What a beautiful sim! No need to apologize, it's very expensive unfortunately. But I'm planning to buy some points so hopefully I'll be able to get it soon ;)

It would be really generous of you to gift the oven! But like I said earlier, I'm happy with anything.

I've suspected for some time that I might have social anxiety because everytime I'm among strangers I get nervous when doing the simplest of things, like pouring coffee into a cup or something :D

That's true, it sort of gives you the opportunity to live someone else's life!

Hugs <3
    @Symb10sis Yeah I find the same thing with social media! People just collecting likes and friends and very little interaction. I have noticed that the daily deals are the best way to get things! Do they ever have any of the worlds in there as daily deals? I feel like furniture and worlds are my favorites strangely enough. I can ignore clothes and most vehicle stuff lol. But furniture is definitely my favorite!

I'm hoping that deals on the games go on sale in November/December! That's when I'm hoping to get Ambitions next. That one and the Seasons seem to be the cutest.