Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cutaway walls - sims 1 style?

Does anyone know of a mod so that interior walls of other rooms will stay up if no sims are present in them while playing on cutaway mode? I think it would make for better pictures for story telling and such. walls up puts up the exterior wall so i cant see in and cutaway cuts out all the walls. i tried researching it and only found that that was the way it was in sims 1 and since then it's been this new version. I'll attach images in this spoiler to explain:
Current image:
gpwGTYm.jpg
You'll notice how you can look into the dining room not just through the arch but the wall is cutaway too

Walls Up:
SQql0Jw.jpg
I can't see the sims unless I wanna zoom way way in, but you can see the wall around the archway to the dining room

I want the wall in front of the sim to be cutaway but the dining room wall to be up, not the far wall on the edge.

A better look at the dining room wall
wWiAVuh.jpg

Thanks for reading! I hope someone knows of a mod or solution..

Note: Yes, this is for sims 3. Otherwise I wouldn't post in "The Sims 3 General Discussion".. I get asked this every time i mention another sims game in my post...
hLhdCsO.jpg

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited September 2020
    I know of no mod to do what you want but do you really need the walls up? I play with walls down and only put them up when I take pics.

Edit to add: The reason I play with walls down is that my sim families tend to be big and are usually on high freewill so I want to be able to see what all of them are up to at all times.
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    @Mikezumi you put them up to take pics sure but when the item they're using is against a wall you can't get a nice pic unless youre zoomed way in. i understand playing with big families and wanting to see them all but currently my family is small and if i want this off ill just put all walls down. i prefer cutaway mode when playing
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I can see how that is problematic for some. It doesn't affect me because I just put the walls down when I want a pic of something against a wall because it's only for my own memory and not story-telling purposes. I searched and found that many people want a mod that does cutaway walls like TS1 but it didn't look promising.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

There's also the [Tab] camera function.

It will freeze all items from auto-fading and provide different opportunities for screenshots.
    Using this function takes a bit of practice, but it can allow for more flexibility in close quarters.

For instance ... This shot is taken using the [Tab] Camera and barely breaking the surface of a wall.
    If I were to hit [Tab] again, closing the function, you wouldn't see anything but wall.

50376473417_0a59acb8a8_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    @BlackSand it helps for items but not for walls, thanks for the idea though!!
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    @Chi5678 Yep, you definitely have a point there! I remember when I first started playing TS3 almost nine years ago, coming directly from TS1, that I immediately noticed the difference, and missed the way it is done in TS1.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Chi5678 wrote: »
    @BlackSand it helps for items but not for walls, thanks for the idea though!!

What do you think I meant when I posted ...
    "If I were to hit [Tab] again, closing the function, you wouldn't see anything but wall."

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yes, I’d like this view option too!