Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do you think ea should do to get back simmers who will move to the paralive game?

1235...Next

Comments

• SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    go back to basic for the sims5 and make the sims5 a major wow
    I feel like TS4 can't be saved because of its engine. It may be better to give simmers everything they wanted in the sims 5.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Schmoloop - They're gonna have their work cut out for them. :mrgreen:

Devs: "OH MY GOD...HOW MUCH ARE THEY ASKING US FOR...THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PROGRAM!"

Us: Sucks for you, eh?
    tenor.gif
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    EA has nothing to worry about when it comes to Paralives. Whatever Paradox Tectonic is developing at the moment could be of bigger concern.

Still, EA will just continue with whatever they’re doing. Hopefully they’ll take a little customer feedback on board to make the existing game better, or by developing a more interesting next title. But at the end of the day customers are just that: customers. Winning back old players or getting new ones instead is all the same to this corporation. Of course keeping the player is the challenge, so we’ll see. In about two years time we’ll probably know more.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited September 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 - And that's the reason why they keep doing what they do. That Simmers willingly eat what they get shoveled whether it's a wholesome meal or whether it's ****. The only time they'll take a hard look at what their actions are causing is when it means a hard hit to the pocket-book.

And that's why we Simmers need to stop taking their attitude for granted.

Stop buying the packs and let them see just how disgruntled we are.

The simple fact for business is that it's easier to retain a customer you already have versus having to get a new customer and keep them. That's why customer retention is a key aspect in business. I worked in business for twenty five years building up a real estate business from the ground as well as my own photography business and customer retention versus going out and trying to get "new customers" was primary on my mind because it was easier to keep my current customers happy than to go out and try to win the trust over and over with new customers. Didn't mean I didn't have to go get new customers but good word of mouth from my current customers meant more business and an easier sale in the long run than if I had to go in cold. Anybody that tells you different isn't thinking.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    All answers feel free to post as well
    I've got used to my present Sims and it will take a lot to get me interested in a new Sims type character who doesn't look like the ones I'm fond of now. It wasn't that way with Sims 3 for me but I love the look of them in Sims 4 and like building the houses.

I took one look at that bearded character in the latest Paralives trailer and thought he wasn't what I personally wanted right now but maybe, someday........

If we get three new Sims games to choose from we'll be spoiled for choice and that should stir EA up a bit.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    launch a major survey poll to all players for the sims5 about what players would like and went in the sims5
    We all have our own idea of the perfect Sims game and, therefore, should be given an opportunity to say so. There are a couple of problems with this approach, EA has it's own ideas for the franchise including multiplayer, competitive and RPG elements while the players may not necessarily want these in future games. I do not see EA bowing to customer pressure or being willing to compromise but nonetheless it would be lovely to know player opinion was being taken into account on the major features for TS5.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    All answers feel free to post as well
    I think right now mobile games are more of a threat to The Sims series than Paralives is. Paralives, if they ever complete it, (think Duke Nukem Forever, "it will be done when its done") will be different from any of the Sims games, just like each of the Sims games are different from each other. Already, the characters from Paralives we have been shown look less lifelike than almost any of the Sims games, though the interior design options/build-buy look much better.

Different people have different preferences. I have played other "life simulators", most were just stories where the player controls only the steps of the story about a character's life, affecting the way the character turns out. There are lots of story games. There are lots of fashion/dress up games. There are lots of games about designing homes and gardens, hotels, and restaurants, most of them match-3 type games, with microtransaction boosters available (ie cheat with real money). Love Nikki for instance, is my current favorite dress-up game, since once you reach a certain level, it unlocks a home you can design, and furnishings you can buy for it with game currency. I also have at least 10 interior design match 3 or card games. Again, you can use real money or watch ads to get another life.

However, in the long run, The Sims games beats those games, because they feature all three of those, PLUS open sandbox play instead of scripted stories.

The thing I hate about most mobile fashion games is they have time-limited items, or items that are too expensive to purchase unless you buy premium in-game currency. Plus almost all mobile games have way too many ads (except Avakin Life, who tags you as a bot if you watch more than 5 ads per day, and blocks you from getting certain stuff (ever) from watching ads if you exceed that limit).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.