Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Todays the day I uninstalled the Sims 4, after 6 years and its was hard.

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Whenever I get anoid with playing Sims 4 I just play my Sims 3. With my Sims 3 I turn off Vampires, Witches & Ghosts. I turn on Fairies Genies & Werewolves.
    I play Sims 3 for nostalgia & for what Sims 4 is still missing. The Sims family play is so fun. Plus my favorite objects of the Heartshape bed,
    Spiral stairs & cool Cars are in the game. I also love the Color Wheel, Color Slides, Textures,
    Eye Lashes, Nails & Body Hair in CAS & Decor.
    However, if I want my Hybrids, a Sim based on my fave actor & my unusual buildings; I still need Sims 4.
    I've always known that Sims 3 & Sims 4 are like Apples & Oranges, they may have come from the same simulation but they are not the same.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited September 2020
    wickichick wrote: »
    i think it is healthy to do something new after a bit so i totally get it ...hope you enjoy the sims three...i would play it again too but i have windows 10 and i don't think i can download them to this os ..sims 3 can be downloaded via origin but again i doubt it would play on windows 10 so maybe i will have to drag out an older pc ..lol but sims 3 was an awesome series for the sims ..enjoy and have lots of fun

Hi, @wickichick. I play the Sims 3 just fine on Windows 10. I got back into it about a week ago — and IT'S AMAZING. ☆゚.*:・。゚

If you've registered The Sims 3 before, then it will be saved on your Origin account. This surprised me very much. The last time I had played The Sims 3 was in 2014 on a different machine that I don't own anymore.

The game runs smoothly on my laptop, too, on the mechanical HDD. My laptop is from 2015. Try it. :)

Here are the minimum specs to run The Sims 3: https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/the-sims-3-system-requirements

To compare, here are the minimum specs to run The Sims 4: https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/the-sims-4-system-requirements

Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    wickichick wrote: »
    i think it is healthy to do something new after a bit so i totally get it ...hope you enjoy the sims three...i would play it again too but i have windows 10 and i don't think i can download them to this os ..sims 3 can be downloaded via origin but again i doubt it would play on windows 10 so maybe i will have to drag out an older pc ..lol but sims 3 was an awesome series for the sims ..enjoy and have lots of fun

I've got it on a windows 10 machine and it runs just fine. Maybe you just need to tweek it a bit. I'm sure someone over on the TS3 part of the forums can help. They've been right there whenever I had a problem.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I just noticed another thread about unlocking special lots and thats another great example of...things that felt so restrictive in the Sims 4. To me the sims shouldnt' be like that but more than anything it feels like their trying to craft a game world that you play in rather than can edit however you want yourself and don't let you use things that are right there.

Part of the online roots of the game. Those 'worlds' are carved in stone untouchable. I hear you on the story telling. I'm the same, do photo shoots as the story, a graphic novel of sorts that's attached to the household.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2020
    I just uninstalled The Sims 4. :#

I was playing Uni, in my wonderful dorm, with my wonderful sims, and I was feeling so fed up with the game.
    I put it out of its misery.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I have 2, 3, and 4 installed on my machine. I switch between them whenever the desire hits me, 2 is and most likely will always be my favorite, but I love the other two also. Hope you have fun with 3.
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    I went back to TS3 two weeks ago. Man! I missed such a good good sims game! Can you believe that I'm still finding new things?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    mcorral wrote: »
    I went back to TS3 two weeks ago. Man! I missed such a good good sims game! Can you believe that I'm still finding new things?

I believe you, i still find plenty of things I didnt know existed, one of them is ability to paint ceiling
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have to admit the teaser for Sims 4 next expansion "snowy escape" has grabbed my attention because I love snow (I grew up around Fernie, BC) and mountain activities are like my life blood. Except this is the Sims 4...and I know what to expect, first off lets not even talk about snow because apparently it has no depth in Sims 4 (talk about black diamond slopes lol) so I guess they are going down icy slopes?

As well...I know I'm just going to get annoyed with it because of some limitation I can't even imagine yet...but ya its tempting simply because I love snowy activities...but than I remember...its a Sims 4 expansion that will also be half price by december too...and their is like so many amazing games coming out in that time (cyberpunk, Valhalla) that actually deserve full price.

Not a $50 expansion pack for the sims 4...ya ok just remembering what EA charges in Canada for digital releases is enough to convince me to wait for a sale and the day I actually do reinstall the Sims 4 just to play/buy this expansion...when its on sale lol.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    A $40 expansion shouldn’t tease gameplay from a 2 year old stuff pack right up front (rock climbing). Also since this pack revolves around snow did they get around to making it have depth? Did they copy/paste all of the snow gameplay from seasons into this pack?

Since we know the desirable gameplay for this new pack will only work in the new world it’s not worth $40 to me. Region locking in this game is out of control, and has only gotten more strict since IL. They aren’t even trying to expand the whole game anymore it’s more like episodic expansions to tell new stories that are always separate from each other.
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    I don't think players have to choose between sims 2&3&4. If I get bored with sims 4 I play sims 2. Then I get bored with sims 2 and play sims 4. I might play sims 3, I don't know. And sometimes I even (don't tell anybody) play games other than sims. Personally I don't expect any game in the universe to entertain me for years without me ever getting bored. It's ok to give a game a break.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I started playing sims 3 a few weeks ago and haven't played sims 4 since. Started off with just base game and loved it. Now added generations, seasons and ambitions. Installed NRaas story progression and overwatch and it's amazing. What's missing from sims 4, for me, is story progression. This is how I want to play. I do prefer the look of the sims in 4 and the toddlers are the best and I don't miss open world in 4 either but as for gameplay and challenge, sims 3 is by far the best game for me.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited October 2020
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I have to admit the teaser for Sims 4 next expansion "snowy escape" has grabbed my attention because I love snow (I grew up around Fernie, BC) and mountain activities are like my life blood. Except this is the Sims 4...and I know what to expect, first off lets not even talk about snow because apparently it has no depth in Sims 4 (talk about black diamond slopes lol) so I guess they are going down icy slopes?

As well...I know I'm just going to get annoyed with it because of some limitation I can't even imagine yet...but ya its tempting simply because I love snowy activities...but than I remember...its a Sims 4 expansion that will also be half price by december too...and their is like so many amazing games coming out in that time (cyberpunk, Valhalla) that actually deserve full price.

Not a $50 expansion pack for the sims 4...ya ok just remembering what EA charges in Canada for digital releases is enough to convince me to wait for a sale and the day I actually do reinstall the Sims 4 just to play/buy this expansion...when its on sale lol.

https://youtu.be/MwOpX9pWsdU

:s Seriously EA?
    After I have finally uninstalled TS4?

I love Japanese culture, and a snowy aspect like Hokkaido is really interesting to me.
    And I've have imagined downhill skiing in the Sims.

I am currently about to build a new computer.
    This means I will have to install all my software over again. Will I install TS4 for this?
    No.

But if they ever do anything to give these sims more personality, individuality and meaningful interactions, plus bring more requested features, I just might. I know one thing. I will not reinstall Eco Lifestyle if I ever do bring TS4 back.

[Update!]
    tS4_personality_overhaul(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Well.... D***
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SilentFireflySilentFirefly Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Leaselmary said:
    > I don't think players have to choose between sims 2&3&4. If I get bored with sims 4 I play sims 2. Then I get bored with sims 2 and play sims 4. I might play sims 3, I don't know. And sometimes I even (don't tell anybody) play games other than sims. Personally I don't expect any game in the universe to entertain me for years without me ever getting bored. It's ok to give a game a break.

not everyone owns all the games, especially not 2. And not everyone is a gamer with different consoles, or even genres that they play --Sims might be the only game that some people play.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I never uninstall anything, just in case. I even got a free pack update to Sims Medieval without asking for it so I might go back to that someday and also find subtle updates to the other Origin games I check on sometimes (like more resolutions available). I can't cope with anything that needs a lot of concentration at the moment, so building, CAS and Lot Rotation in Sims 4 suits me better than re-learning 1, 2 or 3.
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    >not everyone owns all the games, especially not 2. And not everyone is a gamer with different consoles, or even genres that they play --Sims might be the only game that some people play.
    Which is exactly the point. It's hard to play only one game for six years and never get bored of it. Sometimes you need a break.

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, Snowy Escape looks interesting, but I'm just tired of how EA handles things, so I won't be going back. It's like they do something right, then they ruin any good will they'e built up by making bad decisions. I wanted off that roller coaster, so I stopped buying any packs for TS4.

I only reinstalled TS4 to use CAS for forum games now
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2020
    mcorral wrote: »

Hard core sims 3 player since 2011 I BELIEVE you @mcorral .
    ---
    The sims 4 is pretty interesting for me to have I do play it. I learn so much about my simself with an other perspective, an other world. Some of the events that happened in ts3 is kinda similar or different in ts4, some are justified, some give me a new thought. For the gameplayer simlit I am that's a good addition. (same when I'll play her on ts2)

The gameplay with gameplay mods additions is kinda better than vanilla but I have the feeling I still don't have the full control of my game that's very irritating me. I totally understand people who uninstall a game sometimes we really need a long break.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I never uninstall anything, just in case. I even got a free pack update to Sims Medieval without asking for it so I might go back to that someday and also find subtle updates to the other Origin games I check on sometimes (like more resolutions available). I can't cope with anything that needs a lot of concentration at the moment, so building, CAS and Lot Rotation in Sims 4 suits me better than re-learning 1, 2 or 3.

Same here I am what you call an pack rat that hates to get rid of anything but I am no hoarder though packrat only pertains to electronics, computers and programs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Sims 3 had such good points and imagination and is still so popular that I sometimes think that I could go back to it if it got a reworking with 64bit, better looking Sims and I got all my store bought stuff recognised as actually bought. It just doesn't acknowledge my saved objects and items downloaded from the store and I have to download it fresh every launch.

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think reworking or refreshing sims 3 to a 64 bit for windows will cannibalize its younger sibling that is Sims 4, it is probably the reason as to why they didnt sell The Sims 2 on Origin, or why The Sims 3 and its packs rarely have sales. eventhough they still have large playerbase in the aforementioned games.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Congrats to everyone here who has uninstalled the game. I do hope you Mac users enjoy The Sims 3 when it is available in 64-bit. I've been playing it on Windows for about a month now, and it's the bomb.

Or enjoy The Sims 2, if you can get your paws on it. :)

1, 2 and 3 are all great. Graphics aren't everything.

-sketches
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Snowy Escape looks cool but I have fear it will be another rushed pack like Island Living
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I uninstalled Sims 4, but not because of Sims 4. I uninstalled it because of Origin. Origin must have updated itself and didn't keep my setting to not update games, and it apparently scanned my SSDs, found Sims 3, then updated it. I didn't realize it until I tried to launch it and ended up at the launcher. This is, for me, way too intrusive for a game I play just every once in awhile. I did not buy Sims 3 through Origin; my installation was not even on the same SSD as Origin or Sims 4. In truth, I'd ignore it if Sims 4 were as much fun for me to play as Sims 3. But it's really annoying having to reinstall a game because Origin forgot a setting.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    @sketches The sims 2 Super Collection 64 bit is available in the Apple Store for Mac. It's really good though it does not have all the Packs but has quite a few. I am still learning about it as I never played the sims 2 before.
    I have my sims 3 on the laptop and sims 4 too, both run really well, and this in Windows 10.
    I consider myself a Sims 3 player, have never stopped playing it since July 2009.
    I have not even done all the Adventures fully, Tons still to do, find out and explore. And then it has beautiful player created worlds loads of which I have saved in an external USB. It will take me another lifetime to play them all!
    And yes I am looking forward to the release of the 64 bit sims 3 version for Mac. :D