Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decorating in Outdoor Retreat (and a little TS3)

I’m trying to build a nice holiday cabin in Outdoor Retreat, but I’m really missing all the hunting type stuff we used to have in TS3. I’m talkin stuffed animals on the wall, wood carvings etc. How have you guys been decorating your outdoorsy cabins cause I’m stumped on how to make it look all rugged.
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I also miss that and had hoped the much talked about Winter lodge/ ski resort would bring in this kind of thing. I use the wood wall & floor coverings and wood furniture. Granny type stuff from the knitting pack helps, but we are sorely lacking in this woodsy type decor. Would love for hammocks to finally make an appearance also.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    There’s some great sculptures & furniture you can make at the wood working table. But other then that we are lacking in woodsy decor /:
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I have no idea what to put on my walls. I need a canoe or a bear head or something
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited September 2020
    Your Sims can make stuff for the walls or get them from Debug. I hang fish on the walls. There is also a mascot decoration that came with the pack. It's a moose. Looking at the buy/build overview there are clutter items. In my last build there I used the Nifty Knitting door. I got all the other stuff like wood carvings and wall stuff from debug. Or in the build before that my Sims made stuff while they are vacationing there. When they caught a fish it got mounted for the wall.

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    Fish is a good idea! I’ll also check buy debug
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Do you have Cats & Dogs? There’s some good rustic decor there including fishing nets with buoys and lures attached.

If your not opposed to cc, there are mounted cowplant heads in this pack but The Plumbob Tea Society.

https://plumbobteasociety.tumblr.com/post/168396549107/we-created-a-couple-gifts-last-month-to-celebrate

I have them in my game and use them in my games a lot.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    If you have Journey to Batuu, there's a mounted cow skeleton in that pack. There are some decorative boats in debug you might be able to hang on the wall with TOOL mod.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    If you have Journey to Batuu, there's a mounted cow skeleton in that pack. There are some decorative boats in debug you might be able to hang on the wall with TOOL mod.

I don’t have much interest in this pack but I do have cats and dogs (which was also lack luster) so I’ll try that.

Thank you!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I’m trying to build a nice holiday cabin in Outdoor Retreat, but I’m really missing all the hunting type stuff we used to have in TS3. I’m talkin stuffed animals on the wall, wood carvings etc. How have you guys been decorating your outdoorsy cabins cause I’m stumped on how to make it look all rugged.

stuffed animals on the wall and animal rugs aren't vegan for Sims 4. I find them creepy, but I don't think they would add them anyway for that reason. PETA would come flying towards EA.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Karon wrote: »

stuffed animals on the wall and animal rugs aren't vegan for Sims 4. I find them creepy, but I don't think they would add them anyway for that reason. PETA would come flying towards EA.

There are is a rug with several animal prints in game. Don't know which pack it came with.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited September 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »

There are is a rug with several animal prints in game. Don't know which pack it came with.

Both My First Pet Stuff and Get Famous have animal printed rugs. But I think the MFPS ones fit better with Outdoor Retreat's aesthetic.

ETA: the feather collection from Cats & Dogs might also make for nice rustic wall decor.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    The stuffed animal heads on the wall is a sims staple which is why I was surprised it didn’t come in TS4. Does PETA spend its time fighting for digital animal rights??
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited September 2020
    they really should stop with the whole "we are not going to add this or that because it is wrong in real life!"

like real life? I am absolutely disgusted by animal head wall decors and fur coats and all that but well my sims are quite evil enough to appreciate that type of decor and wear and I would absolutely love to have that to make me some cruella de vil type sims

also even in real life there is faux fur stuff and faux skeleton thingies so we could at least have that much
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    You might want to use items from debug. Like wooden beams and create wooden furniture yourself from these items. There are great videos on youtube with tutorials on how to use debug items to create your own furniture in every style!