Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing All Furniture From Lot...

I haven't found anything discussing what I've been looking for, so I assume it isn't a thing for this game.

Basically, I was going around just flipping houses for the heck of it, and because it's better than those dumb house flipper apps.
I haven't really tried to do this in S4 yet, and I realized I didn't know how to remove all of the furniture in the house to flip it - and have been looking for a cheat (no mods, my laptop/antivirus doesn't agree with mods very well) to delete all of the furniture.
Of course, there isn't a way currently.

BUT I found a few ways to delete most of the things quickly - most of you already probably know, but those of you who are/were struggling, here's what I do.

Trick 1: Delete the floor, then build it
(furniture is gone, but anything on the walls stays) (will need to do this for each room)

Trick 2: Hold-click on an object in a corner, then drag the highlighted box to the far adjacent corner
(everything is gone, including doors, windows & stairs) (Can be done by floor)

Trick 3: Save the lot to your library, bulldoze the lot, then go back to your Gallery, click on the house you just saved, and place it to current lot - choose unfurnished
(all furniture is gone, but I believe doors, windows & stairs stay) (all at once, but is kind of a long process if your computer runs slow)

If anyone else has a new/better idea or way to delete the furniture, or a cheat I missed, please post~!!!

Thanks in advance for reading/posting/sharing

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Why not just go into build mode and drag each piece of furniture into the "sell" box on the lower left corner?
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    I hear that the "Sharing is Caring" NAP removes furniture pretty quickly too 😉
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm guessing you are using the houses already in the worlds. I did a version of flipping, but I flipped the entire world and added all new buildings. By doing this you can download w/o furniture. I think someone said something like this?
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    @SapphireKai

I have been looking for an idea for a new game - thank you this is brilliant, I hate the premade houses - (the flooring is really dark wood/not enough lighting/bathrooms in weird places/odd furniture/house and garden plantitis - too many plants!) I am going to have a developer sim and flip those premade houses thank you!!
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »

LOL, that made me giggle! And for that is one really quick way to get all of your household items removed!
  • Options
    Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    Trick 3 works even if you don't bulldoze the lot. You can just save the lot to your library then click the popup that asks if you want to view it (I can't remember exactly what it says) then hit the download button and choose place unfurnished.

I don't know exactly how much time this will save, but it cuts out a couple of steps (bulldozing the lot and opening your full library) so should save at least a little on less powerful computers.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Good idea. If I did this with a sim, for a gameplay idea like mentioned above, I would keep the furniture in the house initially, and sell them through build mode for the extra sum of money, then used to redecorate the house.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »

I laughed way too hard at that.

Anyway, those are some great ideas, but I find it extremely satisfying to go around with that sledgehammer and clicking on things to remove them.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I would just go with step 3, myself. Seems faster in the long run.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SapphireKaiSapphireKai Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks everyone, makes me feel way better about doing what I have been lol My husband doesn't get it!

also this:
    Trick 3 works even if you don't bulldoze the lot. You can just save the lot to your library then click the popup that asks if you want to view it (I can't remember exactly what it says) then hit the download button and choose place unfurnished.

I don't know exactly how much time this will save, but it cuts out a couple of steps (bulldozing the lot and opening your full library) so should save at least a little on less powerful computers.

This is gonna save me hours over the next week! Thank you!

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Thanks everyone, makes me feel way better about doing what I have been lol My husband doesn't get it!

also this:

This is gonna save me hours over the next week! Thank you!

That's what I do just save and download unfurnished again. Easy.
  • Options
    lolsim8lolsim8 Posts: 8 New Member
    I move a random Sim in and select unfurnished in the purchase option. Or if a townie is already in the house, move them out to a random lot and select keep furniture. Second method will clutter up their household inventory if you're intending to move them back in though. So I'll usually sell furniture and move my builder Sim in - useful to have a Sim on lot for changing light colours anyway.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Best way is to just move a random sim in and select unfurnished on the purchase screen. Then the house will still be there but the furniture wont.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    These methods are not always smoothly working if you have a house that has items moved up with 9 - 0, cause they are technically not on a surface. Whenever I use that hold and drag method, it always removes windows/door and walls if I drag it too far, so I still end up dragging like 50 times in the entire house.
    Also unfurnishing a lot does not help when builders use furniture objects as build decor which I love, so yeah.. can't think of a better option in these cases.
    Maybe if they could let us unfurnish PER room, it would be more useful.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, if I had to do that, I'd save the lot to My Library, open My Library, and place the same lot. It will ask wether I want to put it down furnished or unfurnished. I choose the latter option. And now I have the lot unfurnished!
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    The fastest way with residental lots is moving a sim in and then out again. All furniture are sold when the last sim moves out.