Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want picnics back

I have one of my Sims going to University and there's all this beautiful green and flowers there and open spots so it would be perfect for a picnic it sure is beautiful in the University Town in spring so that's why I really want picnics back
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Absolutely supporting this. was playing Sims 3 some days ago and it really added to the feel of going to parks and beaches.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • HallgerdHallgerd Posts: 43 Member
    Indeed, I completely forgot about the picknik basket. It was so cute. I would like this basket to come back.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    They wanted to add in romantic garden stuff but they couldn't get the animations down at the time and I know they've progressed a lot in what they can do now so maybe they'll add the basket sometime soon
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2020
    Totally. I love take my sims exploring every nook and cranny out of the neighborhoods. It's a bummer they didn't have many places to take a break (and eat), not to mention even their BFFs can't tag along. Social life's absent for my sims for the most of it :neutral:
    AxxYIX4.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    This is a MUST!!!! I REALLY hope we get this someday .
    I have made some of the most beautiful gardens
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited June 2020
    It would also be a great addition to family play, outdoor retreat snd dating if there were slight variations of picnics. Children and toddlers would need to be included!
    Becka28 wrote: »
    It would also be a great addition to family play, outdoor retreat snd dating if there were slight variations of picnics. Children and toddlers would need to be included!

I agree different picnics would give it more depth great idea @Becka28 :)
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Totally. I love take my sims exploring every nook and cranny out of the neighborhoods. It's a bummer they didn't have many places to take a break (and eat), not to mention even their BFFs can't tag along. Social life's absent for my sims for the most of it :neutral:

I think the food stalls help with this kind of gameplay, but they're definitely not the same as the picnic basket.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I also want the picnic basket back!
    MTS_Arsil-1503335-scr2.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020

Oh in Granite Falls it'ld be so good!
    telmarina wrote: »

Oh in Granite Falls it'ld be so good!

I know right
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They wanted to add in romantic garden stuff but they couldn't get the animations down at the time and I know they've progressed a lot in what they can do now so maybe they'll add the basket sometime soon
    Now this is something that would have made Romantic Garden worth it the ugly wishing well is such a horrible main item for a pack. They did mention going back and adding things into older pack seeing as you said they could not finish the animations in time and it was planned at some point to be in this pack they really should add it I'm sure people who did not buy it because of no interest in a wishing well would just for the picnic basket alone.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Now this is something that would have made Romantic Garden worth it the ugly wishing well is such a horrible main item for a pack. They did mention going back and adding things into older pack seeing as you said they could not finish the animations in time and it was planned at some point to be in this pack they really should add it I'm sure people who did not buy it because of no interest in a wishing well would just for the picnic basket alone.

I think they will put it in a romance gp or ep
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I'd like it if they made the basket with the option to cook and add whatever meals you like in the basket. I think adding a bottle of nectar or a thermos of coffee would be cools too.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I'd like it if they made the basket with the option to cook and add whatever meals you like in the basket. I think adding a bottle of nectar or a thermos of coffee would be cools too.

that would be great
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    Yes I want picnics back too, I hope they make the sims sit on the floor for the picnics
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    Yes I want picnics back too, I hope they make the sims sit on the floor for the picnics

me to
    I wonder if this will be in the next ep
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I would love picnics back
    it would work real well with a romance pack
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Definitely! It would be so cute in Sulani too!
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yep, I second that! These little fun things to do should be the base of a simulation game. Sims barely do things together.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so want picnics back.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    We got the 2 cooler baskets in Outdoor Retreat which I use all the time, putting them in my Sims' inventories. You can sit on them as well but I'd like that picnic cloth to come back. I suppose we were supposed to use the "Tarp" which is in the carpet category.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    The cooler in Outdoor Retreat is fine, but its really limited in terms of food and drink options. It could be upgraded to add more food items and used as a portable mini fridge with the addition of purchasable ice or power plug in option, which would be great for picnics, travelling e.g. jungle adventures, off the grid lots, the beach, hidden worlds or in student accommodation. I'm surprised the devs haven't thought of it already.