This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

100+ New Skin Tones and Makeup Sliders Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,406 Member
    Welp, there goes all my skins and cc makeup. :s
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    The only thing I am mad about is that they could have given us sliders all this time, but they decided to do it 6 years later. If sliders are possible today they were possible when they were developing the game but they decided to do the bare minimum.

it's also such a big coincidence that they're choosing to update skin tones when the black lives matter gained traction and also when white simmers began to talk about it and get on them to change it. not when we made a fuss about it back when the update was made a few years ago. I just wonder their reason for updating this now when they could have done it with cats and dogs
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    simgraves wrote: »
    The only thing I am mad about is that they could have given us sliders all this time, but they decided to do it 6 years later. If sliders are possible today they were possible when they were developing the game but they decided to do the bare minimum.

it's also such a big coincidence that they're choosing to update skin tones when the black lives matter gained traction and also when white simmers began to talk about it and get on them to change it. not when we made a fuss about it back when the update was made a few years ago. I just wonder their reason for updating this now when they could have done it with cats and dogs

@simgraves Yeah. I think that also has to do with the big Gamechangers speaking up, which to be honest are also all white. And you know how much they respect GC opinions.
    Yeah but I have yet to see popular black Gamechangers or Sims Youtubers in general. Except, there is that girl that is getting pretty popular but she makes more critical videos, so I don't think she's a Gamechanger. Can't remember what she's called right now, but I've seen some of her videos on the Sims 4.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member

@simgraves Yeah. I think that also has to do with the big Gamechangers speaking up, which to be honest are also all white. And you know how much they respect GC opinions.
    Yeah but I have yet to see popular black Gamechangers or Sims Youtubers in general. Except, there is that girl that is getting pretty popular but she makes more critical videos, so I don't think she's a Gamechanger. Can't remember what she's called right now, but I've seen some of her videos on the Sims 4.

SimmerErin? She's like the new Pixelade now that Pixelade wants to be a game changer.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited September 2020

SimmerErin? She's like the new Pixelade now that Pixelade wants to be a game changer.

Oh no I meant a black Youtuber, sorry I didn't clarify. But yes I watch SimmerErin, she's fun. I never watch Pixelade
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member

Pixelade has been amazingly critical of EA/Maxis. Have you watched his star wars videos? Also in almost every video I've watched recently he's calling EA out about how long it's taken to address skin tones as well as babies and other things gamers want.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

There is at least one GoC (Game Changer Of Color ;) ). She got her Sim Self in the Get Famous trailer together with James and Deli and...? (don't remember who else).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Not only do they have to work with genetics they have to work well with the tanning system from Island Living. So I assume that’s why we have to wait til December for the new lot.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Pixelade has been amazingly critical of EA/Maxis. Have you watched his star wars videos? Also in almost every video I've watched recently he's calling EA out about how long it's taken to address skin tones as well as babies and other things gamers want.

I don’t know if you’re on Twitter but I had to block him, because he’s nothing but a bully on there, he’s not at all a nice person.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    I sure wish they would fix the baby skintones too. It's so weird to have two ghostly-white-skinned parents have an average Caucasian baby. It would also be weird to have two ebony-skinned parents have a cocoa-colored baby.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    edited September 2020

I don’t know if you’re on Twitter but I had to block him, because he’s nothing but a bully on there, he’s not at all a nice person.

I stay away from Twitter because it is toxic in and of itself, the bulk of people on that site show a different and unhealthy side of their selves.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

There is at least one GoC (Game Changer Of Color ;) ). She got her Sim Self in the Get Famous trailer together with James and Deli and...? (don't remember who else).
    I know of four, Xmiramira, SpringSims, BrysGamingStory, and Zylria.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

If the reports are true that the first contestants on Sims Sparkd were Game Changers (because of being a known quantity in performing on camera) there were at least 3: SpringSims, Xmiramira, and a third one I can't remember off the top of my head (she was on Team Freezer Bunny, the first team to get eliminated). Mira's been pretty popular mainly because of her quality CC skins for Sims of Color.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    So, this is genuinely good news, and also sadly the only good news in the last year.

Now fix personalities. And I don't say that being flippant, this geninely feels like an actual HUGE step in the right direction.
    (Edit: as for the "two base game hairstyles"... I assume they mean "Large Potato" and "Not large potato"?)

Which ones are large potato and not large potato?

The large afro and small afro, they have been ridiculed and hated by Simmers of color since release.

its not just simmers of color everyone can see that needs an update
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    This is great news, and we get sliders? Wonderful.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited September 2020
    logion wrote: »
    adduapina wrote: »
    Oh man the hair colours we have are gonna look so bad after all these new skin tones >.<

Otherwise, yay!

That's a good point actually. I wonder how well the default hair colors are going to look with the new skin tones.

Well. Considering we get +100 new skin tones with sliders and have access to a total of 18 hair colors (children, ofc have all 9) it doesn't sound good haha :'D

origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    Oh man the hair colours we have are gonna look so bad after all these new skin tones >.<

Otherwise, yay!

Jupp, that is a fair point.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I know of four, Xmiramira, SpringSims, BrysGamingStory, and Zylria.

OshinSims
    Simsfan923
    EbonixSims
    DeeSims
    itsmeTroi
    HeyHarrie
    crypticsim
    KawaiiStacie
    savvvysweet
    MmmKhayy
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Are makeup sliders going to be for changing opacity?
  • Options
    Are makeup sliders going to be for changing opacity?

I assume so. Which would be a very good addon. Especially since I basically find all highlights and rouges too powerful in the game.
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2020
    Grynn wrote: »
    Yubell wrote: »
    Great. but why has it taken this long? they shouldn't have to be told to be inclusive. I'm not going to sit here and praise them for something that should've been in the base game 6 YEARS AGO. If it wasn't for the BLM movement and the backlash they'd have never even bothered to do it.

Thanks but I'm bored.

I will praise them for delivering things that fans asked, even if little by little as long as they eventually get the game right, otherwise what's the point of even asking for stuff? it's just complaining for the sake of complaining then.

This has been a consistent problem for a very long time. they've only now bothered to add it because of the backlash, they've shown time and time again that they do not care for your feedback, if they really cared at all about our feedback we wouldn't have had to wait years on end for content that should've been in the base game; all the while they pump out packs no one asked for. I wrote my comment because I'm fed up with everyone congratulating and worshiping EA for giving us content we should've had years ago. You're all entitled to your opinions, whether you agree or disagree with me or whether or not you're excited, congratulations I wish I held your optimism. That this rate it'll be another 10 years before we finally get a good pack.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Cool I guess. I already have skin mods. I hope this update doesn't break all of my cc.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,539 Member
    edited September 2020
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I sure wish they would fix the baby skintones too. It's so weird to have two ghostly-white-skinned parents have an average Caucasian baby. It would also be weird to have two ebony-skinned parents have a cocoa-colored baby.

I reeeally hope this update includes babies. To update to all those skintones and then just have the same basic three (four?) skins tones for babies would be a tragedy.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,576 Member
    Simmers: skintones, skintones we want better skintones, representation, we shouldn’t have to rely on CC!

EA: we’ll give you 100 + new skintones plus sliders.

Simmers: no no keep your 100+ skintones they’ll break our CC!

🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Simmers: skintones, skintones we want better skintones, representation, we shouldn’t have to rely on CC!

EA: we’ll give you 100 + new skintones plus sliders.

Simmers: no no keep your 100+ skintones they’ll break our CC!

🤷🏻‍♂️

Not the same Simmers tho.