Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Frieze placement

PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
I am away from my pc and playing sims 4 on PS4. Is there a way to place one frieze or trim at a time? I have googled and searched this forum with no answers. I also do not have a keyboard with me. If anyone can help really appreciate it.

ETA: My dad had a wireless k & m set I could use. Guessing by the lack of response it probably is not possibly to place one frieze at a time.

Gallery ID Pickledtiara
Post edited by Pickledtiara on

Comments

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2020
    Depends how the house is built. Freezes normally apply to how the structure is connected. If what you’re saying is exactly what I am imagining of your issue.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    I understand how friezes and trim work. On pc I know you can press the shift key to turn off auto placement, controller does not seem to have an alternative like pressing two buttons together. The control layout provided in-game is pretty basic, figured someone here might know like how you can move the eaves on roofs.The keyboard worked out and building was easier but it is a shame that console does not have a way to do this feature.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I didn’t know that hm... interesting. Considering I’ve never played with the keyboard and mouse. Learn something new! Glad everything worked out for you. Sometimes it’s hard to grasp an issue in primarily text.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The friezes and trims seem to run inside a structure when placing them while playing on the PS4. Now I was told by someone else that if you box in the exterior walls of a house. Then that should take care of that issue. But I haven't had much success with that work around lately. I find that it's best to just not place friezes and trims when building in Sims 4 as a work around these days. That is until the team can find a solution to this clipping issue.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    The friezes and trims seem to run inside a structure when placing them while playing on the PS4. Now I was told by someone else that if you box in the exterior walls of a house. Then that should take care of that issue. But I haven't had much success with that work around lately. I find that it's best to just not place friezes and trims when building in Sims 4 as a work around these days. That is until the team can find a solution to this clipping issue.

If you run the room tool around the entire room you don't want trim inside, it's supposed to work. I haven't tried it out lately so I don't know if a patch might of broke it or something. I know it's tricky to get to work with loft type builds. I wish we could just place it wall by wall. I know you can with a mouse and keyboard I believe, but not with controller.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    It's been a bit strange for a while and I find doesn't always work on PS4 anyway. It seems to always place and then vanish later on.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

If you run the room tool around the entire room you don't want trim inside, it's supposed to work. I haven't tried it out lately so I don't know if a patch might of broke it or something. I know it's tricky to get to work with loft type builds. I wish we could just place it wall by wall. I know you can with a mouse and keyboard I believe, but not with controller.
    I believe that it was set up that it would work either way. But I know for certain that it doesn't on the PS4 version with a controller. I wish that we can place them wall by wall too.