Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Have you NOT done?

Comments

• CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Way too many things to list. I don't have all the packs, but even not including those there is so much I have to explore. I bought several GPs and SPs 50% off a few weeks ago and haven't played with those much yet.

I started building only while I waited for the JTB patch and kind of got addicted to it. My newest pack, City Living, was gifted to me, but aside from my test sim attending the flea market, I haven't played that world yet.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I haven't visted most of the 'special' lots -- Sixam and the like -- with the exception of one that's just a pond or whatever. I haven't operated a business or vet -- technically I did own a business but I could never get staff to show up, so I stopped bothering.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    not bought the star wars game pack
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I always check these list to see if there actually is something I haven't done or explored yet in game but there isn't, its always things I have tried :neutral:, I've done all I can think of apart from EL and SW (as well as knitting) for the simple reason that I don't have those packs yet.

But I feel I have literally tried everything several times. I have done all aspirations and career so many times I even know most steps in them. And don't even get me started on traits. I have used all of them many many times... I guess I'm in need of something new :p Hoping for a good sale soon, they are usually decent in the fall.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I've played with most of the things people have listed on here so far so my list isn't too big.

I've Never:

- Played as a vet
    - Owned a restaurant
    - Finished every career and aspiration (but I have finished most of them)
    - Played a pre-made family (although I have married them into my families)
    - Tried every N.A.P
    - Finished every collection
    - Played with any of the pet obstacle course stuff
    - Had a kid become friends with the monster under the bed
    - Had a sim gain lightning powers
    - Had a toddler playdate
    - Tried to woo or have a baby with Father Winter or the island elementals

There's probably more but this is all I can think of right now.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Oh I aspire to make such a list. I wouldn't know all the things that can be done, so would not know where to start.
    Here are some things I could think of for now which I also aspire to do at some point:

- Haven't played two of the active careers: scientist and detective
    - Haven't owned my own restaurant, vet or clothing store
    - Haven't adopted a baby/kid yet
    - Haven't explored creating the different cats/dogs breeds from CAS to add in my household
    - Haven't played with Island living
    - Haven't played with DU
    - Haven't played with Eco lifestyle
    - Haven't played with Nifty Knitting
    - Haven't used the rocket ship EVER!
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Hard to mention it all. I have a list with 1049 features of all packs and base game (except for SW, that i don't own) and i have explored something like only 100 features by now... i have so much yet to do...

Ok, I may have asked you this before or it was someone else, but could I get this list from you and where did you find all the pack features? Or did you just cracked your brain for those :p
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Never used the cupcake thing from BG. I always mean to try it but I forget it even exist. Does it take up a whole room? Or is it like something you place on the counters?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Never used the cupcake thing from BG. I always mean to try it but I forget it even exist. Does it take up a whole room? Or is it like something you place on the counters?
    @SelinaKyles
    The cupcake machine is huge, 3x3 tiles. But it’s one of my favorite objects. I normally hide it in the basement.

If you have Get to Work, advancing the baking skill adds a lot of recipes to it, otherwise I think it just makes cupcakes. Some of the things it makes (cupcakes, muffins) can be eaten with no dirty dish at the end. Many things like the bagels last a long time out of the fridge, so it’s an easy thing to leave out for toddlers or just in general.

I like it a lot, though mainly just for sims who really like to cook.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    @SelinaKyles
    The cupcake machine is huge, 3x3 tiles. But it’s one of my favorite objects. I normally hide it in the basement.

If you have Get to Work, advancing the baking skill adds a lot of recipes to it, otherwise I think it just makes cupcakes. Some of the things it makes (cupcakes, muffins) can be eaten with no dirty dish at the end. Many things like the bagels last a long time out of the fridge, so it’s an easy thing to leave out for toddlers or just in general.

This is how you increase the baking skill!! I’ve never increased that 😳 never knew how! Now I gotta make sure to try it out. Thanks for the insight!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @SelinaKyles

This is how you increase the baking skill!! I’ve never increased that 😳 never knew how! Now I gotta make sure to try it out. Thanks for the insight!
    You can bake with the regular stove, too, but the recipes are not the same as with the cupcake machine. Have fun!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    @SelinaKyles

I might use it for the very first time this time since one of my Sims will be a do-it-all-maker. So why not a baker? (too)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Finished an active career completely. I get bored with them. The work from home jobs are more enjoyable.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Finished an active career completely. I get bored with them. The work from home jobs are more enjoyable.

The only one I like is the scientist; it is fun mostly because of the gadgets; if you play a Mad Scientist (tm) it is very beneficial.
    Plus freeze-raying Vlad when he comes "visit" is always fun.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Like many others have said, there are zillions of things in the game to do. That's what makes it so diverse and enjoyable for people to play what interest's them and ignore what doesn't.

To be fair to the topic, I've made a small list of a few things I've been meaning to do that I haven't yet:

1) Played DU and that world at all (Doh!)
    2) Played the Jungle Adventure or the Strangerville Adventure
    3) Gone to Sixam or the Magic realm
    4) Gone to that secret place in Willow Creek
    5) Yeah, haven't grown a cowplant yet, that thing creeps me out, lol!

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I have yet to play as a mermaid.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'm actually making an effort with my current large multigenerational rotational save to use as much of the content as possible. But many things I haven't done yet because the sims that will do them aren't old enough yet or there hasn't been an opportunity. These include:

Own a restaurant
    Own a retail business
    Collect and assemble relics from the jungle (I've put together one or two but not fully explored the system)
    Most of the Eco Lifestyle content since I bought it so recently
    Played a freelance writer, programmer or photographer
    Intentionally bred pets (one litter of kittens came from a roaming female cat)
    Been to Sixam
    Made ambrosia to raise a sim from the dead
    Had a vampire emotionally overload a sim
    Given a sim any of the traits that came with Eco Lifestyle or Island Living. I've either given or played a premade/townie that came with every other trait except noncomittal, because you can't give that at the teen stage.

And there are a lot of things I haven't finished:

I have started at least one branch of every career, but only finished Detective, Food and Art Critic, Actor, Mixologist and Stylist.
    I have only finished the Serial Romantic, Big Happy Family, Strangerville Mystery, Master Chef and Vampire Family aspirations, but I have enough sims in my first three generations to get all of them.
    I have only had sims die of old age, cold, cowplant, lightning, and diving with sharks.
    I have not had a sim with more than three fame stars yet, other than briefly playing Brytani Cho. So I haven't used most of the fame perks.
    I have not had every skill maxed out by someone in my game yet.
    I haven't had RoM long so I have never had a high level spell caster or used most of the spells and potions.
    I haven't had money vault or sleeping pod woohoo, but I think I have the rest covered of the packs I own.
    Fully trained a dog.
    Finished a single collection (I came within one of completing the fish once though)
    Fully trained a Voidcritter (not time on normal lifespan if only children can use them so they have to pass them down)
    Had a sim grow up with all red or all green Parenthood traits (3/5 in the red was a lot of effort so I may not try again, but his sister should be able to get 5/5 green).

And a few things I just haven't gotten to yet:

Talking to a toilet
    Selling at the flea market
    Money vaults
    Most of the diving options in IL
    Planned events on the calendar
    Grounding or Time out discipline options
    Set a curfew for teens
    Had a sim learn to give massages on a massage table
    Ice cream maker - though I do have a restaurant with all the ice cream flavors on the dessert menu
    Maxed any of the base game part time careers - my teens never get enough work days before they age up on normal lifespan
    Turned a sim into a Plantsim
    Used a sleeping pod
    Had any relationship with my sims' landlord.
    A lot of ghost interactions because I have only had the ghost household for 1.5 rotations.

I do not own DU, Batuu, Tiny Living or Knitting.
    I am way more prepared for this question than most. I have a notebook to record this stuff as I go.
  • MissClairelyMissClairely Posts: 15 Member
    I keep trying to get into Jungle Adventure but then I get there, have to waste a ton of money on items that seem to indicate my sim will probaby die in the jungle, and I always end up just leaving. It sucks, cause the jungle seems interesting but fighting bats and bugs isn't my idea of a good time lol.

Never finished Strangerville either.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

The only one I like is the scientist; it is fun mostly because of the gadgets; if you play a Mad Scientist (tm) it is very beneficial.
    Plus freeze-raying Vlad when he comes "visit" is always fun.
    I like Vlad though, but I do have fun freezing Summer Holiday because of her name. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I don't own Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, or Star Wars so my list only includes the EPs and Packs that I do own.

Aspirations that I haven't done are Friend of the Animals, Public Enemy, Successful Lineage, Big Happy Family, Super Parent, Serial Romantic, Party Animal, Leader of the Pack.

Careers that I haven't done are athlete, criminal, politician, or style influencer. I had a Sim start the doctor career but didn't finish it because it was tedious. I plan to have a Sim become an Oracle in the Criminal career someday.

Traits that I haven't used are romantic, un-flirty, cat lover, childish, dog lover, erratic. paranoid, squeamish, family-oriented, hates children, insider, jealous, vegetarian, and non-commital. I avoided these traits after dealing with either a pre-made or a townie that had them.

None of my Sims has owned a pet or a retail business, had a formal wedding, or had a party.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Oh my gosh I haven't touched the majority of the content lol 😂

Some highlights

1) I've never played with Aliens/PlantSims/Mermaids/Servos/Enchantment Society.
    2) I've never been to any of the hidden lots.
    3) Ive never ran a restaurant or visited a Spa that was premade.
    4) There are so many skills that I have barely touched or even mastered
    5) I haven't intentionally visited Sulani yet.
    6) I have barely touched any of the social events.
    7) I haven't gotten any of the negative traits from Parenthood.
    8) I've yet to live in: Oasis Springs/Magnolia Promenade/Brindleton Bay/ Del Sol Valley to name a few.
    9) I haven't mastered barely any of the aspirations.
    10) I have not touched the Acting Career or Fame.

I probably have missed talking about a lot of things big and small hahahah 😂
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    I have not:

- Owned a retail store
    - Make it to level 10 in ANY of the GTW Careers
    - Build a family with an alien sim.
    - Used the magic well for my sims
    - Play as and evil, mean sim and try to make enemies (it makes me feel like a crummy person)
    - Own a successful Restaurant
    - Go back and finish exploring all of the Jungle (I loved this but I never make return visits)
    - Collect bugs for herbalist
    - Own or even work on being a vet
    - allow my sims to die, naturally
    - Kill Vlad or turn him into a human
    - Make anything out of Lilith Vatore
    - Stay consistent with checking to see with whom Eliza Pancakes had an affair with.
    - Get perfect plants in my garden
    - Finish the conservation of Sulani
    - Finish the Strangerville story
    - Complete most aspirations without cheating (to be fair, I literally did this when stuck thanks to a bug)
    - Make a Super Sim and breed them with another such sim
    - Worked a good chunk of the other careers, especially business.
    - Played with one of the established premades of the game (Does Travis choose between Liberty and Summer?)
    - Build a mansion (I suck at landscaping)
    - Master the arts of sorcery (I heard there's a bug with that too).
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    What I haven't done..... well, despite buying every pack (accept that starwars one) I haven't turned my sims game on in months
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I haven't played the 26 Alphabetical Legacy Achievement Challenge. I find it's hard to have the family in only one lot. Is there an easier way to play it?
  • MissClairelyMissClairely Posts: 15 Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > I haven't played the 26 Alphabetical Legacy Achievement Challenge. I find it's hard to have the family in only one lot. Is there an easier way to play it?

When it comes to stuff like that, I just "cheat" when the need arises. Some challenges have dumb rules. You're playing for you, so you decide which ones to break!

In other news, this thread has inspired me. Finally went and built my first bakery, which I decided was gonna be run by a witch. But then she needed help because her bakery got super busy, so I made a younger spellcaster move in with her as a room mate, getting a free place to sleep, some magical training, and all-you-can-eat baked goods in exchange for helping at the bakery, because we can't afford employees yet. Naturally, the ladies needed a house, so after building a mini-apartment on their retail lot for a quick nap/shower/etc, I went to their home lot and got busy building an enchanted townhouse. I've never built in Glimmerbrook before or really had much of a reason to use the RoM build stuff, but I got so inspired this time for some reason! Built my first vaulted glass ceiling, which took forever but I was pretty proud of it by the end. Used MOO and debug plants from Sixam to make it look like we have a supernatural garden, and flower blossoms are levitating above the cauldron in the master bedroom, which looks really cool when it's in use. Also used MOO to make some lanterns appear to levitate.

The younger witch, Celestine, lived on the streets in her youth so she's had kind of a rough upbringing. But she's also become an excellent forager/collector, and has a natural talent for herbalism and gardening (whereas Honey, the bakery owner, tends to focus more on cooking, baking, and potion-brewing). I decided as a reward for her hard work the first week, Honey would take Celestine to Granite Falls for the weekend, so they could get to know each other and Celestine would have an opportunity to collect some rare or unique items for her herbal brews. Naturally, I am an idiot, and didn't check the weather forecast. They were renting an empty lot with tents I threw down on it, and it immediately started pouring rain...and continued to for the next 3 days. By the time the sun came out, it was time to return to Glimmerbrook and get back to the bakery. Maybe next time!

I'm trying to incorporate a lot of stuff I've never done before in TS4 into this playthrough, so suggestions are welcome, as there's so much of this game I haven't played with. Anybody got any tips for making Selvadorada not miserable? My sims are permanently tense and stressed out/upset no matter what stuff I buy to protect them from the elements. I get that ancient cursed ruins are spooky or whatever but I'd love to be able to walk two feet without my sim being poisoned or set on fire. Seems like the kind of place that would be fun to explore with some sims you don't really "care" about...but after 3 hours in CAS, I can't help but get attached to each one I make.

Heck, even at Granite Falls, Honey lit the firepit (manually, not with magic, and both she and Celestine have 6+ cooking skill) and it immediately caught fire to her and the surrounding chairs. In the rain. It took a waterfall-in-a-bottle I had leftover from Selvadorada to put her out. I know roughin' it is supposed to be, well, rough, but I've yet to find a vacation world that isn't constantly trying to kill me, unless you count Batuu. Lately I just take my sims to a beach in Sulani and call it vacation, hahaha. The "vacation worlds" kinda suck IMO.

Anyway, neither of the girls have any romantic interests, though there are a pair of very good looking siblings living next door to them (pssst...they're aliens!) that seem to love the bakery, and come over to visit often. Honey -- the outgoing, cheerful bakery-owner -- strikes me as bi. Celestine, however, is a smol shy bean and she's giving me girls-only vibes if you know what I mean. Can't decide if I should have her and Honey get with the cute aliens next door, or...have them get with each other. That's one thing I've yet to do in this game -- have two female sims date and/or marry -- though I've done it plenty in previous Sims games (and real life, lol).

...y'all done any destination weddings yet? I'm scared lmao.