Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Feel About An Online Sims Game?

13...Next

Comments

• Tunny1200Tunny1200 Posts: 18 Member
    No
    Definite NO from me. I have absolutely zero interest in playing with other people in my sims game, so if sims 5 was purely online I would not buy in and I have been playing sims from the first day it started.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    No
    An online Sims game would not be a Sims game (before you come at me, I'm talking about the mainline franchise. The Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4 and nothing else)
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    If you feel to need to play a online game there are plenty choices. Leave the Sims alone.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    No
    No, this is a game I like to play alone. If I want to play with others there's plenty of MP games out there.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    No
    No way. Maxis tried this with Sim City and it failed. History will repeat itself.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2020
    No
    I won't play it. I'm not sure I'd buy a new Sims at this point anyway.

In order for Sims 5 to sell, it really needs a radically different base than previous games. My guess is Sims 5 will either be on line or be VR or perhaps both. What it also will be is a new base game missing tons of features. I'd far prefer remasters of their old games at this point.

Edit: I bet you anything it will be on Frostbite as well. EA seems to want everything on it. That will make modding, well, not so accessible. They'll probably want the audience from consoles, though, over PC players.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    I think it would be cool, but only if it was a separate thing to the main game.

Then again they've missed the boat on that one as the online virtual world sector has sadly completely died out. I used to love tons of games like that but sadly every single one went bust in 2016-2018. If they released an online game like that in 2012 it would've been a massive success, but now not so much as times have sadly changed and the demands gone.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    No
    Absolutely not! I may like you as a person, but I do not want you in my game.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No
    Since almost no one wants this, it will probably be the first thing they do.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    No
    I don't play well with others.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    No
    No,I like my sims for myself. >:)
  • CinnisimsCinnisims Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes
    I just wanted to say I Voted "Yes".... but here's my suggestion how it could be done if possible. If they could make it where we can host our own world like how Minecraft has it, than it gives us the player the control of who can be in our world and EA could also have their own site of servers that players can join, but know it won't have much in restrictions in who is in the world. These worlds should have a limited amount of players in each world with a rule set of what is allowed and if a player hasn't been log in for certain amount time, than know they'll be removed, so new players can join. This idea of online play should be optional, but still have it where we solo play as well.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    No
    Cinnisims wrote: »
    I just wanted to say I Voted "Yes".... but here's my suggestion how it could be done if possible. If they could make it where we can host our own world like how Minecraft has it, than it gives us the player the control of who can be in our world and EA could also have their own site of servers that players can join, but know it won't have much in restrictions in who is in the world. These worlds should have a limited amount of players in each world with a rule set of what is allowed and if a player hasn't been log in for certain amount time, than know they'll be removed, so new players can join. This idea of online play should be optional, but still have it where we solo play as well.

I think the only way I would accept an "online game" is if it were optional to play whether I'm connected or not. I would be fine if they made it optional for you to invite your friends to your world, but I don't want my friends to have access to my world beyond scheduled meetups. I would also be ok with there being a handful of community lots that players could choose to visit for online social events. However, it still has to be optional, and I wouldn't want those community lots to be my only option for getting my sims out of their house. I would want normal community lots populated by NPCs that other players can't visit in my game and wouldn't require an internet connection.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    No
    Absolutely not. I don't like it that I have to have online access to start the game to begin with (since then I can't play the Sims if we've had a power and internet outage and only the power has come back on. That happened a lot last summer.) But even more so, I don't want to interact in the game with other Simmers. If I want to interact with other Simmers, I do it in a forum, not in the game. Also, I prefer to have my game modded and to use cheats when I feel like it. In other "online" games, that seems to be something that isn't approved of (even when you play by yourself).

I play Minecraft sometimes too, but the few times I've played with other players, it's been nasty because their playing style was so counter to how I want to play it even when we discussed it ahead of time. I'm not a fan of that at all!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Unsure
    If it's completely optional (you have the choice between online world or pure sandbox), I'd be open to the notion for those players who want the online experience. I'd be strictly sandbox mode, personally.

But there are hazards to consider. Suppose we get an online game, then there's an expansion. What if you don't want/can't afford the expansion? How will you be able to play with part of the world closed off to you? The developers will also have to take player preferences into greater account -- likely we wouldn't be able to get vampires/magic users/other types of occults because a small but vocal segment of the community would complain. With the current game, we get complaints but there's an easy solution...folks can skip that particular pack if they don't want the occult content. And as someone mentioned, there would likely be no mods (and certainly not the more "adult" mods out there), so it's going to be a pretty tame vanilla.

One of the issues with the final SimCity is that it forced players into online play; there was no optional Sandbox mode. They did finally add sandbox down the line, but the damage had already been done. The beauty of SimCity (and by extension The Sims) is that you could play your own game of "what if" without interference from outside forces. You might build the perfect city, then trigger disaster after disaster just for the challenge of rebuilding and making it even better. That's different than if some "griefer" comes along and trashes your city because they think it's fun to ruin someone else's joy. (I have friends who have been active in Second Life; one of them built a beautiful tribute to the World Trade Center after 9/11/01, but so many griefers trashed it that he had to take it down.) :'(
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I think it could be fun but the game would need to be stable and not laggy which is something I feel like they can’t do.

I don’t see myself using that kind of feature often as I don’t really want to play with strangers and all my friends are either broke and can’t afford a proper gaming computer or don’t play the Sims.

But somehow I feel like the Sim’s 5 biggest feature will be online multiplayer. I can only hope that they improve on everything that bring the Sims 4 down.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    No
    The Sims (until TS4, which became unplayable for me due to lack of depth) was my escape from other people in the world. I do not wish to interact with any other real people when I play the game, no, no, no. I'm not sure if you know this, but other people can be quite annoying.