Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else not play with supernaturals at all?

13...Next

Comments

• ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    In previous Sims (Sims 1 - 3), I didn't really play with supernaturals much. I got excited about them and wanted to play with them at first, but as soon as I started to play, my interest fizzled quickly. I recall being really excited about aliens in Sims 2 because of the male pregnancy (for whatever reasons, I didn't want to use mods for that). I recall thinking that fairies, mermaids and witches were cool but not vampires, zombies or werewolves. But still, when I played, I played human sims more often than supernaturals.

I also don't like that in Sims 3, your Sims can be very famous simply by skilling up. Lvl 10 in cooking? NPCs would fall all over themselves trying to date your Sims. Lvl 10 in guitar? Random free stuffs! And maybe because my computer choked, I found that I was unable to progress far in Sims 3 acting/entertainment careers and I just gave up.

That said, Get to Work was the first expansion pack I purchased (early 2019). Not for the aliens but for the careers. And I love the careers, I played them multiple times. I also love that in Sims 4, male pregnancy is now a CAS option so I don't have to wait for the aliens. I did raise one alien baby a while back just to experience it but nowadays, if my Sims got impregnated by aliens, I sent the babies back asap. So yeah, I still don't play with aliens much.

I do not have Sims 4 Vampire pack. I wasn't going to purchase it and Magical Realm until recently. I'm slowly changing my mind about supernaturals and celebrities.

I waited until this year (2020) to purchase Island Living, Magical Realm and Get Famous. I haven't had the time to play Island Living yet, but I have started to play Get Famous. I like Get famous so far. I like that my Sims can opt out of the fame system. I like that they have to do more than just skilling in order to be famous. And I absolutely love the acting career. I love getting my sims into makeup, hair and costumes for their gigs and I truly enjoy the stage setup that the game generates. Please Devs - if you're reading this - more 'bring your Sims to work" careers!

I also just started playing Magical Realm. So far I do like the build/buy items. Yesterday, I have turned one Sim heir into a spellcaster. I still have far to go but I think the new progression system will keep my interest longer than before. And I absolutely love the familiars! Am going to collect them all! The new progression system also makes me wonder if I should purchase the Vampire pack.

TL/DR: I don't usually play supernaturals or celebrities, but Sims 4 is slowly changing my mind.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I play Supernatural all the time. When my daughter & I first discovered Sims 3 back in 2011, we just loved the Genies that came with Showtime & the Vampires that came with Nightlife. And finally,
    Fairies & Werewolves in Supernatural. They were fun.

Now that my daughter is grown & has her own place, both her & I are Sims 4 players. We both enjoy having a Vampire & Spellcaster households.

I personality make my own Hybrids using the cheat codes. I always need to start with Vampires to make sure my sim has the powers I want,
    then I add the Spellcaster, Alien & sometimes even the Mermaid.

However, I still miss Fairies, Genies & Werewolves.
    So, I got the Sims 3 Starter Pack with
    Showtime & Supernatural just to play them.
    My daughter even got it for herself.
    We both kept thinking that we should have kept the original Sims 3 but we never thought we would want to play it again especially when the old game always freezed up. But for some weird thing Sims 3 no longer freezes up.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I almost never play supernaturals. That's just something that does not interest me. I play a "realistic" . Although in TS3 I would on occasion make my girl a witch when I would created her in CAS but didn't really do too much with it. But, I have never even looked at them in TS4.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I always play with Vampires. I liked them some in Sims 3, but more in Sims 4. I find that using reward traits to help lessen needs as well as using points in strengths( I use a mod where I don't have to take weaknesses) really helps once they are a Grand Master rank and basically have barely thirst and barely energy to rejuvenate. This helps me do more things with them.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I don't. I even want ghosts removed.

Is there anyone else than me, who have tried to revive a ghost recently, using an ambrosia cake? It is so hard and expensive to make, and for some reason it doesn't work anymore.

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I largely do not. I don't mind others playing with them but have minimal interest myself. I have one vampire but he's among my least played households.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    edited September 2020
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I don't. I even want ghosts removed.

Is there anyone else than me, who have tried to revive a ghost recently, using an ambrosia cake? It is so hard and expensive to make, and for some reason it doesn't work anymore.

I have never used ambrosia in the sims 4. I revived the ghost of Minerva Charm with my witch's magic powers and it was very rewarding!. She now lives with my witch and her daughter who happens to be her grand daughter (Darrel is the dad!)
    So yes I play with supernaturals, witches being my favorite supernatural, I don't have Vampires in the sims 4, but I do play with them in TS3, also aliens and plant sims are regulars of mine!