Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

Comments

• icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @Clousinators!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited September 2020
    I love both of yours, @AlJay and @icanhassims :)! I will write more later :)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• manciemancie Posts: 105 Member
    edited September 2020
    Entry Form:
    Forum ID: pamane
    Origin ID: pamane
    Gallery Name of Lot: Amaleya Artist's House
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B7610B8DFAA311EA869B8433072D7551?
    Original name of lot and town of the lot used: Amaleya Artist's House - Newcrest
    Building tip feedback wanted? Yes Please!!
    Creative notes about your build: This is the first time I have entered a build in this challenge. I felt that the house should be filled with art by Amaleya as well as other well known artists. Amaleya is atalented artist. She shares her beautifully designed home with her husband and three children. She loves being surrounded by beautiful flowers which she paints in her studio which has a stunning glass roof to let in as much natural light as possible. Features artwork by #simlicy #lisel7300, #roseymow and #pamane
    JGcWmU7.png
    dfy63yc.png
    rxC929L.png
    I6JC1xY.png
    4u5pk0d.png
    EHrkziS.png

Post edited by mancie on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited September 2020
    Amaleya Artist's House - Newcrest is a lovely home for an artist and her family ! @mancie :) Very nice exterior design, and very pretty flower beds and flower boxes in front and side areas! Her art studio is lovely! The items from the knitting pack are very nice on the wall, the sculpture is nice there for her to paint and the canvases are great! She will enjoy painting on the easel with sunlight coming in through the glass roofing. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The wallart on the walls adds a very special look to the rooms! Very nice open plan layout of the living area. The windows corner sitting nook is very nice for Sims to relax and watch tv or read books in the sunlight. Very lovely colours, furnishings, curtains and layout of the bedrooms!
    It is a lovely art filled artist home ! :)
    I love your house, @mancie :)! I will write more later :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• manciemancie Posts: 105 Member
    Thanks for your lovely comments @rosemow. @coolsim9999999 I look forward to reading your comments later :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi @coolsim9999999, Thank you for the invitation to build for your monthly challenge.
    I'm glad you're back!

Entry Form
    Forum ID: JojoMOMSTER
    Origin ID: jojoMOMSTER
    Gallery Name of Lot: Techie Hobbies
    Gallery Link: Techie Hobbies
    Jazz & Erin
    Original name of lot and town of the lot used: Rockridge Springs, Grims Quarry, Evergreen Harbor
    Building tip feedback wanted? sure! I will try to remember to come to the stream.
    Creative notes about your build: This home was built with real funds. Jazz and Erin got this house with their starting funds.. It had pretty much a bed and a fridge. Many of the items are fabricated by Jazz and some come from the flea market, others are gifts from Father Winter.
    Back Story: Jazz is a teen from one of my very original families from my first save file. Erin is his girlfriend from that save. I updated them a little bit. So what would Jazz be like given the chance to grow up? As a kid he grew up in OS in a pretty well to do family with his parents, little brother, uncle, aunt and cousins. He was always a very nice Sim. Jazz and his cousin Azure were total video game junkies who also enjoyed playing in the pool together.

Jazz and Erin got married and bought a small 1 bed 1 1/2 bath home with a converted garage using their starting funds. It was pretty sparse to start. Jazz did a Physics degree at UBrite while working his way to captain of the E-Sports team. I would not have expected anything else from Jazz. Erin got a degree in Language & Literature from UBrite while playing varsity soccer. They both got full-ride scholarships and survived on that. There was enough for a laptop but not much else so Jazz and Erin got creative using the community maker space and the flea market in their very limited spare time.

Jazz now works as an engineer, he still fabricates things for the home also. His workspace/hobby space is the garage. Erin's workspace/hobby space is the open area upstairs. Erin works as a writer and her hobby is to create content of exercise/sport/fitness videos and blogs.

Please Include:
    one street view photo
    9MqYJm5.png

A bird’s eye view of each floor of your build.
    WyEXED8.png
    Ugw0Gue.png
    ViUKQqv.png

3 to 5 additional screenshots of your build
    F3BXhH1.png
    fHR1aZw.png
    fKDOIZG.png
    SZxzt2F.png
    43uYx6k.png
    1H6PKtM.png

SLIDESHOW
    edited September 2020
    Techie Hobbies is a very nice eco living home! @JojoMOMSTER :) It was great reading the background details of the couple and their home. Very nice exterior design, the wood textured walls are very nice, pretty flowerbox, and the roof covered front porch is very nice. Very nice garage for Jazz to enjoy using the fabricator and robotics workstation there. The greenery looks great on the exterior wall and it is nice they have a clothesline to dry their clothing outside in the sunshine. Very lovely open plan layout and furnishing of the interior! The natural wood texture of the furniture is very nice and warm. Very nice windows dining area for the couple to enjoy sunlight coming in whilst eating their meals. The patterned wall tiling in the kitchen is very nice, and the rooster that was a gift is a great touch on the fridge top! Very nice workspace and hobby area room for Erin! She would be enjoying sitting at the study desk doing her writing on the computer, and using the video station to do videos and blogs. The green wall and natural colour scheme of the room is very nice and calming for when she is doing her work.
    It is a very lovely home! :)
    @rosemow thank you! I’m glad you like the build!
    I love your house, @JojoMOMSTER :)! I will write more later :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited September 2020
    The home for a sim with a specific job challenge is closed for Maxis fave nomination.

I will nominate everyone for a Maxis fave tomorrow B)!

Everyone had such creative builds <3!
    Thank you very much for doing my challenge, everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

I just nominated everyone for a Maxis fave B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited September 2020
    October Challenge:
    Later today, I'll check what I told you guys on stream last night, and I'll put it on the front page and in the next post this month :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

@coolsim9999999 The bunnies wanted me to tell you they are in no way responsible for the condition of the curtains. They thought if the curtains were in their enclosure they are for them do what they please.
    BNutpRb.png
    That is very creative @JojoMOMSTER B) --- I love your WIP <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

October build challenge:
    Construct a residential or tiny residential log cabin with an attic.
    (the attic is for food you would need to eat over the winter, as though you were a farmer. What would you need to survive the winter at home?)

I'll post it in announcements on discord, on my Twitter and on the TS4 forum!

NO lot size limits anymore.

Hashtag: #fireflylogcabin

Due: Sunday, October 25, 2020 by midnight EST
    Tours on my Twitch stream: Monday, October 26, 2020 from 5 to 7 p.m. EST
    Rules:
    Any budget, lot type, packs and world.
    No Custom Content (no cc) allowed.
    lot size: ANY
    You may use cheats to build or for your Sims to play test your build more efficiently.
    Hashtag:#fireflylogcabin

In addition, please post your builds to the gallery using the hashtag. That way, I can easily nominate everyone for a Maxis fave!

Entry Form
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Gallery Name of Lot:
    Gallery Link:
    Original name of lot and town of the lot used:
    Building tip feedback wanted?
    Creative notes about your build:
    Back Story:
    Please Include:
    one street view photo
    A bird’s eye view of each floor of your build.
    3 to 5 additional screenshots of your build

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s builds :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Forum ID: @icanhassims
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Gallery Name of Lot: Little Cabin Retreat
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E3B18E49050C11EB8932F0D5F16F4E6F
    Original name of lot and town of the lot used: Riverside Retreat (?), Granite Falls
    Building tip feedback wanted? Sure!
    Creative notes about your build: I just realized the stairs mashed into the couch. I've already uploaded it so I'm gonna let it be, but just so ya know.
    Back Story: n/a
    All images can be found here: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/little-cabin-retreat.html

10-02-20-5-08-33-pm_orig.png

Top-down views: (2 photos):
    10-02-20-5-09-55-pm.png
    10-02-20-5-09-45-pm.png

Few additional screenshots: (3 photos, visit website for more)
    10-02-20-4-57-52-pm.png
    10-02-20-5-00-58-pm.png
    10-02-20-5-07-32-pm.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    Little Cabin Retreat is a lovely cabin home! @icanhassims :) Very nice exterior design, wood walls, and lovely lake with bridge inbetween! The purple coloured flowers are pretty on the water edges! The outdoors areas are lovely! Very nice areas where sims can enjoy cooking meals on the grill and eating them at the picnic table in the outdoors air or enjoy sitting around the campfire playing the guitar and singing. Very lovely furnishing and layout of the interior! Very nice warm natural colours, wood walls and flooring. The kitchen and dining area is lovely! Very nice patterned kitchen wall tiling, and the green cane dining chairs and wood table are very nice to eating meals. The sofa seat tv watching area is very nice! The flowers are a pretty touch on the coffee table.Great design of storage attic! The fruit crates and metal shelving with items on them are great!
    It is a very nice natural cabin home! :)
    edited October 2020
    I love your house, @icanhassims :)! I will write more later :)!

This month, I'll be able to type some kind of reviews and feedback like I used to do, since my shoulder/neck/arm is getting a little better.
    4kkjdXo.png

glad you're doing better @coolsim9999999
    I am glad that your shoulder/neck/arm are feeling a bit better :) I hope each day the soreness and pain may continue to be easing. Sending hugs <3
    Thank you very much @rosemow and for the hugs B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

I did attempt last Month's Challenge. Life got way too busy to finish. But I wanted to share what I did do and let you know I was there in spirit. =)

I was working on a retreat for a writer.

2GOdRoB.png
    Your WIP home for the last challenge is lovely! @Taoron :) Very nice exterior design, and the red wood walls are lovely! The flowers along the porch edges are pretty! The flower nook between the steps is very nice! Very nice design of the corner plants area :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top