Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh man! I lost my questions twice. Third times the charm.
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Chapter 1.36
    11. Alison and her puberty-moments are getting worse. Do you think Brent was doing the right thing the next morning after Alison snuck out to party with Antonio?
    Honestly, I thought Brent could've tried harder. Alison's been a pretty good kid, and as far as I can remember, she hasn't been rebellious before, but sneaking out to go to a party in the middle of the night with your boyfriend is not okay. I'm glad he didn't yell at her or get angry. I do think Liz should've been involved in that conversation to present a united front. Maybe they could've said Alison could only hang out with Antonio at the house for awhile while both parents are home. *cringe* Actually, it would be a good way to get to know him and vice versa. At least make her pay for the broken coffee pot. :lol: Like I said, Alison's a good kid, so I hope she doesn't do it again, but actions should have consequences.
    Chapter 1.37
    12. After everything that happened between Dulce and Oliver, Dulce still decided to visit Oliver once again! Do you think they are a good match?

Dulce seems sweet and she's pretty cute. It's a little early to tell in 1.37, but I think they'll be a good match. I was a little concerned about her dad since they seemed a bit judgmental of the Ridleys, but Dulce said she talked to her dad so hopefully everything's okay now.
    Chapter 1.39
    13. After a lot of muscular Liz episodes, we sadly have to say goodbye to that because she may have an addiction to eating cakes. What do you think about that? Is she too obsessed at this moment or is it just Liz? Do you think she had to put in more effort?

She's forgetting to eat, take breaks, shower, sleep... a little obsessed. Haha. It's part of her aspiration/goal so I didn't think too much of it at first. It's good Brent pushed her to take a shower. No one wants stinky Liz. :tongue:

Also I never realized it before, but since you include pop-ups in story, I noticed that soft shell crab cakes can be made on the cupcake machine at level 7. Ha! It should probably be cooking. I don't know anyone who would make crab cakes in a cupcake maker. :grimace: Silly Sims!
    14. Oliver and Dulce aged up! What do you think of them?
    Oliver is such a cutie. I really like that he has Brent's curly hair and skin tone, but he seems to have a smidge of red in his brown hair. Also I enjoyed his makeover. Dulce has really pretty green eyes. I love that her outfit matches her eyes.
    15. Dulce and Oliver still have some struggles with Dulce’s dad, but I don’t really talk about it much because I want it to be some kind of mystery. Does that bother you? What do you think about Dulce’s dad who’s in the picture but never shown?

I don't think it's a bad thing that we don't ever see Dulce's dad. Lends itself to more mystery and makes for more interesting drama. We aren't quite sure why he doesn't approve of Oliver or try to keep Dulce away. I can guess it's to do with money.
    Overall question
    16. What do you think of Alison, Ella and Oliver’s relationship? Do they seem like good siblings to each other or do you think something else when you see them next to each other in conversations?

I loved Alison and Oliver's conversation about the future. They really seem to care about each other. Ella still seems like typical middle child, teasing her younger brother. I have a feeling these siblings will always be close.
    Chapter 1.40
    17. After becoming cake-addicted, Liz seems to really lose it. She’s quite absent. What where your thoughts here? Is Brent taking the situation well? Do you think he’s trying to find out what is wrong with Liz, helping her, …?

I like that Brent went after Liz to get a kiss since she's so distracted by making muffins. :lol: Also the fact that she didn't notice her kids were in the kitchen talking the whole time was pretty funny. I view it as funny rather than an obsession, but I'm sure her family misses her and it would be nice to see more family togetherness, especially since the teens are growing up and will be moving on soon. When Liz just passed Brent without saying anything, it made me a little sad. Like ships passing in the night. Aww... Brent, you could go out there and kiss her again, you know?

The renovated hobby room for their kids was awesome though! What a way to support your kids interests! I wonder if Ella could get a computer of her own since she wants to be a food critic.
    Overall question
    18. Now that you’ve seen Levi and Dulce more… What do you think of them now?

I really like Levi. He seems like a great fit for Ella. He's kind and considerate. I honestly am a bit indifferent about Dulce. She's hot and cold with Oliver, and it's a little annoying. I imagine it's because of her dad, but still, give the poor guy a break.
    Overall question
    33. To end, you may ask questions to everyone you like (even my Simself), but I won’t have pictures of everyone...

Hey Oliver, how do you feel about being the next heir and the focus of the next generation's story?
    Alison/Ella, how do you feel about your brother becoming the heir/focus? What are your plans for the future?

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited September 2020
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Woops, I’m behind! It’s been a week. Did you know that searching the deep woods for nuts and leaves like some deranged, compulsive squirrel is actually kinda fun? :D

@_sims_Yimi Hiya. Are you doing some kind of arts or nature project? Or is it for a collection?

My grandpa has an amazing pinecone collection from all over the world. We spent many days in my childhood traversing through the woods for good specimens.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 most of them are for the cats to play soccer with, but I really like autumn, so I sometimes end up making little harvest tables with them, yes. This is where the chestnuts went. That sounds amazing! Are they different in colour and shape depending on the biome?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @AdamsEve1231 most of them are for the cats to play soccer with, but I really like autumn, so I sometimes end up making little harvest tables with them, yes. This is where the chestnuts went. That sounds amazing! Are they different in colour and shape depending on the biome?

That's beautiful! I love it. So creative.

Yes they're all sorts of unique shapes. Color is pretty similar.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sorry guys. I've been away from the forums this whole week. Got down with fever, then had to catch up with life before getting back to forums.

@Skeilah Here's Ch 1.32 to 1.42
    Chapter 1.32
    1. The first episode (1.32) is immediately a sad one: Ninja passes away, and that on Alison’s birthday! How did you take that?
    I skipped it entirely.

2. Were the ‘big red letters’ annoying to you?
    Nope they were good for me to breeze quickly without reading anything I didn’t want to. I thought they make good trigger markers so I know where to skip to.

3. Alison and Antonio as teenagers: how do you think they turned out? The only thing I really changed is the hairstyle and clothes. I don’t touch anything else.
    I thought they looked cute. Alison looked exactly the part like a fresh teenager, Antonio is wearing workboots. I assume he’s going to get teased in school. Or he could create a fad. His CAS appearance reminds me of this actor (though Antonio’s eyes are much smaller).
    951f7ce610e2547a0b7f764b70ff0c8027479.jpg@282w_400h_1e_1c

Chapter 1.33
    4. Ella finally opens up a little in 1.33. Did you think this is a good thing? Should she do this more often? (probably not happening, but hey, you can have expectations)
    Ella is feeling abandoned. I like that she chose to open up to Oliver about it, although he wasn’t emotionally mature enough to reassure her that just because they were growing up it didn’t mean she was going to lose him. I thought it was a sweet moment that added depth to her character.

5. I only realized it afterwards, but Brent really is topless A LOT XD Did that bother you?
    I didn’t notice… I’m okay with topless male bod, not their bottoms. :tongue::lol:

Chapter 1.34
    6. Did you like Alison’s first date with Antonio?
    I cracked up when he turned blue right after she kissed him. Shouldn’t he get a surge of warmth from the kiss? Haha! It’s definitely unexpected and a funny change.

7. I decided to add Liz her mom in the story. What did you think of that?
    I like the pictures of Liz and her mom. They’re very sweet. Interesting how their date talk ended up with Kristin. But I enjoyed it nonetheless!

Chapter 1.35
    8. I had some struggles to make a story when Alison suddenly got into a phase. Did I handle it well?
    I think you did it fine. Teens are self-conscious about everything so even if Alison got a different moodlet I think it will flow well with the story. xD

9. Ella and Levi age up! Did they turn out good or bad for you?
    I thought they turned out absolutely adorable. Ella looks like she’s up to mischief all the time. That can’t be too good for her in the classroom. Hopefully she doesn’t get profiled unfairly by the Teach lol. Levi looks good too! He seems like a pretty dependable guy at this point but y’know, teens.

10. Do you think Brent was bullying Levi too much when they met each other?
    I didn’t think he was bullying Levi. He was so polite to the boy too. I expected a ‘Son’ talk there. But Levi and Ella aren’t official yet so Brent’s probably keeping an eye on him at this point.

Chapter 1.36
    11. Alison and her puberty-moments are getting worse. Do you think Brent was doing the right thing the next morning after Alison snuck out to party with Antonio?
    I think he’s selling himself as the caring father and mom the disciplinarian. That’s a good tactic. Good cop, bad cop works.

Chapter 1.37
    12. After everything that happened between Dulce and Oliver, Dulce still decided to visit Oliver once again! Do you think they are a good match?
    I don’t think I can answer this. They’re just kids.. :sweat_smile: Nice that they’re cordial and playful is about as much as I gathered from their interaction for now.

Chapter 1.39
    13. After a lot of muscular Liz episodes, we sadly have to say goodbye to that because she may have an addiction to eating cakes. What do you think about that? Is she too obsessed at this moment or is it just Liz? Do you think she had to put in more effort?
    I don’t really have a problem with people indulging as long as they are aware of its effects on their health. Some people can eat 20 cakes and still stay slim and healthy, some can’t. I don’t have a preference on Liz’s choice of comfort food than a rock hard body. It’s entirely up to her.

Oh I thought they both looked really good. Oliver’s nose reminds me of people in SEA or hotter climates where evolution gave them pretty wide noses acclimitised to the heat. Makes him look cute. He’s got a good set of eyebrows and a strong jaw. Dulce has such a pixie face, complete with mischievous brows and such a delicate jawline haha! She’s cute too even though they’re quite the opposite.

15. Dulce and Oliver still have some struggles with Dulce’s dad, but I don’t really talk about it much because I want it to be some kind of mystery. Does that bother you? What do you think about Dulce’s dad who’s in the picture but never shown?
    Hm.. at this point he’s mentioned too little for me to make any impression of him. There seems to be something interesting there for now. Probably have more to say when the mystery is revealed.

Overall question
    16. What do you think of Alison, Ella and Oliver’s relationship? Do they seem like good siblings to each other or do you think something else when you see them next to each other in conversations?\
    They seem like normal siblings to me. Caught up in their own social circles, feeling a little cut off from one another, not entirely attuned to one another. Squabble about the littlest things. A little egocentric sometimes. But they eventually come round and care for one another. With siblings its usually in the unspoken words and little gestures that show how they really feel for each other. Nobody outrightly says they like each other is what I think.

Chapter 1.40
    17. After becoming cake-addicted, Liz seems to really lose it. She’s quite absent. What where your thoughts here? Is Brent taking the situation well? Do you think he’s trying to find out what is wrong with Liz, helping her, …?
    I think he’s trying without pushing Liz. He’s giving her a lot of space. And he himself feels lost on how to handle it. But he wants to thread delicately as to not push her away. I did think maybe he could just have a heart-to-heart talk with her but maybe he gauged that it wasn’t a good time for that.

Chapter 1.42
    19. Suddenly in 1.42, there’s a piano in the middle of the living room. I had some struggles with it and for the entire time it stood there, I was asking myself if that was a good choice or not. Was the piano bothering? XD Or worse: the plants in the living room (1.46)??? XD
    I thought the piano stuck out like a sore thumb. But that’s how things are like in real homes. Nothing is really ever tidy or in place so I didn’t think much about it. Heck if I had a grand piano I want it to be the center of attention. :love:

20. Dulce asks Oliver out to the Romance Festival! After all these episodes of uncertainty, they finally get it together! They don’t really have.. Answers about the dad part, but at least their feelings for each other are on the table. What did you think here?
    I like that they’ve resolved their feelings for each other and made things official :) When the pop-up of Dulce asking Oliver to be her wingman came about, I’m glad he took the reins. :wink:
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited September 2020
    Fun in-between question for the group: do you already have future stories in mind? Could be related to the one you're writing/have written or something completely new.
    Questions 16-20
    16. What do you think of Alison, Ella and Oliver’s relationship? Do they seem like good siblings to each other or do you think something else when you see them next to each other in conversations?

I don't have much of an opinion on them as siblings. Especially when they became teenagers, I feel like they interacted with each other less. I would have liked to see more sisterly bonding, for example. I liked the interactions between them all when they were kids, though.

Did you make Liz cook like crazy or did you suffer from the cake bug where the sims can't stop making white cakes? If so, I think you handled that really well. Liz seems to have lost herself for a minute there. I hope she can find some peace now that she's done with all of her goals and Oliver is taking over. I'm not sure Brent did anything for the situation? As far as I can see in chapter 1.40, he only facepalmed. So no, I don't think he did enough. 😂

I like Dulce and that she some sort of a backstory with her father. I eh... forgot Levi was Ella's boyfriend and for a moment thought he was Alison's. Oops. I guess that says enough.
    19. Suddenly in 1.42, there’s a piano in the middle of the living room. I had some struggles with it and for the entire time it stood there, I was asking myself if that was a good choice or not. Was the piano bothering? XD Or worse: the plants in the living room (1.46)??? XD

Yeah... it doesn't look great. Maybe if you rotated it and put it at an angle, but it doesn't seem to quite fit in like this, no. I love the plants. Looks very creative and happy.
    20. Dulce asks Oliver out to the Romance Festival! After all these episodes of uncertainty, they finally get it together! They don’t really have.. Answers about the dad part, but at least their feelings for each other are on the table. What did you think here?

I thought it was hilarious that Dulce asked Oliver to be her wingman. 😂 How the tables would have turned if he actually did help her out. I don't think the conversation underneath quite matched up with the dialogue in the picture. It did seem like she wanted to ask him out from the dialogue but she clearly didn't do it in the text. I like the fact that they ended up together though. They're sweet.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Fun in-between question for the group: do you already have future stories in mind? Could be related to the one you're writing/have written or something completely new.

Fun question! Personally I don't, but I'm writing multiple things at once, so I guess that counts as other stories? It has nothing to do with Camelot, though. What about you?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Great question, @Duvelina. I have multiple stories I'm working on. I've taken a little hiatus from writing but I always intend to return to my many unfinished works. Also working on outlining and setting up TS3 for the next Kass story. I'm making good progress but I'm trying to finish my outline for once before I start writing.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @mercuryfoam Uh oh. Fever. Hope you're feeling much better.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2020
    I want to continue my other story “a Wizardry Love Story” but currently I’m having no clue on how to continue 😂 I’ve been making pictures a lot but I can’t seem to find stories. I also want to make a story starring me and my school friends but I don’t know what kind of story.

For the moment: this is all I got.
    https://skeilah-thesims4forum.weebly.com/social-school-dorm.html

Hahahhahaha.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Skeilah Your school friends story sounds fun. :) I keep wanting to do a story in Britchester, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. What's the story on your Wizardry Love Story? Sounds intriguing.

Okay last set of questions. :)

Chapter 1.42

I actually really liked the plant box in the center of the living room and the piano. :) It was definitely unique.

Aww it was so cute that Dulce asked Oliver. I really liked that. Way to go, girl! And their first kiss was the cutest. They were finally honest and open with each other and it was beautiful.
    Chapter 1.44
    21. In 1.44 I tried a few panels in manga-style. I actually had fun with it, but how was it for you? Did you like it? Or do you like the previous way of writing more? Should I combine them more often in generation 2?

The first panel was a little confusing, but afterward, I caught on to what you were trying to do. Mostly because of the wall and Brent's head?? It was a bit confusing though... like what was Brent trying to do... or was it Ninja? This time I will succeed?? I was just really confused. :grimace:
    22. Did you like Ninja returning in the family? (He’ll stay there as a ghost for the whole challenge, so you better be happy with it :p)
    Ghost Ninja! Yay! I'm happy you're around. I want to see more.
    23. THE RESTAURANT OPENS! What were your thoughts here? How does it look for you? What do you think of the team (Mizuki, Dylan and Marco)?
    Congrats on the restaurant. I like the black and white look. I half-expected Liz to dress up and look the part of restaurant manager. Somehow short shorts in winter doesn't quite jive with the look she's trying to accomplish here. I was a bit indifferent about the team. Maybe Mizuki didn't show up later because she was getting busy... since she ends up preggo later. Haha. It's nice that you were able to hire a "friend" from a former story.
    Chapter 1.45
    24. In the first generation I sometimes post updates about Brant. In other generations I will post updates about Alison and Ella. Do you like those updates? Do you think you’ll like them more with Alison and Ella than with Brant?

It was nice to see an update about Brant. I honestly forgot all about him and how Liz stole Brent from him. It'll be really nice to see updates about Alison and Ella, especially if and when they start having kiddos. I'd love to see where they're living too. Alison mentions she's in San Myshuno. Where's Ella at?
    25. What do you think of the Ridley Restaurant Logo? :D
    Nice job. Was that a custom content piece or did you PhotoShop (or the equivalent)?
    26. I tried a lot of strategies to run the restaurant. How clumsy was it? Was it fun to read about my clumsiness when I’m trying to find out a ‘new’ (for me) aspect of the game? Or would you rather just stay with the story-part?

Restaurants in game, like real life, are trial and error. I thought you did a good job. I haven't managed to successfully manage one in game yet, let alone get a 5 star review. So congrats!
    Chapter 1.46
    27. The first floor got a massive make-over in 1.46. What do you think of it?

28. What do you think of Julia and Cassandra, the new team members in the restaurant? You can read further first and then make your assumptions. What do you think of the team in general? Is it a good team?

Loved the makeover. I don't mind these updates. The hobby area for the kids was nice (even though Oliver is the only one who will really get to enjoy it. Also I liked the blue walls in the bathroom.

It's fun to see a townie, Cassandra employed. Julia, while she was a smidge clumsy, still somehow managed to impress that food critic so good job. I don't really know enough about their personalities to really make a judgment call, but they all seem to work well together. Except Marco sitting customers outside in the freezing cold. Marco! Tsk tsk!
    Chapter 1.49
    29. Oliver and Dulce keep getting closer and closer. They even are having secret meetings at home when Liz and Brent are working! Or yeah, secret… They both seem to know already. Are you ready for Oliver and Dulce to take over???? Or more important… Are you ready to say goodbye to Liz, to see her less often…? Will you miss her? And Brent?

Haha. Secret meetings. I would've liked to have actually seen them, but for now, I can draw conclusions based on Oliver's "dreams" and Brent's teasings. I'm looking forward to more Oliver and Dulce. I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to Liz and Brent.
    Overall question
    31. Do you think Alison and Ella show up enough after they moved out?

Alison can't stop calling mom to hang out. I love how she kept dropping in at the restaurant. Also it was sweet that Ella called her dad. I hope to see more of the Ridley girls even though they're married and not the official heirs.
    Chapter 1.51
    32. Oliver and Dulce got an actual wedding! Did you like that? I’m not going to give weddings for non-heirs, but I will go through the trouble with heirs.

I :heart: their wedding. I actually really liked that Dulce was in black. So classy. And perfect to do the wedding at the restaurant. I thought you blitzed through the other proposals and weddings, and I would've liked to have seen more. At least the non-heirs dress up in formal attire even if it's just a private wedding at home. But it's okay if that's not your style.

Question for you - I can't remember. Will Liz and Brent move out or will they stay around for a little while? Will you remodel the house now that Oliver and Dulce are taking over? Or change the decor? Will we get Liz/Brent updates even if they do move out and aren't the primary focus. Will you do an epilogue for Liz/Brent? Felt like 1.52 ended kinda abruptly. And biggest question of all - WILL NINJA STAY WITH OLIVER? :tongue:

This was fun. I'm so glad I got to catch up this week. And I'm done early for once. Whew! Haha.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh man, y'all. I'm happy to be back! It's been a crazy couple of weeks, I'm so sorry I've been MIA. Loooong story short, haha, but I had a couple problems in my quest for renewing my visa here in France and had to seriously consider going back to the US and booking tickets, a Covid-19 test, etc etc, but after a few meetings, somehow I was able to convince the immigration office to let me stay while we work things out. Since I'm not a student, they're not so accommodating, but they're willing to let me stay temporarily. So phew! But on top of that, I had some cables knocked out (since I live on a boat, the internet, phone, electricity, etc cables are all underwater and some of them got loose somehow) and I've been living without internet for several days... and also without a functioning toilet and with an old failing cell phone because it's just been that kind of week :lol: But the internet is back, so I'm back too! I've missed y'all.

@Skeilah I'll get right to catching up with the Ridleys! :smiley:
    edited September 2020
    OK @Skeilah, here's the first half of the questions! I've giggled a lot during this chunk of chapters, it's always so nice to take another peek into the Ridley Residence♥
    Chapter 1.32
    1. The first episode (1.32) is immediately a sad one: Ninja passes away, and that on Alison’s birthday! How did you take that?

It was really sad. I will really miss Ninja in this story! He's been here since the very first chapter and now he's gone :( I know we'll go through 20 generations with the Ridleys and deaths are going to be regular, but this was the first and it made me so sad. RIP Ninja!♥ And poor Alison, hopefully she won't remember her birthday as a sad date because of this.

2. Were the ‘big red letters’ annoying to you?
    No, not at all! It's cool that you included them for the people that wanted to skip that sad part. I didn't, but I didn't mind at all that you included the warning.

3. Alison and Antonio as teenagers: how do you think they turned out? The only thing I really changed is the hairstyle and clothes. I don’t touch anything else.
    Um. Well, they look all right, I suppose. Sim teenagers are always a little awkward looking in my experience, I personally always modify them to be a little less... homely, haha, but honestly Alison and Antonio aren't that bad. Alison looks cute! Hopefully she'll grow into her looks when she ages up into a young adult.

Chapter 1.33
    4. Ella finally opens up a little in 1.33. Did you think this is a good thing? Should she do this more often? (probably not happening, but hey, you can have expectations)

I thought it was awesome that she was able to be so open with her brother! I wasn't expecting it, so it was heartwarming to see her being vulnerable for once because she's always been pretty stoic. I think it's nice to have this insight into her feelings because she's an integral part of the family but she's always been a little bit of a mystery since she isn't as open as her siblings. If she's open like this a few times in the future, I'll be really happy! Hopefully she feels comfortable opening up more sometimes. I wonder what she was going to say before she pulled Oliver outside... hmm.

5. I only realized it afterwards, but Brent really is topless A LOT XD Did that bother you?
    Um, no. :smirk: Let's just say I don't mind the eye candy. :flushed:

Chapter 1.34
    6. Did you like Alison’s first date with Antonio?

I loved it! I think it was really cute, and you captured the essence of a first teenage date really nicely with the dialogue and the screenshots. I really like Alison and Antonio together! Their relationship is really sweet. Also, karaoke! I looooove karaoke. I want a date like that!

7. I decided to add Liz her mom in the story. What did you think of that?
    This was AWESOME! I really loved the photos of Liz and her mama, they were really well done. Such a sweet moment in the story, and I love that we got to learn more about Liz's story before the challenge started. Kristin looks like she was a wonderful mom, I wish we got to meet her.

Chapter 1.35
    8. I had some struggles to make a story when Alison suddenly got into a phase. Did I handle it well?

I think so! I don't often play with teenagers so the mood swings don't happen often to me in the game, it's cool that you kept it in the story and had her explain it as best as she could. I can totally understand her, I had some wicked dramatic mood swings when I was a teenager (sorry, mom!). The screenshot of her being mortified was kind of funny, sorry Alison :flushed:

9. Ella and Levi age up! Did they turn out good or bad for you?
    Oh my, Ella is gorgeous! She looks so much like Liz but with that beautiful dark hair. I really love how she turned out, she is going to be beautiful when she grows up! And Levi is cute. I had forgotten a little about him since he's only showed up once before, but he's a nice choice. And his "new phone, who dis?" moment was amazing, I'm a fan of his.

10. Do you think Brent was bullying Levi too much when they met each other?
    I think it was just lighthearted ribbing, nothing too bad! I think I'll be a little similar to Brent when I'm a dad, so I totally got it. And Brent actually approved of Levi, that was unexpected but cool. Brent is such a papa bear so seeing him being so cool around a potential suitor of his daughter's was nice.

Chapter 1.36

I used to sneak out to party when I was a teenager, but it was when I was at a boarding school and not really when I lived with my mom (because we lived in a small village and there were no parties, haha), so I completely understand Alison. I'd be right there at the party with her if we were friends! And I think that Brent took Alison's sneaking out rather well. I expected him to at least ground her, but it's actually really cool that he let her off with a warning. Too often, I think that parents are really harsh with their teenaged children when they do teenager things, so the kids feel like they have to sneak out even MORE to do the things teenagers do behind their parents' backs. I appreciate that Brent told Alison to simply tell him when she was going to do things like that. Now, do I think Alison will obey and never sneak out again? Nah, haha. But at least Brent has made things clear!

Chapter 1.37

I think so! Dulce seems like a really sweet (ehehehehe, get it? Because Dulce means "sweet" in Spanish~~~ ehehehe :lol: ) and mature-for-her-age girl. I really like her for Oliver. Especially since she's going to become the mom to the next heir if everything goes well! I like her a lot, and Oliver is lucky to have met such a cute girl.

Chapter 1.39

I think it's all right. She's been really good at keeping herself in shape even though she cooks such delectable food all the time. It's OK if she lets herself gain some weight for a while... never trust a skinny cook :P ~ But hopefully she'll be able to return to exercising soon to keep of the excess weight!

I think they're both cute! Interesting features, that's for sure. Oliver's nose is quite.... large, but he's still cute. And Dulce is quite pretty. They're going to make such a cute couple! Oliver has such cool traits, I really like them. Most of them fit me really well, too, so I think we would be good friends.

I think it's cool to have little mysteries like this! Obviously your story isn't made to incorporate really developed storylines for people outside of the family, so it's cool when you have side characters like this provide a sense of intrigue. I'm not quite sure what to think about Dulce's dad quite yet, but I'm excited to keep reading to find out more about him and his relationship with his daughter.

Overall question

I think they're really good to each other! It's very apparent that they have a lot of love and respect for each other, and that's awesome. Even with them all being teenagers at this point, they're still nice and kind to each other, and that's awesome. I'm not sure how their relationships are going to develop in the future, but at this point they have a really admirable sibling dynamic and I really like seeing them interact with each other. I hope that they can keep this going in the future because it's so nice to see such a strong family bond like this.
    Thanks for all of your answers already! I’ll sit down for them all later today. Can’t wait to give you answers!
    @AdamsEve1231 Wizardry Love Story is about a girl named Eliza Hampton. She graduated in the police academy not long ago with her best friend Kengo and they work together as police officers, but one day mysterious things keep happening in the office, weird messages appear on Eliza’s screen,... she’s invited to attend the Wizardry Academy! But she doesn’t know why, or how, or what it is... nothing. Absolutely nothing. In the end she’s sent home because she’s acting so weird all day and there she’s thinking back on everything. “It’s just a joke, maybe I should go along with it and if I have enough evidence I can sue them”. But when she decided to do that, a tornado appeared under her feet and boom, she’s gone. Off to Wizardry Academy. And then the actual story begins 😋 it’s like a comedy/drama/romance.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Skeilah Chapter 1.44 - 1.52!
    Chapter 1.44
    21. In 1.44 I tried a few panels in manga-style. I actually had fun with it, but how was it for you? Did you like it? Or do you like the previous way of writing more? Should I combine them more often in generation 2?

The manga panels remind me of webtoons! I absolutely love it! Am following a few k-manga that uses that style! I’m all for it if you decide to blend your work like that! I'm a manga girl :)

22. Did you like Ninja returning in the family? (He’ll stay there as a ghost for the whole challenge, so you better be happy with it )
    Ah definitely. Always good to have a doggo in the family!

23. THE RESTAURANT OPENS! What were your thoughts here? How does it look for you? What do you think of the team (Mizuki, Dylan and Marco)?
    I’m very interested in their restaurant business. Personally I’ve never played restaurants before so I’m excited to see what you get up to with it! I thought the team could use some skill polishing, but I’m not sure what’s it like for restaurants. Only going by the blue bars shown in your screenshot. :lol:

Chapter 1.45
    24. In the first generation I sometimes post updates about Brant. In other generations I will post updates about Alison and Ella. Do you like those updates? Do you think you’ll like them more with Alison and Ella than with Brant?
    25. I like the sneak peak at Brant’s life. It’ll be nice to know how the girls are doing. So yes, do post their updates because I know I will miss them both.:)

25. What do you think of the Ridley Restaurant Logo? 
    Oh I think the logo is fantastic! I think it’s great that you put your own personalisation into the game. Really makes it more intimate and relatable.

26. I tried a lot of strategies to run the restaurant. How clumsy was it? Was it fun to read about my clumsiness when I’m trying to find out a ‘new’ (for me) aspect of the game? Or would you rather just stay with the story-part?
    I found it extremely fun because I’m right there experiencing with you first hand. I want to know if music helps with the restaurant too so I’m glad you tried out different strategies. Seemed to distract your own staff though.. Also Julia Ember earning 2 simoleans an hour made me gasp in horror. :joy: I thought your strategy of training everyone and limiting opening hours to give time for closing is an awesome strategy!

Chapter 1.46
    I like it. It’s definitely more spacious now that there’s one member lesser in the house. Also everything seemed to be of better quality now. The beds are very black. Do both Oliver and Ella like black? xD

28. What do you think of Julia and Cassandra, the new team members in the restaurant? You can read further first and then make your assumptions. What do you think of the team in general? Is it a good team?
    Oh I’m glad the food critics gave such awesome ratings. I think its my first time seeing a 5 star rating. And sooo many 5 star ratings. You’ve made me want to try out restaurants but I know I will mess it up big time. :joy: Because of those good ratings I think your team work well. Even if Julia messed up a little there, it was salvaged with a free drink.

Chapter 1.49
    29. Oliver and Dulce keep getting closer and closer. They even are having secret meetings at home when Liz and Brent are working! Or yeah, secret… They both seem to know already. Are you ready for Oliver and Dulce to take over???? Or more important… Are you ready to say goodbye to Liz, to see her less often…? Will you miss her? And Brent?
    I think that’s how it is with legacy families. The first legacy story I read I felt so sad when the first gen left, then second then third, so by now I’ve come to accept that you can’t be too attached to legacy story families. :sweat_smile: I’ll definitely miss Liz’s adorable cooking ways and Brent’s snappy attitude. But it’s time to shine on the kids :)

Overall question
    30. Do you think Alison and Ella show up enough after they moved out?
    I think they do. It’s funny how Alison wants to come over often but Liz always denies her saying the restaurant critic is there. I’m glad Alison isn’t a teen and understands :lol: .

Chapter 1.51
    31. Oliver and Dulce got an actual wedding! Did you like that? I’m not going to give weddings for non-heirs, but I will go through the trouble with heirs.
    Ah I love weddings. I’m glad they got one. Would’ve loved to see Liz and Brent’s reaction to their youngest child’s wedding. Finally all the kids have left the nest and are ready to build their own! I thought their black themed wedding matched the mood of the restaurant haha. Am wondering if that’s something you were going for. :)
    @Skeilah and here's the second half of the questions!
    Chapter 1.40

I think that sometimes it's normal to become like this, especially when you've been working on achieving something for so long. You lose sight of the things tying you down to the regular world, and everything revolves around you achieving your goal. Like, I can see that when Liz is so distracted and doesn't notice her family around her, and yet she still is well aware of the time to go to work. I hope that she can come back to Earth and see that her family misses her. I feel bad for poor Brent because it's obvious he wants to hold Liz's attention but she's somewhere else completely. It's hard to snap loved ones out of these moods, so I hope that Brent can gently try to get her back to her attentive and sweet self.

Overall question

I think they make a sweet couple! They're obviously into each other, and they complement each other well so far. It's going to be interesting to see where their dynamic goes from here, especially since they're going to be leading the next part of the challenge. It's cool that we get to see their relationship develop as we go along, because by the time Oliver takes over the challenge and Dulce produces an heir, haha, we'll have had lots of time to see them develop. It's cool that you include all these details, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this cute couple!

Chapter 1.42

I think the piano looks good! I think a nice cluttered house is cool, and the piano fits in well with the things around it. It's large but not too intrusive, and it's not like it's useless. Playing music is awesome! Oliver could play some piano if he ever goes for producing music and not just DJing~

Yessss, the date was adorable! I wasn't quite sure about how it was going to go since it wasn't set in stone that Dulce was into Oliver, so it was nice to see them clear that up and finally get together officially. I think it was a good choice to go to the Romance Festival because then it wouldn't be ambiguous... although I was a little nervous when I saw the screenshot where Dulce asked Oliver to be her "wingman", like... NO, not your wingman, your date! But it was perfect that they got together, and they're so cute as a couple. That first kiss was adorable! Silly flirty Oliver surprising all of us by making the first move like that :P

Chapter 1.44

I like them! It's cool to see you using other formats of storytelling to show us what's going on with the Ridleys. I would like to see more of this, I think you did an awesome job and it fits the story nicely.

22. Did you like Ninja returning in the family? (He’ll stay there as a ghost for the whole challenge, so you better be happy with it :p)
    Um, YES. Seeing Ninja back for good, even as a ghost, is SO awesome. I love our Ninja, the story hasn't been the same without him! I'm going to be so happy to see him hanging around, and you're so right that the ending of the chapters just wasn't the same with our good boye Ninja hanging out at the foot of the bed.♥

The restaurant looks slick! Liz (and you, obvi) did a good job with the decor and the team hired to work there. I think it's kind of surprising that Liz has decided to go so casual with her style while running the restaurant, but honestly she can do whatever she wants because she's a celebrity chef now, AND the boss, AND the restaurant looks like it's filled with celebrities (Edit: lol, I forgot those stars were ratings and not celebrity statuses, whoops :lol: ), so Miss Liz is just keeping it real. We all know she's running the show.~ It's cool to see such a diverse team working there, and it looks from what you say that they work well together. It would be cool to learn a little more about them as we spend more time in the restaurant.

Chapter 1.45

I think it's cool that you include these details! As we read the story we bump into many side characters that have almost no bearing on the story, but it's still cool to learn about them and catch up with them briefly as the story moves forward. I really like reading these short updates about Brant, and I'm really hoping you update us frequently with what Alison and Ella are doing when they move out, because I can already see myself missing them. We've spent so much time watching them grow up, it would be pretty sad to just stop seeing what they do with their lives because they aren't the heirs. :(

25. What do you think of the Ridley Restaurant Logo? :D
    I think it is AWESOME! The design is so cool, you're a really good designer! And it's so cool that you made it into a CC sign! These things make me geek out, I love how much care and attention you put into your story.

No, it's really nice to see you include details about you navigating the game! As much as this story is about Liz and the Ridleys, I think you've pretty successfully become a character as well, thanks to all the details you include. And I love this! You're have a really fun and good sense of humor, so seeing you include details about your sim self and your real life self navigating the game gives a cheeky side to the story that I love. And well, when it comes to how clumsy your running of the restaurant was... TRUST, I was so awful at running a restaurant in the game, you are not bad at all! I think your (Liz's) restaurant is pretty well run, all things considered. And it looks awesome!

Chapter 1.46

Really nicely done! I think the house looks awesome from the outside, and the inside is nicely decorated. You did a really good job. Ella's room especially looks excellent. And I love the flower wall/divider idea, it's definitely something I'd love to do in my own house (I already have WAY too many plants inside my house, including a TREE haha, so I probably don't need any more...)

I like them so far! But OK, I'll read ahead a bit because we don't really know much about them in 1.46 ;) BRB~~
    Back~ it seems to me that the team is working out really well! I mean, Julia messed up with the second food critic and everything, but Liz's strategy with the running of her restaurant seems to be working well and the team is succeeding at impressing the customers, so I think they're all doing a pretty great job.

Chapter 1.49

NOOOO this question has me feeling ALL the feels. Like, it's so nice to see Oliver and Dulce really do get along, to the point where they're sneaking more time together and everything, but.... I'M NOT READY TO MOVE ON FROM LIZ :cry: It's been such a journey, and knowing we're reaching the end of this arc of the challenge is making me really, really sad. I'm going to miss her so much, and sexy & sassy daddy Brent, too. I don't want to even think about it :cry:

Overall question
    30. Do you think Alison and Ella show up enough after they moved out?

I think yes, so far. They both are pretty present, calling their mom a bunch and inviting her over, or inviting themselves over. I miss them in the house, but we've seen them frequently since they've moved, so I don't feel their absence so much. I'm happy that they love their parents so much!

Chapter 1.51
    31. Oliver and Dulce got an actual wedding! Did you like that? I’m not going to give weddings for non-heirs, but I will go through the trouble with heirs.

I love that we got to see their wedding! They made some unique choices, like wearing chic black, and it's wonderful that they chose the restaurant as their venue. I'm sure Liz was super pleased about that! I loved that screenshot of Ella eating, she's a girl after my own heart. If she wasn't with Levi already, I'd totally ask her out on a date where we ate a whole bunch :P It seems like it was a really beautiful family event... it just makes me sad because it means that Generation 2 is almost fully here and Liz will soon pass over the reins to Oliver. It's a bittersweet feeling! (Side note: isn't it funny how emotional something like this can make you? I'm sitting here in bed, reading about your sims and I'm actually feeling a lump in my throat about Liz's story coming to an end. The power of your storytelling♥)

Overall question
    32. To end, you may ask questions to everyone you like (even my Simself), but I won’t have pictures of everyone because ehmmm… I forgot to upload everyone but Liz in my library :D I’m so sorry. I can try to recreate them because I do have Brent and Liz, but I have no idea how I’m going to make Antonio, Levi or Dulce. I’m so stupid sometimes, forgetting these things xD

Liz: How do you feel now that you've completed your goals? Are you excited to pass the reins along to Oliver and retire to enjoy your fancy life of cooking flawless food and eating and spending time with your hunky hubby?
    Brent: Are you proud of how your family has turned out? It must be strange for you, considering that you started out married to another guy at the beginning of your adult life. Is it interesting for you to see where your life has gone, now that you're on the brink of retirement?
    Oliver: Boy, are you excited to take over the challenge? I'm rooting for you! (PS. Can you invite me to a party at the Ridley Residence? You and I would be such good friends, I just know it. We'd throw wicked parties~)
    Alison: How is married life treating you? Up in that fancy place in San Myshuno with the Fengs! Is it really different from the Ridley Residence?
    Ella: GIRL, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BECOME MY BEST FRIEND????? We'd go and be gluttons at all the best places, kkjfslkfjsg. Love you, Ella!
    Skeilah: How do you feel now that you've completed Generation 1? This is a momentous occasion! Do you have any feelings about moving forward?

I'm low-key/high-key feeling sad that Generation 1 is complete... I didn't expect to feel so sad about moving on from Liz :cry:

Skeilah, I'm so happy to see how awesome your challenge is and continues to be! I hope you're proud of it because it's excellent. Here's to Generation 2!
    tenor.gif?itemid=13265051
    @ajamkeevin That sounds like a series of unfortunate events. I'm glad you're ok and you're working things out.

Fyi in case you missed it, I finally answered your questions for the cast of KCLKF (and everyone's) last weekend over on my blog. Sorry for the long url. I'm on my phone and I'm heading back into work.

https://thekrazycrazylifeofkass.wordpress.com/2020/09/20/questions-from-the-fans/

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited September 2020
    @Skeilah Wow... that's such an exciting offer for Eliza. How interesting. I'd have so many questions. Lol.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Questions 21-26

I liked it, I expected it to be longer when I looked back at it. I'm not a huge fan of it though. I like the regular formatting with your input into the story more.

It was so bittersweet to see him again! I wish we saw him more often actually.

I like the restaurant, it looks very classy. I didn't have many thoughts on the team, honestly.

I like updates! I'd be sad if Alison and Ella weren't mentioned anymore. I'd love to hear about them in the future and see what they're up to.
    25. What do you think of the Ridley Restaurant Logo?

I hadn't paid attention before, but it's beautiful. You're so talented!

It's great to find out along with you. No one gets it completely right on the first try and it's 'good' to see you struggle and share that with us, the readers.
    Duvelina wrote: »

Fun question! Personally I don't, but I'm writing multiple things at once, so I guess that counts as other stories? It has nothing to do with Camelot, though. What about you?

I have some ideas in mind. I'm pretty sure I want to do a prequel story for the Villareals after I've wrapped up Too Good at Goodbyes. I've also been walking around with a medieval pirate-themed story ever since I created the perfect main character in CAS. I'm waiting for a particular creator to come out with his medieval-themed world and see if it would fit the idea I had in mind. I don't think I'd want to work on two stories alongside each other though. Too stressful, so it'd have to be after Too Good at Goodbyes as well.

Yeah working on too many stories at the same time is stressful. Haha. I feel bad for all my readers waiting on me. Eek! :#

On the other hand, I'm really having fun just playing the game.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Yeah working on too many stories at the same time is stressful. Haha. I feel bad for all my readers waiting on me. Eek! :#

On the other hand, I'm really having fun just playing the game.

I've been playing the game aside from my story lately and it's been super fun!
    Tomorrow I'll come back to all of @ajamkeevin' questions, and @mercuryfoam's & @Duvelina's latest questions.

Duvelina (until question 20)
    3. Yeah, Alison definitely has the most Brent-genes of all the kids.

4. She snapped back to her usual self pretty fast. If I should say something about it, I think after getting together with Levi, she grew out of it. She’s not lonely anymore now that she has him and her siblings are still there for her.

9. I chuckle every time you say how meh Levi is for you xD Luckily Ella fixes it all with her gorgeous looks!

12. Heheheheh yeah, Dulce is super mature and Oliver is so childish compared to her xD Dulce is like wonder woman who dropped out of heaven in my eyes.

13. I’m not sure if I’m going to get back to the Dulce’s dad mystery or not… It’s a mystery for even myself at the moment.

16. Hmm, yeah, you got a point there. Well, they like each other a lot, but maybe I should’ve done more with it indeed.

17. The white cake bug, hahahaha! Well, I laughed at it so it wasn’t horrible. And you are right, in 1.40 he only facepalmed. I should have put chapter 1.41 together with this question because that’s where Brent gets cute.

18. HAHAHAHA sorry this keeps making me laugh xD

19. Well, I got rid of it in the beginning of generation 1, so that’s that xD I couldn’t put my finger on it. That was annoying. Good that the plants looked good!

AdamsEve (everything) - Oliver, Alison and Ella answer some questions here!
    3. Hahahahahah yeah, that was indeed hilarious! I had fun writing that part.

5. And still he’s like ‘NO I’M FINE’. Typical Brent.

6. Antonio got me scared there for a second. Alison just fixed herself a boyfriend and then he would freeze xD

7. I can tell you… Yes, there’s still someone with red hair in the family. :D

8. I had the same thing! I think I won’t bother the phases too much unless they add something to the story.

9. Hahahaha I was like “Should I wake her up?” because she went to bed autonomously, but then I was like ‘nahhhh I’ll figure something out’ xD

10. Yeah, bullying maybe wasn’t the right word to describe that. Teasing is better :P Thanks!

17. I have no idea anymore if I gave her a computer of her own or not…. But in the end I decided to just give her a job in that direction before moving her out and now she’s doing it on her own xDDD

18. Yippeeee, we have a Levi-fan!

Oliver, how do you feel about being the next heir and the focus of the next generation's story?
    dgx2bj06byon.png
    Oliver: "I'm so looking forward to this! But of course, I'll miss everyone. Home will be lonely without Alison, (annoying) Ella and my parents."

yu6nu8vl5dw.png
    Oliver: "But luckily I still have you and Ninja."
    Dulce: "And don't forget all of the little Olivers that will walk around the house at some point."
    Oliver: "Oh boy. Please let them be Dulces. I'm not ready for little Olivers."

Alison! How do you feel about your brother becoming the heir/focus? And what are your plans for the future?
    1athqvk.png
    Alison: "My plans for the future... I want to do something with animals, but I'm living with Antonio in his apartment.. Together with his siblings... And Antonio's sister is allergic for cats, so I can't just walk in there with cat hair all over me, so... I guess I'll need a plan to kick out those siblings."

f3rbqbj8hh9hr.png
    Alison: "As for Oliver, I'm very happy for him! I don't know if I would be a great heir anyways. I like that it turned out to be him, and I think Ella is also happy for him!"

flpswrwrvo.png
    Ella: "Ugh, speak for yourself."
    Alison: "Huh?"

Oh, Ella! Could you answer the same questions as Alison?

Ella: "Wait, I need to do what now?"
    Alison: "Come on, just answer the question about how you feel about Oliver being the next heir."

8b2u6xnb17.png
    Ella: "Well. Okay. To be honest, I really wanted to become the heir myself, but noooooo, it needed to be a BOY. I thought about killing Oliver and taking his identity, but well... He's my brother, so I couldn't do that, obviously."
    Alison: "Ella! You don't talk about your brother like that!"
    Ella: "Okay, okay. I wish him all the best, but I guarantee you... The legacy would be way better if I was the heir instead of that childish little brother of ours. Am I done?"

wr6if0hq5ytv0.png
    Alison: "You still need to say something about your future plans."
    Ella: "Oh, yeah... I'm going to rate mom's restaurant myself."
    Alison: "Mom will be retired by the time you finally become a real food critic...."
    Ella: "She can't... I... really like her food."
    Alison: "Ohhh, someone is getting a little red!"
    Ella: "Please, stop that."

21. Heheheh you’re right, maybe that was a weird choice of words xD Manga is always a little weird haha!

23. Now that you say it, I indeed didn’t dress Liz herself up. I just totally forgot. xD I really liked Dylan in there as a side character! It made me so happy to see him again after fighting ‘Mother’ with him as my Simself.

24. Woops, giving you all the bad stealing memories back xD Ella will live in the Rindle Rose lot in Willow Creek :)

25. Thank you! It’s a cc piece made by myself in an equivalent of PhotoShop xD

27. I laughed a lot with Marco. He does this weird stuff all the time! Like Marco, please. Learn from your faults.

29. Yeah, me too, but unfortunately I can’t be in two places at the same time. Andddd I’m not going to reshoot things just for the story. It’s still a Legacy and although I want it to have some kind of story, the pictures just come as they come. Liz and Brent won’t be gone yet! We’ll see them sometimes in generation 2!

Hehe I just noticed you forgot question 30.

31. They will pop up sometimes!

Question answer: Liz and Brent will move out to a little home called ‘the Ridley Retirement Home’, also in Brindleton Bay. The décor will be changed multiple times in generation 2 xD it will look weird in the beginning, but eventually it will look good. :D Or well, I think it looks good when I’m done renovating for… A lot of episodes. I never went to play with Liz or Brent, so there will be no epilogues or something. They will pop up sometimes as a side character sometimes. Ninja will stay, yes! He’ll stay in the Ridley Residence for the full 20 Generations. Woooo!

Yimi (until question 5)
    1. I also love the shrine! Maybe I took too much time in that but hey, it’s still standing there, being flawless.

3. Hehe they all end up having children, and in my personal opinion, some of them turned out goooooooood!

Mercury (until question 20)
    2. I’m glad to hear the warnings helped for you!!! The other members didn’t find them annoying either so I’m happy to hear that.

3. Hahahahah I don’t know the actor but yesssss, Antonio looks a lot like him!!!

6. Luckily I blur the bottoms myself then xD Not that there’s anything to see, but still, the idea….

10. Yeah, I think ‘bullying’ wasn’t the good word. More like… Teasing? xD

15. Then is the only question if I’ll be able to reveal it because I have no clue what happens after xD

19. Exactly!!! All the attention went to the piano. I eventually got rid of it somewhere in the beginning of generation 2 because I kept staring at it like ‘what do I do with you?’ xD