Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Between2Worlds [Story] 06/04

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Ch 1.3! :)

BMIlUj7.jpg
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I am really curious to see what information Eva gets from Sugi. I think she is going to get herself in trouble. Or at the very least, discover that there is actually magic, and see her go through some cognitive dissonance when she discovers that what she thought was right, was actually not. I know I sound a little harsh to Eva's character; I don't mind her as a character, I've known a few people like her, so I can see where she is coming from. But I also sort of want her to slow down for a second. I feel like she's quivering with the amount of energy she exudes. Which is a good thing; you've portrayed her really well in your writing. :) I like Isaia, and I could be totally wrong about his character, but I just get the feeling he knows a lot more than he lets on and I think Eva would be wise to listen to him.
    edited September 2020
    @DeafSimmer
    Warning: This is a true spoiler.
    Hm.. You might see her at the end of Ch 1 or 2. I intend to introduce everyone fairly quickly. No promises though considering my whimsical nature :wink:

@lone_cat
    Oh I don't think you're harsh at all. For all of Eva's vibrance and energy, she has some strong shortcomings and I'm glad you highlighted them. Tbh, I was expecting them to be pointed out much sooner. Then again I only just started so if it isn't obvious now, it'll be obvious later haha! Thanks! I mean its always the quiet ones we have to watch out for. That cliche must've come from somewhere. :wink: Even if its unfounded, I think we can learn from everyone, not just the loud ones. So yeah, personally I think Eva needs to slow down too, but oh she is so fun to write. :lol:
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 1.3
    Very interesting tidbits of information there in the beginning, in the interview between the activist and the sceptic. Fear and hatred against the unknown is scary, even in the sim world. So that’s who that masked group from before was. The White Wraiths. And looks like mr. Mustache over there is either a hardcore fanboy or a part of it, from the look on his face and the way he misspoke during the interview. That bit that the sceptic said about a new law that detains people without charges is very worrying, too. He's right to be worried about the government misusing it... because they probably will, if sim world is anything like the real world. :/

Eva, love, you might want to give your intern some room there. :sweat_smile: He asked a good question, but you’re dismissing him and cutting things off (both Isaias and the interview) because of your own bias towards “magic”. It doesn’t seem like you’re looking for the truth. You’re not trying to find information – you’re trying to find the information that matches your view of things. That’s not a good way of doing things as a reporter.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    Lol Mr Mustache is definitely a fanboy. I like how smug he looks when he talks about the WWs. (Double double-U sounds.. interesting.) I agree about the law. B2W is not a fun place to be (okay it never really was in the first place), but I'd still love for your guest appearance there. :love:

Eva certainly has some hard prejudices. Odd that she managed to stay in journalism this whole time. :lol:

And yay, new gooseflesh-inducing chapter! :lol:

D2KRKPw.jpg

• candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    Yay, finally we see one of the two lovebirds!! I'm angry at Curtis/Calypso 😡😡🤬 he needs a few slaps!!
    Ahh but you go girl, Dew, such a good soul that she keeps taking care of him <3
    HAHAHAHA that summary :D:D:D

Also, my god that stare. :worried::sweat_smile: Curtis grew up way too good-looking. He’s not even my type but holy cow. I need some air. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @DeafSimmer
    Girl in the bookstore is Gabriella. And oof, I'm not sure if Dew is jealous. I know she's mad and irritated. :sweat_smile: As for AC, I'm leaving it up to them to let me know if they should get back together. So I'm observing their interactions for now :smiley:

@candycottonchu
    Aw. Is it because AC broke up? I'm sure the reasons are justified, or so it's believed. :smirk: Dew is lovely even if she has quite an unfiltered speech. :joy:

@_sims_Yimi
    I agree. I'm like, how'd that cute chubby cheeks boy become this? Can't say I'm complaining though. More eye candy for me while I pose them pretty sims.

I had to include that summary. I'm dying at my own writing. Sims should make a new death state: goosefleshed to death. Prolly do it to SimMercury repeatedly. :lol:
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited September 2020
    Lol, the chapter summary :joy: But again, much like Gabriella, I'd totally stare at Curtis brood around books for ages, so I understand :D

Also, can't help but think of Curtis's favourite coffee blend here haha
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @mercuryfoam
    not because they broke up, but because of the reason they broke up! It's so ridiculous. And yes, I'm totally mad at Curt bc it is his fault! No excuses! 😡😆
    @ThePlumbob
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Lol, the chapter summary :joy: But again, much like Gabriella, I'd totally stare at Curtis brood around books for ages, so I understand :D

Also, can't help but think of Curtis's favourite coffee blend here haha
    I considered adding his favorite blend here, but thought it was still too out of place. :lol:

@candycottonchu
    @mercuryfoam not because they broke up, but because of the reason they broke up! It's so ridiculous. And yes, I'm totally mad at Curt bc it is his fault! No excuses! 😡😆
    Maybe it was just enough to push things over the edge. I can't say I blame him too much. It's not her fault, but it's not really his fault either. I sound indecisive. Haha! Both are at fault then. :lol:

Chapter 1.5! It's finally happening :no_mouth: !
    uczLKyH.jpg

edited September 2020
    Chapter 1.5
    I’m liking Grey Rock as a nickname for Isaias more and more. Eva was inches away from him and the guy didn’t even bat an eye, holy cow. :D He’s either incredibly stoic, secretly knew what she was doing and decided to remain calm, or… gah, I don’t know. What is up with this guy? :D

Eva reminds me of a dog that is running around barking at things, then forgets her footing and crashes into the nearest piece of furniture. She needs to take a breath and think things through, for real. :| How on earth is she going to talk her way out of spying on a crime boss in the middle of an operation? And with a camera no less? No way are they letting her go scot-free. Maybe Isaias can think of something clever to save her over-eager hide. Setting fire to the place? Pretending to be a mobster? Driving off with the van? Causing a distraction? Mmmmmmmmmagic? :smiley:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Chapter 1.5
    @_sims_Yimi
    Eva reminds me of a dog that is running around barking at things, then forgets her footing and crashes into the nearest piece of furniture. She needs to take a breath and think things through, for real.
    Haha, yes, this is the perfect description of her. I think Isaias will save the day in some way. I'm betting on magic. :)
    edited September 2020
    Ok somehow I had it in my head that I already replied. :lol: My bad!

@DeafSimmer
    I think recklessness is a better description for Eva than naivety. I actually thought Bowser sounded like a bulldog and went with it. I didn't realise the villain in Mario was called Bowser too. :lol: Ahaha I think it's time I finally put to rest Isaias's identity.

@_sims_Yimi
    I wouldn't blame you if you got bored of Isaias's face at this point. His facial expressions are so subtle I feel like pinching his cheeks just to make sure they work.
    Eva reminds me of a dog that is running around barking at things, then forgets her footing and crashes into the nearest piece of furniture. She needs to take a breath and think things through, for real.
    Hahahahaha! :joy: Oh gosh I love your apt description of her. Also I had so much fun imagining Isaias doing each of your suggested rescue ops. Ah.. I'm laughed out honestly. Mmmmmmaybe?

@lone_cat
    Can't Isaias just be a normal buddy? Why y'all got so high expectations on him? :lol:
    The image has almost no correlation whatsoever to the chapter so I decided to have fun with it. :sweat_smile:

sBnxe5u.jpg
    @DeafSimmer
    Isaias is not very discreet :lol:
    Chapter 1.6
    Darn, I typed a comment for here and then I accidentally deleted it, and now I can't be bothered to write it again. It was mostly amused cacking over Grey-rock's fabulous facial expressions though. This guy makes the best stoic faces in any type of environment, haha. Journalist interview? Stone face. Co-worker suddenly coming onto you? Stone face. Co-worker going missing? Co-worker almost getting themselves killed and needing a last-minute magical rescue like a proper damsel in distress? Stone face. It's hilarious. :D Oh look, my comment came back anyway. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    :joy: Funnily enough he's the one who needs more custom poses than Eva because of this. One day, he will break out of his rocky facade. :lol:

Yay! Second last chapter to the end of Ch 1. This was such a headache to make despite how deceptively simple it seems. :astonished:
    ZBuoEm8.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited October 2020
    I totally believe that - those scene of arrest pics alone blow my mind, so many people around and everyone is doing what they're supposed to!

Also, the second part of the chapter with the masked creeps had such an eerie vibe, I almost forgot it was the sims (no I will not be hunting down that mask cc, I like my sleep thank you very much :D )