Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2020 (Now Available)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Well we already know we're getting bug fixes to skin tones but there will obviously also be bug fixes to the game.

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    My guess is October 6, fingers crossed
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Let’s hope for some eco fixes and maybe the gardening thing too
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m disappointed there isn’t at-least 1 screenshot of the skin tones.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

They're probably not finished yet. Nothing to show.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Here - SimsVIP posted one:

https://simsvip.com/2020/09/23/the-sims-4-maxis-adding-100-new-skin-tones-skin-makeup-sliders/
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    It's coming out in two weeks, but a bigger one will be out after that.
    They said at least 100 new skin tones (focusing on darker tones) and a slider to make them lighter or darker. Along with sliders for makeup. Then they'll be updating two of the base game hairstyles
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/

Here - SimsVIP posted one:

https://simsvip.com/2020/09/23/the-sims-4-maxis-adding-100-new-skin-tones-skin-makeup-sliders/

Simsvip posted that picture, it’s not what EA posted in their article. It might not even be what we’re getting
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    With the EP presumably scheduled for November and the big skin update scheduled for December, I don't think we'll be getting a huge patch in terms of new stuff. Probably just the improved base skin maps.

I'm hoping we'll get some tuning updates for certain NAPs (like not stealing required stuff from community lots) and maybe they've tracked down the plants reverting to harvestable bug.

I'm sure there are other bugs that will be fixed and others that I want to be fixed, but I haven't played as much as I normally do for the past month, because of real-life stuff, so I can't bring anything else to mind.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    It's coming out in two weeks, but a bigger one will be out after that.
    They said at least 100 new skin tones (focusing on darker tones) and a slider to make them lighter or darker. Along with sliders for makeup. Then they'll be updating two of the base game hairstyles

They'll be updating two of them in October, then two more (along with the 100 new skin tones, plus skin/makeup sliders) will be in December.

I'm thinking we'll see a patch sometime in the middle of October and shortly after that an announcement for EP10 for a mid-November release. They'll probably be trying to squash as many of the EL bugs as possible.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    At this point I have very low expectations for patches. It's been 4 months since EL and a lot of patches yet the biggest bugs are still not fixed. They'll just bring in the skin tones and next pack which will make a whole load more bugs to take over. They have a bad habit with just piling more and more in and just ignoring the problems which I don't see changing anytime soon.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited September 2020
    i think cause they put priority on skin tones that any other updates will be pushed to next year. which, good, cause people of color have been demanding this for SIX years now.

but i still hope for babies, personality overhaul, likes and dislikes, and cars to come in the next few years.

reality? a couple bug fixes if that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I think 2 base game hairstyles are getting updated in October and 2 more in December. Will be interesting to see what the Pre EP Patch in November brings to the game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think 2 base game hairstyles are getting updated in October and 2 more in December. Will be interesting to see what the Pre EP Patch in November brings to the game.

I'm looking forward to it cat
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Just reread the statement and don’t know how I missed that it will indeed be 4 BG hairstyles updated in total.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Just reread the statement and don’t know how I missed that it will indeed be 4 BG hairstyles updated in total.

sweet
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    We need so urgent fixes for restaurants, freelancers, NAPs, plants, routing, photography ... But I have lost all hope. Happily playing TS3 again.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    We need so urgent fixes for restaurants, freelancers, NAPs, plants, routing, photography ... But I have lost all hope. Happily playing TS3 again.

Fantastic features of the game which are unplayable because of the horrendous amount of bugs, makes me angry.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Something pumpkin spice flavoured...? 😃🥧🎃
    Something pumpkin spice flavoured...? 😃🥧🎃

Please no! 😫
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    get pink hair colors and green for all ages so they passed down too next generation.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    R&B radio station will be back in the base game
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    My only wish is that they will address the bugs with gardening, the ones with NAPs (I don't mind eg. The sharing is caring being bugged but the NAP related actions overriding commanded tasks is such a pain), and the huge issues with toddlers at least.

I am not too keen on the new skintones (but I am happy that we get them!) : only because of possible other issues they might not fix because of the work done on the sliders and stuff or the possibilities of even more glitching in game and because I feel that the 18 hair colors we have (children obviously have all 9) are not enough now and they most certainly won't be after +100 new skin tones.. one can only hope they will give us some more options there also. At some point.

I am also eager to see the actual patch notes since my request of more info on ongoing bug issues being put into the notes has been heard and I am sincerely hoping that they would start to acknowledge the issues and give us reassurance that something is being done to fix the stuff - even though they could not yet get them working properly.

Hopefully we would start to see a small change in the way they treat bugs. They've added a lot new stuff to the game through patching this year and though I am grateful of that it feels it has come at expense of fixing bugged behaviors of sims. Hoping for a change in that.

origin ID: adduapina
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

I'm rooting for you, Jeremia!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

I'm rooting for you, Jeremia!
    You got that right!
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Fix the freelancer career and Bits & Pieces Zero Count issue and all bugs Please