Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Makin' Magic is beautiful!

alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
I've been playing The Sims Makin' Magic lately and I remembered all the great things it came with. I think an expansion pack should be complex and add a lot of gameplay!
ZK6AmF0.png
i3pv3IM.jpg
D777oHi.jpg
1bofzXy.jpg
6X6zMg2.jpg
ib8T1Jr.jpg
Mm7VVwg.jpg
3CVw4AU.jpg
uNFyeQA.jpg
OS3ilbZ.jpg
VnLCVCZ.jpg
giLOtqI.jpg
vqz8xoV.jpg
C0NHtya.jpg
Th1nOfo.jpg

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Makin Magic is easily one of the best packs of the entire franchise not just The Sims 1!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited August 2019
    Makin Magic will never be beaten in terms of game play.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • mwonkiwonmwonkiwon Posts: 10 New Member
    i've found some official maxis cool stuff files but houses didnt appear i've installed sims 1 complete collection on win10 any help please? and why i cant open topc here?
  • aprilr41aprilr41 Posts: 19 Member
    My absolute all-time favorite pack, I'm still playing it! :D
  • 1212play1212play Posts: 7 New Member
    To this day Makin Magic is my all time favourite game even though its practically 2D
  • Maus652Maus652 Posts: 226 Member
    edited October 2019
    :love: This pack.

I'll never forget the horrifying moment my hard drive corrupted and I lost my game - including the elusive pink spell crystal. My sim learned to teleport! Never lost to the fairy in the mushroom race again.

Haven't grown one since. :disappointed:
    moPdFIb.jpg
    📷Photographer | Lexophile | 📚Book worm | ❄✊🐭
  • wizardtswwizardtsw Posts: 8 New Member
    It was one of my favorites.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    You make me wanna rev up the old machine and play again! <3
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Back when they still cared about The Sims and not only about making fast and easy $$$. I wish they would make it compatible with Windows 10 and put it on Origin.
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    Makin Magic is easily one of my favorite packs.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    It's so good, I remember getting it for Christmas and playing it for hours and days during xmas break. I miss that quirky humor and amount of detail every pack from The Sims 1 got.
  • SpookyGnomesSpookyGnomes Posts: 31 Member
    This is my favorite expansion of the Sims! I've been trying to install it on my computer, but I cannot get it to work for the life of me. :'(
  • GraveDirtGraveDirt Posts: 42 Member
    I absolutely adore this expansion pack. I love the bad snake charming they do when they lack creativity points!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I only went to the magic world to use rollercasters I got it in the sims 3 but this game is so much greed of ressources I am fear of using it.
    I also loved the fortuneteller machine she always tells truth not about our sims but about ourselves the player. :)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 21 Member
    I remember Makin Magic to be the best expansion ever over all sim games. Any magic related expansion that came in later sims games, have been a hollow shell of what this expansion was. Masterpiece. I had soooo much fun playing this.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I think I get the urge ever month to start up the Sims. I never finished Makin' Magic. I did get my Sim to see the top of the Bean Stalk. :lol:
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I think I get the urge ever month to start up the Sims. I never finished Makin' Magic. I did get my Sim to see the top of the Bean Stalk. :lol:

never finished the game at all because of windows vista :'(
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    My most favourite part of Making magic were those little drunken gnomes LOL

gyzygGC.png

Rh5ChQA.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I blame Microsoft for all my Sims woes. Everytime I finished buying the packs they upped the Operating System, MIllenium, Vista, XP, 7, 8, 10 and my games went haywire or like in 10 refused to run at all.

I never did finish everything you could do in Makin' Magic as Sims 2 came out too soon but it was great fun.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    It really is beautiful! Years ago when I was a kid I dreamt of having all the seven magic crystals and now I finally got all of them today!! It's a bit silly, but it does feel good to finally accomplish this :joy:

rQO6XRP.png
    I had played this family for quite some time (I turned all Ginia Kat's cats into sims and now there are only Maggie and Scout left, Maggie is in the picture) and yesterday when I got back to playing I was only missing the teleport and magic trick crystals and when I got the teleportation I thought I should keep on playing till the final one would show up :relaxed:
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    Makin' Magic will always be my favourite expansion across all games. It's still fun to go back to and has an aesthetic that I always feel nostalgic for. Anytime a pack adds something that reminds me of it I get emotional, lol, like with the toadstool stool in CoL.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    I remember Makin Magic to be the best expansion ever over all sim games. Any magic related expansion that came in later sims games, have been a hollow shell of what this expansion was. Masterpiece. I had soooo much fun playing this.

100% agree with this. I was only young when the expansion pack came out but it's definitely been my favourite. Bonehilda (I was pleased to discover last night that Bonehilda has made a come back in the Paranormal pack), I remember her from there and the duelling grounds. There's so many aspects of it that they could've put into RoM but just didn't bother which as a shame.
  • vickiesimsvickiesims Posts: 20 Member
    Makin Magic was my favorite (and still is) Sims expansion. I love all the carnival-esque things that were in this pack, hopefully, one day they will bring them back. I remember being so excited for this pack when it came out, and it did not disappoint.
  • Lady EmeraldLady Emerald Posts: 18 Member
    It really is beautiful. This is my first time seeing what the original Sims looked like!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I finally got The Sims to work in Windows 10, what a hassle, thanks Microsoft for all the trouble you caused me, lol. I have been enjoying the game again especially sending my Sims to Magic Town. This time I intend to get enough magic coins (no cheats) to buy a home there, but it might take years since my Sims aren't very good at earning very many coins. I keep spending them on spells. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.