Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Todays the day I uninstalled the Sims 4, after 6 years and its was hard.

Comments

• kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Personally, I think that gaming is a hobby, and if you feel more let down or less interested in the game, there's no problem in saying I'm done with a version of the sims. Hobbies are based off interests, and it isn't some sort of commitment you HAVE to stick with. If there is a compromise you don't want to make, don't stay frustrated for the sake of a past feeling of loving it or whatever. You don't enjoy it the same way currently, and that's fine.
    I rotate through Sims 2, 3, and 4. I play 3 the most, as it's my favorite. I bought Sims 4 at release, but disliked it so much after 5 hours of play, I went back to the Sims 3 and didn't even entertain 4 until Cats and Dogs came out. Now, I enjoy the Sims 4 because they added things like toddlers, pools, etc, but I don't force myself to play it if I dont feel like it. Sims 3 still gets most of my excitement. With 4 kids, 4 dogs, a husband, church, I have limited gaming time, so I don't waste that little time on something I don't enjoy for whatever the reason, whatever the moment.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sometime you just need a strength to quit a toxic relationship, in this case by uninstalling the Sims 4
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    While I can respect your decision, I don't understand why you are limiting yourself with such rigid expectations. Life is a compromise, why should TS4 be any different?

I've only been playing since March, and I"ve created scenarios that the devs never imagined. All it takes is for one to ask the question "what if?"--it all starts from there, and you might be surprised at what you can create

LOL after six years I can tell you that yes you can create whatever story you want and if the Sims 4 is your first sims game I totally can understand how it can feel...like freedom to tell a story - and there is. But if you've played previous games you'll quickly understand what I'm talking about, but regardless thats not a knock against hte Sims 4 - I'm just ready for a "tool" to tell them thats less stressful as a director.

Its great that your enjoying it!
    Welcome to The Sims 3! 🥳
    Don't forget to visit The Sims 3 section of this forum for any questions you may have or ideas! There's lots to do!

Oh thanks but I'm not new to the Sims 3, just havent played it in three or four years.
    Territime wrote: »
    I am ready to go back to Sims3, as well. However, when I tried to reinstall it, I just get error messages.

Not sure the details but I'd leave a post on the Sims 3 forums, you might get an answer there (more than likely). which brings me to...
    wickichick wrote: »
    i don't think i can download them to this os ..sims 3 can be downloaded via origin but again i doubt it would play on windows 10 so maybe i will have to drag out an older pc ..lol but sims 3 was an awesome series for the sims ..enjoy and have lots of fun

Sims 3 plays fine on windows 10 which is what I use, my rig played the Sims 4 and witcher 3 in 4K, so its pretty current hardware too.

They are planning to release a 64bit update sometime before the end of the year for the mac version and it seems like the Win10 version will get it too although its been delayed a few times. Regardless Sims 3 runs fine on windows 10.

@TOLKIEN I'm afraid of this "64bit update". I think they realized that Sims 4 is being hurt with its own competition, and maybe they'll try to ruin the game. Oh gosh... even if they don't do that, I'm afraid a bunch of mods won't ever be updated again.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited September 2020
    I feel you. I'm close to uninstalling myself. The game isn't narratively or mechanically satisfying as previous entries, and as a supernatural player and storyteller, the lack of customizable worlds, the happiness overload, and the slow rollout of supernatural content in favor of bland garbage like tiny homes, environmental clean-up, laundry, knitting, etc. is driving me to drink (and not water, like sims do constantly with autonomy on if you don't mod it out). The game needs mods to just be decently playable, not for performance issues, but because of general poor game design in Live Mode. We can't even get any more meaty supernatural gameplay, thanks to realism players who bought the vampire pack for the items whining about vampire break-ins and the devs refusing to give us occult population settings...even though MC Command Center's creator could add that and more options besides without destroying the game. So, I don't blame you...and I might be right behind you if we don't get werewolves by the end of 2020...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve re-installed TS3 (a few times) but haven’t thought about uninstalling TS4 yet. I’m still too invested in my current TS4 rotational play. I remember too little about the drawbacks of trying to play rotationally in TS3; were items lost from inventory and wishes cancelled out, was that it? I wonder if I’d need a mod to play rotationally in TS3.

It’s so overwhelming when I load TS3, and I have half my packs disabled. I started re-exploring it recently (it’s probably been 10 years since I played it regularly) and I’ve only scratched the surface. I was having a great time with it. I think I will be going back to it if I tire of my Sims 4 save.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    @Sk8rblaze "the depth of gameplay is that of a Facebook game." That's spot on.

And the lack of depth is SO disappointing to me that it is just not a fun game to play. I play for the depth, for feeling like I "know" the Sims I create, for being invested in their unique stories and the consequences their actions bring. It really is almost impossible to play like that in TS4.

I've gone back to TS2, and man. It's better. It is actually a life simulation. Characters have depth, actions have consequencs, which ENABLES meaningful storytelling instead of just moving people around randomly and with no effect.
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    i think it is healthy to do something new after a bit so i totally get it ...hope you enjoy the sims three...i would play it again too but i have windows 10 and i don't think i can download them to this os ..sims 3 can be downloaded via origin but again i doubt it would play on windows 10 so maybe i will have to drag out an older pc ..lol but sims 3 was an awesome series for the sims ..enjoy and have lots of fun

I have windows 10 and it installed just fine on my PC, I don't remember having to do anything special for it other than I did have to set it up so it would recognize my graphics card and screen resolution, but I think that was it.

Same here. I have a brand new gaming laptop with windows 10, and once I got the screen resolution right, TS3 looks amazing!
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Welcome to the Dark Side!

Sims 4 was the first version I ever played and it encouraged me to try the other versions, so I bought a Sims 3 bundle.

I'll never forget the moment of clarity, I was letting a sim explore the beach in Sunset Valley. Just for a giggle, I clicked on the water, thinking they couldn't swim like in 4, didn't know what would happen. I freaked out when they waded into the water and took off! XD

I slowly began to realize that even though 4 has it moments and is really pretty, 3 and 2 are where the real fun is... and remains so.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    izecson wrote: »
    Sometime you just need a strength to quit a toxic relationship, in this case by uninstalling the Sims 4
    Very good advice. It happens. Friends can come and go but good ones stick around, games come and go. It is just life.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I don't think I'd ever uninstall TS4, since it's the one I play and enjoy the most.

That said, I do take breaks from TS4 on occasion as well. Both TS2 and TS3 are installed on my PC, and I just go back to them whenever I feel like it. Recently, I went back to TS3 because I missed some of my favourite townies. I ended up starting a new save in Lucky Palms because I'd never been in that world before.

Can't say I miss building in TS3 though, and I quickly remembered why I only ever used to "spruce up" the existing lots instead of building something of my own, but that's just me. 😂

I'm sure you'll get plenty of entertainment from TS3, have fun!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I haven't uninstalled Sims 4, because I have plenty of room on my computer, however I very rarely play it anymore. Occasionally, I will fire it up, and I did spend some time with the Uni pack, although alot of that time was giving my dormmates make overs until I got frustrated and quit the dorms due to the dormmates changing, and the constantly having to dispose of magic food my dormmates kept bringing in. Plus the "my roommates boyfriend" nonsense drove me bananas.

I suspect that I will continue to play the game occasionally, and I hold out the smallest sliver of hope that a pack I actually want to buy might come out... Eventually...

But yeah, I totally understand where the OP is coming from, because Sims 4 has had as many bad packs as it has good, and I am tried of wasting money on disappointing DLC.

As for Sims 5, so far it sounds horrible, so I might jump ship after Sims 4.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    i think it is healthy to do something new after a bit so i totally get it ...hope you enjoy the sims three...i would play it again too but i have windows 10 and i don't think i can download them to this os ..sims 3 can be downloaded via origin but again i doubt it would play on windows 10 so maybe i will have to drag out an older pc ..lol but sims 3 was an awesome series for the sims ..enjoy and have lots of fun

@wickichick I play Sims 3 on a Windows 10 computer in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Not everyone has to do that, but when I switched to that, Sims 3 started running like an absolute dream. Oddly, less lag than Sims 4. It's weird, the difference in lag between the two -- with Sims 3, if a character gets stuck, everything stops for a second (overwatch can be set to fix it), including the clock. In Sims 4, the sims just stand around doing nothing at all, with the clock still running, or they ignore new commands and cancelations. I prefer the occasional and very fixable lag in Sims 3. When I played it in Windows 10 mode, though, I did have a few more problems.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2020
    They are planning to release a 64bit update sometime before the end of the year for the mac version and it seems like the Win10 version will get it too although its been delayed a few times. Regardless Sims 3 runs fine on windows 10.

Wait, wait wait. I assumed the 64bit update would just be a wrapper so the Mac could run the game. Are you saying that the executable itself is going to be 64 bit with the advantages that come with a 64 bit program?

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2020
    Felicity wrote: »

Wait, wait wait. I assumed the 64bit update would just be a wrapper so the Mac could run the game. Are you saying that the executable itself is going to be 64 bit with the advantages that come with a 64 bit program?
    EA has only confirmed Mac getting the 64-bit update. I don't mean to step on TOLKIENs toes here... but this is false info. The Windows version of the game isn't getting any kind of update.

In fact, you can read the official post made in the Sims 3 Mac section of the forum here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967187/an-announcement-for-the-sims-3-players-on-mac#latest
    A quote from that same thread:
    Will The Sims 3 (64-Bit & Metal) Edition release for Windows PC?
    There are no current plans to update the Windows PC version of The Sims 3. Version 1.6.9 is available to The Sims 3 players via Origin.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have been considering uninstalling too.
    It started with Eco-Living and those horrible NAPs.

I went in set all the NAPs to something I could tolerate.
    I bought Star Wars, because I am a Star Wars fan and the content fits right in with the sims I am playing.
    So after my fun with Star Wars I aged up my teens and sent them to Uni. I plan to send them back to Batuu on their next Uni break.

The Uni game play is so boring.
    I love my sims. I love the dorm I create for them, but Uni game play is tedious with little time for fun.
    You can't even be sure that you sim is doing well other than sending an email for each class, and if you aren't paying attention you might slip up and not get that term paper or presentation in. If we had an academic requirements meter, we would know exactly where we are in fulfilling their academic requirements and you would be free to do other fun things. You get so focused on making sure you have everything covered that your game play becomes rigid instead of fluid.

On top of this, all my sims inventories have 10 to 20 future cubes in them. They just keep spawning.
    I would cheat them back to a more realistic bank account, but I think I will let them take the extra money back to their prep-school that I created for them.

I've had this group of sims since the base game and the game finally has enough content for me to start playing normally.
    I'm tempted to just write it all off and uninstall and move on to the other games coming out this fall. But I believe I will at least play out my group of sims to adult hood and families and then decide if I want to stick with TS4.

I hope that they at least do something about NAPs and objects over spawnging in sim inventories with the next patch.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    If you want to "imagine" and force yourself in order to have fun play with dolls, not the Sims.
    If you want a life-simulator, just play the other Sims games, which are much better at it than the Sims 4.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited September 2020
    SimplyJen wrote: »

EA has only confirmed Mac getting the 64-bit update. I don't mean to step on TOLKIENs toes here... but this is false info. The Windows version of the game isn't getting any kind of update.

In fact, you can read the official post made in the Sims 3 Mac section of the forum here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967187/an-announcement-for-the-sims-3-players-on-mac#latest
    There are no current plans to update the Windows PC version of The Sims 3. Version 1.6.9 is available to The Sims 3 players via Origin.

Your correct its not been officially announced and I never said it was, all I said is its possible that one day we might get one since they are making it for the mac. I could see them doing it simply to avoid forming another team at more cost and time later however for a win10 version update especially if the team leader tries to get the project approved. Especially with the delays, which has meant more money, EA might want to avoid that and just want to get it done now to avoid financing another lengthy development cycle.

To be honest I'd be more interested in a new patch to fix any remaining game bugs that has been vetted over and over (aka meaning it doesnt create more problems than it fixes) which we definitely won't get so...ya.

This was recently posted in the official answers EA thread today:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9515276/highlight/true#M8367

Is this update for Windows too? I can't comment on product plans or roadmaps that have not already been announced. This is not a coy way of winking and saying that there is a secret plan, nudge-nudge. It's saying that we haven't announced anything and that we can't comment on non-public roadmaps nor can we comment on rumors. What we HAVE announced is that this release is for macOS, that it makes the macOS client be 64-bit, that it adds support for Apple's Metal (and Metal v2) graphics APIs. I've also mentioned before that we're trying to swat some of those pesky bad experiences that have cropped up over time.

Regardless I just mentioned this is passing, I'm playing the Sims 3 fine as is. More than anything I find turning off memories makes a huge difference especially loading save games, since every sim the a world has their actions otherwise recorded in pictures bloating...everything.

I think I'm more afraid of what the Sims 5 might be and how we won't get the same creative freedom that even Sims 4 allows...more than anything.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I've been thinking about doing the same thing lately. The main reason I got Origin was to play the Sims 4, and since I get more entertainment from 99 cent games these days, there seems like no point in keeping it around.

My new price point (if I cave at all on something) for the Sims 4 is now a hard line 99 cents because of this, and since we all know they love overpricing things so very very much, it's pretty likely to never happen.

Who would have ever known that the silver lining in all of this is that we can finally throw off the shackles of EA and Origin forever and finally walk into the light.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh well still better for me than Sims 4 :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2020
    @TOLKIEN Fair enough :) That post is so recent I wasn't aware of it so thank you for linking it. It's good they are keeping Mac users updated. The mention of Windows being looked at is a nice surprise... I'll be even more surprised if they officially go through with it.

Yes turning off memories is super important. I haven't had them turned on in years. :D Turning off the interactive loading screen makes load times faster. Lowering High Detail lots in settings is helpful to avoid rendering every nearby lot. With the use of NRaas: Master Controller you can display CAS presets in compact form that drastically speeds up CAS... Plenty of small tips that together make a really big difference.

I do not not have high hopes for Sims 5 either.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Your correct its not been officially announced and I never said it was, all I said is its possible that one day we might get one since they are making it for the mac. I could see them doing it simply to avoid forming another team at more cost and time later however for a win10 version update especially if the team leader tries to get the project approved. Especially with the delays, which has meant more money, EA might want to avoid that and just want to get it done now to avoid financing another lengthy development cycle.

To be honest I'd be more interested in a new patch to fix any remaining game bugs that has been vetted over and over (aka meaning it doesnt create more problems than it fixes) which we definitely won't get so...ya.

This was recently posted in the official answers EA thread today:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9515276/highlight/true#M8367

Is this update for Windows too? I can't comment on product plans or roadmaps that have not already been announced. This is not a coy way of winking and saying that there is a secret plan, nudge-nudge. It's saying that we haven't announced anything and that we can't comment on non-public roadmaps nor can we comment on rumors. What we HAVE announced is that this release is for macOS, that it makes the macOS client be 64-bit, that it adds support for Apple's Metal (and Metal v2) graphics APIs. I've also mentioned before that we're trying to swat some of those pesky bad experiences that have cropped up over time.

Regardless I just mentioned this is passing, I'm playing the Sims 3 fine as is. More than anything I find turning off memories makes a huge difference especially loading save games, since every sim the a world has their actions otherwise recorded in pictures bloating...everything.

I think I'm more afraid of what the Sims 5 might be and how we won't get the same creative freedom that even Sims 4 allows...more than anything.

I am not afraid of sims 5 I am Curious though but I really do want more for 4 first
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    Didn't uninstall it, but stopped playing it a month ago. I went back to Sims 3 and I have a lot of fun with it. Was struggling a bit with building but after reading a bit of forums and Carl's tutorials it came back :) I don't have the fanciest house but I have a lot of gameplay.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I've never uninstalled any games that I bought unless if it's free and I need the space.

I play the Sims series since TS1 and I still find this game is fascinating, probably because of the genre of this game. A simulation game where I can control the outcome, and of course how I manoeuvre the outcomes that coming with some restrictions from the gameplay/feature. It's about life. Life IRL is not perfect, so do my Sims. I need to be creative & think how I can "break" or at least "control" the rules to create my Sims stories.

Among all series, TS2 still feels like one of my best memories, but what past is past. I like how TS4 as how it is, although, I know that there's so much that needed to make it better & memorable for some who play TS4 as their first Sims game. We need more in-depth gameplay, personality, Sims dynamic interaction, like a better A.I., where they can learn the behaviour pattern of how we control their behaviour & how we react in all different situations, to name a few.

Besides, the Sims is not the only game that I'm playing as a hobby, so, I'm not that stressful for not be able to play the game if I'm becoming bored with the game. I like any games that challenge me to change the outcome even there's scripted outcomes. Perhaps, because I like RPG, adventure or anything that I can work on my skills to control & complete the given mission, because I like games with objectives/goals where I can use any methods or ways as long as I reach the final destination.

Maybe, I'm not much a story teller like you, but I do enjoy playing rotational among all 11 households that I have who have different vibes, personality, lifestyle, goals, etc. I sometimes, building for fun, change their world like how I want it feels, and keep on changing it if I think this/that need to be demolished.I also join in CAS challenge whenever I want something different from my Simming time. You know, perhaps, the Sims is among the one of the games where we're allowed to do different things and we can still call it Simming. Building, LP, CAS, Mod, and even being CC creator.

I hope that you'll find your happiness while playing TS3 because no matter what, TS4 will be here, and still be here, because we're still playing with it, even only for 10 minutes. ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    To be honest, I am not really sure why my game is still on my computer. I bought the last 3 EP's for under 20 dollars a pack. They are still unopened. I don't even have the interest to install them. So sad. Maybe one day.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I uninstalled about a week ago. I hadn't played it almost 2 years and I don't see the game improving. But even if it does, I see no reason to give EA my money anymore seeing what their priorities have been for the entire 6 years of this game.