Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP will be the final for Sims 4?

Hey everyone :) I just realized that the Sims 4 will release its tenth EP this year. The final EP for Sims 3 was EP 11.
which EP do you think will be the final for Sims 4? I only did four choices because I wanted to keep it realistic haha.

Which EP will be the final for Sims 4? 51 votes

EP 10
3%
RifftraxRulesClarionOfJoy 2 votes
EP 11
7%
PlayerSinger2010Cinebarmgregory162Nate_Whiplash1 4 votes
EP 12
29%
winkeljohn78CamkatMeteoraStormbabajayneMariefoxprice83loubyloulouAlwe1507bixtersDoloresGreyHopeyStarrNaomiSImblrizecsonpopstarsleynetney52faerieduste 15 votes
EP 13
58%
Colorist40Isb917BloosmooLustianiciataydevqueenmakedafoxybillygnelso1239jennihopecatmando830NiaraTiaraBearpal64LiELFMDianaSimsSheepilingTamakiSakura84thenightcourtlogionDrakossimgraves 30 votes

Comments

• foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    EP 13
    I dont think it will be any time soon
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    EP 11
    The rumor is that TS5 will be ready sometime next year, so I'm guessing maybe 2 more? I could easily be wrong on that
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    The rumor is that TS5 will be ready sometime next year, so I'm guessing maybe 2 more? I could easily be wrong on that

@Nate_Whiplash1

ooh really? where did you see that? i'm kinda outta the loop lol.
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    edited September 2020
    EP 13
    depends what they do - I waited until Sims 4 had toddlers as I wouldn't consider buying it until they had sorted that out plus the editable sims (as I saw on YouTube vids) were pretty bad in the early days, so I waited until 2017 to buy Sims 4 so it may take me that long to buy sims 5
    Post edited by foxybilly on
    EP 11
    Just from various reports across the internet. All I did is google "Sims 5"
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited September 2020

@Nate_Whiplash1

ahh ok thanks :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    EP 13
    Voted 13 but but I think there will be more.. Maybe 18 ish
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    EP 12
    I think they have at least one year left. Average about 2 per year so... yeah that's 12. I wouldn't be surprised though if it went longer and was more than 13.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020
    EP 13
    I don't think it is wise to continue for more than two years... EP10 this year, then two EP's in 2021 and maybe a last one in 2022.

After that, EA's shareholders are going to start wonder why Maxis doesn't have anything for the new consoles.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm going with more than 13, we have been getting 2 EPs a year for the last 3 years

EP1 Get to Work Mar 31, 2015
    EP2 Get Together Dec 8, 2015
    EP3 City Living Nov 1, 2016
    EP4 Cats and Dogs Nov 10, 2017
    EP5 Seasons Jun 22, 2018
    EP6 Get Famous Nov 16, 2018
    EP7 Island Living Jun 21, 2019
    EP8 Discover University Nov 15, 2019
    EP9 Eco Lifestyle Jun 5, 2020
    EP10 Unannounced EP 2020

So, one more this year
    2 next year (in 2021)
    I think TS5 will be announced next year for release in 2022
    2 the following year (in 2022)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    EP 13
    15 Expansion Packs before it's finished. Also, Sims 4 will probably not be done until 2023.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited September 2020
    EP 13
    I'm thinking 13ish. I also kind of expect TS5 (if there is going to be a TS5) to be something different from what they've been doing, like a multiplayer version or Switch version. I hope it will be like TS4 only with updated engines and things. I'm not in a big rush to repurchase the entire game again though. ;)
    EP 11
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I'm thinking 13ish. I also kind of expect TS5 (if there is going to be a TS5) to be something different from what they've been doing, like a multiplayer version or Switch version. I hope it will be like TS4 only with updated engines and things. I'm not in a big rush to repurchase the entire game again though. ;)

Right, especially with all of the money we spent on packs
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    EP 13
    Probably more still will come, I know everyone is waiting for ts5 but to be honest I won't be buying that until I see some positive comments about it on the forum. I won't play an online game unless it has an option and given how watered down the ts4 has become and how it lacks family game play, supernaturals and a host of other things. (Mainly you can't cuddle on the bed, but go to Battu and you can meet a sim with a gun! (Guns in a game with a teen rating, they dont' belong in the Sims, sorry.) I miss the togetherness of family sims, such as adults playing actual games with kids. I'm not going on, Sims 2 and 3 nailed all of these things, Sims 4 is a just a hook up game for ya sims. I've had enough.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    EP 11
    I remain hopeful TS4 will end next year and TS5 be announced (early) but they will probably have time to churn out two tiny EPs with maybe a tiny world. And the huge patch coming in Dec. will probably appease a lot of people and help the falling prices caused by half done packs like SW. Does no one ever notice but me they do a huge patch to get a new player and it's usually pc so they can pat themselves on the back, and then everyone thinks it was about the players when really it was all about money when players start dropping off like flies.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I hope it won't be dragged on too much longer.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Not anytime soon. I'm having fun with this game. ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    EP 13

Unreliable.
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    gnelso1239 wrote: »

Unreliable.

I trust Playstation when they say that TS5 is TBA. They dont just pull stuff from a hat. They're aware of upcoming games and i believe them.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    gnelso1239 wrote: »

Unreliable.

Page 29:
    https://issuu.com/futurepublishing/docs/plt176.issuu_fe

ETA: although it isn’t exactly clear what year it will be announced in. It’s a PS issue dating from May this year. The Sims 5 has a 12+ months expected release date according to the magazine, so I don’t think we’ll see it until 2022.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    EP 13
    They're gonna make as many expansion packs they can... because they wanna get as much money as possible.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Around 16-18 will be the last one and it will be the last EP before The Sims cancellation.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Around 16-18 will be the last one and it will be the last EP before The Sims cancellation.

I don’t believe for one second that there will be a cancellation. Perhaps a delay due to unforeseen circumstances, but I can’t see them cancel TS5...
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    EP 13
    Sthenastia wrote: »

I don't believe they'll be cancelled, I just think the series is going to go downhill and downhill AND that's when they'll give us things the community wants like hotels, cars, better babies, better gameplay and whatnot.