Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How you will improve all the children?

LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims Franchise Discussion
After the Release of the sims 4. Kids becomed worse.

Though if you want to improve all the children. List how you want to improve them.

(Removed The Template because Everyone doesnt seems to Use it)
Post edited by Leosims on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would invest my time into looking at the code of TS2's kids. I would realize people don't live in bubbles. Kids still play games, or they should for physical well being let alone mental health and get them off the tablets and phones in TS4.
    I would spend time with kids on play grounds. I would decide, no kids don't want to spend all day having adult conversations with adults. They just want to play and be free of worry. I wouldn't make them little minimes of adults like TS4 did. What a shame.

I would realize kids don't see the world like you or I. They have fears, they have dreams, they have imagination. They don't have the capacity to understand an action of what might happen if they do this or that. Of course kids know the difference of right and wrong, but their brains can't fathom the outcome too far into the future. Their reasoning isn't as complex nor as experienced as an adult.

So, I would go back and look at the code of TS2's kids and build those again, and I would add the games they played, the attitudes they had, the understanding they had. Let kids be kids and stop making them extentions of adults like they did in TS4. The kid age is the worst ever in TS4 to me. What not to do? Don't ever code kids like they did in TS4 ever again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I would invest my time into looking at the code of TS2's kids. I would realize people don't live in bubbles. Kids still play games, or they should for physical well being let alone mental health and get them off the tablets and phones in TS4.
    I would spend time with kids on play grounds. I would decide, no kids don't want to spend all day having adult conversations with adults. They just want to play and be free of worry. I wouldn't make them little minimes of adults like TS4 did. What a shame.

I would realize kids don't see the world like you or I. They have fears, they have dreams, they have imagination. They don't have the capacity to understand an action of what might happen if they do this or that. Of course kids know the difference of right and wrong, but their brains can't fathom the outcome too far into the future. Their reasoning isn't as complex nor as experienced as an adult.

So, I would go back and look at the code of TS2's kids and build those again, and I would add the games they played, the attitudes they had, the understanding they had. Let kids be kids and stop making them extentions of adults like they did in TS4. The kid age is the worst ever in TS4 to me. What not to do? Don't ever code kids like they did in TS4 ever again.

Why? :(
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I would invest my time into looking at the code of TS2's kids. I would realize people don't live in bubbles.

@Cinebar... well... 2020.

I would like to be able to follow them to school, I want more activites like dance classes we can follow them to, with more layers (recreational or competitive), same with soccer etc. Paper routes, etc. And I want more toys for them. Remote control cars, bikes, hula hoops, etc. Honestly though I think the kids in this game are really good! Anything added to them is a bonus but I love how they are already.

If I REALLY had my way, there would be graduall aging, a 1 year old is diff from a 2 year old and a 9 year old diff from a 10 year old etc. let a couple new things open up at every age and a couple of things disappear at each age... but I dont believe that could ever happen
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2020
    i want more toys and more interaction with other kids for example when they bring a friend form schol i want them to be actually friends like when they bring a freind form school the bar is low like what the heck and i want crushes and more traits for them like devolping a trait whne you age up into a teen

and for the aging up i want them to age up gradually while they are in the kids age like for example the first dayof being a kid is diffrent then the last day liking getting taller
    Lief wrote: »
    i want more toys and more interaction with other kids for example when they bring a friend form schol i want them to be actually friends like when they bring a freind form school the bar is low like what the heck and i want crushes and more traits for them like devolping a trait whne you age up into a teen

My kids always interact with each other but tha't prob because I put them in kids clubs with set activities hahaha! I didn't think about that til just now. Yes that would be nice without it.

There's a mod that lets them have crushes, but I don't really use it, I'd prefer to have preteens and let them have the crushes etc. But yeah I wouldn't mind it either! More traits would be nice!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    There are a number things that can be done, but what gets me is that they at least should not be limited like they have been. They need to be able to do more things other age groups can, such as gardening and taking care of pets (bathing and walking). I would consider this the first step; properly including children in new activities and giving them the functionality they should have from the beginning.
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I would hire psychologists and teachers to decide how to model their personality. But among other stuff in all parts I've felt like there aren't enough interactions between kids and they affect very lttle. And when they go to school they don't even always get introduced with other kids in the same school much less form noticable relationships, although irl kids be like "Hello, i'm Name and now we're best buddies/worst enemies". They tend to grow up withour having a single peer friend, that is just sad :(
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Passies( round and square)
    Baby mat- Sims3 hanging toys
    Stroller and multiples stroller
    Pram choices
    Tall Baby beds like in Sims3
    Baby sling to carry
    Baby carrier for sim's backs
    Car seat
    New type infant holder for floor
    Blankie to cuddle
    Small toys to hold- rattler, small mirror, small plush
    Chew toys- ring, flat bear,

Different bottles- glass ones can break if dropped
    liner bottles, bottles with characters
    Baby juice
    Formula to mix
    Baby bathtub
    Ability to put lotion and other products on
    Small bows for infant girls
    Green thing to suck out mouth/nose
    Baby album
    Baby monitor

Baby shower & gender reveal parties

Ability to buy/use lotion, no tears wash, powder, diapers, colic med, and cream for diaper rash

Thermometer

Cloth and disposable diapers- ouch with the pins

Baby plate/spoon set for baby rice & oatmeal- hand wash in sink

Playpen to lay in- for toddlers too

Baby bags(characters on them, flowers) hold stuff like treasure chests or acts as the infants personal inventory

Stork and other patterns for a t-shirt for preggers

Clothes for every season-. Large snow suits with and without legs, baby hand mits, blankets to be swaddled in(plain, character, lacy), onesies, sleepers, hats to match most outfits, bonnets for girls, frilly dress, baseball player, tux for infant males, breast feeding blanket, bibs, gowns, booties, baby quilts,

Ability to lay on the floor, freed, can take anywhere

Fussy, easygoing, sleeper, curious
    Smell sweet baby scent

Pregnant sim feels baby kick, visit for ultrasound if have GTW,

Toddler-
    Baby doll- child can play with it too
    Train
    Stack rings
    Toy phones- floor & cell models
    Riders for playgrounds like Sims3 miss these
    Tricycle and character ride-ons to peddle
    Passies- round and square
    Blankies- white and character to cuddle
    Cube and shapes
    Round toddler pool

Kids
    Play dough
    Lego's
    Trains
    Small Cars & things to race down on toddler usable and voom boom sound for kid and toddler

Dragon/teddy/kitty ECT plush to cuddle small toddler usable

Beauty set -toddlers use also to mess self up
    Teaset- also toddler use

More playground equipment- merry go round, slide, see saw, tire swing on swing set, sand box

Pogo stick, bikes, go cart, motorized character vehicles to drive around

Making express love always available at all times

Preteen would be nice. An age for uping skills, reading, uping relationships, playing outside on go carts ect
    edited September 2020
    Leosims wrote: »

Why? Because TS4 kids are the worst. Does anyone even realize everything about TS4 kids to make them more like kids and not adults and or more like kids in 1,2 and 3, had to be patched in and then some things had to wait on in Parenthood? and even kid packs.

For example IIRC, tell a secret (I don't play anymore, is it even there?) came in a patch or Parenthood. Shouldn't kids sharing a secret have been in the base?

Have any forgotten kids don't play any kid games with each other at all in TS4. None, unless they added something in a pack. What kind of kid is that in a basegame? A shorter adult.

Does anyone remember there is, was no differences in kids and adults in TS4 except homework assignments on a Sim pc. Wow, isn't that prescious.

I'm serious with my sarcasim, they are the worst. I didn't write bullet points of what to do because there are nuances about kids that should have been in the base. Because those nuances are missing, as if kids were an after thought, they were nothing more than shorter adults who couldn't even do things like take care of a pet and or garden weeds or something. That's worse than 2 or 3 since they can't, let alone any nuances missing about children in a game. A list won't solve their problems.

I stated on another thread a nuance concerning teens in TS2, they run to get the phone, adults don't. Well, can anyone point out any nuances concerning kids in TS4 or even teens, without an extra pack installed that may have added some minor something or other? That is the whole problem with kids in TS4 there aren't any nuances about them, such as play show off (takes a parent or adult, or teen) in TS2. The deep need for 'fun' is a nuance about kids in TS2, how often does anyone have to worry about the TS4 kid's fun level in TS4? Isn't it mostly full all the time....

Those things show a deeper understanding of human nature in different ages, we don't see any of that sort of depth in TS4, so, even if I go point by point of what games they should play (and they should) etc. it still won't make them better than all three other games which didn't forget human nature in the ages.

Think about it deeply, no list can improve TS4 kids without understanding nuances. I mean we had to wait to see monster under the bed, are you kidding me, Maxis, shouldn't those sort of nuances been in a base.

35 packs and there still isn't much difference in kids and adults. What a wasted opportunity to make TS4 one of the better in the series. Kids have no worries in TS4 at all, but little kids have plenty of worries, the world will end, their parents will get divorced, their friend hates them. They also don't really care to sit and talk to adults all day, and those not raised to be tied to a pc or phone, have a big imagination. But if we are just going to add a list of objects to use then did TS4 even ever add a swing set? I don't recall one the three years I did play this game.

Do many of you remember kindegarden where you were taught Stranger Danger, why are little kids hanging with adults all the time in TS4, instead of looking for someone their own age. Do little kids really run up to adults and start conversations with them or if approached do they really just accept the adult as a friend after being taught stranger danger. Nuances matter more than any object list they can apply.

When adults start asking a little kid questions do they not feel uncomfortable and possilby run off? Does a strange adult asking little kids questions not remind any of us of old movies where the little kid runs off and someone is saying, 'hey, little girl, little boy, come back! I just want to ask you a question!' Those type of things improve life stages not objects.

TS3 got some things right, such as families are seen in parks, go to any park in TS3 and you will see the parents or at least one and the baby, the toddler, the child, the teen, and the elder in home. I can make toddlers wander off in TS4 down into the street and no parent comes looking for them (autonomously) like in 1, 2, or 3. It's fine for a story about a wandering toddler, but c'mon, are we really going to accept a non caring parent in TS4, I guess so, because none ever show up. Even townie kids (TS2) are checked on by other townies (not their kin) if a kid is at your Sim house past 6 P.M. Nuances matter. Skills and goals are not a life simulator. The examples I gave is a life simulator available in 1, 2, 3. I have no idea what TS4 is but it's not The Sims.

Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2020

Why? Because TS4 kids are the worst. Does anyone even realize everything about TS4 kids to make them more like kids and not adults and or more like kids in 1,2 and 3, had to be patched in and then some things had to wait on in Parenthood? and even kid packs.

For example IIRC, tell a secret (I don't play anymore, is it even there?) came in a patch or Parenthood. Shouldn't kids sharing a secret have been in the base?

Have any forgotten kids don't play any kid games with each other at all in TS4. None, unless they added something in a pack. What kind of kid is that in a basegame? A shorter adult.

Does anyone remember there is, was no differences in kids and adults in TS4 except homework assignments on a Sim pc. Wow, isn't that prescious.

I'm serious with my sarcasim, they are the worst. I didn't write bullet points of what to do because there are nuances about kids that should have been in the base. Because those nuances are missing, as if kids were an after thought, they were nothing more than shorter adults who couldn't even do things like take care of a pet and or garden weeds or something. That's worse than 2 or 3 since they can't, let alone any nuances missing about children in a game. A list won't solve their problems.

I stated on another thread a nuance concerning teens in TS2, they run to get the phone, adults don't. Well, can anyone point out any nuances concerning kids in TS4 or even teens, without an extra pack installed that may have added some minor something or other? That is the whole problem with kids in TS4 there aren't any nuances about them, such as play show off (takes a parent or adult, or teen) in TS2. The deep need for 'fun' is a nuance about kids in TS2, how often does anyone have to worry about the TS4 kid's fun level in TS4? Isn't it mostly full all the time....

Those things show a deeper understanding of human nature in different ages, we don't see any of that sort of depth in TS4, so, even if I go point by point of what games they should play (and they should) etc. it still won't make them better than all three other games which didn't forget human nature in the ages.

Think about it deeply, no list can improve TS4 kids without understanding nuances. I mean we had to wait to see monster under the bed, are you kidding me, Maxis, shouldn't those sort of nuances been in a base.

35 packs and there still isn't much difference in kids and adults. What a wasted opportunity to make TS4 one of the better in the series. Kids have no worries in TS4 at all, but little kids have plenty of worries, the world will end, their parents will get divorced, their friend hates them. They also don't really care to sit and talk to adults all day, and those not raised to be tied to a pc or phone, have a big imagination. But if we are just going to add a list of objects to use then did TS4 even ever add a swing set? I don't recall one the three years I did play this game.

Do many of you remember kindegarden where you were taught Stranger Danger, why are little kids hanging with adults all the time in TS4, instead of looking for someone their own age. Do little kids really run up to adults and start conversations with them or if approached do they really just accept the adult as a friend after being taught stranger danger. Nuances matter more than any object list they can apply.

When adults start asking a little kid questions do they not feel uncomfortable and possilby run off? Does a strange adult asking little kids questions not remind any of us of old movies where the little kid runs off and someone is saying, 'hey, little girl, little boy, come back! I just want to ask you a question!' Those type of things improve life stages not objects.

TS3 got some things right, such as families are seen in parks, go to any park in TS3 and you will see the parents or at least one and the baby, the toddler, the child, the teen, and the elder in home. I can make toddlers wander off in TS4 down into the street and no parent comes looking for them (autonomously) like in 1, 2, or 3. It's fine for a story about a wandering toddler, but c'mon, are we really going to accept a non caring parent in TS4, I guess so, because none ever show up. Even townie kids (TS2) are checked on by other townies (not their kin) if a kid is at your Sim house past 6 P.M. Nuances matter. Skills and goals are not a life simulator. The examples I gave is a life simulator available in 1, 2, 3. I have no idea what TS4 is but it's not The Sims.

Yes, swingsets came with seasons (And another in IL). Kids in sims 4 have big imaginations, which is clear when you click on them when they play with anything, with each other, when they play pirates on the pond or space aliens or under the sea and you see all the things they imagine growing around them, it's pretty cool! For games they play do't wake the llama with each other in base game.

If you have a lot of kids around they tend to talk with them as much as adults, if not they will talk to adults. They also do have Stranger Danger if they don't know them. When a stranger enters your sims home for example, the kids get the "Stranger Danger" moodlet and get upset by it. Out in public not so much though, it'd be nice but not necessarily realistic, having spent a LOT of time with kids in real life. Stranger Danger is drilled into kids heads in Kindergarten and older but studies show that the majority of kids would still go with a stranger to help them find a lost dog, look at a neat toy, or answer questions etc even though they think they wouldn't. I have often gone to clean up parks etc and kids run up to me and start chatting, they tell me all sorts of stuff. One particular 10 year old I remember, within 5-10 minutes of working I knew his first and last name, the street he lived on, his birthday, the school he went to and who his teacher was, as well as the fact that he had spent the last night at his aunts, what house she lived in, and the fact that he regularly visited said park at a certain time of day. I didn't ask him a single question, he was just chatty, and this is really not overly unusual with kids. Of course some kids are a lot more cautious/shy of adults than others. But it's not unusual either way.

As to the kids fun level, it's stays high if you let them play a lot but goes down quick if they spend most the time doing homework or chores, like real life kids I guess.
    Having kids be partners in crime and come up with elaborate plots are fun too, but can end up badly. For example if they decide to release the hamsters at school together, if they get caught it can affect things like mood/grade but if they get away with it then their fun goes up.

Honestly if you really play them they are a ton of fun, but and fairly realistic to real kids (speaking as a parent and someone who works around kids and has spent years teaching/coaching them from the time I was only 13 myself until now as an almost 40 year old). But that being said... as one of my fav lifestages in the game I am ALWAYS wanting more for them haha! I don't care about adults/teens/young adults in the game. Those stages are all the same to me and once kids age into teens I lose interest, so more game play for the younger ones the better haha! There are so many things I'd love to see for kids added in. Hopefully next year we'll get a generational pack or an outdoor toys stuff pack or something.

And I also totally agree about families in parks. They should be there. not just single adults and kids seperately. I'd love to see them together, same with tots. Why there are no tots in parks with parents or older siblings is beyond me... and quite annoying haha

Yes, swingsets came with seasons (And another in IL). Kids in sims 4 have big imaginations, which is clear when you click on them when they play with anything, with each other, when they play pirates on the pond or space aliens or under the sea and you see all the things they imagine growing around them, it's pretty cool! For games they play do't wake the llama with each other in base game.

If you have a lot of kids around they tend to talk with them as much as adults, if not they will talk to adults. They also do have Stranger Danger if they don't know them. When a stranger enters your sims home for example, the kids get the "Stranger Danger" moodlet and get upset by it. Out in public not so much though, it'd be nice but not necessarily realistic, having spent a LOT of time with kids in real life. Stranger Danger is drilled into kids heads in Kindergarten and older but studies show that the majority of kids would still go with a stranger to help them find a lost dog, look at a neat toy, or answer questions etc even though they think they wouldn't. I have often gone to clean up parks etc and kids run up to me and start chatting, they tell me all sorts of stuff. One particular 10 year old I remember, within 5-10 minutes of working I knew his first and last name, the street he lived on, his birthday, the school he went to and who his teacher was, as well as the fact that he had spent the last night at his aunts, what house she lived in, and the fact that he regularly visited said park at a certain time of day. I didn't ask him a single question, he was just chatty, and this is really not overly unusual with kids. Of course some kids are a lot more cautious/shy of adults than others. But it's not unusual either way.

As to the kids fun level, it's stays high if you let them play a lot but goes down quick if they spend most the time doing homework or chores, like real life kids I guess.
    Having kids be partners in crime and come up with elaborate plots are fun too, but can end up badly. For example if they decide to release the hamsters at school together, if they get caught it can affect things like mood/grade but if they get away with it then their fun goes up.

Honestly if you really play them they are a ton of fun, but and fairly realistic to real kids (speaking as a parent and someone who works around kids and has spent years teaching/coaching them from the time I was only 13 myself until now as an almost 40 year old). But that being said... as one of my fav lifestages in the game I am ALWAYS wanting more for them haha! I don't care about adults/teens/young adults in the game. Those stages are all the same to me and once kids age into teens I lose interest, so more game play for the younger ones the better haha! There are so many things I'd love to see for kids added in. Hopefully next year we'll get a generational pack or an outdoor toys stuff pack or something.

And I also totally agree about families in parks. They should be there. not just single adults and kids seperately. I'd love to see them together, same with tots. Why there are no tots in parks with parents or older siblings is beyond me... and quite annoying haha

But what all you just listed was not in the base, and how many packs did you have to buy to get any of it? I stopped after three years and little kid stages did not have stranger danger, nor did they have swing sets, or play any games together, nor did they do have anything that was kid related. I remember when people were excited over after school projects in TS4 where boxes appeared for kids to work on something. I mean it's taken what? 35 packs and six years for kids to even half resemble kids. It's a little too late in my opinion when they were such an afterthought in the base.
    edited September 2020

But what all you just listed was not in the base, and how many packs did you have to buy to get any of it? I stopped after three years and little kid stages did not have stranger danger, nor did they have swing sets, or play any games together, nor did they do have anything that was kid related. I remember when people were excited over after school projects in TS4 where boxes appeared for kids to work on something. I mean it's taken what? 35 packs and six years for kids to even half resemble kids. It's a little too late in my opinion when they were such an afterthought in the base.

@Cinebar One pack, for just the swing sets are not base game. You need seasons or IL for it. I just brought it up since you asked if swing sets are in the game.

The other stuff I mentioned (Stranger Danger, Don't wake the Llama, playing cards together, and huge imaginations when using jungle gyms, playing school pranks when they are partners in crime...) are all base game.

The school projects you mentioned are fantastic but they came with parenthood, which came out a long time ago, not the 35 packs/6 years we are at now, but yeah they do require parenthood so I didn't mention them.

edited September 2020

@Cinebar One pack, for just the swing sets are not base game. You need seasons or IL for it. I just brought it up since you asked if swing sets are in the game.

The other stuff I mentioned (Stranger Danger, Don't wake the Llama, playing cards together, and huge imaginations when using jungle gyms, playing school pranks when they are partners in crime...) are all base game.

The school projects you mentioned are fantastic but they came with parenthood, which came out a long time ago, not the 35 packs/6 years we are at now, but yeah they do require parenthood so I didn't mention them.

I would like to see a video of stranger danger effects in TS4, if it's there at all. Because I remember my Dr. Who's house had a little girl come over every day, to visit a total stranger. No such worry. Nor did any parent walk up when he approached a little boy and took him all over town. lol Great for a story about Who but nothing there to make the child any different than him as an adult. In TS3 if you walk up to a kid in the park the parent or someone in their family is eventually going to walk over and take them home or at least involve themselves with that situation whatever they may be doing like watch them play catch or whatever.

I would like to see a video of stranger danger effects in TS4, if it's there at all. Because I remember my Dr. Who's house had a little girl come over every day, to visit a total stranger. No such worry. Nor did any parent walk up when he approached a little boy and took him all over town. lol Great for a story about Who but nothing there to make the child any different than him as an adult. In TS3 if you walk up to a kid in the park the parent or someone in their family is eventually going to walk over and take them home or at least involve themselves with that situation whatever they may be doing like watch them play catch or whatever.

I don't know about videos, you'd have to look them up, but yeah if your child visits someone else you don't get it, more if a stranger visits your house. However, I looked it up and it says that stranger danger (there are actually too traits of it)... the first is tied to the Loner trait. So it maybe happens with adults too? I've never had it happen with adults, only kids but I play kids a lot more. When a stranger (usually Npc like grim or the maid) arrives the kid runs away.

The second stranger danger moodlet is a sad one for tots where they run and hide behind a parent with the moodlet saying "Stranger alert! Stranger alert!" or something like that.

I don't see either pop up too often though.

I don't know about videos, you'd have to look them up, but yeah if your child visits someone else you don't get it, more if a stranger visits your house. However, I looked it up and it says that stranger danger (there are actually too traits of it)... the first is tied to the Loner trait. So it maybe happens with adults too? I've never had it happen with adults, only kids but I play kids a lot more. When a stranger (usually Npc like grim or the maid) arrives the kid runs away.

The second stranger danger moodlet is a sad one for tots where they run and hide behind a parent with the moodlet saying "Stranger alert! Stranger alert!" or something like that.

I don't see either pop up too often though.

I must be missing a pack because I haven't seen any of that in TS4 and I did have several families up to all the EPs or GPs from base to Parenthood.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member

@Cinebar That was so well put view of what (amongst other things) is wrong with TS4 children.
    It made me feel so strange switching rotational households to come by one of my families kids having like 10 totally unknown YA/adult/elder NPC townie friends or enemies.. or the situation when I realised my adult sim could just walk into a park and start up a conversation with a child and chat for a couple of hours and then just hug and kiss their cheeks... no, they weren't in any way related. And my sim didn't know the childs parents. It just felt sooooooo weird and wrong.

I wish there would be a lot more child (or any life stage, toddler to elder) spesific socializations and activities. I hate it that they can't play tag for example. Also the THREE aspirations are killing me. And for children/teens of the game the lack of traits is even worse than adults. I end up picking the select few every time :<

I am annoyed that children are not able to clean the toilet or counters or weed the garden, because c'mon every kid has to do stuff like that and the reason is obviously that they didn't want to animate those things. And that's sad. I wish we could actually enjoy gameplay from toddler to elder more now that we have taken big steps of playing sims of any kind of color.
    origin ID: adduapina
    adduapina wrote: »

@Cinebar That was so well put view of what (amongst other things) is wrong with TS4 children.
    It made me feel so strange switching rotational households to come by one of my families kids having like 10 totally unknown YA/adult/elder NPC townie friends or enemies.. or the situation when I realised my adult sim could just walk into a park and start up a conversation with a child and chat for a couple of hours and then just hug and kiss their cheeks... no, they weren't in any way related. And my sim didn't know the childs parents. It just felt sooooooo weird and wrong.

I wish there would be a lot more child (or any life stage, toddler to elder) spesific socializations and activities. I hate it that they can't play tag for example. Also the THREE aspirations are killing me. And for children/teens of the game the lack of traits is even worse than adults. I end up picking the select few every time :<

I am annoyed that children are not able to clean the toilet or counters or weed the garden, because c'mon every kid has to do stuff like that and the reason is obviously that they didn't want to animate those things. And that's sad. I wish we could actually enjoy gameplay from toddler to elder more now that we have taken big steps of playing sims of any kind of color.

They seemed to put a lot of 'messaging'in TS4 about things like taking care of the earth, etc. maybe kids not having to do chores is another one and they don't think they should have to do that, like some of them thought dog houses are bad. But I would guess it's because they have excuses about animations.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Send them to military school...That'll smarten the little buggers up. Sims Military School. Make it happen.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    Send them to military school...That'll smarten the little buggers up. Sims Military School. Make it happen.

There is when you treat your Child Poorly in The Sims 1 But Social workers will take the Child as of Sims 2 and 3 And they do not appear in the Sims 4 so Kids will Disappear when the Parents didn't appear or died.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I agree that TS4 kids need a lot of work. I usually end up with a family that has a lot of kids and I would really love for them to be able to do more children like stuff, more special games between them and other kids, pranks, children's clubs, more after school activities, being able to react more like children to the world around them... I remember back in 2014 when I was playing new TS4 I had a kid and went with him to the park and all he could do was playing on the pirate ship... I was very disappointed... I so hope we will get some kind of generations pack where they will add these things.

Right now I use mods and I have a family that has now 3 children and with mods you can make the kids feel pretty decent and unique, but it would be nice if it was added in the official game at some point.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Give them playgrounds, slides, sandpits, treehouses, ect. I've found the things for kids to do in Sims 4 is all skill focused. They really need to add more play aspects for kids. They can build skills while playing. Also play interactions with eachother like tag, hand games, cops and robbers. Overall they need more play aspects and they will be good.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos