Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member

Update on the Lockhart Legacy

Bree spoke to her baby brother/sister before going to school
    fi0xW16.jpg

Angelica invited her also pregnant friend Zelda around who brought her son Julian
    q9MGZE0.jpg

Angelica went into labor just as the twins got home which caused a lot of panic for everyone except Oliver who seemed to be completely calm. Briars imaginary friend Ted decided to just stroll through the chaos.
    kH84Sj1.jpg

Angelica gave birth to a baby boy called Frazier Lockhart but unfortunately I forgot to capture the moment.

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited September 2020
    @OliviaAR

I have played S3 since 2010, its a game that never
    get old hehe.

@BlackSand

I checked and that male dancer was named Albert.
    Great photos.

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2020
    @KayeStar This is the one simple easy technique you will learn today on your way to making awesome houses.

Lesson One The half gable roof is your friend. :p

This is one single simple thing you can do to add character and multiple angles to any build to give it curb appeal.

Will make it super easy so you can actually just do one of your own this will be a simple quaint cottage

Step 1 a 6x6 box literally that is it

pCXOhVY.png

Step 2 make another 6x6 box on top of that one

0qbJCIo.png

Step 3 Use just a basic tall gable roof

brNWQwk.png

Now so far nothing stands out or is impressive because the build lacks angles let us make this better

Add a 3x6 area to the left of your bottom 6x6 square as shown *left as in facing the screen*

gVYAleL.png

Now simply by adding a unique angle it can change the look of a boring build and we do this with the half gable roof

See...you can adjust the height to your liking with pitch control

jVjtI9V.png

Now let us spice it up

First a cute roof end added (They are found in decor/roof decor) midnight hollow comes with several for example

Ay5GOPE.png

Add windows and a door

KXB87gz.png

Add some siding wallpaper etc ,it is good to mix it up to use several textures

0jW8gVt.png

Add some plants and bushes and trees

NQaAGX4.png

Went with a stone fence and my suggestion is several of the wedding arches make for a pretty entranceway

7veR50s.png

Simple and cute

xuaOT2U.png

Hey what are you a vampire.....

turn on some lights :s

Ok

Qqqhqtz.png

So easy it is criminal

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2020
    @CravenLestat those are already in the game?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!
    Edited to add: I don't own Midnight Hollow! :'( Are there any others from packs?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited September 2020
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    @CravenLestat those are already in the game?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!
    Edited to add: I don't own Midnight Hollow! :'( Are there any others from packs?

Yes

Example this one comes with Dragon Valley

YhLpmDb.png

there are 2 total from DV

Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited September 2020
    @HillyBeth And another from Midnight Hollow

8EqJeh4.png
    Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited September 2020
    These 2 came with Dragon Valley

LAXvlhO.png

Here it is used They are all CAStable in several zones

esqQsgS.png

DfydFiZ.gif
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @CravenLestat ... That's a cute house!

Nice placement with the trees as well, and they don't block the view.
    The gable roof is perfect, especially with the door choice.

One of these days I'll figure out how to build a cute house.
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    edited September 2020
    @BlackSand I am gonna kick you :s even if you are joking you only need to make two 6x6 boxes and then attach a 3x6 rectangle to the side.And you have one too

Now stop playing around or we are gonna have a pillow fight to the death.You won last time but this time mine is filled with bricks

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited September 2020
    @MamaSimTee I didn't forget have been busy but...

Not only do you get the pattern but the sim I just made for the no CC thread too.

FVqJT9g.png

Will send the link to your messages and also to make sure you get the pattern will send it separate

@Emily4331 and Emmorill You are all that is left I still owe you both a sim that is all that is left and will be caught up.

Also Emorrill wanted to tell you I just paid 1,000 bucks 2 of my apple trees are done :( a crew is coming in and taking them down plus hauling everything away and stump grinding

One is part of my pet cemetery so I am sad have been working on a new one and had to drag tons of stones and river rock by hand away I had as a decor wall with ferns and flowers.I have a temp version I been working on will try to send you a pic temp as in so late in the season to truly plan it out flower wise etc

DfydFiZ.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm not sure if the owl is singing along to the piano but it was very adorable regardless. <3Pardon the lag from my heavily modded game + snowstorm and busy household you can probably hear in the background. edit: Yup... That's a broken shower in the background too. oops lol
    https://youtu.be/da2vx8lizvA
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @BlackSand I am gonna kick you :s even if you are joking you only need to make two 6x6 boxes and then attach a 3x6 rectangle to the side.And you have one too

Now stop playing around or we are gonna have a pillow fight to the death.You won last time but this time mine is filled with bricks

Oh ... I didn't say nothing about not being able to build a house ...
    I just said I am horrible at building cute houses.

I know why ... It's because you can't do this in a 6x6 box ...

50376774777_cdee04b3f5_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Ultimate Sim Update

X7TKxGm.jpg
    Lauren was first up again so I had Christopher take care of her. His relationship with her increased to friend so now she is friends with both parents.

wtZ3UEa.jpg
    Today was also Lauren's birthday. As Brittany is closer to her than Christopher (at the time), she was the one to take her to the cake.

9QQWTzS.jpg
    She's a cute little toddler, although as I mentioned before, I was going to replace whatever the original look was to look closer to the original Lauren. It's just something about her eyes that I can't get right. Her nose is Brittany's while her lips are somewhat like Christopher's, just not as thick. Regardless, she's close enough for me to deal with it.

J8KJpE2.jpg
    Lauren went to play while the four adults ate the birthday cake. I let her pick whatever toy she was drawn to until an adult was available to interact with her.

lisohvc.jpg
    Christopher was ready so I had him start to teach Lauren to use the potty. I have a good plan that will make sure I get this done, as you'll see in a minute.

Qfwr6oV.jpg
    Brittany went to city hall to throw a protest against unskilled Sims. I mentioned before that a successful protest of this kind gives Brittany a 2 day moodlet for faster skill learning. However, it doesn't just help Brittany but the entire household gets the moodlet too. This will make sure Lauren gets a great head start.

7mOWVPx.jpg
    While Brittany was busy with her protest, Christopher started to teach Lauren to walk. The protest wasn't done so it did take the original time to partially learn the skill.

pWXvrjp.jpg
    When Brittany got back, she continued her work towards 150 elixirs. She was very close but I had to have her stop to take care of other business.

EVXnEHG.jpg
    Most of the afternoon, Christopher read all the toddler books to Lauren at the library. I can't remember what skills they help with but it'll giver her a good head start. I'll have to look at how skilled the original Lauren was and see if I can compete with that. She'll be more of an Ultimate Sim than Brittany by adulthood, although Brittany will have skill challenges done and other accomplishments that Lauren won't.

veT2jPT.jpg
    Before bed, I like to have my toddler use the potty but Lauren was too tired to even attempt it. Brittany let her sleep just long enough to make her feel more refreshed then resumed training. Due to the moodlet, Lauren learned the potty skill so there is only walking and talking left. After that, I had Brittany put her back in the crib. In a few days, I'll have to make Sue and Abraham share a room as I need a bedroom for Lauren.

5Qers5B.jpg
    The following morning, Brittany was the first up. She ate her breakfast while Sue Scotch was drinking for her breakfast.

ajxTZsg.jpg
    Ue77XWQ.jpg
    Brittany then began to train Lauren in the last two skills. It didn't take very long and Lauren had learned both skills. Now there really isn't much more she can learn until she ages up.

23M4e1N.jpg
    That took long enough that Brittany had to eat again. Christopher was working on his newest book so they didn't really have a conversation. I'm hoping this next book gains him a promotion but I'm not counting on it.

cpwB8BJ.jpg
    Brittany and Lauren have more fun now she is a toddler. Christopher didn't have a lot of interactions with her today but he'll be playing babysitter when Brittany goes back to work in a day or two.

k0Brvy7.jpg
    rX37D8W.jpg
    He did get some romantic time with his wife though, something they hadn't had much time for in the previous days. However, they will not have another child together but they will have at least one grandchild in the near future from Lauren and her future husband. I'm keeping it at one child per husband for this save, although that may not be the case if she has twins or triplets. The rules, as far as I know, don't say you have to have multiples but I may do it just to add to the list of things that are possible for Sims to accomplish.

***I played two days last night as I got really into the save after Lauren's birthday. The challenge will take a small break so I can play the Langeraks over the weekend but it'll be back sometime soon. For that family, I'm wanting to try and get the PlantSim born, if that's what is harvested.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @CravenLestat Yay!!!!!!!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited September 2020
    Built a house yesterday...
    Screenshot.jpg
    I haven't done the interior yet...but it's three levels and it seems to be more like a luxury home on a 30x30. Evidently it costs §95,000.

Yeah, I know... City Hall would have an absolute ****-fit. They would tell me that I'm wayyyy over the allowable footprint on the lot.

BTW...what's the allowable building footprint in Sunset Valley. Oh...you mean it was only 0.48? Whooooops. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited September 2020
    @CravelLestat and @HillyBeth I just have to jump in here when talking about easy ways to liven up a build. I have done several build videos, some of which are somewhat complicated, but one I think you might enjoy @HillyBeth is the one on Dormer Windows. They are really simple and easy to do and useful to have too. I made a video because it takes so long to type out all of the instructions every time someone wants to know how to do them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3fcFRYUQJA&amp;t=3s

This is strictly on adding dormer windows. No attempt was made to make it look pretty.

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

@lisasc360 I've heard Verizon is down a lot. I got Comcast and it usually does fairly well. I have had a few times were I have to reset the gateway by unplugging it and waiting a minute or so but otherwise it's good.
    You're welcome.

@BlackSand Cool, even their swimwear matches.
    I'm glad they have an instructor to watch over them.
    Nice room.

@rubyskywalker Just use testingcheatsenabled true and then you can drag relationship bars. You don't have to use MC for it. :smile:

@liizzys1302 Looking forward to seeing what the gender is.
    I see Zelda became a fairy. Doesn't look like Julian inherited it though.
    Congrats on the birth of Frazier!
    Great update!

@CravenLestat Nice tutorial, that looks like it makes a good starter home. Now I'm curious how you'd do a layout for the rooms.
    Great job on the Sim! Love the Harley cat.

@SimplyJen Says the video is blocked by the video owner, although I can watch it if I go to YouTube.

@Nikkei_Simmer Awesome house!

@Karritz Dormer windows really add something to a build, especially if it seems something is missing.

***All caught up. Hope all of you have a wonderful rest of your day and happy Simming!
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2020
    These 2 came with Dragon Valley

LAXvlhO.png

Here it is used They are all CAStable in several zones

esqQsgS.png

I do own Dragon Valley but installing it will take an hour and a half or so. My computer is a brat. :pensive:

On another note, I restarted the Legacy Challenge but with only Carson Lowell, who was one of two sims I made back when I first started playing Sims 3. I did make his love Annabeth Garcia in a separate household but I'm not 100% sure I want them to marry each other. Oh, a burglar also showed up to his place, but the doof was too busy freaking out about the alarm I have outside to steal anything.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @SimplyJen That video made my day! :3
    Me after opening and transferring 225 CC hair files to my mods folder.
    YG-xnJ.gif
    Asked my wife to hit me in the head with a frying pan the next time I come up with THIS bright idea.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited September 2020
    ...and in my Apocalypse game...that I'm playing so that I can get some more material for chapters. :mrgreen:
    Looks like my sims are "in for it..."
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Screenshot-7.jpg
    Radiation loaded clouds.
    Screenshot-10.jpgScreenshot-11.jpg
    The guard shack...is in ruins...
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    But at least the bunker is OK. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    edited September 2020
    Didn't do much though I was roaming about, and decided to try a little more cc had an issue with the stylist career camera and it crashed my game but I tried several saves so I think it's fine but meh me thinks I'll change his job when I remakeover him and make sure the save that had problems really is fine. Anyhoo tossed out some awesomes and came specifically to show what my cc did to some of them.
    0TCRktZ.jpg
    Now I'm a weirdo so I get a kick out of letting my sims have their "fourth wall breaks" toys and pets included so I imagine she's mad at me for leaving her in limbo so long....or because I interrupted her shower Blake is a lovable pain in the backside...lol.
    7WdDIJ9.jpg
    She's so pretty I hate it cause I know she's supposed to be an awful person now ah well I love my problem children too :s
    K45QecK.jpg
    Their synchronized walk probably amused me more than it should have I haven't seen Bert yet but her man here hmmmmm,
    mWYGUtD.jpg
    Then I switched over and checked part of the Goth family, say what you will but Gunther is pretty,
    ZgaR4fV.jpg
    Meg's too, I'mma have to stop adding wiffaH to her name now hehe.
    PN7Sp2f.jpg
    And Lizzie too, she's almost as pretty as her sister.
    TfBJHd2.jpg
    Finally, I moved again to Karen's save the one we were allowed to makeover see I started with my makeover of the literal male version of Ariel and I forgot where they were, they were named Hudson Hipsters instead of an actual family name. Anyhoo their child was born I'll have to change his name to Maestro later but he's er....unique.
    PzLErOh.jpg
    I mean look at his father...I think it's his mothers fault she's not pictured but she's very pretty her face is just longer than I remembered....lol.
    3UBJLyZ.jpg
    It was his birthday, he's in fact also..........super pretty so good for him, now Karen and Darren well..skins aren't always the best with the darker tone but it doesn't look bad enough that I would take it out it's just noticeable. Will I show you?....Don't know let me know if you care to take a look. I plan on updating my graphics card a little later perhaps by black friday or cy monday but considering how nice it looks with the lighter shades I don't think it's that.
    nIMOqNu.jpg
    Now this is the one I don't know it saved, I remember saving a few times before the issue at his job but it's a blank my head is just like that but aren't they gorgeous? That's Don Lothario and his daughter Dracana it wasn't till he had her that he had any luck with love even the tourist attached to his hip wouldn't give him the time of day then he fell much too hard for someone that has someone, well he got what he wanted if that was my save point I'll check.

Anyhoo that's all.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @MamaSimTee Sent her,and sent the pattern in case it is not attached.Install the top first it is a store top if you don't own it tell me I will buy it for ya.Her name is Paulette and she loves the supernatural and wants to hunt ghosts.

sTy2wYe.png

The store top used I tried to do rest of her basic stuff

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:37481&scategoryId=11899

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited September 2020
    Yeah...I seriously need "Sims Anonymous" rehab group.
    SimsAddiction2.png
    Doesn't seem like much, huh? :mrgreen:
    Counsellor, may I put it in more succinct terms that will explain this addiction?
    SimsAddiction.jpg
    Yeah, I need serious help.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited September 2020
    @CravenLestat

Very cute house.

@Brandontaylor

Great updates

@bekkasan

I enjoyed the most recent update, can't remember if I already