Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you tidy up your sim's house while they are sleeping or busy?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
    yes
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Yes is in the lead for now, aren't we all little mother hen's over our pixel babies hahahahaha.
    You see you’re all too good to them. They’ll never learn anything that way. Discipline is what they need! >:)

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I clean up for them... But I make them single parents of seven toddlers. Does that count as discipline?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    yes
    I drag books to bookshelves, empty dishes and glasses to the sink, and food to the fridge. But, they clean their own toilets and counters.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited September 2020
    I will sometimes drag plates to the sink or bin and often drag food to the fridge as they are useless putting it away, but I try to make them do it themselves.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Yes is in the lead for now, aren't we all little mother hen's over our pixel babies hahahahaha.
    You see you’re all too good to them. They’ll never learn anything that way. Discipline is what they need! >:)

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I clean up for them... But I make them single parents of seven toddlers. Does that count as discipline?

That’s just cruelty. 😂
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    no
    Nope. Making my sims do it means time management is key to how I play.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    no
    I forgot, there is one thing I always do for them. I throw away that ghastly welcome wagon fruitcake as soon as I can.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    no
    Isharell wrote: »
    I forgot, there is one thing I always do for them. I throw away that ghastly welcome wagon fruitcake as soon as I can.

I just force them to eat it all.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    yes
    When my Sim is finished eating, I smack their hand and tell them to go do something else, I've got the dishes! Silly Sim, you've got skills to build and goals to achieve, and considering it'll add another ten minutes onto the time it just took you to eat that grilled cheese, and it'll take me three seconds... just go, Sim. Let me clean up.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    no
    For some reason my Sims seem to be overwhelmingly neat. I don't even have to hire a maid most times.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    no
    I make my sims do it themselves!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sometimes. It is usually when a dish is placed in a position where the sim or maid cannot get to it like on a wall shelf or in a bookshelf.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    yes
    Often, yes, but if there are a zillion dirty dishes and empty glasses after a gathering, I hire a one-time maid. xD
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    no
    No, I've grabbed the odd plate if they are doing a lot of things at once or if I just don't want to focus on it but I usually make them clean up or take out their trash or mop.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    yes
    Sometimes. Primarily if they're busy and the mess that needs addressed is really bugging me. Otherwise they can clean it up themselves lol.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    yes
    Thanks all for your comments and votes, Yes is still going strong <3
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    yes
    Usually, my Sims keep their homes tidy on their own. I'll step in when they've been really busy with things like work, school, or skilling. I'd rather not have them die trying to do something when they're exhausted or on the brink of a breakdown. I rarely have an issue with a Sim leaving a plate of glass on a shelf that they can't reach later. If they do, then I figure it was my fault for putting the shelf there in the first place so I'll take care of it. I tend to build small homes so there usually isn't a lot of space available for deco items except for some of their paintings.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I just drag things into the bin when I see them
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    yes
    I make sure to have them clean up after themselves and when they are away i stack those chores in one location if possible so the place doesn't look like a warzone.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    no
    Do I look like a maid?
    They can do that themselves!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    no
    No, I never have, never will. It's a life simulator, they made that mess, they can clean it up. No one in my life reaches down to drag my trash on the floor over to a self paying can. Why should Sims have it so easy? It breaks immersion in my opinion. The only thing I did often was sometimes move a newspaper inside when I got tired of a grumpy Sim or a Sim who was mad at my Sims (TS2) from stealing it if they hadn't found a job yet. But I don't usually use the hand of god in any of these games. And only if a plate was stuck and they couldn't pick it up anymore and need to cheat to reset it.

LOL, and omg, compare the 'mess' in TS4 to TS2's fifty stinky bottles on the floor, are you kidding me, they can pick this stuff up in TS4 themselves, they don't know what dirt is and would probably snap if they lived in some homes in TS2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    no
    I find it to be part of the fun to let my sims do it. Also not queued up by me, by the way. They want to live in a heap of filth? I let them.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I prefer for my Sims to clean up after themselves, but I'll intervene and drag books to shelves and dishes to the sink, from time to time, if they aren't keeping up.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    no
    I honestly don't see the need. They don't step over books nor even see them, they can walk right through stuff, it's not usually blocking them like in older games, so yeah, it's just more like FX at some point and not even necessary when a tense or uncomfortable moodlet doesn't even matter anyway, and always happy no matter what.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    no
    I make them clean up or leave it for a maid, if hired.

I actually saved some dirty glasses and plates in my sims’ inventories so they would have something to clean on my Spring Cleaning holiday.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Only if they can't clean it up themselves, like if the game is glitched.