Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100+ New Skin Tones and Makeup Sliders Confirmed

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    This is nice and all but are they actually ever going to address the bugs that Eco Lifestyle has unleashed on our games?

For those of us who don't use custom, this is a good update. And I'm sure they're working on squashing all sorts of bugs, EL and non-EL. It takes a while to find/replicate the problems then figure out the code changes needed.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Ohh.. I can't wait to see what the makeup sliders are about also. Most of the makeup looks too dark to me lipsticks especially to be able to tone it down or ramp it up sounds great.
    Glad for the warning too about the graphics needed ... looks like not everyone might be able to run this though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Finally, there's hope for Marcus Flex after all these years. I could never understand why I didn't like him until the skin tone was pointed out to me. He could be done so, so much better.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Ohh.. I can't wait to see what the makeup sliders are about also. Most of the makeup looks too dark to me lipsticks especially to be able to tone it down or ramp it up sounds great.
    Glad for the warning too about the graphics needed ... looks like not everyone might be able to run this though.

May be good incentive for me to get a new gaming laptop after the first of the year. B)

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm so glad this is happening. I really appreciate that they are letting us know what is coming and have given us a schedule, too.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yeah, i am glad that they are giving us updates about this as well, although it is making the wait even more unbearable now that i know what is in store haha.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    This is nice and all but are they actually ever going to address the bugs that Eco Lifestyle has unleashed on our games?

For those of us who don't use custom, this is a good update. And I'm sure they're working on squashing all sorts of bugs, EL and non-EL. It takes a while to find/replicate the problems then figure out the code changes needed.

I know it takes time but they're supposed to be professionals at this and in the mean time they have managed to release two new packs. It's highly frustrating at this point. Gardening is broken since Eco Lifestyle released. I'm not that into gardening personally but some people are and it's not fair that people have to wait this long for a fix. The N.A.P's are a huge part of the expansion but they're unplayable and highly disruptive the game without mods to fix them. I'm sorry but this service is just not good enough. I'm happy for those that wanted the skin tones, I really am but more needs to be done and far sooner than Decemeber.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Also to be fair there are some bugs they can’t squash because they’re caused by low specs and people not updating GPUs whether folks want to admit it or not. They can only squash what they can replicate on their end.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    This is actually super exciting and much more than I thought we'd get. It's about time we had more customisation options than an online dress up game.

I hope that maybe next year they'll also introduce more hair colours, the blondes and browns leave a lot to be desired.

But I'm honestly pleasantly surprised :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Also to be fair there are some bugs they can’t squash because they’re caused by low specs and people not updating GPUs whether folks want to admit it or not. They can only squash what they can replicate on their end.

Exaaactly. The fact that people STILL don't get this is just baffling to me.

I know it takes time but they're supposed to be professionals at this and in the mean time they have managed to release two new packs. It's highly frustrating at this point. Gardening is broken since Eco Lifestyle released. I'm not that into gardening personally but some people are and it's not fair that people have to wait this long for a fix. The N.A.P's are a huge part of the expansion but they're unplayable and highly disruptive the game without mods to fix them. I'm sorry but this service is just not good enough. I'm happy for those that wanted the skin tones, I really am but more needs to be done and far sooner than Decemeber.

Not everyone gets hit with the same bugs -- I haven't observed any issues with gardening, but that's just me and my system. December is the big skin tone update, but we're likely to see patches in October and November as well (especially if we're getting an EP to take advantage of the pre-Winterfest sales B) ). Perhaps the fixes will be in one of those patches.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I will simply say, there’s a definite group who don’t play S4, but make it a hobby to complain about it no matter what dlc, or improvements are on offer. I don’t deny there are issues but I genuinely feel like the devs are trying their best for us.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Yeah... I know a lot of "Not Gamers" play Sims but the fact that people had an issue with the 64 bit thing, when no computer released for TWELVE YEARS have been 32 bit, kind of puts the problem in the owner's court, not EA.

If your computer is a 32 bit machine, you need to change priorities if you want to continue to play any (and I mean any) games.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    This is amazing! For those concerned , the skintones+sliders wont impact gameplay development. Im sure the rest of the game is still being tackled :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

This is great :)

I have a lot of CC for blushes and some CC-occult-skins. It might take a while before I update my game but I'm looking forward to reading about it.
    As a side-note I never understood the complaint when an update breaks CC, or when CC or mods break the game.
    It is, quite frankly, not EA's job NOR their moral obligation to even THINK about testing anything on a modded game. Mods are, per definition, installed "As is" on your own responsibility.

Bugs that happens on regular machines with common hardware and no mods or CC installed? Those are EA's job AND moral obligation to fix. As a recent victim of the persistent "Double Festival" bug I know exactly how frustrating it can be. But if a game update breaks your CC, or if your script mod causes crashes to desktop after an update?

It's your fault, your problem and your responsibility to fix. Or uninstall the mod, of course.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    As a side-note I never understood the complaint when an update breaks CC, or when CC or mods break the game.
    It is, quite frankly, not EA's job NOR their moral obligation to even THINK about testing anything on a modded game. Mods are, per definition, installed "As is" on your own responsibility.

Bugs that happens on regular machines with common hardware and no mods or CC installed? Those are EA's job AND moral obligation to fix. As a recent victim of the persistent "Double Festival" bug I know exactly how frustrating it can be. But if a game update breaks your CC, or if your script mod causes crashes to desktop after an update?

It's your fault, your problem and your responsibility to fix. Or uninstall the mod, of course.

Has there been a lot of simmers demanding EA test with CC, don't remember seeing it. I might have missed it. Hmm... I think it is different when you just plainly state "jupp, some of this lovely stuff will be broke".

Ha ha, one of my favorite blushes is from a creator that did this in 2016/2017 and then went missing. Can just imagine hunting them down and sending an e-mail. "Hi, 3-4 years ago you did some really nice CC. Would you like to come back please".

I will just have to wait a little but until the creators come out with new stuff that is tailored to the new improved skins :)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I’d much rather have this for hair colours, which are dire, but hey, it’s progress I guess.

Has there been a lot of simmers demanding EA test with CC, don't remember seeing it. I might have missed it. Hmm... I think it is different when you just plainly state "jupp, some of this lovely stuff will be broke".

Ha ha, one of my favorite blushes is from a creator that did this in 2016/2017 and then went missing. Can just imagine hunting them down and sending an e-mail. "Hi, 3-4 years ago you did some really nice CC. Would you like to come back please".

I will just have to wait a little but until the creators come out with new stuff that is tailored to the new improved skins :)

Not outright. But a lot of Simmers get angry when "A bug" breaks something and it turns out they have modded their game to beyond the stars.
    I think most accept black-faced (not Blackface ;) ) Sims or freaky eyes after an update, but things that are not obviously caused by CC? Like as I said new features not working, working too good (spreading to places they shouldn't) or crashes to Desktop? Very quckly it is "EA's fault" because the cause is not apparent.
    So_Money wrote: »
    I’d much rather have this for hair colours, which are dire, but hey, it’s progress I guess.

Not only is it progress, its something tons of POC simmers wanted. It wont be for everyone, same as every other update or addition to the game.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    This is great news I guess but none of this is going to improve the base game.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    This is great news I guess but none of this is going to improve the base game.

Its not intended to. Its an improvement for CAS.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    So glad to see this news and look forward to using this. I really hope to see more updates with S4, because it is really a good game IMHO.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Cool! Loved this feature in Sims 3, and it shows how the devs screwed up with Sims 4. Keep this energy and overhaul personalities next so your fans don’t have to bully you into making good choices for your game again.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Glad they're doing what people wanted but I'm a bit concerned about the "updating base game hairs", wouldn't it be better to just add new ones? I'm not a huge fan of the idea of hairstyles I use suddenly getting changed