Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Takissis Shell Challenge - October Challenge

Comments

• NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    Hi there! I am interested in doing your August challenge but have a few questions.

1) Can we change the roof style?
    2) Can we add or remove the side decking/porches that are on there?
    3) If we cannot change the roof style can we add things to it?
    4) Can we add or change staircases?
    edited August 2020
    NiniBeMe69 wrote: »
    Hi there! I am interested in doing your August challenge but have a few questions.

1) Can we change the roof style?
    2) Can we add or remove the side decking/porches that are on there?
    3) If we cannot change the roof style can we add things to it?
    4) Can we add or change staircases?

I saw on the download a couple of questions were answered already, so just wandering about the stairs?
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @NiniBeMe69 You can change anything except the exterior walls. This includes the layout, the stairs the foundation height, you can put a totally different roof or roofs if you like. You can also do whatever you please with doors and windows and stair rails and that stuff. You’re also free to choose a lot size that suits what you wanna do for outdoor space.
  • TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
    Yep, everything @JojoMOMSTER said. The only rule is that you cannot delete or move the exterior walls. You can however change the height. Anything else is acceptable.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Did not know you had a shell challenge thread! Saw the shell on the gallery. I'm tempted...very tempted too! Gotta finish two other builds first though!
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited August 2020
    Edit: Looking through all the pictures again I think I failed it. I think I widened where the front door is. So I will leave it and I will just try again on your next challenge. Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

Your Gallery ID: NiniBeMe69
    Lot Name: Summergrove Manor
    Gallery Link https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/06DDF313DD0B11EA8EC5C9AC8BDFCA94?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=NiniBeMe69&max=50&maxis=false:
    Slideshow Link (if any): https://app.photobucket.com/slideshow/u/NiniBeMe69/a/543f8475-8960-4173-973a-cd66c48cc96b
    Feedback Requested?: Yes or No Yes, I appreciate any and all feedback
    Additional Information/Backstory/Credits: There are 138 photos so the slideshow would be the best option to see all of them. Some of them may look like duplicates but I tried to get alot of different angles of all areas of the home.

SUMMERGROVE MANOR

This is my entry for the August shell challenge. There is not CC and the lot has been fully play tested. There were additions of stairs, balconies, and fencing. This was a great challenge and was a lot of fun for me. Thanks and I look forward to your next shell challenge.

08_12_20_7_45_15_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    08_12_20_7_23_24_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    08_12_20_7_21_52_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    08_12_20_6_26_57_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    08_12_20_6_26_20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by NiniBeMe69 on
    @NiniBeMe69, You have created a beautiful modern home here that is really well done. I just love the changes you made to the entry way and the landscaping is beautiful. I mean really, I love the clusters of trees and everything is so colorful.

The zen like area in the front is well done. I had to load a sim in just so I could see the fountains work. So pretty! I love the pool area. There is lots of seating for entertaining, but it still maintains the zen-like theme of the rest of the outside. The snail statue is a cute touch. I don't think I've ever use that particular one, but it's adorable. Oh and the hot tub and grill area!

I love all the little changes to the outside. You changed the entryway and stairs to the guest house that fits so well. Another quick comment on the landscaping. Just wow. I might mention that a few times. I love it. Okay, guest house. You've made the bottom floor into a spa/gym. Very pretty. I even like the fish tank here. It adds a relaxing nature to the room. Hmm...Do I have that door? I like it. I guess I don't do modern enough to recognize it.

Lovely second floor bedroom with a couple more items I don't think I've ever used. I so need to branch out more. I love those windows in the bathroom! You've managed to have everything well decorated without it looking cluttered. Good job.

Main house, first floor.

First, I love the little fenced in porch and sliding doors. Beautiful! Wow, every room in here I'm just loving. I'm flipping through going, woah, cute laundry. Oh! Look at the dining room. Wow! pretty kitchen. Everything here has such pleasant little touches. I love the flower boxes beneath the stairs. You have plants everywhere in here without it looking like a jungle blew up within. I love it. your living room is just gorgeous. Very modern looking and I love the dark colors. I'm having problems in the one I'm doing, which I'm won't digress into. I just love the cabinets around the fireplace. And the shelving under the TV is inspiring! Just beautiful!!!

Onto the second floor before I find more reasons to write a book about the first.

The bane of my existence is things disappearing off my shelves, nearly to the point where I don't want to use them anymore. You however, don't seem to have that problem. The red bedroom is very lovely, plenty of shelving and books scattered about. I get the feel of a posh geek, which is adorable on so many levels.

Oh wow, then we have the blue bedroom. I love the space theme here. But oh my the master bedroom is inspired. So pretty!! I love that you used the cherry blossoms potted plant and the painting. It ties in so well together. And the layout! And the different wall colors! I am so freaking jealous! Wonderful.

Overall, I get the feel of a scientist's home. I hope that is what you were going for. You've got the microscope on top of the guest house, archeology table on the porch. Plants, crystals, space paintings...yep. I reading scientist. I love it!

Wonderfully done throughout the house. Each little detail I see I'm just gushing over. There is so much to draw inspiration from here. I think my favorite in the whole build is how you did the stairs leading to the guest house and linked it to the second floor balcony of the main building. I love it!

Thank you so much for participating in my challenge. It is just gorgeous.
    @Takissis, Thank you so much for the encouraging and detailed review of my home. I appreciate it so much and I am so glad that you like it. This was a great challenge and I enjoyed it very much. I look forward to your next shell challenge which I will be patiently waiting for. Happy Simming!

Nini
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Will there be a shell this month? I was looking forward to doing my first one!
    I'm sorry. I didn't get one up this month. We have had some family issues and never had time to concentrate on doing something specific. I will definitely have one up for October. If I have time, I'll try to get it up a little early.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Hi Takissis, just wanted to say I didn't forget this challenge and I'll be looking forward to the next one (hopefully I can participate next month). Still, there is no need to apologize. I'm sure everyone understands. I hope things are better at home now. Take care!
    October Shell Challenge is up. Details are in the first post of this thread. This month has a theme choice - Fall or Spooky. I look forward to your designs!
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Your Gallery ID: icanhassims
    Lot name and Link: Spooky Vamp Roommates
    Slideshow Link: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/spooky-vamp-roommates.html
    Feedback Requested?: Yes please
    Additional Information/Backstory: This once elegant home has fallen into disrepair... much like its occupants.
    Pictures:
    09-24-20-12-47-40-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Hi! :)

Your Gallery ID: Jazmi1396
    Lot name and Link: Happy October https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Happy%20October&max=50&maxis=false
    Slideshow Link: https://imgur.com/a/tApj5tS
    Feedback Requested?: Sure :)
    Additional Information/Backstory:
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Your Gallery ID: Jazmi1396
    Lot name and Link: Happy October https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Happy October&max=50&maxis=false
    Slideshow Link: https://imgur.com/a/tApj5tS
    Feedback Requested?: Sure :)
    Additional Information/Backstory:

Hi @Jazmi1396, here are your links
    Takissis wrote: »
    October Shell Challenge is up. Details are in the first post of this thread. This month has a theme choice - Fall or Spooky. I look forward to your designs!

I'm In! Looks like a great challenge. Will get started, Thank you. >:)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Your Gallery ID: AlJay2000
    Lot Name: Chateau Frise in Brindleton Bay
    Gallery name & Link: Fall in the Country
    Slideshow Link: October Challenge
    Feedback Requested?: Yes
    Additional Information/Backstory/Credits: I loved this shell! Thank you Takissis! I actually had the house complete before October began but I didn't feel right about uploading it until The month was actually here, lol! All nocc artwork used in the house was made by myself and @Takissis
    QWf2Ijw.png
    CcTHM5h.png
    Finally finding the time to do a proper walkthrough of the challenges so far this month. I appreciate everyone's patience. I didn't expect so many entries so early!

First up is the Spooky Vamp Roommates build by @icanhassims.

Exterior

I am just blown away by the creativity here. I would never have though of using the steamers to make the appearance of mist around the home. It adds a creepy feel to the whole place. I love it!

The details you added in around the outside are wonderful as well with all the dying vegetation and gothic decor. The build has a rustic old look to it and it works very well. The water stains and holes in the walls add spooky touches to the whole lot. Wonderful.

Interior

Oh wow. The inside is elegantly gothic. Love! Every room has so many little touches that I just adore. There's all the cobwebs and spiders everywhere. (I hate spiders. Like really, really petrified of them. I'm pretty sure I would take one look and turn right back around irl.)

I like that even through most is predominately black/grey and navy, you've added the white color touches here and there to keep it from all muddying together.

The kitchen is a stark contrast to the rest of the interior, but still love what you've done here. I imagine that vampires wouldn't be in the kitchen very often, except maybe in passing. It would most likely be the most pristine room in the building. You've kept the rustic look to it with the older style of cabinets in white. But it still keeps the dark feel to it beautifully!

I can't decide if I like the office or living room better. Both are beautiful though.

If I had to change anything, I think I would have used the terrain tools on the ground outside to add some darkened areas to for a shaded look, so things doing look placed but built and grown. However I still love it all.

Overall this is a creepy but cute build that I simply love. It seems perfect for a couple of young vampire roommates.
    Next up is Happy October from @Jazmi1396

TsCydc6.png

I took a few pictures of this build, so it can be shared. I hope you don't mind. I just love it so much!

The landscaping of the exterior is simply gorgeous! The thumbnail in the gallery just doesn't give it justice. I just love how you have done the stairs up the slight incline. I'm going to have to figure out how this is done. The flowers and pumpkins are so very well arranged as well. Everything is so wonderfully festive in the fall theme. I love it.

yxbuHCA.png

Out back you have the lovely grilling area and is that the snail statue? It always amazes me how things look so perfect when I would have never thought to use them.

3F9zxwU.png

I also like the brickwork you chose for the exterior of the shell as well. The contrasting orange and grey works so very well.

Interior

I just adore the inside. So many gorgeous touches.

7GVNs8f.png

Starting in the open plan front room. This is just perfect!

x90OD1F.pngc0Yn5Ub.pngbMsLl2c.png

There are so many things I want to comment on. I mean the sitting area around the fireplace is awesome. And I love the cabinets in the dining room. and who did the picture in the first image on the left with the face. That is gorgeous!

Every area is just. Oh! That looks wonderful. Oh how cool! Wow, look at that. I just love everything here.

The toddler room is adorable. I just love how you've kept with the fall theme, but it is still a little boys room. So cute.

The master bedroom is simply stunning. And you used my art! I always love seeing that. I get a little squee of joy.

Zq3MCy1.png

The bathroom is so pretty as well. I would never have thought of putting the "Walling In the Garden" in a bathroom, but it works really well.

INrVATm.png

Overall, I love love love this build. You did such a good job. I can't think of anything I would change. It is so awesome. Thank you very much for doing my little challenge. I look forward to seeing all the wonderful builds you do in the future.
    @AlJay2000 - Fall in the Country

As I posted on your gallery upload. I didn't even realize this was was my shell. You did such a fabulous job on it.

I love what you have done with the outside landscaping. It has the feel of a cabin in the woods with the firepit in the back and all the trees. The seating area in the back is just perfect and I love the addition of the pirate ship for kids to play on.

The railings around the porch are just beautiful and I like the corner couch used in the backyard on the porch.

Inside is just so creative. I just love all the decor choices. The beams inside are inspired. I love it! The little girl's room is my favorite. I just adore it. And I love the kitchen! Actually, I love all of the rooms. Each one is so pretty and well decorated.

Overall, I love the rustic cabin look you've built here. Everything comes together so perfectly. It's all so cute!

Side note: Shamelessly loving all of my artwork I see in here. I just adore seeing my work used in builds and all the creative rooms around them.

Thank you very much for participating in my challenge. I just love everything you have done. Beautiful work.
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you so much @Takissis :)
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you @Takissis! I sometimes forget about the terrain tools. lol thank you for you wonderful review! <3
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    Thank you @Takissis! I am so happy you liked it! ♥
    Oh, and picture on the left: its art by Eveana.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    edited October 2020
    Your Gallery ID: Clousinators
    Lot Name: Dark and Spooky
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/81730EFB0DCC11EB8F78B16ACE59D5D9?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false
    Slideshow Link (if any): https://imgur.com/a/NiJueQn
    Feedback Requested?: Yes
    Additional Information/Backstory/Credits: When I started I had already finished like 5 "fall" theme builds so I wanted to make this a spooky house. (even though I don't have the spooky stuff pack) I've been having a really busy month and some trouble getting motivated enough to finish builds so its not as decorated as some of my other builds, (plus everyone else has already made amazing builds this month for this challenge) I do apologize, but hopefully next month I'll be ready to rock n roll again :)

DIWiBRk.png
    lJ21s2r.png
    XsZKFij.png