Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
Deleted
Post edited by bella_goth on

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sounds good! I'd like that. But will they implement it? And will they implement it properly? It would be nice if in story mode, people can create stories too that can be uploaded to the gallery for other people to play.

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I'd want it to be a separate version... I don't want any interference in my sandbox play. Let others be led around by the nose if they want. I want to make my OWN stories.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Nooo.. Then both are short changed. -imo. :mrgreen:

And this one is, pretty much.
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Paralives will be better than Sims 5.
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes but what if that whole enormous budget went just on the sandbox mode? You can never put too much money in a Sims game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'd want it to be a separate version... I don't want any interference in my sandbox play. Let others be led around by the nose if they want. I want to make my OWN stories.

This. Just make the story mode a spin off like they did with ts2 stories. The sims team doesn't have a good track record with trying to implement two ideas at once and one or both of the modes would suffer because of it.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

You know this how?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2020
    Do it like The Sims 2 for PS2, you have Story Mode and Free Mode(Sandbox)

For example, you can play Goth scenario in Story mode, retelling the story of bella dissapearance since the beginning.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I feel like if they did that, split it up, you would for sure be losing a lot on the "sandbox side" because there is no way that EA would give them double budget to basically make 2 types of games.

We can't even get the amount of interactive objects in TS4 packs like we used to in other games, and when we ask for something the answer is always "it costs too much", so yeah, I don't see them ever doing that.
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    It is upsetting that they are moving away from the original idea of the sims and chasing trends in the hopes of grabbing "a new player base" and if that happens and those people do actually stick around to support them for years and years of the constant inconsistency in what type of game it wants to be, then they were right in doing so.

But, by them doing that, they will also lose a lot of long time fans. Maybe not lose them completely, because people will go back to the tried and true versions, or stick with TS4 and not move on to TS5.

I just feel disappointed and pretty much hopeless. I think that no matter what we say or voice our wants or rant about what we want brought back or don't want to happen .....it's NOT going to change the direction the game is heading in and what the new version will probably be like (if not worse).

Luckily right now, we still have the other versions that we can go back to for as long as they will play.
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

You know this how?

I know it because of TS4. Look at EAxis decissions concerning The Sims. Just think about it. They went ahead with a mmorpg though their core fanbase had told them for years, never again. They then scrapped it and try to salvage it when they saw the response to SC2013. Instead of delaying TS4 for a proper base release they went ahead and tried to squeeze four years of work (for single player/sandbox) into one year and a half. Those type decissions tell me someone like Paralives just might be better than a TS5 if EAxis was that silly.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.