The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 27 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

No rumors, Guru teasers, leaks or anything regardin the next DLC?

Comments

  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,435 Member
    I tend to think when someone says weeks of anywhere from 3-8 weeks. Sure that could be months too but I'd probably say "Weeks" for anything under two months before I said "One month" or One and a half months".

    To me personally it means 2-4, otherwise it's a month. It just sounds better, like it's more imminent when put into "the weeks time frame" rather than stating in a month or so.

    It's like when you tell your kid "We'll do it in a little bit", but what you are actually meaning is, we're not doing that right now or maybe never, but by me saying that, it will shush you for now and you'll hopefully forget what it was you were wanting.

    And she already stated the skin tones would happen before the end of the year, which was changed from the original statement of it happening in the fall (which where I live typically means end of September to beginning of December).

    Maybe I'm just used to buying stuff online haha. They always say it'll arrive in 6-8 weeks, not 1-2 months. so "Weeks" to me has always been the phrase up to 8 weeks and that seems kinda common here.

    Hahaha I'd never say that to my kid... if I told her "well do that in a bit there's no way she'd shush, rather she'd hound me every two minutes "You said in a little bit mum! It's been a little bit! Can we do it now? How many more minutes?" It's sooo much easier to just say "No" "Probably not" or "Maybe later but not for a long time" to a kid if you really want them to be quiet for awhile.

    But yes, totally agree Fall is end of Sept-Start of Dec (actually to the later middle part of Dec), but with Christmas holidays starting at the same time as winter I'm assuming that it probably will still be in the fall, when they say end of the year I'm not thinking they mean after Dec 21 to be honest, so I do think it'll be in the Fall. If it's delayed a few days though for whatever reason I can wait.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 2,103 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Well Lyndsay said that we should know about their next EP "in a matter of weeks", it's been two weeks since she said that, one week since Journey to Batuu was released. So I think we have to wait a couple of more weeks.

    While I understand the timeframes, you'd think they would say month or months if it is 4+ weeks. Otherwise, it is kind of deceptive.

    They also said the skin tones will be released in Fall but now they are saying by the end of the year. I mean technically Fall is around that time but when it's summer and they say we'll get the skin tones in a Fall update it is kind of deceptive since the average person thinks September, October.
    Technically it's not a lie though. That's just EA

    Fall doesn't even start until the END of September, I defiitely don't consider it "Fall" haha. That being said, as of today the weather here does already seem fall like, but it's Sept 19 now, not Sept 5th or whatever. WHen people say in the fall though I would def. assume the "End of Sept-End of Dec" type Fall is meant as well as that's what I call Fall
    Calico45 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Well Lyndsay said that we should know about their next EP "in a matter of weeks", it's been two weeks since she said that, one week since Journey to Batuu was released. So I think we have to wait a couple of more weeks.

    While I understand the timeframes, you'd think they would say month or months if it is 4+ weeks. Otherwise, it is kind of deceptive.

    I tend to think when someone says weeks of anywhere from 3-8 weeks. Sure that could be months too but I'd probably say "Weeks" for anything under two months before I said "One month" or One and a half months".

    September is the first month of fall, isn't it? In my part of the world, the summer heat stopped on 04 September, the temperatures have dropped by 10 degrees already and we're definitely in the fall season even though it hasn't started raining yet. Anyway, fall is September through November, it's possible they will release the skins update together with the patch for the next EP, which will probably be released in November.

    Fall starts tomorrow/today (depeding on your time zone, yes Sept is the first month of fall but the majority of September is in the summer. Quite often we have summer weather until mid Oct here even, but today did feel like fall this year. ) Fall is not Sept-Nov though, it's Sept-Dec. Winter doesn't start until the end of December (21st is, a few days before Christmas)


    In my country we've been celebrating the beginning of spring on the 1st of March for centuries. Hence, summer ends at beginning of September. :lol:
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 581 Member
    edited September 21
    I can’t remember if it’s this thread or another but some sim gurus keep messaging about food. The initial one was from George about USA biscuits and how people from uk are wrong about what biscuits are which got up my goat being from the uk. FYI I’m not wanting to start any debate about this as I know the difference between the cultural meanings. Anyways that aside now a new post from one of them about a meal so these must be hints which I don’t get as to me they are about meals which would mean a dine out pack which we already have.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 7,490 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I can’t remember if it’s this thread or another but some sim gurus keep messaging about food. The initial one was from George about USA biscuits and how people from uk are wrong about what biscuits are which got up my goat being from the uk. FYI I’m not wanting to start any debate about this as I know the difference between the cultural meanings. Anyways that aside now a new post from one of them about a meal so these must be hints which I don’t get as to me they are about meals which would mean a dine out pack which we already have.

    I think there just bored because they have to stay home and they wanted to show off there cooking
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I think the hints towards romance + cakes and waffles could maybe refer to a vacation/hotel pack. Might be a stretch but that's all I can think of
    We already have cakes in the game. I don't think that was a hint. I think they were just talking about cakes and waffles.

    Of course we have cakes in the game. That's not what I meant.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 79 Member
    edited September 23
    netney52 wrote: »
    I can’t remember if it’s this thread or another but some sim gurus keep messaging about food. The initial one was from George about USA biscuits and how people from uk are wrong about what biscuits are which got up my goat being from the uk. FYI I’m not wanting to start any debate about this as I know the difference between the cultural meanings. Anyways that aside now a new post from one of them about a meal so these must be hints which I don’t get as to me they are about meals which would mean a dine out pack which we already have.

    My thought when seeing those "breakfast choices" tweets was that it could fit with hotels making a come back, with the food buffets with a selection of dishes.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,451 Member
    edited September 23
    I wouldn't mind another road map like this again:


    This roadmap ends in October and already released these 3 things with Star Wars, Nifty Knitting, and Eco Lifestyle.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited September 23
    Scobre wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind another road map like this again:


    This roadmap ends in October and already released these 3 things with Star Wars, Nifty Knitting, and Eco Lifestyle.

    They kind of let it slip that they are indeed working on EP10 and SP18. :lol: Maybe SP18 will be released in January?
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 699 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So far the hints we have now are a flirty plumbob and a French pig in a chef’s jacket... I refuse to get my hopes up on getting a romance pack I want it so clearly its not going to happen.
    wwe could geta romanic getaway pack the a French pig in a chef’s jacket ciuld be the logo of a romantic restunt
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 8,580 Member
    I'm kinda impressed that they released according to plans, re the corona situation. I know connecting online should be easy peasy for those used to working digitally, but still, there is a lost aspect comparing to physically sitting in the same room for those brain stormings etc. Inspiration doesn't fly as easily through dig cameras. Bravo, dev teams!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims
    a.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 3,861 Member
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    I can’t remember if it’s this thread or another but some sim gurus keep messaging about food. The initial one was from George about USA biscuits and how people from uk are wrong about what biscuits are which got up my goat being from the uk. FYI I’m not wanting to start any debate about this as I know the difference between the cultural meanings. Anyways that aside now a new post from one of them about a meal so these must be hints which I don’t get as to me they are about meals which would mean a dine out pack which we already have.

    My thought when seeing those "breakfast choices" tweets was that it could fit with hotels making a come back, with the food buffets with a selection of dishes.

    I’d love a hotel lot, I just hope we can have them in any world, not just vacation worlds. And I’d love a new buffet table that had breakfast foods.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,451 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind another road map like this again:


    This roadmap ends in October and already released these 3 things with Star Wars, Nifty Knitting, and Eco Lifestyle.

    They kind of let it slip that they are indeed working on EP10 and SP18. :lol: Maybe SP18 will be released in January?
    I don't mind the pack type leaks personally. Great for budgeting ahead. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • szajkaszajka Posts: 8 New Member
    I think it will be something like: Sims 4 blast to the past and it will be focused on going to the medieval world. Maybe as a destination world?
    Clues:
    - 3 teddy bears pic from Guru (pirate, noble and peasant if I remember right)
    - look at "Gurus on twitter" thread - there are some medieval/old time themes there

    It would be accoring the direction Sims 4 is going lately:
    1. the world could be like Star Wars world - the NPC just contaimed in there
    2. Story driven - boring questet like in the SW
    3. It will be separeted from other packs and we all know sims team love to do this
    4. Opportunity for beautifull though shell world
    5. Many animations can be reused - sword fighting
    6. Pirates may be there - there were some pirates clues
    7. They can reuse a lot of stuff from SIMS Medieval

    I do not hope for anything useful in everyday family player like me. Some people might like it though.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 2,103 Member
    szajka wrote: »
    I think it will be something like: Sims 4 blast to the past and it will be focused on going to the medieval world. Maybe as a destination world?
    Clues:
    - 3 teddy bears pic from Guru (pirate, noble and peasant if I remember right)
    - look at "Gurus on twitter" thread - there are some medieval/old time themes there

    It would be accoring the direction Sims 4 is going lately:
    1. the world could be like Star Wars world - the NPC just contaimed in there
    2. Story driven - boring questet like in the SW
    3. It will be separeted from other packs and we all know sims team love to do this
    4. Opportunity for beautifull though shell world
    5. Many animations can be reused - sword fighting
    6. Pirates may be there - there were some pirates clues
    7. They can reuse a lot of stuff from SIMS Medieval

    I do not hope for anything useful in everyday family player like me. Some people might like it though.

    If they make a medieval pack I think it would make sense to keep the world separate like Batuu, so that you won't get knights and pirates roaming the streets of San Myshuno, picking up fights and not knowing how to use the cell phones. :smile:
  • kostasmpikostasmpi Posts: 198 Member
    szajka wrote: »
    I think it will be something like: Sims 4 blast to the past and it will be focused on going to the medieval world. Maybe as a destination world?
    Clues:
    - 3 teddy bears pic from Guru (pirate, noble and peasant if I remember right)
    - look at "Gurus on twitter" thread - there are some medieval/old time themes there

    It would be accoring the direction Sims 4 is going lately:
    1. the world could be like Star Wars world - the NPC just contaimed in there
    2. Story driven - boring questet like in the SW
    3. It will be separeted from other packs and we all know sims team love to do this
    4. Opportunity for beautifull though shell world
    5. Many animations can be reused - sword fighting
    6. Pirates may be there - there were some pirates clues
    7. They can reuse a lot of stuff from SIMS Medieval

    I do not hope for anything useful in everyday family player like me. Some people might like it though.

    I agree that a medieval pack might be coming. I hope they add a history book like the spellbook from ROM and the things you do in the past get recorded there. Also I would like some of the missions you take in the past to have an effect in the present, which can be undone by taking different missions. For ex maybe the sims in the present might end up speaking with a british accent, like rey from batuu.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 462 Member
    It is kind of odd how nothing feels leaked, but at the same time I did not feel like there was much ground to stand on for speculating about GP9 and SW somehow was the answer. Say what you will about the icon, but artistic interpretation meant the gurus could have meant anything with the symbols. Hardly any are so revealing as the vampire pack icon without knowing the theme already.

    On one hand, my head says there is logically nothing concrete to go off of. On the other, it also says to analyze everything right now so you don't get caught off guard like that again and all I have seen are the food photos on twitter. So, who knows.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 2,103 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    It is kind of odd how nothing feels leaked, but at the same time I did not feel like there was much ground to stand on for speculating about GP9 and SW somehow was the answer. Say what you will about the icon, but artistic interpretation meant the gurus could have meant anything with the symbols. Hardly any are so revealing as the vampire pack icon without knowing the theme already.

    On one hand, my head says there is logically nothing concrete to go off of. On the other, it also says to analyze everything right now so you don't get caught off guard like that again and all I have seen are the food photos on twitter. So, who knows.


    I think it's safe to say that whatever the pack will be about, there is bound to be some food in it. :lol:
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 76 Member
    I think the 3 Bears represented the 3 factions you could join.

    Really hoping for a B&B/vacation world; hopefully something romantic!
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 86 Member
    Isn't it weird that they are not saying anything? Aren't they confident with their new pack?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,250 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So far the hints we have now are a flirty plumbob and a French pig in a chef’s jacket... I refuse to get my hopes up on getting a romance pack I want it so clearly its not going to happen.

    Where is the French pig chef jacket thing coming from...?

    Among all the Star Wars speculations back in the good ‘ol days I always believed its name ‘Porc du jour’ referred to ‘Porg’ which is a little creature that features in Star Wars. You can now buy it as a toy or a statue on Batuu in JtB.

    I‘m totally up for more puzzles and hints toward the new EP so we can all have fun again. And ofcourse be extremely disappointed when folks see what it turns out to be...😬...

    See, this is why I can't stand their so called hints. If you aren't in a loop of what they are talking about then the general public (which has no interest in this sort of trivia) would not know this at all. So, their hints are like flying over people's heads. They can do away with posting food pics, and or changing plumbbobs or putting stuff on cubes and just announce. They seem to get annoyed by speculation, and guesses but they cause this sort of chaos themeselves, because if you aren't in a sect of society (like those who know everything about SW) or a group or clique then the general public who has other interests wouldn't know what the heck it was supposed to be hinting. Such as waste of brain power. You can't guess when you don't know what private joke it is.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 1,726 Member
    Isn't it weird that they are not saying anything? Aren't they confident with their new pack?

    More likely Marketing just hasn't given them the go-ahead to talk about it.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 171 Member
    Sep. 3rd : "In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack"

    EA Translate

    In just a matter of months we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack

    So true! And looong after it all comes out, we'll probably never find out what ‘Porc du jour’ even is...
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Sep. 3rd : "In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack"

    EA Translate

    In just a matter of months we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack

    So true! And looong after it all comes out, we'll probably never find out what ‘Porc du jour’ even is...

    Coming Soon™ and and Weeks are just the same in Maxis book.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 96 Member
    edited October 2
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Probably another fitness pack, eating cakes and goodies, you get fat ...... so you will need the GET FIT pack. All about BMI, counting calories, weight management, eating lean and clean.

    I seriously would not be surprised one little bit.


    Oof. No. That would be an utter nightmare for those of us with eating disorders IRL.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top