Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR doesn't want to review Journey to Batuu / doesn't want to cover The Sims 4 anymore

Comments

• KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    Komura wrote: »
    Just out of interest has anyone seen one of his latest tweets? I don't want to breach guidelines for this forum but I think that's a positive step dissatisfied fans could take....

About him become a patron of Paralives? It’s already been posted (:
    Komura wrote: »
    Just out of interest has anyone seen one of his latest tweets? I don't want to breach guidelines for this forum but I think that's a positive step dissatisfied fans could take....

About him become a patron of Paralives? It’s already been posted (:

I have no idea how I missed that! Thanks for pointing that out :smiley:

No sure what the rules are on here but it's certainly made me think that I should sign up to the patron account to make up for not buying this GP....

I actually just became a patron of theirs tonight, the discord you get access to is lovely, the people making the game seem so nice as well. Everyone’s been really cool and it’s been really inspiring seeing so many great ideas and actually being listened to.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have never watched any reviews on any packs ever, I just always watched trailers and read any info I could find to see what my thoughts and opinions were on it and if it interested me. I'm sorry for those of you who enjoyed following him. I won't be getting this pack, but I do hope if you do/did you enjoy it.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Who cares about a youtuber not making reviews of TS4?
    The fandom, but not you appearantly lol.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @smurfy77 Well the trailer for the Star Wars pack was definitely deceiving so thank god I watched a review first.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    I will miss him. He's always been a favorite. But I'm in the same boat he is! I just can't stand this game any more. I'm so ready for 5 or maybe some other simulation game
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    LGR is literally the only YouTuber I'll watch reviews from, and this is a total bummer, but we all saw it coming. It does have to be exhausting to keep rehashing the same thing over and over.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    He'll still be around. Sims 4 or not. :)

Oh my look at that shirt in the thumbnail we wants it. Space Toast.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Why do we care so much about LGR?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

I personally don't. I don't care about any of the game changers or anybody else who does let's plays or reviews. If I ever watch a YT video it's for one thing ... How do I do this or that, or How do I fix this or that.

The only other videos I watch are those from the Paralives team to see where they are in development.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member

I personally don't. I don't care about any of the game changers or anybody else who does let's plays or reviews. If I ever watch a YT video it's for one thing ... How do I do this or that, or How do I fix this or that.

The only other videos I watch are those from the Paralives team to see where they are in development.

That's me too.

The only gaming videos I ever really watch are speed builds or how-to videos for inspiration on new build designs or to get some new ideas on how to do something. That's pretty much it. I haven't watched much reviews on game packs because other people's likes/dislikes aren't necessarily the same as mine, so I put no weight in what they have to say about it. *shrug*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I quit playing when Eco Living turned my game so chaotic and wild I just couldn't stand playing anymore. What I wish they would do is hit the brakes and just go over the main game and existing expansions and polish it all up to a high end level. I'm so sad about it for multiple reasons; I love life-sim games, and also I spent SO much money on this series specifically and ending up not even enjoying it at all.

ditto'
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Who cares about a simmer not caring about a youtuber not making reviews of TS4?

@ANNETTE1951 thx for the laugh 😂😂😂😂

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised and have to say it gives me more respect for him, especially if he follows through. I still don't get why people obsess over and continue to focus on something that gives them no pleasure. I got that it gave him views... lots of views and views means money. So he's giving up a sure thing. I hope he gets a boost to his over all mental health this way also.
    With him going in to support Paralives also ... who's to say that they can ever really appreciate him if they know he could dump on their game with his superpowered snark if he decided he didn't like it.
    Yeah mental health is very much more important than any video game. Not a lot of people play the older games, so love how he finds a lot of games I grew up with and programs like Mavis Beacon with his Goodwill videos. I started playing an older game I grew up with Total Annihilation again and it makes me so happy to play it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

because he's funny and he sounds like the grim reaper from family guy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

because he's funny and he sounds like the grim reaper from family guy
    He kind of reminds me of the Honest Trailers videos. Why I like his videos, has that nice dark humor I can relate to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67W7JCohZMo
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Who cares about a simmer not caring about a youtuber not making reviews of TS4?

@ANNETTE1951 thx for the laugh 😂😂😂😂

Anytime!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@PlayerSinger2010 Cause he's awesome, funny and makes good reviews and videos.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I have been playing Sims 1 and all the others for a long time I new that Star Wars was going to be bad LGR didn't have to review it for me but I am glad that he said what I already new he just confirmed it. I hope it will help others not to buy it so they don't waste their money and if you really want it wait until it goes on sale.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2020

Some simmers have favorites I guess.
    I will respect the ones who do like him.
    He's just not one of mine.
    I tend to watch a lot of the game changer reviews, but to be honest, a lot of them create and post lets plays, build videos, etc, etc.
    I love a lot of there other videos like those.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    LGR looks more interested in The Snowy Escape pack though. He has a couple of posts on Twitter today. He's had crashes so I expect he'll wait until the 20th or so to issue a review......

• BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    I've always liked LGR's reviews (not just of the sims 4) and I do trust his opinion because he isn't a gamechanger and he does tend to roast most of the packs. I am unfortunately also disheartened because of glitches/bugs in this game. I was very excited about this pack; I liked how it looked in the trailer and the live stream by EA but I also liked the early access videos from game-changers and other YouTubers (once the pack was released). It's one of the few games released in the last few years that I preordered. I am not sure why. But to be riddled with glitches and crashes (since the Nov 10 patch and today's patch fixed the crashing but not any of the other glitches), it makes me want to sit down the game. It's hard to enjoy a game when my sims don't respond to actions I'm directing them to do, standing around not following commands, washing dishes in the bathroom sinks, and constantly being sad because their family members (who they have sentiments with) are sad. My sim stays depressed. I expect sims to be sad when a family member or lover dies. But to be sad because another sim in their household is also sad, is overwhelming. I almost have to keep my sim families to 4 or less because there isn't enough time to manage all their needs and moodlets.