Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 5 - for Real ???

Is the Sims 5 really going to be made???

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Lol who knows, but it's fun to speculate about it. :)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited September 2020
    Whether it’s for real or not, for a lot of simmers it seems to be the only hope.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I hope not.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm not sure anyone knows at the minute. I'd say it's probably a pretty good bet though. They could have stopped after 1 but didn't so I don't see them stopping now?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I hope not.

why? playing/buying it is optional.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The question is not "if", it's "when". The game is definitely being developed, people just don't know when it will come out.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    The question is not "if", it's "when". The game is definitely being developed, people just don't know when it will come out.

Are there any sites to view what is in the works do far?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Sims 5 is not confirmed. There is no news.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member

They generally don't post any information about future games this far in advance. Supposedly they're planning on keeping TS4 going for another 2 years.

Shoot, we know that they're going to have another EP in the next few months for TS4 and they *still* haven't posted any information about *that.*
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    If Paradox or even Paralives comes out with a better Sim than EA/Maxis can offer, I suspect that EA/Maxis will release a completely online version of The Sims, hoping to provide a "new and exciting" experience. If the online version doesn't fly, they'll throw their hands up in defeat and declare that the audience is no longer interested in a Sims game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    If Paradox or even Paralives comes out with a better Sim than EA/Maxis can offer, I suspect that EA/Maxis will release a completely online version of The Sims, hoping to provide a "new and exciting" experience. If the online version doesn't fly, they'll throw their hands up in defeat and declare that the audience is no longer interested in a Sims game.

If SimCity is anything to reflect on, I would warn people well away from The Sims online.

Also, I think they'll be one more "phase" before defeat - The Sims 1 or 2 (or both) remastered.
    Alwe1507 wrote: »

If SimCity is anything to reflect on, I would warn people well away from The Sims online.

Also, I think they'll be one more "phase" before defeat - The Sims 1 or 2 (or both) remastered.

I would not mind if they remastered TS3 and fixed all the problems they ignored.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    I just get the feeling that EA doesn't like the single player mode because they can't implement microtransaction as much as if it was an online game. An online game would be nothing more than a glorified mobile game only it would be on your PC, Laptop, or Console. You will basically lose the sandbox and if an "always online" thing should happen .... then for sure I walk away.

I will bet that if Paralives comes out around the same time and EA pushes forward with online multiplayer for TS5 that a LOT of people will raise all kinds of heck and for sure move on to Paralives. Paralives doesn't do it for me graphically, especially the parafolk, but if we are able to tweak everything and make them not so 2D looking then it might be ok. I do like everything they've shown so far as for build mode and so I would rather spend my money on a real "life simulation" game rather than a forced always online MMO/RPG type game.
    edited September 2020
    I found at least 4 TS5 trailers on utube
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I found at least 4 TS5 trailers on utube

Yeah those are fanmade, nothing from EA tho.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i hope someday the sims 5 is made. but right now theres nothing about it. so i dont know. but maybe someday.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

That would stink because I have no interest in Paralives and I have no idea what this Paradox thing is.
  • LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2020

Without a doubt.

Electronic Arts Q3 2020 Earnings Call (this doesn't confirm 5, but might show some light on what to expect):

And we're also seeing that the competition nature of The Sims is also rising up. And we're seeing people compare and contrast, not competition in the traditional sports sense, but how they create and what they create and how they use their imaginations and what they're able to build inside of their Sims universes. And so as Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms in a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self improvement, motivations, that this notion of social interaction and competition, like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims FreePlay -- sorry, in The Sims Online many, many years ago, that they will start to become part of the ongoing Sims experience in the years to come. We're very excited. This is a game that, it really doesn't have any competition in its category for delivering and fulfilling these motivations for players and we think it's a tremendous growth opportunity for us for many, many years to come.

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

I could sadly see this exact thing happening. Even after the whole Simcity thing.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SoyokoAnisSoyokoAnis Posts: 19 Member
    > @Cynna said:
    > If Paradox or even Paralives comes out with a better Sim than EA/Maxis can offer, I suspect that EA/Maxis will release a completely online version of The Sims, hoping to provide a "new and exciting" experience. If the online version doesn't fly, they'll throw their hands up in defeat and declare that the audience is no longer interested in a Sims game.

Oh no! We can't let The Sims end. I'm just not gonna ever play The Sims 5 Online Version because..

1. If they add burglars then my house is going to be gone the minute I finish building.
    2. You know EA can be greedy so they can convert The Sims 5 into The Sims Freeplay and make Simoleons cost money.
    3. This might not be true but The Sims 5 could be in sync with real time and I don't wanna wait 24 hours just to get more money to feed my family.
    4. The Expansions are gong to restrict players from going to other world, towns or cities.
    5. People are gonna be abusing the chat.
    6. I could list so much more but I'm not going to.
    Sul Sul, I'm SoyokoAnis! Kinda new around here but know a lot about The Sims. Happy Simming!
  • SoyokoAnisSoyokoAnis Posts: 19 Member
    > @LeCastel wrote:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Without a doubt.
    >
    > Electronic Arts Q3 2020 Earnings Call (this doesn't confirm 5, but might show some light on what to expect):
    >
    > And we're also seeing that the competition nature of The Sims is also rising up. And we're seeing people compare and contrast, not competition in the traditional sports sense, but how they create and what they create and how they use their imaginations and what they're able to build inside of their Sims universes. And so as Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms in a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self improvement, motivations, that this notion of social interaction and competition, like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims FreePlay -- sorry, in The Sims Online many, many years ago, that they will start to become part of the ongoing Sims experience in the years to come. We're very excited. This is a game that, it really doesn't have any competition in its category for delivering and fulfilling these motivations for players and we think it's a tremendous growth opportunity for us for many, many years to come.

That is very exciting to think about.
    Sul Sul, I'm SoyokoAnis! Kinda new around here but know a lot about The Sims. Happy Simming!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    "a cloud enabled world," sigh.
    I don't know if I would even buy TS5. I just started playing TS4 after almost a year off from the game. The graphics would have to near RL realistic for me even to consider it at all.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Whether it’s for real or not, for a lot of simmers it seems to be the only hope.

I'm glad I'm not one of them, not sure why people think the Sims 5 will be an improvement. EA knows it will still make money with shoddy product (and the mods will take care of what's mostly missed), why go through the trouble of fixing/improving? It will be a disaster - that will still make money despite the complaints.
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    LeCastel wrote: »

Without a doubt.

Electronic Arts Q3 2020 Earnings Call (this doesn't confirm 5, but might show some light on what to expect):

And we're also seeing that the competition nature of The Sims is also rising up. And we're seeing people compare and contrast, not competition in the traditional sports sense, but how they create and what they create and how they use their imaginations and what they're able to build inside of their Sims universes. And so as Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms in a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self improvement, motivations, that this notion of social interaction and competition, like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims FreePlay -- sorry, in The Sims Online many, many years ago, that they will start to become part of the ongoing Sims experience in the years to come. We're very excited. This is a game that, it really doesn't have any competition in its category for delivering and fulfilling these motivations for players and we think it's a tremendous growth opportunity for us for many, many years to come.

Yep! the Sims isn't over by a longshot. Im going to play sims 4 and 5, not interested in the older titles , personally.I like modern, user friendly games.