The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Have Low Expectations for EP10

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited September 2020
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @DevSims91 Same here. I just want to get it over with. I want to be disappointed sooner rather than later.

it you only expect disappointment why does it matter if it comes later

It's a weird reverse psychology motivated thing where they actually really want to know what's coming and for it to be good but have every intention of being outraged. It's becoming it's own culture in the Sims community.

I can understand it though. I think waiting and wondering about the next pack over an extended time can induce some tension and stress. If we already knew what the pack will have or not right away then we can move on from that.

I really missed the disciplined way in which packs were produced and announced for TS1, TS2 and TS3. When a pack was released, you get a flyer in the box already announcing what the next pack is and what themes and features it will have. No guess work, no wondering if the features will work or break your game. And there was something for everyone in each pack. *Sigh!* I miss it so much!... 😔

• SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    edited September 2020
    Honestly, there isn’t a pack that I haven’t enjoyed somehow except for Kids Room and My first Pet, the ones I haven’t bought (they don’t suit my gameplay).

But with some packs like Strangerville and Cats and Dogs my reaction was: 1/ get hyped by the trailer; 2/ become disappointed by the real gameplay at a first glance and ignoring the game for months; 3/ get back to it little by little and discover their potential.

Funnily, I enjoyed from the start the most despised packs from this year despite their flaws, Eco Lifestyle and Journey to Batuu.

My plan now is not making expectations at all, and wait for gameplay reviews to see if the pack has something that I would love to have in the game. Simsvip guides or Carl’s Sims Guides, for instance, are quite good for that!
    Post edited by Simyim on
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have absolutely no expectations, not gonna get anything until they fix stuff. Too many Major issues in game, I have EL disabled bc its so buggy ( including effecting toddlers and kids) and I really wanted to play it. Thats the last time I get anything or excited about anything. What does it matter what the content is if they don't even care if it works right. If they started testing with not just Base Game and pack they are coming out with, then maybe they could make sure stuff works right, and we could actually use all the content together as its supposed to be, not how they ended up making it be: buggy, its sad bc I used to get excited about what could come next
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I guess I'm one of those very very very very rare Sims players who somehow, in some way, manages to find something enjoyable about each pack that comes out. Whether it's gameplay related, or CAS related, or build/buy related... there's always something that I'll like about it.

Whatever EP10 ends up to be, I'm sure I'll find some things about it that I will enjoy as an addition to my game.

You're not alone. ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Wispye wrote: »
    i still want a farming pack

Hokkaido honeymoon ski resort. *crosses fingers*

Hokkaido?! Oh, yes! It would be so cool if it is based on Hokkaido vibes. If it comes with Ice festival, we could have sculpture skill! It can be on ice, wood, or any kind of elements!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I've enjoyed all of the packs, without exception, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this one is.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've enjoyed all of the packs, without exception, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this one is.

I've enjoyed bits of every pack without exception but Eco Lifestyle tried my patience a bit more! I just hope the next pack won't be so 'trying' but a more pleasant experience.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I guess I'm one of those very very very very rare Sims players who somehow, in some way, manages to find something enjoyable about each pack that comes out. Whether it's gameplay related, or CAS related, or build/buy related... there's always something that I'll like about it.

Whatever EP10 ends up to be, I'm sure I'll find some things about it that I will enjoy as an addition to my game.

I'm one of those super rare unicorn players 😉
    Even the packs I didnt like so much added things I use all the time.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2020

I'm one of those super rare unicorn players 😉
    Even the packs I didnt like so much added things I use all the time.
    This is why I buy packs that don't appeal to me (I usually wait for a sale). JTB is the first pack I'm not buying at all, however, because I know there is zero in a Star Wars pack that could appeal to me. Heck, I used a mod to hide the Star Wars outfits that were already in the game.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm playing TS3 at the moment and it's going to need to be a pretty good announcement in order to get my interest back in TS4. I don't want anymore weird themed packs that don't feel like they belong in my game and that adds nothing for the way that I play my game personally.

Now the Star Wars pack has ruined my once complete collection I no longer feel obligated to buy packs that don't interest me enough. I want new game play options and new things for my families to do so if the next pack doesn't offer then I probably will just skip it.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm excited for the next pack. I got pretty swept up in the hatred of JTB, although I tried to keep an open mind and I'm having fun with that, just like all the other packs so I guess I'm easy to please. It's nice, actually.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    No matter if I like the concept of the next pack or not I will judge it on its execution.
    I don't get when people say "The reason why people are dissapointed is because they get their hopes up but then the pack is a theme they didn't want"
    There have been several themes in EPs I really was excited about but were so badly executed I didn't like them.

So to me it's not about what they do, it's about how they do it
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have no expectations for Expansion Pack 10. The things I'm still hoping for in The Sims 4 are the niche, off the wall game pack stuff that reality players don't like, so like I have more or less since Realm of magic, I'm just going to roll with it. I'll find something I like in it, I'm sure. Even if it's as dishwater dull as a Farming Pack without a County Fair.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm kind of bored of the game at the moment and need something new to get me interested again. The last 3 packs haven't really interested me at all but I'm hoping this will be something that will atleast somewhat interest me and add to my game.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    No matter if I like the concept of the next pack or not I will judge it on its execution.
    I don't get when people say "The reason why people are dissapointed is because they get their hopes up but then the pack is a theme they didn't want"
    There have been several themes in EPs I really was excited about but were so badly executed I didn't like them.

So to me it's not about what they do, it's about how they do it

I do think people like to throw around the "entitlement" card a little too freely...
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

You're not alone. ;)

I usually do as well, I even got knitting and found I liked the actual making stuff and Im not as fond of plopsy since it takes so long to sell, and I just hate things in my bags unless I want them there lol, and it was the one thing I thought I would like more. Even tho I play primarily Vampires, I still thought about trying out the Batuu, but not until other things are fixed because I have one thing disabled already, bc I thought it looked like it could still be a little fun, and at least something for kids to play pretend for until the got to go take a trip to see the place thieve dreamt of.

I hate waiting to buy packs that, even tho I wasn't always excited about but at the least I would maybe find inspiration to make a different type of character, and have options to create more ideas I have. There is usually something you often find you like, even if its not all or a lot, about packs and iften its not what you thought you wouldn't like.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm not really thinking about the next pack, yet. I'm enjoying the Star wars pack since it just came out. :)
    I do like new things never done. Only thing I can think of that I want from the past are more occults, and something like Into the Future. It was cool seeing your sims descendants, holographs, food processor, jet packs, and etc.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Sims Mobile are getting a treasure map hunt. And George was tweeting about Mystery long time ago. And Frost's twitter name is still redacted and apparently isn't related to Star Wars pack. Maybe we'll get some kind of mystery pack like it's been rumored.

Oh dear lord....it's going to be Pirates....and I'm crying inside..

Maybe if I set my expectations to Pirates I won't get disappointed....
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    Sims Mobile are getting a treasure map hunt. And George was tweeting about Mystery long time ago. And Frost's twitter name is still redacted and apparently isn't related to Star Wars pack. Maybe we'll get some kind of mystery pack like it's been rumored.

Nah. It can't be Pirates.

Because the odds of my getting two things I absolutely adore in the same year that the majority of Sims players will hate are just too high. (I love Pirates more than Star Wars. And I loved them long before Captain Jack Sparrow buckled swashes on the big screen.)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    chickenow wrote: »

Nah. It can't be Pirates.

Because the odds of my getting two things I absolutely adore in the same year that the majority of Sims players will hate are just too high. (I love Pirates more than Star Wars. And I loved them long before Captain Jack Sparrow buckled swashes on the big screen.)

I didn't really think of pirates, but now that you mention it, it could be. I mean, we have the talk like a pirate day already, and there is a pirate ship in game, and we have swords.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    that would be cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I would absolutely love a pirate pack! <3 I already have "pirates" in my game but I'd love a seafaring adventure!

But I don't think they'd do that with an EP. They tend to stick to "safe" themes and leave the experimental stuff to the GPs.
    #Team Occult
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I would absolutely love a pirate pack! <3 I already have "pirates" in my game but I'd love a seafaring adventure!

But I don't think they'd do that with an EP. They tend to stick to "safe" themes and leave the experimental stuff to the GPs.

me to I would really like that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have a pirate family in my game too. :D
    They collect treasures from Sulani, selvadorado, a few potions, and soon Batuu.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    The first thing I thought of when I found out we were getting a Disney-owned property like Star Wars was maybe they'd give us a Pirates of the Caribbean pack. The second thing I thought of was Marvel Superheroes.

I'd so love both. But especially a pirate pack. Maybe our mermaids could become pirates?