Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mod I wished there in Sims 3...

In the Sims 4 there is a mod called Road To Fame that allows to be a celebrity, singer, actor etc. It bothers me that there are not mods like that considering how lacky showtime was... Do y'all would like this kind of mod in TS3 too ?

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2020
    Uh ... The Late Night EP has the Celebrity System, Bands and the Actor Career.
    I don't know about the Singer Career, but I am sure one of the EP's offers it (I've just never chosen that Career).

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    dfxblockdfxblock Posts: 61 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Uh ... The Late Night EP has the Celebrity System, Bands and the Actor Career.
    I don't know about the Singer Career, but I am sure one of the EP's offers it (I've just never chosen that Career).

Happy Simming!

I know but I'm more interested in the music side. Showtime is just plenty performing. As a music fan I know the industry and maybe how it works. The mod is really well done with singing skill and many things. And also the sims 3 celebrity style is kinda so-easy and RTF is better.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    The Singer, Acrobat, and Magician (stage) skills and careers came with Showtime. The Celebrity system came with Late Night, because it is not required to be a stage performer in order to be a celebrity. I could be oversimplifying this, but the TS4 mod mentioned looks like it consists of some custom career paths that combine the two concepts.

But what does it do that TS3 doesn't already? Chances are there are mods already for whatever might be lacking.

NRaas StoryProgression (together with MasterController) can be set up to make the celebrity system much more challenging to progress through.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2020
    dfxblock wrote: »
    I know but I'm more interested in the music side. Showtime is just plenty performing. As a music fan I know the industry and maybe how it works. The mod is really well done with singing skill and many things. And also the sims 3 celebrity style is kinda so-easy and RTF is better.

"Would you like some chocolate on top of that sushi" ... :D

50360972658_ac2e2ec5a0_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I would like to have a mod that would give sims in the ST careers celebrity points for progressing in their careers, enough to be realistic. The only way any of my sims have ever gotten any celebrity from a ST career is if they win simfest. Besides for that, they can only get more celebrity points for fulfilling celebrity opportunities, which they aren't even offered until they reach 3 stars. So basically, never, unless they can earn celebrity by some other means. They should be able to gain celebrity points every time they perform in a ST venue, with more points for higher level venues. In real life, nobody would be performing in a place like the big show venues if they weren't already a fairly high level celebrity.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    The Singer, Acrobat, and Magician (stage) skills and careers came with Showtime. The Celebrity system came with Late Night, because it is not required to be a stage performer in order to be a celebrity. I could be oversimplifying this, but the TS4 mod mentioned looks like it consists of some custom career paths that combine the two concepts.

But what does it do that TS3 doesn't already? Chances are there are mods already for whatever might be lacking.

NRaas StoryProgression (together with MasterController) can be set up to make the celebrity system much more challenging to progress through.

How I never noticed😳
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I would like to have a mod that would give sims in the ST careers celebrity points for progressing in their careers, enough to be realistic. The only way any of my sims have ever gotten any celebrity from a ST career is if they win simfest. Besides for that, they can only get more celebrity points for fulfilling celebrity opportunities, which they aren't even offered until they reach 3 stars. So basically, never, unless they can earn celebrity by some other means. They should be able to gain celebrity points every time they perform in a ST venue, with more points for higher level venues. In real life, nobody would be performing in a place like the big show venues if they weren't already a fairly high level celebrity.

There should more of just performing in the music career like recording music and getting success from it. Showtime is very limited on that
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Your singer can sell albums after shows, so there's an assumption that they have done the recording. It's one more of those things that get done without sims ever actually doing them.

Yeah, it would be nice for them to have actual recording sessions. I wonder if anyone ever made a mod for that? I've seen player made community lots with rooms set up to look like a recording studio. That would allow you to send your sim or band there to play and pretend they're recording, and if you use NRaas Story Progression with the Skills module, your sims can get celebrity points for gaining skill, and you get to set how many points they get for it. The setting is a multiplier for the level they've gained. With that, you might be able to come close to what you want. The higher the level they gain, the more points they will gain. But that still doesn't give them any celebrity for performing actual gigs. I think LN does give points for band gigs, because all gigs come as opportunities, with specific rewards.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

How I never noticed😳

There should more of just performing in the music career like recording music and getting success from it. Showtime is very limited on that
    Your singer can sell albums after shows, so there's an assumption that they have done the recording. It's one more of those things that get done without sims ever actually doing them.

Yeah, it would be nice for them to have actual recording sessions. I wonder if anyone ever made a mod for that? I've seen player made community lots with rooms set up to look like a recording studio. That would allow you to send your sim or band there to play and pretend they're recording, and if you use NRaas Story Progression with the Skills module, your sims can get celebrity points for gaining skill, and you get to set how many points they get for it. The setting is a multiplier for the level they've gained. With that, you might be able to come close to what you want. The higher the level they gain, the more points they will gain. But that still doesn't give them any celebrity for performing actual gigs. I think LN does give points for band gigs, because all gigs come as opportunities, with specific rewards.

Sandy has a recording studio stuff on her website, around the Sims 3:

"Now that your Sims have their band, why not recording a CD? OK, most of these objects are decorative, but still, a sound ingeneer will be able to earn in logic by mixing on a console, and your singers will be able to earn into charisma in front of their mike or scores! :)"

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

How I never noticed😳

"Now that your Sims have their band, why not recording a CD? OK, most of these objects are decorative, but still, a sound ingeneer will be able to earn in logic by mixing on a console, and your singers will be able to earn into charisma in front of their mike or scores! :)"

cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

How I never noticed😳

Seems amazing is it functional ?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @dfxblock This is what the description says:
    Now that your Sims have their band, why not recording a CD? OK, most of these objects are decorative, but still, a sound ingeneer will be able to earn in logic by mixing on a console, and your singers will be able to earn into charisma in front of their mike or scores! :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/