Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Katrina Caliente ever take a day off?

2...Next

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I see Katrina Caliente and the Landgraabs at almost every community lot I send my Sims to. And when my Sims change lots, they seem to follow. And I'm not sure if this was my game having a glitch or not, but Katrina even strolled around the docks of Evergreen Harbour naked on one occasion. 😆

Haha, I believe it--Katrina has always been a bit of a free spirit :D
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I'll occasionally see Katrina, but I see Bjorn, Moira, Mortimer, Eliza and Nancy everywhere! The absolute worst stalker in my game though is Judith Ward. Doesn't matter where my Sim is located, home, a venue or just somewhere in their home neighborhood, there she is doing that slow snobby walk back and forth, back and forth for hours. I got so annoyed with her showing up at the Caboose bar in Evergreen Harbor with her entourage of paparazzi and adoring fans, I had my witch turn her into a fish! :D So satisfying! Alas, it was only temporary. I wish that spell was permanent. At least in 'some' cases. ;)
    d8QOtg5.png
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I'll occasionally see Katrina, but I see Bjorn, Moira, Mortimer, Eliza and Nancy everywhere! The absolute worst stalker in my game though is Judith Ward. Doesn't matter where my Sim is located, home, a venue or just somewhere in their home neighborhood, there she is doing that slow snobby walk back and forth, back and forth for hours. I got so annoyed with her showing up at the Caboose bar in Evergreen Harbor with her entourage of paparazzi and adoring fans, I had my witch turn her into a fish! :D So satisfying! Alas, it was only temporary. I wish that spell was permanent. At least in 'some' cases. ;)
    d8QOtg5.png

Or you could always go into CAS and give her a "makeover" to get your revenge B)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Hmm, I could, but nah. I actually kind of like Judith despite her stalker ways. I think she's just lonely and craves the attention she got in her heyday years of stardom. I mostly ignore her and just roll my eyes when she walks by. But sometimes she gets on my nerves, especially at venues, and I can't help makng my Sims do something to mess with her a little. :D
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I wonder.... I don't recall seeing Katrina roaming around. As a matter of fact, I don't remember me or my sim ever interacting with her. Yet I see other maxis sims all over the place at food booths, bars, walking down the street.

Is it possible that the game keeps track of which premades we have interacted with and keeps re-using them as npcs? It's also possible that because I generally ignore her that I don't notice her when the game places her under my nose.
    I doubt it....I mean, my Sims never interact with her, yet she keeps showing up. Same with the Bjornsens
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Usually, the sims you see around you are sims you don't know (or rather, your sim don't). Because my theory is that the walk-by serves only one purpose, its a push for your sim to interact with them. If you intercept Katrina (for example) and befriend her, she won't be roaming the neighbourhood anymore (she'd be stalking your phone, but that's a different discussion). Instead, you'll get new sims you don't know walking around. You befriend them, they vanish and new ones come in etc. Because Every Sim Needs To Be Friends With Every Other Sim.

Its the same push that happens when your sim is out and about and random weirdos start conversations you never asked for or needed. Because sometimes you're actually on a date or enjoying a nice dinner at a nice place, or having a nice drink after work with a couple buddies. But there they are, butting in. That's my theory, anyway, don't know if its actually meant that way.

Sorry, pet peeve. I don't like being pushed :#
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2020
    There’s lots of sims in my game that just don’t leave their house. That roommate household from Oasis springs, for one. The girl, Patel I think her name is, I sometimes see her. But not those male roommates of hers.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Does Brent Hecking ever stop jogging?
    When was the last time Nancy and Geoffrey Landgraab were in the same place at the same time?
    Where's this glamourous party at 11pm happening and why is everyone dressed up to the nines for it?
    Why are there never any single young adults at the Romance festival?
    You see the Heckings running and working out everywhere....but you never see the dog
    Why is Blue always ill when his owner's a vet?
    How did Zoe Patel find out where you sim lives and why does she show up there at random?

These are the mysteries of The Sims premades!