Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Age.

Is there an easy way to tell a sims age or maybe a mod that can help? My sim married another sim and it turned out he's so much older than her and now I've realized that it seems like there is no way to tell or am I just missing something obvious?

Comments

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    MasterController from Nraas can tell you how old the sim is. Click on the sim in question, Nraas > MasterController > Status > Personal and one of the top things will show is how old that sim is. I use it for my Legacy Challenge save and it helps quite a bit.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    StoryProgression or a more risque NRaas mod (never sure) lets you ask a sim how old they are under friendly socials, though it's in relation to your sim and you have to do math (yuck!)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Thank you so much. I have the MasterController mod and this has been most helpful.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited September 2020
    You can also use NRaas Tagger, and if you activate that feature, in town view, the tags representing the sims will show their age in days as soon as you hover your mouse over the tag.

Edit: This looks like in this image with a graduation ceremony of some residents (none from my household) going on:
    jCCcXCg.jpg
    You can customize what is shown to some extent.
    Turjan wrote: »
    You can also use NRaas Tagger, and if you activate that feature, in town view, the tags representing the sims will show their age in days as soon as you hover your mouse over the tag.

You can customize what is shown to some extent.

That looks like an interesting mod. I like how it shows sims all over the map. I'm still getting acquainted with TS3 but when I know the game a bit more I might get this one. Does it tag the sims automatically or do you have to tag them all?
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    NRaas Tagger has options you can set. Once you set sim tags to true, all sims will be tagged, including pets and stray/wild animals. You can create filters, but I've never done that, so I don't know how it works.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @Turjan - thanks for the hint. Just enabled it in my Monte Vista game - Freakin' hell, is everyone in Monte Vista stinkin' rich? Nearly every sim I looked up had over §100,000. Including my sims, who got rich with one pink diamond spire cut and a luminorious gem spire cut.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sorry, wrong discussion.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    @Sharonia As Irene already said, you just have to change one toggle in the settings, and you're all set regarding the tags (two toggles if you want to see all building tags, too). By the way, you can click on the tags and use, for example, Master Controller commands on them, same as if you clicked on the sims directly. So just go to the map, click on the tags of your straying sims, and then send them to school or work from map view.

@Nikkei_Simmer Yes, after some time, nearly everyone is rich. At least everyone who starts collecting gems. If you have pets active, that happens even more quickly, because collecting minor animals is also much more profitable than going to work.
    Turjan wrote: »
    @Sharonia As Irene already said, you just have to change one toggle in the settings, and you're all set regarding the tags (two toggles if you want to see all building tags, too). By the way, you can click on the tags and use, for example, Master Controller commands on them, same as if you clicked on the sims directly. So just go to the map, click on the tags of your straying sims, and then send them to school or work from map view.

@Nikkei_Simmer Yes, after some time, nearly everyone is rich. At least everyone who starts collecting gems. If you have pets active, that happens even more quickly, because collecting minor animals is also much more profitable than going to work.

Thank you so much. Will the mod affect my game performance at all? I already have a few on the NRaas mods in my game. I love mods but game performance will always comes first for me.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    Tagger is not very resource intensive, maybe a little if you have a very high world population. In fact, many find that it adds stability to an otherwise unstable map tagging system. When its functions used to be part of StoryProgression many years ago, it did drag the mod's overall performance down for some most notably when they tried to use color coded tagging, which is partly why it is its own separate mod now. But like the others, it can easily be removed if the player doesn't like it.

In very complicated and crowded worlds, I find that some subset of the tags tend to keep disappearing and reappearing on me throughout gameplay. But that's not been widely reported and it really doesn't affect the performance of the rest of the game. I've just kind of come to accept it as a minor nuisance.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    Tagger is not very resource intensive, maybe a little if you have a very high world population. In fact, many find that it adds stability to an otherwise unstable map tagging system. When its functions used to be part of StoryProgression many years ago, it did drag the mod's overall performance down for some most notably when they tried to use color coded tagging, which is partly why it is its own separate mod now. But like the others, it can easily be removed if the player doesn't like it.

In very complicated and crowded worlds, I find that some subset of the tags tend to keep disappearing and reappearing on me throughout gameplay. But that's not been widely reported and it really doesn't affect the performance of the rest of the game. I've just kind of come to accept it as a minor nuisance.

Thank you so much. I will give it a try and see how I like it.