Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher is blacked out.... *SOLVED*

jonesyKSjonesyKS Posts: 204 Member
My game was working great 2 hours ago when I quit and saved the game, however when I turned it back on my launcher is crazy and I'm praying that I don't have to uninstall again to fix it.

I did look for a fix but the one I found doesn't help (going into REGEDIT and deleting expansions that I don't have because I have all the expansions & packs), I haven't found much else though, I just keep finding the "error during startup" fixes. Any help would be gladly appreciated! Thank you!
[img][/img]x0o8RBt.jpg
Post edited by jonesyKS on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    As we already know, you have an Origin/Patch 1.69 install. This looks/sounds like an Origin handoff to the Launcher issue more than something wrong with the game installation. Or it could be a Windows component problem such as one with .NET or DirectX.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Origin and bringing the issue to the attention of the folks at Answers.HQ as previously suggested? Whether the issue is with Origin or the operating system, they can better help diagnose it over there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • jonesyKSjonesyKS Posts: 204 Member
    I did do the uninstall/reinstall and I did email Origin and they helped me get the launcher to actually launch again because it wouldn’t come up at all - I was thrilled! Then this happened, I honestly think it’s Microsoft (there was another update for Windows, I had hoped it my game wouldn’t mess up again but it’s a recurring pattern now), I will check with Answer HQ again just to be sure since they also had an update.
    Thank you for replying!
  • jonesyKSjonesyKS Posts: 204 Member
    Chatted with an EA technical guide, (I think I tried something like this before, but I probably got the steps wrong) in case anyone else has this issue here were his instructions:

If Origin is running, close it by clicking Origin in the menu bar then Exit. Double-check that Origin is fully closed. If it isn’t, you won’t be able to complete all the steps. To double-check, open Task Manager and go to Processes. Make sure that Origin.exe and OriginWebHelperService.exe aren’t there. If they are, end the tasks to close them.

Hold the Windows key + R. In the command box that opens, type %ProgramData%/Origin then click OK. Delete all the files and folders inside it except for LocalContent. Do not delete this folder.

Hold the Windows key + R again. In the command box that opens, type %AppData% then click OK. In the Roaming folder that opens, delete the Origin folder.

Click on AppData in the address bar. Open the Local folder. Delete the Origin folder in there.

Restart your PC.

*This has helped with my issue, though when I saved & quit my game the original error happened once again. So I went back through the steps again, hopefully it's fixed again. At the moment Origin will not show my game library and is saying its servers are down,