Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 should be about the city life

2...Next

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wholeheartedly disagree.

A potential Sims 5 should give us the ability to create our own worlds. Not limit gameplay to one kind of world.
    We do live in 2020 after all.

Yep. We really do need to be able to create, or alter the worlds to suit the sort of game we want to play.

There needs to be LOTS of toggles.

Lets have the ability to toggle the world to a rustic setting, eg, no cars, no phones, no electronics of any sort.
    A vintage setting would be nice too, with victorian or edwardian style tech, and a retro setting to bring it into the 40's - 60's.
    And a toggle so you can set it to transition between them, or leave the world permanently in one era. We should also be able to set how many sim years/generations will pass for each era.

We should also be able to start with a village in the rustic era, and build it up to become a city by the modern age, if we want to.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've never lived in a city in my entire life, which is 50+ years, if anyone wonders. I'd rather not have the next sims focused on cities. I hardly use the one we have in 4 now, can't stand living there very long, at least not without proper modding (especially thick apartement walls).

Sure, include a city like San Myshuno, or two. I can always toss random townies that way, much like I do now. I'd like other types of areas for my sims to live in, though. And plenty of buildable lots is a must.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would love for Sims 5 to incorporate bits of Simcity 4 where you can build your own town and then have your sims live in it picking and choosing which families live where...and then following any of your selected families through your daily lives. On top of which...we have the ability to lay down roads where we want and start building up neighborhoods and laying down infrastructure (plumbing and electrical), shops, commercial and industrial districts, train-stations, bus-lines, airports, etc...a fully vibrant city for your Sims to live out their lives in...all while playing them and seeing them marry, have kids and grow their families (just as we do in the Sims).

Yes, I know...for some that would be over-kill and give people nightmares for those who aren't into SimCity type gameplay...but there should be a toggle to plop your sim into a pre-made town and play the way you do in the Sims while for those of us who want "Sims/SimCity" can play the way we want to.

The simple fact is that you can keep your town small or build it up...or keep it rural country-side...if you want to...just so long as we have the assets to be able to do that. Make a farming community...keep it rural...or build up over time and generations into a booming city. That and being able to play my family of sims and work together as a community...with other NPCs would be great.
    Movotti wrote: »
    We should also be able to start with a village in the rustic era, and build it up to become a city by the modern age, if we want to.

That could be a "civilization" mode - through generations...but should also have the option of starting it in the present as a rural community...by picking and choosing modern day assets.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I like the suburban feel of every Sims game, though I would love more tools and varieties to make our own cities/towns/neighborhoods like Sims 2 and customizing from Sims 3, etc, so we can have ability to have more varied worlds or worlds that we can customize to our heart’s content. 🙂
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)