Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2020
    I just found that all formal wear is not working properly, @luthienrising It seems to be almost translucent. Even the non-cc evening wear. Any ideas what may be causing it? broken CC or another type of mod? I hope someone can help. <3

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I just found that all formal wear is not working properly, @luthienrising It seems to be almost translucent. Even the non-cc evening wear. Any ideas what may be causing it? broken CC or another type of mod? I hope someone can help. <3

That's a really odd error, not one I've ever heard of. Sounds like time to do a 50-50. If you've not done one before, there's a link on p. 1 to instructions.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Updated
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • by the Scumbumbo Team: Smarter Baby Care (previously reported broken), Working Alarm Clocks, Variable Default Relationship Mods
  • PurneyPurney Posts: 57 Member

I had an incident like that. I had just installed some clothing and jewelry, and tried them out when I went in game. I tested each item I had installed, it turned out to be caused by a piece of jewelry. Once I took that out, the clothing returned to normal.
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    rabbithole careers: updated advice. I've removed these from the Broken Mods list. Initially, it was assumed by those of us tracking at Deaderpool's server and looking at initial code, that broken rabbithole code affected careers. So far, however, the only actual reports of breakage are unconfirmed in testing. Neia has not reported in that her tool does need updating. That said, until career creators confirm their mods working, use at your own risk.

While the actual careers themselves aren't having any issues, people on Deaderpool's server figured out that my Midnitetech careers were causing Last Exceptions when my toddler was suppose to go to preschool (Kawaii Stacie's Edu Bundle), which is also a rabbit hole career. The toddler wouldn't go. Very odd; when I took Midnitetech's careers out, the issue with going to preschool was fixed. I thought maybe I'd just post this here just in case other people are having the same issue? I had KS careers too, but took those out before Midnitetech. I don't have careers from any other creators, just those 2.
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

rabbithole careers: updated advice. I've removed these from the Broken Mods list. Initially, it was assumed by those of us tracking at Deaderpool's server and looking at initial code, that broken rabbithole code affected careers. So far, however, the only actual reports of breakage are unconfirmed in testing. Neia has not reported in that her tool does need updating. That said, until career creators confirm their mods working, use at your own risk.

While the actual careers themselves aren't having any issues, people on Deaderpool's server figured out that my Midnitetech careers were causing Last Exceptions when my toddler was suppose to go to preschool (Kawaii Stacie's Edu Bundle), which is also a rabbit hole career. The toddler wouldn't go. Very odd; when I took Midnitetech's careers out, the issue with going to preschool was fixed. I thought maybe I'd just post this here just in case other people are having the same issue? I had KS careers too, but took those out before Midnitetech. I don't have careers from any other creators, just those 2.

Hm. Sounds like a conflict between KS's Education Bundle & careers made with Neia's tool, then.
  • KixxinghaeKixxinghae Posts: 20 Member
    Hi i wanna report that thepancake1's cute romance interactions are causing crash on my game!
    Kixxinghae wrote: »
    Hi i wanna report that thepancake1's cute romance interactions are causing crash on my game!

Thanks! Just confirming - did you test those alone, or were there other mods/CC installed?
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I don't see it anywhere, but does anyone know if Life Decider by KawaiiStacie still works? It does what it needs to do, but I just found out through testing that my sims barely gain any relationship with each other when it is in the mods folder.
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I don't see it anywhere, but does anyone know if Life Decider by KawaiiStacie still works? It does what it needs to do, but I just found out through testing that my sims barely gain any relationship with each other when it is in the mods folder.

According to her website, it does: https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/updates Make sure you're on the current version. It might also be conflicting with another mod.
    Updated Mods
  • RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    LittleMsSam posted some new updates on her website regarding door options today.
    Thanks, @Roomouse !

Mod Updates from LittleMsSam
    These are necessary fixes for broken parts of these mods:
    • Auto Employees | Custom Lot Trait
    • Force to Leave | New Door Interaction
    • Foster Family
    • Live in Business
    • More Buyable Venues and new Venue Types
    • More Visitors | Custom Lot Trait
    • My Pets
    • Unlock/Lock Doors for chosen Sims
    • More Servings Options & Better MealTime Menus
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I've used the Life Decider in my game and haven't had any problems with it.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    edited September 2020
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    This may be an odd question but I have downloaded and read all of the instructions for LittleMsSam's Live in Business mod (I also have the more buyable venues/types mod to pair with it) but I have no clue how to actually own and live in, lets say a Cafe. I pre-changed the lot trait to live in cafe, but I tried getting my sims to buy the lot over the phone and I have no idea what to do lol. Any tips? Sorry, I know this thread isn't typically meant for this kind of question but I still am a tad confused even after reading her instructions. I could be it's not working properly but I want to make sure that I am following instructions correctly first.

You do not need more buyable venues for this Mod to work. You just build your home and business as one lot leaving it as residential and add the lot traits.
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Some of the creators at The Sims Resource, including Mutske, NynaeveDesign and Buffsumm, have updated their windows and doors as well.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • szanne7777szanne7777 Posts: 43 Member
    @kirivian - apparently there are a lot of issues with them... remember that if you download a "fixed" version from TSR, when S4S has their batch fix ready to go it will NOT be able to repair non-cut out items.
    @szanne7777 Thanks for the heads up. :) I have been, like so many others, waiting to patch since before Sept 3, but I have been downloading and keeping track of updates. I don't intend to add the updates or patch until/unless S4S releases the batch fix so your warning is both timely and much appreciated.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    szanne7777 wrote: »
    @kirivian - apparently there are a lot of issues with them... remember that if you download a "fixed" version from TSR, when S4S has their batch fix ready to go it will NOT be able to repair non-cut out items.
    Oh? (I haven't downloaded anything from TSR in a long time, and none of the stuff I did download there were doors and windows.)
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
    @kirivian Do you have links for those? @szanne7777 Is that for all these creators?

Updated CC
    Confirmed Fine by Creator
    • by zhanbow — Fix Capped Lot Taxes/Bills (Eco Lifestyle Patch
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    szanne7777 wrote: »

How is this any different from other creators who have fixed their windows? (Minc, TheJim07, Kalino) Or would all "fixed" CC windows and doors break by the S4S patch?
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

I think these links should work, but after @szanne7777 replied to me i checked the posts again and i am not sure how well the fixes are working. On Mutske's page there was some commentary about problems with the doors after the fixes, but no comments for either of the other artists, and as i've said, i have not tested them because i have not patched yet, sorry.
    Mutske,
    NynaeveDesign,
    BuffSumm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top