Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims are constantly in mourning ever since that patch update

13...Next

Comments

• Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    Quick question...and maybe this has already been addressed but I am new to MCCC and I am wondering if there is a way to use this to remove the 2 day sadness moodlet? I would only do this for sims who ot doesnt make sense to mourn over. If there is it can at least help to avoid the issue until (hopefully) it is resolved

I know that with UI Cheats you can right-click on the moodlet to get rid of it; you can enable debug cheats in MCCC but not sure if the right-click functionality works.

Like regular game cheats? Thanks! If that works it will be an easy way to ban that annoying unnecessary moodlet
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    Quick question...and maybe this has already been addressed but I am new to MCCC and I am wondering if there is a way to use this to remove the 2 day sadness moodlet? I would only do this for sims who ot doesnt make sense to mourn over. If there is it can at least help to avoid the issue until (hopefully) it is resolved

use it to filter what calls you get so you only get the calls you want.
    I'd reccoment this mod instead, though http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=605441

• sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    sazzieJ wrote: »
    my sim got the sad buff from a death message that was blank in regards to the sim that died but my sim still gets sad for 2 days. thats not cool

not sure when it was introduced but i noticed last time i played that sims i dont interact with anymore and whos friendship decays alot get removed from my friend list. i can only assume one of them died and thats why the notification was blank with their name.

i have no qualms over being told about family/good friends dying but to be sad for a nameless sim irks me.

i personally would like the newspaper bought back with a section for death notices/obituaries so if i want to make my sim sad on purpose i can learn which townies/acquaintances have died by reading the newspaper. calls/sms for close friends/family, and a newspaper for others. its generally how the news is spread nowadays from my experience.

id also like a cemetery back. i have no need for gazillions of clubs/coffee house/gym type lots but a cemetery where all gravestones/urns go for townie, unplayed sims would be nice. much like sims 3 we could have a few on display and everything else goes into a vault for storage with the option to mix it up

Judging from some of Grant's Tweets newspapers aren't coming back, but they could add a Neighborhood News... option on the computer, maybe under the Web... category.

booooo! the sims 4 is a little heavy handed on the 'social' aspect, of calls, clubs, sms, etc etc, and id like the softer touch!.

if we cant have newspapers back i support 100% a neighborhood news section on the pc/mobile. it would let me know, id hope, when certain houses become available through their occupier dying. i play one household only per save, save up money and then make my way up through the nicer houses. sometimes a townie moves in, how they afford it is beyond me, and i need to wait for them to die or 'intergrate' them into my sims lives and steal the house!

a section on the web would be a nice touch that could also include coupons or random stories. in sims 2 or 3, im pretty sure, if u read the newspaper stories they would have: rando sim a and b got married or had a baby. our sims would be sad of course coz of sims dying but then they could read a 'funnies' section and with the decor and good quality meal they just ate its all good and the sadness is gone in a matter of sim hours!

You can actually evict households -- go to Manage Worlds, click on the house you want to buy, choose Evict Household in the little options menu (looks like this: ...) and that household goes to the Not In World population to either live out their lives or you can manually give them a new house. (I manually place families I don't plan on actively playing using freerealestate because when I have the game do it, it tends to put families in the small houses and single Sims in the mansions.)

i seeeeee!!! that is good to know. i have also noticed and find it strange as well that these enormous mcmansions are occupied by one sim and smaller ones have the families but then i also find it strange that actively played households are the only ones who have generational families.

If you're not mod-averse the MC Command Center mod takes care of the generational family issue; it helps Sims get married and have babies (occasionally in that order). >:) It's a lot of fun to see the pairings, especially the same gender marriages. (Though sometimes it's a case of you can't fight fate -- in one save I had Eliza divorce Bob Pancakes, and moved them off to live their lives apart -- a while later in the game MCCC put them back together.)

sounds fun but i dont use mods or any CC. so ill stick to stealing the houses by integrating them into my families bwhaha
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Same, and it's annoying. The relationship to them is only acquaintances and it seems just as soon as I get rid of the sad moodlet another pops up. I'm tired of my Sims always being sad.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I just recently experienced this in relation to a 'not in world' townie who was a co-worker of my Sim. She got the death notice which made her sad and her co-workers were all sad too. She barely knew him other than the required Scientist career communications. The co-worker still shows up as a ghost in my Sim's relationships panel, but not in manage households. She just got a message that his spirit is fading and he will be gone if my Sim doesn't strengthen it.

My question is, how do I find him or summon him, etc. to do that if I don't know where he died to find his grave/urn? Do townies even get graves/urns? He was an elder and died of old age. I tried having her click on his ghost image to hopefully 'invite to hangout at current lot', but there are no options for him at all. :(

*Note - I do not have MCCC and no plans to get it, so hopefully there is an option that doesn't concern this mod. I have nothing against this mod, I just haven't ever used any mods/CC in this iteration yet. I'm probably being overly-cautious, but I'm still exploring everything lovely playing in Ultra mode and not low/medium with laptop mode checked.

So, anyway, I don't want to jump in headfirst and put this big/complicated mod in my game yet. I will eventually, probably, and some CC too. For now, I'm just enjoying how amazing my vanilla game looks and plays on this gaming desktop. :) #mindboggling
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Karababy52 I could tell you how to do it with MCCC ;) but I don’t think there is a way without MCCC (or another mod).

If you really want to bring back that particular townie as a ghost, you could try going back a save to before they died, putting them in a house and having your sim stick around until they die,

What I have read regarding urns is that only sims in your active family, or sims that your sim has seen die, will leave an urn. Having said that, I have gone into houses of unplayed sims and seen urns there despite none of my sims having seen the deceased sim die. It is certainly true that most unplayed sims don’t seem to leave urns, though, and probably all not in world sims, unless your sim sees them die.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Ah, okay, well thanks for the suggestion @MaggieMarley, but I don't keep any of the backup files for my saves, only the most current version so that's not an option. It's a habit from my toaster laptop days that I haven't broken yet. I most likely could keep them now and it would be fine, oh well... *shrugs*

I could just put a copy of him back in the game if I wanted to since he's a townie from another save I put in this one, but it's not really all that important. I was just curious if there was a way to summon unhoused ghost townies and if they had an urn/grave somewhere. I'm guessing he doesn't have an urn/grave and the only way to get in contact with him at all would be if he invites my Sim somewhere.

I doubt that will happen since he's about ready to be culled according to that last message she received. It's weird though that she would get that message if it wasn't somehow possible for her to 'strengthen his spirit' to remain in the world by going to his urn/grave if he doesn't actually have one.

Oh well, I originally had thoughts of my Sim getting with this guy for his money, he won the Lotto and is/was rich. But she's happily married now, just had a child and I don't believe ghosts keep their simoleons when they kick the bucket anyway now that I think about it more. lol So I really just wanted to know for any future townies that die in case I wanted to strengthen their spirit to keep them around, maybe get their urn/grave, etc. I'll probably just get MCCC soon and be good to go in the future.

Happy Simming and Thanks again! <3

P.S. I apologize to the OP for going somewhat off topic. I agree with the sentiment of Simmers in this thread and it's my opinion too that this feature needs to be tweaked. It's too much of a blanket solution that just makes gameplay for some Simmers very inconvenient, frustrating and immersion breaking as well.
  • GanisHarretGanisHarret Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm already so tired of my sims sad all the time. I have a vampire, consequently she basicly knows everybody, and she's everytime in grief for, at least, 2 person. It's very annoying to have it all the time and bothers a lot the gameplay.

2 days of grief is aceptable for family and very very close friends. Wanna put grief for every person that we met? 2 hours is more than enough.
  • huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Just found this thread and haven't had chance to read all the responses yet but I agree this definitely needs some tweaking. For close family members and very close friends then yes, two days. But Gurus, it would be awesome if we could tweak it so that sadness is perhaps proportionate in length to the relationship with the deceased...?
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Have your sim call the sadness hotline
    Oh hamburgers!
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

Maybe I’ll try that next time I play, thanks. Does it remove the moodlet straight away?!
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    huandlu wrote: »

Maybe I’ll try that next time I play, thanks. Does it remove the moodlet straight away?!

Depends on how long the moodlet is timed to be there. If your sim is sad for 2 day just calling the sadness hotline once will do very little. You would have to call multiple times and cry it out a few times. I did notice if a sad sim interacts with another who has the compassionate (empathy?) trait from Parenthood they can comfort the person who is sad and that helps. Also if you live in a house with a parent and their child or dependent is sad they can use the, "You will be okay", option in the menu and that helps a lot as well.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    huandlu wrote: »

Depends on how long the moodlet is timed to be there. If your sim is sad for 2 day just calling the sadness hotline once will do very little. You would have to call multiple times and cry it out a few times. I did notice if a sad sim interacts with another who has the compassionate (empathy?) trait from Parenthood they can comfort the person who is sad and that helps. Also if you live in a house with a parent and their child or dependent is sad they can use the, "You will be okay", option in the menu and that helps a lot as well.

• CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    I would love it if they fixed this. It's especially bad if your sim has a Popularity-based aspiration and knows everyone. I'd suggest making the calls only happen for good friends or best friends. Or maybe make the moodlet for like 3 hours. Otherwise it makes sims useless!
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • LaylaMackLaylaMack Posts: 1 New Member
    I am playing the 100 baby challenge and have 30 children so far. Now the previous siblings are starting to die of old age and everyone in my house is constantly mourning. It is almost unplayable. 2 days is excessive, and when it finally ends, everyone's phone starts ringing to indicate another death, triggering another 2 days of the very sad moodlet. It is so frustrating. And why do toddlers mourn for two days anyway? They are too young to know what's going on. I am strict about the rules so I have no mods or cc, and I don't cheat. Not sure if this is the right place to post because it looks old. I will keep looking.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    LaylaMack wrote: »
    I am playing the 100 baby challenge and have 30 children so far. Now the previous siblings are starting to die of old age and everyone in my house is constantly mourning. It is almost unplayable. 2 days is excessive, and when it finally ends, everyone's phone starts ringing to indicate another death, triggering another 2 days of the very sad moodlet. It is so frustrating. And why do toddlers mourn for two days anyway? They are too young to know what's going on. I am strict about the rules so I have no mods or cc, and I don't cheat. Not sure if this is the right place to post because it looks old. I will keep looking.

Sounds like it is working as it should and that you brought this problem on yourself. After all, it is a Challenge.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek