Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

advice on windows

Thoughts on having two bay windows next to each other? I'm not sure how I feel about it

C8OsOHi.png

Comments

• LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I've never seen that but if you like it, then do it.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm not really digging the double bay windows, if it were me I'd make 2 of the walls diagonal and then put just one window in the center so it would look like an actual bump out bay window
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    From the outside it looks fine, but from a practicality standpoint on the inside of the home, it won’t make sense.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I kinda feel like the size/amount of wall seems disproportionate to the amount of windows lol. And it's more prominent because there are two windows. If you could make just one large bay window...maybe.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I kinda feel like the size/amount of wall seems disproportionate to the amount of windows lol. And it's more prominent because there are two windows. If you could make just one large bay window...maybe.

well, the game doesn't provide me with a large bay window from base game. There is the one from Laundry Day so I'll see how I feel about that one. Thanks!
    edited September 2020
    aaronrulz wrote: »

well, the game doesn't provide me with a large bay window from base game. There is the one from Laundry Day so I'll see how I feel about that one. Thanks!

Does the game let you size windows up? I've actually never tried, I don't think.

ETA: Scratch that entire idea. What if you just...make the walls stick out as the bay and then use single windows around it. That's what I've done in the past when I wanted to make a bay window. Essentially recreate the three-sided shape of the premade bay window but use walls to do it. And then put single windows on each wall.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm not really digging the double bay windows, if it were me I'd make 2 of the walls diagonal and then put just one window in the center so it would look like an actual bump out bay window

Yes, I think this would look great.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Lol I didn't even see that you had already offered this solution when I added my post.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    edited September 2020

Create your own. As stated above make a diagonal wall from your main wall, then anywhere from 2-3 (or more) panels of wall before you reconnect with the main wall with a diagonal. Fill in each panel with a window. Voila. You won't have shudders, but it will give every appearance of being a Bay Window. :) I have to say, I'm not bothered by the two Bay Windows side-by-side.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    It's your house so do what you want. I usually make my own bay windows and use the window seats or put a plant there.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member

Does the game let you size windows up? I've actually never tried, I don't think.

ETA: Scratch that entire idea. What if you just...make the walls stick out as the bay and then use single windows around it. That's what I've done in the past when I wanted to make a bay window. Essentially recreate the three-sided shape of the premade bay window but use walls to do it. And then put single windows on each wall.

Create your own. As stated above make a diagonal wall from your main wall, then anywhere from 2-3 (or more) panels of wall before you reconnect with the main wall with a diagonal. Fill in each panel with a window. Voila. You won't have shudders, but it will give every appearance of being a Bay Window. :) I have to say, I'm not bothered by the two Bay Windows side-by-side.